EGL // lashton

By umlashton

「 chaos is an angel who fell in love with a demon 」 - christopher poindexter in... More

zero
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
nine / re-uploaded
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
trailer!!! | (fan art?)
twenty three
bromance awards
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
q&a
THE SEQUEL IS UP

five

24.3K 1.2K 1.6K
By umlashton

Ashton stood up from Luke's bed and grimaced slightly at the pain from his back.

"You could stay" Luke said as he saw Ashton's face scrunch up. Ashton sighed at the younger boy. He was such a sweet and innocent boy and he was nothing at all like Ashton, so the older boy couldn't understand just why Luke wanted to be around him.

"No, I can't"

"But you can barely walk" Luke pointed out before looking at Ashton's back.

"I told you before and I'm telling you again; don't worry about me. I don't need people to worry about me" Ashton snapped and Luke shut his mouth.

He just wanted to please Ashton. He wanted to ask the right questions and say the right things. He wanted Ashton to agree with him and he wanted Ashton to maybe crack a smile, since Luke had never seen the older boy turn his frown into a smile.

"Shit, I knew kissing you would be a great fucking mistake" Ashton mumbled but Luke heard and the words stung him badly.

"You're too young and you're too innocent. Everything would have been fine if I just stayed away from you and if you just had shut your mouth" Ashton said and turned to watch the sad looking boy sitting on his bed.

Ashton ran a hand through his hair and sighed out loudly. He didn't like seeing how hurt he made the younger boy, and Ashton was frustrated with himself for feeling such sympathy towards the blonde.

"I'm sorry" Luke spoke up quietly, looking down at his lap. Ashton placed his eyes on Luke's slumped posture and sighed for knowing he had hurt the blonde once again.

"I'm sorry that I've been so on towards you. You've told me to back off so many times and I haven't. It's just, you're really interesting and you make me feel stuff, and I like the way you make me feel" Luke mumbled.

"How can I make you feel so much when we've only met during fucking deadly situations. I've been an awful person towards you Luke, why would you ever give me a second glance?"

"Because I've been taught to get to know the person inside the shell. I haven't done that with you yet but I really want to"

Ashton sighed yet again before hesitantly crouching down in front of Luke and placed his big hands on each of Luke's knees.

"I can't let you get to know me" he said and looked into Luke's pretty blue eyes.

"Why?" Luke whispered. He was starting to get frustrated with the older boy. He just wanted to get to know the real Ashton, the one who no one seemed to understand in school. He wanted to know just why Ashton was covered in cuts and bruises all the time and he wanted to know what Ashton was working with. He wanted to know Ashton.

"Because I want you to live your life without having to check over your shoulder every second to be sure no one is after you"

Ashton let his thumbs caress Luke's clothed legs as he spoke, keeping his eyes locked with the blue ones.

"Nothing good can ever come from being near me" Ashton said softly. He was trying so hard to get Luke to understand. To make him realize that it was dangerous to be close to him.

Luke studied the boy in front of him and even though the boy may have hurt him many times already, Luke didn't care, because the small glimpse of hurt Ashton always had in his eye made the blonde care even more about the older one.

"Sometimes it feels like you are more afraid of me than I am of you" Luke spoke up, making Ashton raise his eyebrows slightly.

"I'm not afraid of you" Ashton said, now frowning a bit, "Why would I be afraid of you?"

"I don't know," Luke shrugged before slowly inching his hand closer to Ashton's hand on his leg. Luke hesitated before placing his hand over Ashton's lightly and he felt how Ashton very lightly moved his hand to get away, but relaxed soon after. "But I'd like for you to tell me"

Ashton wasn't afraid of Luke, he wasn't afraid of anyone. Luke was a blip in his system though. He had never had anyone so close to him and someone who tried to care about him this much.

He pushed away people as fast as he could so he would never get close to anyone. Ashton was so confused now when Luke had succeed to break through all the obstacles Ashton had put up and had gotten closer than anyone has ever done emotionally.

"There's nothing to tell more than that you're young and you staying around me will hurt you. The things that has happened since you first met me are nothing compared to what could happen" Ashton said, feeling his fingers twitch for touch under Luke's small hand.

"Why do you keep telling me that?" Luke asked, his eyes roaming Ashton's wounded face for an explanation.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt"

Luke frowned before moving slightly closer to the edge of his bed, making him move closer to Ashton as well. He moved his hands away from Ashton's and brought them up to the older boy's shoulders, playing with his shirt slightly.

