A Girl Can Dream (Dreams Seri...

By fhsgctcusbf

Since they were kids Everly and Ryot have been best friends, but as they got older Everly fell in love with h... More

Disclaimer
Cast list
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 6

1.6K 33 4
By fhsgctcusbf

Semi edited.

~~~Everly's pov~~~

Ryot smiles when he sees me. "Hey roomie" He said.

Roomie? How does he know?

I stand up from the ground. "What do you mean roomie?"

He shuts the door behind him and looks at me with furrowed brows. "What do you mean? Av told me you were fine with living with me" He said.

I'm seriously going to kill Everly.

"Nope. She actually didn't tell me who my roommate would be, just a friend of hers who had a cat."

He snorted. "Yeah sounds like Ev" He said.

Shit... How is this going to work because I'm fine with working with him everyday, but living with him is something totally different except I don't think I have a choice.

I take out my phone. "Why don't we call my sister."

"Ok" He said.

I walk over to him and hit call, she answers within a few rings. "Hey... If it isn't my 2 favorite people" She said trying to look innocent.

I rolled my eyes. "Hello dear sister of mine, you have some explaining to do."

She nibbled on her lip looking guilty. "Ok, but I'm not going to apologize. You guys haven't talked in years and it's time that stops so I figured this would be one way to do it" She said.

Forced proximity... Her and her romance novels.

Ryot and I look at each other and our eye soften.

Even though she didn't go about it the right way she does have a point, it was time.

We turn back to the phone. "I understand your idea, but couldn't you have let us do that at work? You do remember we work together, right?"

"Yes, but this is way better, and you needed a place to stay" She said.

"Maybe you should've let me know that your sister didn't know we were going to be roommates" He said.

"Yeah, but would you have agreed to let her stay otherwise?" She asked.

That shut him up real quick.

"I know I probably didn't go about this the right way, but you'll thank me" She winked making us both roll our eyes.

A loud meow interrupts us. "I better go before Leo decides to take a bite out of one of us" Ry said walking to the refrigerator and grabbing a can of cat food.

I watch as he opens the can and puts it in the cats bowl, then gives him a kiss on the head and goes to rinse the can out.

He's a hot cat dad.

"Psst" Avery said.

I turn my head back to my sister. "What?"

She smirked. "You'll thank me later" She said.

I look over at Ryot washing some dishes and can't help but check out his ass.

Yeah, she's right.

I roll my eyes, but smile at her. "Yeah yeah. Alright I have to go so I'll talk to you later, but please no more meddling."

She grinned. "Ok. Have funnn" She winked and ended the call.

I slip my phone in my back pocket just as Ryot finishes the dishes.

We look at each other for a few minutes, the awkward tension permeating in the air.

At the same time we both start laughing from how awkward it is.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "So... Do you need any help with your stuff?" He asked.

"Yeah, I have a few boxes."

He pushed off the counter. "Ok, let's go" He said.

He grabs his keys and we walk down to my car to get my stuff.

He picks up a box and I can't help but watch the material of his t shirt sleeves stretch against his biceps when he flexes them.

Damn.

I grab a box and follow behind him, also getting to have a great view of his toned ass.

We walk back into the apartment and he walks in the direction of the bedrooms, opening the first door.

We step into a decent sized bedroom with a full queen size bed against the wall.

There's a small closet next to the bed and a tv in front of the bed.

Ryot puts the boxes down by the tv stand and puts his hands in his pockets. "I hope this is ok" He said rocking back on his feet.

I set my box down next to the ones he brought in. "This is perfect Ryot, way more than I could've asked for."

He smiled. "Good. I just recently switched out the old one mattress for the new memory foam one so you'll be comfortable" He said.

I've never been more happy to go to sleep.

"That's perfect, thank you."

He nodded. "You're welcome. I want you to be comfortable because you live here too so it doesn't feel like it's just my apartment" He said.

"I really appreciate that Ryot... Thank you."

"No problem. Why don't we get the rest of your things and then I can give you a full tour of the place" He said.

"Sounds good to me."

We go back down to get more boxes, only having to take 2 more trips and then we're finally done.

He puts the last box down. "Ok, let me show you around" He walked out of my bedroom.

We walked down to the next door and stopped before opening it. "Ok, so here's the bathroom. Unfortunately there is only one bathroom, but it's pretty big so I made room for your stuff in the cabinet" He walked into the bathroom to show me what he meant.

The bathroom looks like it's made for a master bathroom because of the size.

It has a huge shower with a bench in it and more than enough counter space.

We walk out of the bathroom and go to the next door. "Here is my bedroom" He opens the door and his bedroom is set up very similar to mine.

It's feels kinda weird to be in his bedroom, which is strange because we practically lived in each other's bedrooms when we were best friends.

