My cliché life as Renesmee's...

Autorstwa VitaFortuna

I never knew that the isekai truck is real. Of course legends are writen about it. Being hit by that famous... Więcej

From The Truck Into The Womb
Every Beginning Hard.
So many people and just two baby
In Three Days She Rises
Jacob Jacob Why Are You Jacob?
Here Comes Charlie
Crawling On My Knees
Divert the river
Sweet Things Must Be Protected
The Little Sister Sindrome
The Mandatory Visit
Peaceful Waters
Some Lose Ends
The Nightmare Before Christmass
It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
Move Forward For The Solution
Where Everything Began
Story Time
We Always End Up Somewhere
The Amazons
Until They Return
From Now On Everyone Can Chill
Because She Had To Know
Do We Have To Go Home?
I Don't Feel Like A Guest
Then Run For It
So It Happened...
Something Tense In The Air
In The Garden
It Comes Together
Partly United
Weeks Of Silence
Let's Begin
Judgment
Is This A Happy End?
A/N

Hear My Case

4.9K 350 23
Autorstwa VitaFortuna

I was waiting in a dimly lit office that had stinked in gasoline. Afton currently was in the process of renting a car in the middle of the night. It was a pretty challenging task but as I learned, with the right connections nothing is impossible.

My stomach growled uncomfortably. I didn't eat for days now, and my body couldn't decide that it was hungry or thirsty, both or neither of them. I could have thrown up only I didn't have anything inside of me. I felt sick. And tired. But somehow restless. 

“And before you leave the country you only need to call us and we will take the car back.” The officer explained blandly. 

When he got a call in the middle of the night he was quite rude but after we put the right amount on the table the rules are simply bent to our will. Isn't corruption a wonderful thing? Afton signed some papers and got the keys in hand.

He took a simple black car. Maybe a Renault, but what kind it was I didn't know. I was never good at naming and recognising vehicles.

 I was seated into the child seat and to my surprise Afton managed the seatbelts with parent-like proficiency. So he did learn some skills by spying on us.

“Would we find something to eat?” He looked into my eyes. He was taking in my state in. Shoot, I really looked awful.

“Yes please.” I told weakly.

“What would you like?” He then asked. 

He knew that I could go with anything but he asked anyway. I swallowed and I felt that crispy, dry burning in my throat that started a few hours ago. Nope. I won’t be able to get anything solid down.

“Something blood-like?” I was unsure. 

God save me from human hunting. One bad experience and I became overly paranoid. He smiled at me and nodded. He knew where he would get me dinner. He took his place behind the wheel and aimed the closest hospital.

“I will be back in a moment.” He turned back to me after he parked in front of a small clinic. I nodded and he disappeared in a flash.

The night was almost over. Faintly I could see the horizon getting greyer as the infinite darkness lost its edge against the rising sun. Time seemed to rush through me. Not so long ago I was with my family refusing to pack and go home, and now I didn't wish for anything but to be at that gloomy town called Forks. 

Wasn't I ungrateful? How many people get the chance to be reborn? Taking away the fact that this is a fictional world with vampires and mass murder, Wasn't I lucky? The fact that Edward and Bella are decent parents. I never had to worry about money, our clothes, or food. They were presented to me with a golden spoon. 

Was I ever thankful? Wasn't I just complaining about their overprotectiveness or their obsession with each other?  I surely was full of myself thinking I knew everything better since I read the books that this world was built on. 

I touched my wrists to play with my bracelets. I now realized one of the pair was missing. I must have lost it when I was chased. At this point I would have cried, if my body hadn't dried out. I loved these jewelry. I got them for my first Christmas. From who the family didn't speak of. They were pretty, and I wore them for so long. They grew on me. And now one of them is lost. I sighed as I looked outside of the window again.I had to admit, Fate really has a way to teach respect and humility.

The door opened next to me and Afton appeared. In his hand was a cooling bag. In it, I suppose, a few pouches of donated blood. He simply concealed his presence, went in, grabbed a bag and came out. Pro move if you ask me. He quickly put the loot next to me on the seat and took out a pouch. He ripped it open for me.

The alluring scent filled the car. I hummed in delight and carefully took the offer from him. I drank it swiftly. It was heavenly. I felt as the warmth came back into me. My heart beated stronger and my cheeks become rosy again. Afton relaxed and handed me a second pouch when I finished up the first one. Now he doesn't have to worry about my sickness.