"I won't get hurt"

"How are you so sure of that?" Ashton asked, raising one eyebrow in question.

"Because you will protect me" Luke said confidently, like he just knew Ashton would do that for him. Luke certainty surprised Ashton, making him sit quietly and only look at the blonde.

"You will protect me like you did by the harbor, when you stayed to find me and to keep me alive" Luke said. His voice made it sound like he adored the older boy, like he was some kind of hero and Ashton just wanted to shut Luke up.

Ashton was nothing like a hero. He was everything that a hero was not, but hearing Luke speak so highly of him made him feel proud. Ashton wanted to do and be everything Luke said but he couldn't.

With the life Ashton had, how would he be able to keep an eye out for his guys, Luke and himself? He knew the guys could easily take care of themselves, but they were a team, a family, and it was his duty to protect them. But he felt some kind of need to keep an eye out for Luke all the time, to always make sure he was smiling and living.

"Why are you fighting so hard to be close to me?" Ashton asked and slowly started caressing the younger boy's thighs up and down innocently.

"Because I like you" The words were so simple for Luke. He spoke them out loud and then shrugged, like the words were nothing, but to Ashton they were everything.

No one like Ashton. He's unsure if even the guys at home really like him. Ashton himself doesn't like him. He was an asshole, an idiot and a criminal, why would anyone like him?

Luke was too happy and positive for his own good. To know that the young boy had met a cold blooded murderer and started to take a liking to him was dangerous. Just because Luke was so positive, he had hidden all the bad things about Ashton far away and only kept to good ones close.

Problem was, there were thousands of bad things and only a few good, but Luke took good care of all the good he had seen so far and he knew that there would be so many more.

He hoped so anyway.

"No you don't Luke, you just like the thought of me. If you saw the real me and the life I live you wouldn't like me" Ashton argues though he just wanted to stay quiet.

"I have seen the real you and your life, or at least the tough version, and I'm not running away. I'm just waiting to see the real version of you in the softer version" Luke spoke, his clear blue eyes smiling at the older boy.

"There is no 'softer version'" Ashton scoffed.

"Then what version of you are you now?" Luke asked slightly confused and let his fingers innocently move closer to Ashton's exposed neck. He just really wanted to touch the older boy, just feel him for a second or so.

Ashton didn't answer Luke's question because he had no answer. What was he supposed to say? That he was just acting a part, because that was not it. He wasn't playing anything right now, because right now, he was Ashton. The long lost version of him, the version Ashton himself had never experienced.

Ashton watched Luke and Luke watched Ashton. They were quiet as they read each other's eyes for some kind of answers.

Luke couldn't find anything since Ashton's eyes were hidden under this mass of emotionless clouds, but Ashton could see everything. He could read Luke as easy as words on a paper, and the older boy didn't know if it was a curse or a blessing.

"I should leave" Ashton sighed and stood up from his crouching position, making Luke's hands that were previously resting on his shoulders fall sadly to the side.

"Why do you always leave?" Luke said and pouted, making Ashton sigh. The blond boy was frustrating him and Ashton frustrated himself as well for actually wanting to make sure the young boy was always okay.

"I don't always leave" Ashton said, pointing facts out.

"But you always run away as soon as things get personal. Why do you do that?" Luke asked and stood up from his bed to be more in the same level as Ashton.

"I just don't like it personal" Ashton said. It was the truth, he had built himself a wall to get away from personal stuff because Ashton couldn't share his life with anyone. If he did he'd probably end up in jail and that's one of many reasons Ashton was worrying about getting too close to Luke.

"Okay" Luke said softly and nodded his head because, sure, that was an acceptable answer. "Will your back be okay?"

"I'm sure it will, I'm always okay in the end" Ashton said and watched the blonde furrow his eyebrows slightly at what the older had told him.

"Just, be careful I guess" Luke said. He so badly wanted to know who had done all this damage to Ashton and what the word carved into Ashton's skin stood for, but he knew that it was better to shut up now when he had the older boy on the good side.

Ashton nodded his head before slowly walking over to Luke's bedroom door but stopped as he looked down at his clothes.

"I need my clothes back, I need to change"

Luke looked up and shook his head. "No, they are wet and drenched in blood, you can wear that"

"I can't wear your brother's clothes" Ashton said and looked himself up and down.

