Challenging The Fate

By Taekookiebliss

The story revolves around a young boy called JEON JUNGKOOK, who was abandoned by his parents but found solace... More

CHALLENGING THE FATE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 2

319 27 16
By Taekookiebliss

.............

'Keeping a lot to myself, because it is hard to find someone who understands.'

.............

October 2

As the clock struck midnight, and the house had fallen into darkness. Soft footsteps clicked along the corridor as 16 Year-old Jungkook tiptoed into his grandmother's room, carrying a little birthday cake. With a bunny grin, he softly opened the door.

Grandma awoke, her eyes slowly adapting to the dark lighting. "What's going on baby?"

( Credits to the rightful owner.)

"Happy birthday, Mahi maa~~!" Jungkook muttered as she placed the cake on her bedside table. The candles flickered, creating a pleasant light. "I wanted to surprise you at midnight and see I baked your favourite chocolate cake."

Grandma's eyes welled up with tears as she noticed the cutest cake her made for her. "Oh, sweetheart, you didn't have to....aishh why do you always make this oldie emotional."

Jungkook reacted with his eyes, "Oh, Mahi maa, you're not old. You're just experienced, like a fine wine."

Granny folded her arms and lifted one eyebrow. "Nice wine, huh?" "It's more like a collection of old wines."

Jungkook smiled and said, "You are a unique and gaining value like an old wine at least."

She sighed heavily and said, "Oh, kookie, please go easy on me; I might need a cane soon to keep up with everything."

He laughed and said, 'Age is just a number maa.'"

She grinned and said, "It's a big, obvious amount, dear." But I'll take it gracefully, like a true oldie.

The grandma and grandson's conversation went on, creating a happy moment that showed how much they care for each other.

After cutting and feeding her baby the biggest piece of cake Grandma tucked him into bed, gently fixing the covers over him with love. She whispered, "Have sweet dreams, my dear. Sleep well, and don't forget, I love you so much!"

The soft light from the bedside lamp gave the room a cozy feeling as it filled with a peaceful quietness. Grandma was sitting on the bed, gently running her fingers through his hair. "You've been looking tired whole day, babe. Is there anything bothering you?" she asked, looking at him with concern in her eyes.

He kinda paused for a sec and then said, 'School's been tough lately, and I've got a maths test next week and you know na how much I hate maths.'"

Grandma laughed gently and said, 'Don't worry about the tests, honey. Just give it your all and remember, I've got faith in you. Now, shut your eyes and let the night take away all your troubles.'"

As the room got quiet, Grandma started humming a lullaby, a tune that has been soothing people for generations. The soothing beat surrounded them like a warm hug. Little by little, the little boy's eyes started getting heavy, and a soothing calmness came over him.

"Night sweetie. Tomorrow's a new day with lots of good stuff waiting for you. I'll be here when you wake up." Grandma gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead.
Once she made sure her baby was sleeping peacefully, she also fell asleep.

......

In the warm kitchen, Jeon Mahi and her baby Koo cooked a special birthday meal together, filling the air with the smell of spices and love. The counter was filled with bowls of flour, sugar, salt and different ingredients, making it look like a cheerful cooking scene.

Grandma had on a bright apron and her grandson was rocking a little one just like it. They exchanged playful smiles as they made different dishes and the sound of utensils clinking filled the kitchen.

( Credits to the rightful owner.)

"Hey, just so you know, a little love in the recipe can really take it up a notch," Grandma said with a wink as she gave him a wooden spoon.

He grinned and said enthusiastically, "I got it, maa! This Japchae is gonna be awesome!"

Granny passed on her recipes and cooking tips to the boy and he skillfully chopped up the veggies as his grandma watched, making a bunch of colorful ingredients for a tasty stew.

( Credits to the rightful owner.)

After the food was done, they carefully set the table.As they sat down to eat, Grandma and her grandson really enjoyed the yummy food. They were all cracking up in the room, swapping stories and making great memories around the table.

"Happy birthday! Once again maa" He said, giving her a card he made himself.

Feeling emotional, she gave him a big hug and said, 'Thanks, babe. This day is extra special because of you and the effort we put into making this meal with love.'"

The birthday cake came out, and they sang together, with the candles flickering and casting shadows that danced around the room. As they took each bite, they were filled with happiness and satisfaction, making their birthday celebration a love-filled, laughter-filled, and flavorful experience from their shared cooking.

Just like this both of them spent the whole day together playing chess , watching cartoons, singing songs etc. After cleaning up the mess they decided to sleep.

Looking at her baby koo, Jeon Mahi couldn't help but think about what the future holds for him. She found herself wondering how he would live without her. She had faith that the love, teachings, and encouragement she had provided for him would serve as a solid basis for his upcoming journey. In her straightforward thoughts, she hoped that he would have the strength and resilience to get through life, even when she would not be there with him.

With a deep breath, she whispered to the sleeping baby, "You are my world, and even when I'm no longer here, know that you carry a part of me within you. Life is a journey, my baby, and you're stronger than you think."

Just as she was getting ready to leave the room, the boy moved in his sleep and, without opening his eyes, asked his maa to sleep next to him.

( Credits to the rightful owner.)

"Koo, I can't sleep with the AC on and it's too hot today for you to sleep without it."

"But I really don't want to sleep alone tonight. I want you to be here with me, pretty please."

And who can say no to her baby's puppy eyes? So, she ended up sleeping next to her Koo.

The pair slept without a clue about what the next morning had in store for them.

........

Heyyy!!!
Pls tell me how was the chapter and also if I need to change something..

Thanku.💚💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 148 6
Kim Taehyung is the future head of the Kim family. He is rude, arrogant, smart, calculative, intelligent and possessive. He is famous by the name of...
6K 239 18
Kim Taehyung, the youngest yet the richest CEO and the most eligible bachelor of South Korea, in relation with Lee Ari. Has two brothers and is the y...
11.5K 698 13
Jeon Jungkook a cute innocent boy had a one night stand with an arrogant and cold boy named Kim Taehyung miracle happening to Jungkook's life leadin...
25.3K 930 17
full of love & short story <3 Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung are in a happy, loving relationship when suddenly jungkook gets into a terrible car acci...