Hired by the Billionare

By IMyourNUMBER1GIRL

"I know this is a stupid question but Venice Halsey will you be my fake girlfriend?" He is the heir of the w... More

Hired by the Billionare
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 2O
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 [Last]
BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 1: The New Beginning (2)
Chapter 2: There are two sides of the story left untold (2)
Chapter 3: The "Talk" (2)
Chapter 4: History itself repeating all over Again (2)
Chapter 5: It was just a kiss (2)
Chapter 6: Newfound Friendship (2)
Chapter 7: "I Love You" (2)
Chapter 8: No Judgments (2)

Chapter 21

7.5K 316 19
By IMyourNUMBER1GIRL

-Venice-

"You better make sure that guy gets into jail" I heard Mr. Delacorte say over the police officers who were responsible for the case. His eyes were full of sorrow and pain as I watch him get back down to his seat with his hand covering his head as he let out an exaggerated sigh.

His parents were sitting right across us in the waiting room, I watch Mr. Delacorte as he comforted his wife, it must be painful for her to hear that her son was involved in a tragic accident. They were both mum when they arrived, no words were spoken just tears.

"This is all my fault Cole" I whispered right into his ear as Cole's muscular arms wrapped right around my body, he was sitting right beside me trying to hold back his tears.

"Shhh, it was an accident Venice, don't blame yourself" He whispered right into my ear. No matter how much he tried to say to me that it was all an accident, I still don't believe him. I know it was my fault and I know that this would have never happened if I just listened to him.

My eyes were red and swollen and tears kept running down my cheek, there was a streak of blood through my shirt but I couldn't care less. A short memory suddenly flashed right into my eyes as I remembered our time when we first kissed...No it wasn't in the Rockwell Christmas Tree where we basically made out, it was when I asked him to be my fake boyfriend at a game to get Jessica jealous and things got heated and I suddenly kissed him for the whole school body to believe that I was really dating him which drove him mad at the end. That was such a bittersweet experience, he was such a mean jerk and still is now, except that he saved me.

"Family of Charles Luis Delacorte?" A doctor suddenly came inside searching for us. We immediately stood up from our seats and raised our hands up which caught him by surprise.

"Is my baby okay?" Mrs. Delacorte questions as the Doctor approached us with an unreadable expression.

"Well, to answer your question Mrs. Delacorte, due to the sudden impact of the accident, it was impossible for your son to survive"

What?

"But luckily he did. He has 3 broken ribs on his left side, a fractured leg, some internal bleeding but were trying to fix that. He has a few stitches on his head, he'll be fine for now" The doctor said with a sigh as I tried to sink everything in.

"What do you mean for now?" Mrs. Delacorte questions, looking straightly at the Doctor.

"The impact between his body and the car created a huge effect on his body  and we just checked his scans and he has a 60-40 chance that he won't make it"

"What do you mean chance?" Cole asked as I clung onto his shoulder.

"But you just said he was a lucky one Lewis" Mr. Delacorte said, looking at this 'Lewis' guy once more.

"Delacorte i'm so sorry, his head was badly hurt and so we took an MRI scanning on his brain and there was a slight inflammation on the right side of his brain and right now he is in a coma in the ICU"

Mrs. Delacorte let out a loud cry as her husband wrapped an arm around her "Can we see him Lewis?" Mr. Delacorte questions.

I see the doctors lips come out very softly as I tried to keep a straight look. Everything around me was spinning in circles, I blinked my eyes rapidly, everything just came out in such a blur. This is my fault. Everything's my fault. I grabbed a hold of Cole as I tried to maintain my balance "Venice, are you alright?" I heard someone call out my name.

I shook my head in dismay, everything was spinning in circles and I couldn't contain my balance "Venice!"

---
White. The color white was all I see. Everything in the room was pure white. It was like an epitome of whiteness. I looked at the room around me and I was lying on a bed. What the hell happened to me?

"You're awake" I suddenly heard Cole's voice as he walked towards my direction with a worried expression on his face.

"Did I?"

"Faint? Yup" He nodded his head in dismay as he poured out a glass of water "Here" He gave me the glass of water.

"Thanks" I said as I got up from the bed sipping the glass of water "How's Charles?"

"Still in coma" Cole said with a frown "His mom and dad are gonna fly out to Singapore to handle their business later today"

"Aren't they gonna watch out for Charles?" I question with a raised eyebrow. Haven't they heard of his condition? Don't they want to stay?