"Yes you can, it's fine. I'll give you your clothes but you can still wear what you're wearing now"

Ashton sighed and nodded. He had no energy to argue with the younger one because he had grown to know that he was a very good negotiator.

"Fine" he mumbled and stood still and watched as Luke picked up his clothes and folded them neatly before handing them to Ashton.

"Is your family home?" Ashton asked as he was ready to go out of Luke's room.

"I'm not sure, why?"

"Because if they are I need to go through the window. Can you check?"

Luke nodded and carefully opened his bedroom door, sticking out his head and looking left to right before calling out all the names in his family. He got no respond, making Ashton step out of his room, limping slightly.

Luke felt bad for him, he really did but Ashton had specifically told him to not feel sorry for him, so Luke decided to only do it in silence.

They walked down the stairs and stopped by the front door. Luke was looking at Ashton as he lazily put on his black worn-out Converse. As Ashton was done, he lifted his eyes and they locked with Luke's immediately.

"Don't tell anyone about me and what you saw on my body, okay?" Ashton said, looking at Luke sincerely. Luke nodded his head, always ready to follow Ashton's order if it didn't contain them ignoring each other.

"I won't," Luke said and shook his head. He looked at the older boy before hesitating a bit and then quickly stood on his toes to place a quick peck on Ashton's rough cheek. Luke pulled away quick after and looked at Ashton again.

The older boy was looking back very intensely and Luke almost blushed at the gaze but he didn't have the chance to as Ashton grabbed his chin and steered his face back, placing his lips on his own.

Ashton didn't know just why he did it, but he had no control over himself, so he just let his lips move against Luke's inexperienced ones, and relaxed.

He moved the hand he held on Luke's chin down to the blonde's thin waist and held him steadily. Luke carefully and nervously brought his hands up to Ashton's chest, laying his palms flat against it.

The kiss was completely innocent, no tongue involved but it was still more than Luke had ever done before and he was over the moon about it. Ashton may have liked it, but he wasn't happy about it. He was mad he let his mind play a dangerous game, but he couldn't stop it because he so badly wanted to win.

Ashton pulled away soon after and sighed before looking at the younger boy who was staring at him with big blue eyes, happiness shining through.

"Bye Luke" Ashton said and left right after, not even waiting for Luke to say anything back.

As the door was closed, Luke let his fingertips feel his lips and he smiled foolishly. He had just experienced his first ever two kisses, and they were both from the infamous Ashton.

**

Ashton sat still in his car as he had parked up the driveway outside his home. He leaned his head back against the headrest and sighed heavily.

He wasn't ready to go back to his hell of reality. It was peaceful home at Luke's and he didn't know what the guys would say now when he's been gone for hours and now have been beaten up and have their enemy's name carved on his back.

He ran a hand through his hair and down to his face, rubbing it before locking his jaw and opening the car door, stepping out with a sigh.

He walked up to the door and as fast as he had opened the door, Chase ran out of the kitchen to see who had stepped through the door. With wide eyes he looked at the pissed off Ashton standing in the doorway, with a bruised face and slight limp.

"Thank fucking God you're alive" Chase said before walking closer to inspect Ashton's face.

"How's Michael?" Ashton asked, looking Chase straight in the eyes. Chase shrugged and pursed his lips.

"Beaten up, like you. He's sleeping now though"

"What was his injuries?" Ashton asked. He wanted to know if Michael had been carved as well.

"Nothing major. He's bruised and had a big fucking wound on his leg. It looks like they have dragged him on the pavement. Do you remember anything?" Chase asked and Ashton locked his jaw and shook his head before limping over to the living room.

"What did they do to you?" Chase asked again after he hurried after Ashton into the living room. Ashton was met with Trey lazily watching TV, but as he saw the younger boy he quickly sat up on the couch.

"Where were you?" Trey asked as he turned off the TV.

"Where's Ty?" Ashton asked, his voice dry but demanding.

"Upstairs in his room, I think. Why do you want to-"

Ashton didn't listen any further. He walked out of the living room and went upstairs, storming into Ty's bedroom. Ashton burst the door opened and watched his uncle sit by his desk, counting money.

"Where the fuck were you? Michael came back 2 hours ago and he was badly beaten and he had no idea where you were. We all thought you were fucking dead!" his uncle said as he put the money away and placed his attention on Ashton.

"Those motherfuckers fucking marked me" Ashton seethed, making his uncle frown.