He took a pouch for himself too and sat back behind the wheel. We drove into the dawn with our goal before us. Volterra.

—--------------------

Our plane landed in the early afternoon. As I expected from Italy, the sun was hot and bright. The people wore their summer outfit despite the fact that it was still spring. I suppose the vacation season comes early in Florence.

To avoid any sparkly exposure Afton dressed into a black suit with black tie, a black hat and fancy sunglasses. No shame, he looked good in them, but with his pale skin he couldn't deny that he was a vampire. Or an agent from the Man in black. Some heads turned after us while we exited the airpot thinking ‘this guy has good taste’ but no one really thought about any supernatural option. People just don't have enough fantasy here. We took a taxi to reach our destination. 

“Is this it?” I asked Afton quietly when I saw a small town appearing on the horizon.

“Yes. It is Volterra.” He agreed. 

I observed it more. Now that I think about it, I saw this town before. I followed Alice’s visions when Bella came to show off her vampirism. Volterra looked the same as back then. 

A tall stone wall surrounded the ancient city. Our car rolled under its main gate to reveal the medieval center. It had lovely stone streets and red potted roofs. The balconies were full of geraniums and other flowers. I realized again, if I didn't know that vampires live in the basements it would be a lovely place.

The taxi stopped at the main square right under the clocktower where almost two years ago Edward wanted to kill himself. Afton gave a heavy tip to the driver and took me into his arms. 

“Let’s go.” He told me.

I gripped his suit tighter. I didn't want to be here. Especially not alone. We took a few steps and entered a huge two winged door. The hall was brightly lit with a rich red carpet. Afton carried me over effortlessly. We passed some couches and turned into a corridor. At the end was a reception desk.

“Good afternoon.” A human lady welcomed us. Her name tag said Genevive.

Afton only nodded as a greeting and passed her. Behind the desk a smaller door opened and we were again in a lobby-like common room. There were decorated furnitures that no one used and beautiful paintings on the walls about various landscapes.

Although my attention wasn't on these pictures but the company that was in this room. I figured this could be the waiting room before the main throne room, because few vampires spent their time here talking. I could easily take apart the guards from the guests as the guards wore their iconic gray coats in various shades. Some of them looked interested when they noticed our arrival.

“Afton! You’re back” A gorgeous woman stepped to us in a gray coat. Her hair was in wavy reddish curls. She was extremely beautiful. Like Rosalie. Also I think Rosalie wins this one. 

“Heidi. Welcome.” Afton greeted her. So she is Heidi, the bait.

“Did you bring a snack?” A big muscular vampire came joking. 

He wore a lighter shade of gray than Heidi. I recognised from Edward’s memories and Alice’s vision that he is Felix. I frowned at his remark. I saw why my dad wanted to punch him so many times. His whole behavior begs for it. Even if he didn't mean it.

“We came to request a trial and stand as a witness.” Afton chose to not be offended.

“To the kid?” Felix asked back.

“Yes. I was asked.” Afton agreed. 

Heidi looked me over. I clearly seemed to be human. Only that my scent was a bit off and my heart pounded faster, but she took it as a sign of fear and not to my natural beat. I traveled through the room with my eyes. Everyone went silent at the mention of the trial. It appears we will have some audience. Just great.

“Then let's get inside and show this sugarcube to the masters.” Felix attempted to pick into my cheeks.

I didn't have the patience for his suggestive pranks so I leaned away from his touch and growled at him warningly. He quickly pulled his hand back, surprised.

“What the…” He stared at Afton, like what the hell did you bring here?

“Are the masters free?” Afton couldn't be distracted.

“Yes. The meal was just over.” Heidi answered while keeping her gaze on me.

With that Afton walked to the door that led straight to the masters. I tried not to notice the small crowd that decided to follow us inside. Curiosity is a great annoyance of vampires, I noted.

Inside was that famous round hall, with the masters throne. All three of them were seated in their assigned seats. The one of the left who was zoning out I recognised as Marcus. On the right was Caius who was talking heatedly with a lesser guard. I didn't know what he messed up but judging the tone of Master Caius’s yelling I wouldn't be in that guard’s place.

The one who took notice of our arrival was of course the one who occupied the middle throne. His raven hair leasurry rested on his shoulders. It almost was the same shade as his rope. Our eyes met and like he was possessed, stood and fluently walked straight to us.

