The Quiet Girl

By stori99

I'm the girl from school nobody notices. I'm the one the mean girls always make fun of when one of the guys d... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Rachel's POV)
Chapter 17 (Ghost's POV)
Chapter 18 (Derrick's POV)
Chapter 19 (Jasmine POV)
Chapter 20
Chanter 21
Chapter 22
Rachel (Chapter 23)
Ghost (Chapter 25)
Jasmine (Chapter 26)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 24 (Derrick)

145 20 0
By stori99

"Adi, how are you feeling."

"Tired as hell." She mutters.

I pick up Aaliyah and take a picture, then I do the same with Arshi.

A nurse comes in and goes right to Adi with wide eyes.

"Your Majesty?" The nurse asks.

"No, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Jahi will praise the Gods." She cheers.

I shut the door. I'll be damned if I let anyone find out.

The nurse looks at me. "This is your husband? You have commitments to Jahi."

I can tell she cringed at his name.

"I had commitments which didn't apply since I ran away. I love this man more than I could ever dream of loving Jahi." Adi informs.

"Your Majesty-"

"Does not want to talk about it anymore. You found me, you found I was unhappy with Jahi and I found a man to make me happy. I was a princess and your job was to make me happy. I would be ecstatic if you kept this between us."

"Yes, your Majesty." The nurse answers then bows.

I stifle a laugh. That explains a lot. Adi always acted high maintenance her first few years here.

"Now if you have any questions about my life you may ask." Adi answers.

"Do you have any other children?" She asks.

"Yes. I have a daughter named Jasmine and a son named Malcolm."

"We have a king!" The nurse cheers.

"I am not going back to India, besides I heard my sister Dea is Queen with a son."

When and where did she hear this? I do not always like it when Adi gets her head back to India. She becomes home sick and wants nothing more than to go back and we can't.

"Yes, but the people do not like her. Many are trying to escape her husband's tyranny."

"I am truly sorry for that, but can you continue to talk me how India had changed." Adi asks.

"Of course, Your Majesty."

"Adi, is it okay if I step out?"

"Yes. I love you."

"Love you too."

I step out of the room and make a call.

"Derrick?"

"Mike, come find me."

"I'm already looking. You know how much money I can get by killing you."

I chuckle dryly. "That's probably why I got the girl."

"You can have her. I wouldn't have been up for this fucking bounty."

"Just get your ass down here and-"

"Turn you in, cool."

"You can't. You owe me remember."

He is silent for a few minutes. This fucker is slimy, but he sticks to his word. "I'll be there on a few."

I glance behind me and see a nurse heading towards me. She keeps her head down, but it's useless. I would recognize that body anywhere.

I run to her and fling her into the closet bathroom.

"You tried to fucking kill me Agnus!" I roar pinning her to the wall.

She knees me to get out of my grip. "You should have realized that I am the one for you. Damn it! We've been doing this for years now, Derrick, and I was never going to kill you."

"Agnus. Go back and delete the bounty. I don't need this right now."

"Right! Because of your new twins!" She punches.

I duck and grab her arms and put them behind her back.

"Fuck Derrick! I wanted children and if you hadn't forced me to get that abortion we wouldn't be here right now!"

"Agnus, even if you hadn't, I'd still be with Adi. I love her."

"So what the fuck was I?" She demands ripping away from me. "I am not side chick material! Do you know how many men beg for me, but I saved myself for you!"

It's true. She is curvy in all the right places. She might even have a better body than Adi. She's sexy enough to make a gay man look twice. One thing for sure Agnus is not ugly like her name. She is a fox and isn't afraid to try some kinky shit.

"Agnus, go to them! You deserve someone better than me."

"No! I saw you first and when she's out of the fucking way, back in India we'll be together again. We'll have a child. We will do everything." She demands.

I cuss at myself for not having any weapons. When is that bastard getting here?

I push her into the wall. She stands and looks at me.

"Step the fuck away. I don't want to hurt you."

"I can't do that."

She comes with a punch and I duck and knee her stomach. I grab her long hair and drag her to the sink and tie a knot in it.

"Derrick you bastard! I didn't want to have to do this, but I'm calling back up!"

I pull out my phone again.

"Hello." Jasmine greets.

"Get your ass here and bring the car. Angus found us!"

"Shit!"

I hang up and go in the room with Adi. She frowns at my disheveled appearance. The nurse is still here talking.

"Get me a sign out sheet and hella medicine for Adi!" I demand.

"But she-"

"Now!" I roar.

She leaves quickly and I help Adi in her clothes.

"Derrick?"

"Agnus. We fought. She wants to send you back. I called Jasmine, let's go."

"I can't feel my legs." She informs.

How could I have forgotten that? It happens after all her pregnancies. I wrap the babies up in their blankets. Adi takes them and I pick her up.

I head for the door, but a car busts through the wall where Adi's bed was. I give Jasmine a grateful smile. I set Adi in the back with the babies and get in the passenger's side.

Jasmine backs out and drives like hell.

I call Mike. "Meet me at the house."

"Alright, headed there now."

I hung up.

"Who was that?"Adi asks.

"Mike."

She groans as Jasmine does a wild turn.

"Ghost and Malcolm are at home?"

"Yes they're getting the house ready for an invasion."

"Smart." I answer nodding my head.

"It was Ghost's idea."

"Focus on the road, Jasmine." I instruct, rolling my eyes. He's still not good enough for my daughter.

She laughs a little and swiftly dodges a dumb ass person walking in the middle of the street like he had the damn light. Well at didn't either, but neither did he.

We arrive home and I rush Adi, the twins, and Malcolm in our room.

I put a gun next to her and put the shoes on her feet.

"Love, stay in the room-"

"I fucking know. Go."

I grab a few guns and run out of the room.