It probably feels weird now because we haven't spoken for many years and it's almost like we're strangers in a way.

We walk out of his bedroom and walk down the hall to go into the living room and walk to a door off to the side of the wall.

He grins. "This is my favorite part about the apartment" He said opening the door that leads to the outside.

We step outside and make our way up a staircase and when we get to the top of the staircase it opens up to a patio area with some cushioned chairs and couches, shaded with a big umbrella and right next to it is a huge hot tub all surrounded by tall green hedges.

I gasp. "You have a hot tub!"

He grinned. "Yes I do. It's helped me so many times when I'm sore or just wanna unwind and relax, and with the hedges no one can see us so you don't have to worry about privacy" He said.

"Wow that's great."

"Yeah, I figured it was best since I usually walk around naked so I didn't want to have to worry about some paps getting a picture of the goods" He winked.

I swallow hard at the thought of him walking around naked.

He chuckles. "Don't worry though... I won't walk around naked when you're home" He said.

What would he do if I said I didn't mind?

I clear my throat and try to calm myself down with all the images that are going through my head. "So do you have any house rules or anything?"

He takes a seat on one of the patio chairs and gestures for me to take a seat as well.

"I don't have anything too crazy besides just clean up after yourself, keep our shared living spaces clean, and if I'm not around and it's his feeding time, please feed Leo" He said.

That's simple enough.

"Ok, I have no problem with that."

"Ok good. Do you have any rules you want to implement that I haven't already said?" He asked.

I don't have any ideas for house rules besides cleaning up after yourself.

Maybe I should make it a rule that clothing is optional for him when I'm home.

"I don't have any besides the clean up after yourself rule, but I do have a question."

He furrowed his eye brows. "What's that?" He asked.

"What do we do about meals?"

"Usually I meal prep and have at least a few days to maybe a weeks worth of food all depending on how much I make, but I do get take out and go out to eat with the guys" He said.

My eyes widen in disbelief. "What you cook now?"

He rolls his eyes. "Yes, I cook now" He said.

"I'm honestly surprised, I mean you fucked up ramen noodles."

He threw his hands in the air. "Oh come on, I was 14!" He exaggerated making me laugh.

When we were younger Ryot couldn't cook to save his life, the most he could do was make a bowl of cereal so I would always make the food.

"Don't lie... What about the time you and Avery were studying and you burned the pizza rolls? That was when we were in our senior year of highschool so you can't blame it on age" I point out.

He scowled. "Shut up, at least I can cook now" He said.

"Thank god for that."

He rolls his eyes but smiles. "I missed this Ev" He said softly.

I swallow. "What?"

"Us going back and forth. I love your sister, but she would never tell me like it was, but with you we would always go back and forth like cat and dogs as my mom would always say" He said.

He's right, when we were younger we'd always go back and forth.

I told him like it was because we're both not ones to bullshit and we believe it's better to tell it like it is, well maybe not tell each other everything.

Sometimes we'd debate about things for hours trying to get our points across to each other.

His mom always said we sounded like an old married couple and I couldn't help but wish that would come true.

I laughed. "Yeah she did always say that."

"Yeah, well why don't we go back inside. I'm sure you wanna go unpack" He stood up and I followed.

"Yeah I do wanna unpack, and I Ry?"

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I'm happy to be here with you too."

His eyes soften and he smiles. "Me too Evie, me too" He said.

We go back inside and I start unpacking my things.

Ryot brings in a plate of pizza for me since he knows that once I start doing something I won't stop until I finish.

By the time I'm done unpacking and organizing everything it's around 11.

There's a knock at my door and then Ryot pops his head in. "Hey I'm heading to bed. Have a good night" He said.

I smile. "Thanks Ry, have a good night."

He sends me a smile and leaves to go to his room.

I know we still have some awkward tension and I'm hoping we squash that soon because if I'm going to live with him I don't want it to be awkward.

We'll figure it out soon.
_________________________________________

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Gotta love a meddling sibling.

Anyone else kinda jealous of the apartment?

What do you think will happen next now that they're roommates?

Feel free to comment, see you in the next update!👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 29.9K 32
Alley is 24, she is a world class surgeon. She has worked her butt off to get to where she is. One day her assistant lets her know that she has a...
122K 2.3K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
681K 26.2K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...
82K 1.4K 61
Colby was just a normal guy living in a house with a bunch of his roommates. His friends. But when his childhood friend comes back. What happens? Yo...