“My goodness how much you have grown…!” He sighed like a grandfather or a proud uncle who just saw his niece after a long period of time.

The crowd who followed us inside respectfully stood by the wall. Only Heidi and Felix stayed in close proximity. As many pairs of eyes were in this room, all of them were glued to us. Even Caius stopped torturing that poor soul and checked what Aro's new amusement was.

“Look at you. You get prettier every day. ” He got close enough to touch my tiny hand.

His hold was colder than Afton’s or my parents’. Probably due to his age. And yes his skin was less marble like than a young vampire’s but it didn't feel frailer like Bella thought in the books. It was as strong as it needed to be.

“What is the meaning of this?!” Sounded Caius’s disgusted question.

“My, my. I was ignorant again.” Aro told with sweet innocence. “My dear, can you introduce yourself?” He asked me. 

Not like he didn't know my name already. The fact that he couldn't read my mind gave away which twin I am. I needed to introduce myself to the society so to speak. I took a breath to steel my nerves before I spoke.

“I am Carlie Elizabeth Cullen.” My voice came out thin but stable.

Multiple gasps were heard by the mention of the name Cullen. Caius’s eyes burned into me. 

“What do you have to do with the Cullens?” He nailed the question.

I was upset immediately. Like dude! You talk to a toddler sized child like this?! Interestingly I got calmer by his blunt rudeness and looked straight into his eyes.

“I am Edward and Isabella Cullen’s second daughter.” I told him. I even lifted up my chin a bit proudly like Edward would. I now understood why he provokes so much. It brings out the true colors of the people. 

“A human! Are you out of your mind!” Caius aimed his words for Aro who even let me speak in the first place. 

“Oh, no no no. Carlie dear isn't human. Not fully.” Aro clasped his hands together in a peacemaking manner.

“Are you seeing me as a fool? I hear her heart from over here!” Caius now fully turned to Aro to burn him with his stare.

“As dear Carlie said. She is Young Edward’s and Bella’s daughter. She was born when Bella was still human. She and her twin sister are half mortal and half immortal. Not fully human as not fully vampire eather.” Aro explained patiently.

Gossipping whispers filled the air immediately. Is this a thing? Master Aro never lies. But how does something like this exist? Caius was digesting the information slowly as well.

“How could they… when?... It can't be tge case.” He murmured to himself then all of the sudden he turned back to me.

“How old are you?!”

“We will be one in September.” I answered easily.

His eyes rounded in shock. I wasn't even a year old? Was he made a fool of? He faced Aro again blamingly.

“Since hybrids are unique they develop differently. They are vampires but nothing like immortal children we know. They mature at a heightened rate. At a week old Carlie dear was speaking and at three months old they were running.” Aro holded a smaller lecture to his audience. He enjoyed the reflector that was given to him.

Caius? Not so much. He was furious. Not necessary to my family. He knew that my parents were hiding something the moment Bella showed up alone. That is why he suggested sending someone after my mother. He was angry because when Afton came back for the first time Aro blatantly lied into his face telling the guard didn't find anything worthy of mentioning. 

Like the fuck he didn't! And now Aro was basking in the privilege of knowing something first. Again! Caius drummed with his fingers threateningly. The ones who were close to him took a step farther from him.

“So how come that she is here?” Caius cut Aro's monologue off.

Aro quickly realized that he was enthralled. “Yes. How come that you brought her?” He questioned Afton

It was time for him to explain my family's research in the Amazon. He went on details about our unlucky visit to the village. How were we chased out by the locals, which of course is a clear case of exposure. My tragic kidnapping by the suspected clan who caused the exposure. And my family’s request for a trial. It seemed we found receptive ears as the whole coven took in my story as one.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

83.6K 2K 31
This story is the new version of my Edward's Melody Fanfic. This story was my first twilight fanfic, and it had lots of grammar mistakes, and it was...
70.3K 1.7K 55
You were that fire. It was always you. You showed me the way. You showed me the better path and lit the way. But like a candle... it doesn't burn for...
5.8K 242 11
Scourge (skurj) → n. One who inflects punishment vengefully Life was like a thing of dominos; one wrong move and the carefully constructed design...
117K 3.3K 30
Emeline Rivera has done the same things since practically the moment she was born. Wake up, go to school, hang out with her friends, spend time with...