"What are you talking about?" Ty asked sternly, looking at his nephew with a burning glare.

Ashton gritted his teeth before taking his shirt off and started fiddling with the badge that was placed around his waist.

"Who did this to you, the bandage and bandaids? Have you been at the hospital?" Ty asked and stood up from his seat. Ashton ignored him and took off the whole bandage before turning his back to his uncle.

"They marked me. Drake fucking carved their name into my skin!"

Ty stood quiet until he walked over to Ashton and studied the marks on his skin. He clenched his jaw shut and cursed when seeing the harm they had made to both his youngest men.

"Fucking hell!" he roared and brought one hand up to his face, rubbing it in frustration. "Michael said they drugged you, he can't remember it all together though. Was that what happened?"

"I don't fucking remember. I just woke up at their old burned down warehouse and that's it" Ashton explained before putting on his shirt again.

"They are fucking on to us and they've got the upper hand" Ty mumbled and tugged his hair in anger. He turned to Ashton and looked him in the eye with a deadly gaze. "Go wake up Michael and go down to the living room, we're having a meeting now"

Ty went back to the money and collected them before placing them in a bag again. He was moving harshly as the anger inside him was about to burst any second.

Ashton only nodded at Ty's demands and walked out of his bedroom to go over to Michael's. Ashton limped slightly and quietly walked into Michael's room, watching the boy sleeping soundly on his bed.

Ashton watching him and saw the big bruises on his best friend's face. He bit the inside of his cheek in anger before walking over to Michael and shook him lightly.

"Mike, wake up" Ashton mumbled and stepped back again when Michael started to stir.

"How are you feeling?" Ashton asked and Michael blinked, trying to focus his eyes on the older boy by his side.

"Like fucking shit" Michael said and yawned.

"Let me see your leg" Ashton said and Michael sighed before removing the cover from his body, turning his leg a bit to show Ashton the big wound covering the side of Michael's thigh down to his knee. Ashton clenched his jaw and Michael noticed it.

"It's okay though. You seem okay though. Are you?"

Ashton sighed and watched Michael's leg before turning around and lifting his shirt, showing Michael the carved in words.

"Fuck" Michael breathed out before Ashton turned around again. "They are fucking insane"

"Yeah," Ashton sighed, "Their revenge will be worse than we thought"

"Shit" Michael cursed and looked Ashton up and down. "Where'd you go by the way? I was fucking scared they had taken you for real"

Ashton shrugged and bit his lip, "I just needed to get the wounds taken care off"

"You went to the hospital?" Michael asked, confusion and chock laced in his voice.

"No" Ashton scoffed and Michael watched him for a while before smirking slightly.

"You went to Blondie's house, didn't you?"

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows at his friend before shrugging carelessly, not feeling like answering the question with words.

"What's up between you two?" Michael asked carefully to not cross any lines.

"Nothing, now don't fall asleep again, we're having a meeting down in the living room"

Michael sighed and nodded. If Ashton didn't want to talk about it he knew that he should back off. He sat up in his bed to slide out and stand up, avoiding to stand on his wounded leg.

"Mind giving me a hand?" Michael asked and Ashton only nodded before letting Michael lean on him as they both limped down to the living room. They earned all the attention as they entered the room and Ashton locked his jaw as he helped Michael sit down on the couch.

"Drake is on to us and he has started everything by marking both our youngest men" Ty sighed and looked at both Michael and Ashton.

"What do you mean by 'marking'?" LL asked, raising his eyebrows in question. Ty only looked at Ashton, making the young boy sigh and show the cuts on his back.

"Fucking assholes" Trey seethed as he watched the red marks making out that awful name.

"So, what does this mean?" Michael asked as he was leaned into the couch.

"This means fucking war"

-

my brother's been walking around with a broken foot for the past two days, good job PJ

i had to re-write this because i forgot to save it and it was a fucking hell but here we are now

vote and comment

ily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 7.5K 46
in which an indecisive boy with a forged love for soccer meets a damaged but strong-willed girl who only wants to run away ➸ completed ©dirtbagash cr...
68.5K 1.4K 45
Mia is fresh out of high school, trying to find herself and where she belongs before she is shipped off to NYU in the fall. Ashton is a drummer who...
33.8K 1.5K 31
"what a terribly tragic love story." "you don't know the full of it." || © dimple-ashton all rights reserved