"That's Charles parents" Cole said as if he knew what his parents would do in this state of condition "They always choose Business over their own son" He faked a laugh as he looked at me

"But they were worried about him an hour ago, don't tell me that they don't 'care' because no parent want their child to be hurt" I replied. I couldn't understand. An hour ago, his parents were crying their eyes out in the waiting room and now they're going to fly out in Singapore? You have got to be kidding me.

"But that's not Mr and Mrs. Delacorte to you, they don't even give a fuck on Charles condition, they think it was enough to cry their eyes out in the waiting room awhile ago" Cole says looking at me straight in the eye. It's like he wanted to tell me that Charles parents wouldn't care less about him. "Do you want me to tell you a story?" He suddenly questions. I nodded my head in dismay without uttering a word.

He let out a sigh first before he started to speak "There was this time when Charles was very sick that he was sent to the hospital due to his temperature and his parents were too 'busy' to visit him since his dad was in LA and his mom was in China. Charles was crying his eyes out in the hospital because his parents weren't there to comfort him and care for him. His long time maid and Krustov were the ones who was with him in times of need, they were like his second parents" Cole said and continued to speak "His parents were never there for him and would never be, because all they care about is their Business"

Business. That's where it all started. I nodded my head understandingly. I understand now. I understood why he built this big walls around him. I understood why he's so cold to other people. He's just a boy. A boy whose lonely. A boy who wants his parents to be around him. He's a boy who wants to be loved. Who would've thought that a cold hearted jerk like him is actually a lonely boy? He gets everything that he wants. He's rich but he's not happy. He wants his family back "He just wants his family back huh?" I said as I look over at Cole. He nodded his head in dismay with a half smile.

"Do you want to visit him?" He suddenly changed the subject. I nodded my head and smiled weakly. What does he look like now with so many stitches around his head and a monitor to keep him alive?

--
A gasp came out of my lips as I walked over towards Charles condition. He looks so pale and weak. He looked completely different, bandages wrapped around his head, stitches on his cheek, a cast on his leg and arm and a tube pressed on his mouth.

I took a seat right next to him "Charles, can you hear me?" A lone tear escaped from my eyes as I touched his pale cheek. His eyes were closed and his beautiful long lashes were clearly seen. He looks like an angel when he's sleeping but a monster when he's awake.

"Of course, I know you can't hear me" I answered my own question with a low dry laugh "I look like a weirdo talking to you because you're not saying anything" I let out an exaggerated sigh "First of all Charles, I wanted to say i'm sorry. This is all my fault if I just hadn't left and ran away like that, this wouldn't have happened. Funny thing though, I was about to confess to you" Another tear escaped from my eyes "I was gonna say that I love you, ever since then Charles, I have loved you, always have and always will"

I wiped a tear out of my eye and continued "Second of all, I finally understood why you're such a beast. You're just a lonely boy who just wanted to be loved by his parents and I understand why you're building up this huge walls around you. But you're still a beast, my beast" A smile slowly crept out of my lips caressing his pale cheek.

"And finally, please be strong. Whatever it is inside of you, please fight. Fight Charles, I know that you're strong and I know that you can do it. Charles no matter what happens, i'm still gonna be right here for you even if you're a cold hearted jerk sometimes. Your heart has been broken by the one you loved the most but i'm here. I'm here to fix it. I'm here to mend those pieces" I say placing my head on his shoulder as a tear escape from my eyes "I'm not leaving you anytime soon"

**

I'M SO SORRY GUYS FOR UPDATING SO LONG.. PLEASE FORGIVE ME HEHE I'VE GOT SO MANY THINGS TO DO BUT DON'T WORRY I'VE UPDATED TWO CHAPTERS FOR ALL OF YOU. AS A PEACE OFFERING HEHEHE I LOVE YOU GUYS!

DO YOU THINK THAT I'M GONNA LET CHARLES DIE? 😏

MANY OF YOU THOUGHT THAT CHAPTER 20 WAS THE 'END' OF IT ALL BUT IT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING OF A NEW CHAPTER AND A NEW LIFE...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
27.7K 1K 13
Everyday Rochelle Evans, a.k.a Chelly wakes up at 6am and takes the bus at 7am. She takes it this early because she wants to see her crush every morn...
701K 18.7K 57
"You were money in my eyes, Damien. Nothing more. How can that be amusing to you?" Angel Mohr sold for a staggering price! Not that she has any expe...
89.9K 1.8K 35
NOT EDITED "I like you, Alexis..... I like you a lot" Then she smashed her lips to mine ~•~•~•~•~ Alexis Anderson is a sweet, innocent, and kind-h...