I go to the garage and change my licence plate. I go back inside and see Ghost and Jasmine ready for anything.

I study them for a moment. I will never say he's good enough for her, because no one will ever be good enough for her in my eyes, but I trust that she picked a good one. If he's good to her I'll settle.

I nod at him and he returns it.

"What happened? Details please?"

Before I can answer the door is kicked in. We aim our guns.

"Don't shoot, brother!" Mike demands.

I roll my eyes at his old name for me. Mike looks different since the last time I've seen him. He lost a couple more fingers and a leg.

"You still fucking over the wrong people?" I smirk.

He doesn't pay me any attention. His eyes are stuck on Jasmine. He walks over to her, but Ghost and I block his way.

"Can I just talk to my beautiful woman's beautiful daughter."

I hate how he calls Adi his. My body tightens and my fists clench. I feel Jasmine place a hand on my shoulder. Usually, she can calm me down with that, but she doesn't know what I had to go to get Adi and what this fucker almost did. I thought I was over it, but seeing him here only causes bad feelings.

"Mike." I greet coldly.

"Hard feelings still?"

"Not really. Haven't thought about you in about ten years."

"Then where's Adi?"

"Breast feeding my twin girls."

"You know, Derrick, I would have never taken you for a father type."

"I wasn't when we were friends, but now I wouldn't trade it for the world."

"Not how I remember it."

"I called you here for a job, not to reminisce on our brief friendship." I tell him taking a step forward.

"Our childhood wasn't brief, brother." He reminds.

"Do you want the job or not?"

"What is it?" He asks.

"You could never walk away from a job." I smirk.

"What is it before I walk away right now."

I right the hospital's address. "Go here and stop Agnus."

He takes the paper. "What's to stop me from turning you in?"

"Adi. They find her she's going back to India and our twins will never know me. I know you have a special spot for fatherless children."

He sneers at me. "I want-"

"$75,000,000 in cash is waiting for you when the job is finished."

"So everyone dead?"

I take in a deep breath. I don't want Agnus dead, but she won't stop. She'll never stop.

"Yes, all dead." I answer.

He takes in a sharp breath. "I'll do it."

"Once you have done this, come back here and get your money." I instruct.

He nods and heads to the door.

"Mike, you owe me remember and I swear if you cross me over I'll take more than a couple limbs."

"Understood." He answers, heading out.

I turn and meet Jasmine's hard eyes. She only gets like this when she wants to discuss business.

"Are you sure you want Agnus dead?"

"If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have sent him."

She nods and I can see she doesn't want bloodshed. She doesn't want to hurt the people she grew up with. She conflicted. She's so young she still thinks she can be a hero. Sometimes it's not worth it or people can't always be saved.

"Go check on your girls. I'll make sure if something happens it won't get to you." Ghost informs.

I nod at him and run upstairs.

"Adi, it's me I'm coming in." I announce.

I open the door and see Malcolm pointing the gun at me. He sets it on the bed and takes a relaxed breath.

I go and take Aaliyah. I quickly change her.

"What happened?"

"I called Mike. He showed up and I gave him a job."

"You told him to kill them?"

"Of course."

She doesn't push. It was a hard call, but my family is worth it.

"A few more years and we'll take down the agency and we won't have to hide anymore."

She nods. "We'll move to the South and get farm land. We'll have a dog-"

"Malcolm and the girls will have a big back yard to play in."

"A nice place to grow old in."

"When all our kids are grown I'll take you anywhere in the world." I tell her.

She pecks my lips.

"Ewwww!" Malcolm exclaims.

Adi and I laugh at his innocence. She kisses his head.

"How are your legs?"

"I can feel my left leg, but my right leg is still out."

"Are you hungry? What can I get you?"

"I am dad. I'm really hungry." Malcolm informs.

"Okay, I'll grab us something in a little bit."

"Derrick, I want to go to sleep."

My phone rings. I pick it up.

"I did it, turn on the news and see." Mike answers.

"Malcolm, turn my TV on." I instruct, keeping the phone to my ear.

He does and I quickly turn to the news.

"Christ Hospital has been blown to pieces. There are no found survivors. Moments after the bombing, shots were fired, killing seven people in cars that hit about twenty bystanders. We think a man named Mike Norris was behind it. Authorities have not found this man. He is still out there and it's armed and dangerous." An anchor man informs.

"You killing innocent people?!" I snarl.

"Would you rather Angus be alive?"

I remain silent and clench my jaw.

"I'm at the front door." He informs.

I grab the money and hand it to Malcolm.

"Give it to Mike then say thank you for your services." I instruct.

I want Malcolm to grow up a little bit more. He nods and walks out the door.

Adi throws a pillow at me.

"Is there a problem?" I ask.

"You sent our son down there with a killer."

"Adi, aren't we all killers?" I ask.

"He's just a boy."

"He's our boy, meaning he was wanted since the day he was born. We can't make him soft." I tell her.

She sighs.

"You can go to bed now. Everything is fine."

"Put the girls in the crib and come to bed with me."

I put the girls up and climb into bed with my wife.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

I hate you ! By Kav.

Teen Fiction

29.4K 983 31
Today is my first day of a new school , I'm so happy that I didn't think anything could go wrong......but it did because life's a bitch . I was walki...
695K 19.4K 90
Let say that you are Tadaomi Karasuma daughter. No, you're not related but he took you in when you were 10, ever since then he has been a second fath...
219K 5.1K 25
Sam is the daughter of the most wanted and most dangerous gang leader. She's soon to be the gang leader of the the black nights. She takes pride in t...
1.2K 270 46
New town. New identity. Same crazy. I love it!!! (insert enthusiastic voice ) (cough, cough) Not!! I hate it. I hate having to to hide who I am. Bu...