Top Gun: Maverick | Miles Tel...

By fresh_avacado

Lieutenant Lina Cruise, callsign Maverick. Daughter of the fearless actor Tom Cruises ended up just as advent... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96

78

269 8 1
By fresh_avacado

linateller: The Royal Premiere in London❤️
tagged: milesteller, topgunmaverick

210.7K likes

user1: they look like royalties🤩😍

user2: omg😱😍

user3; did they meet the British royal family???
|
user4: I know Kate Middleton and Prince William was there

suricruise: 😍😍😍

user5: so stunning 😍

monicabarbaro: 🥵🥵😱🙏🏻

user6: wow, they really know how to dress up

user7: why does she wear a skin coloured dress, it doesn't look good on anyone 🙄

user8: 😍

milesteller: my beautiful wife ❤️

___________________________________

LINA'S POV

I took a deep breath. Holy shit. I looked myself in the mirror and I could see the panic in my eyes. What was I supposed to do now? I walked out of the hotel bathroom and saw Miles talking on the phone with his parents. We had a few hours left here in London before our flight to South Korea. And we intended to make the most of it, it wasn't every day you were in England. But this changed it all. It changed everything. He looked over at me and smiled softly. He had no idea what was going on. No fucking clue. He said goodbye to his parents and then hung up, he walked over to me with a small smile on his face and kissed my cheek.

"My parents says hi." He said and I smiled softly.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm good." I said with a reassuring smile.

"Monica and Glen wanted to check out Camden Market, you want to join?" He asked and I nodded.

"Sure." I said and he furrowed his brows.

"You sure you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Afghanistan isn't getting to you, isn't it?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, definitely not. I'm okay, I promise." I said and kissed him softly.

"You sure?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I said.

"Okay." He said with a soft smile and I grabbed my purse and we headed down to the lobby where the rest of the gang were. We headed out and towards the market. I felt like I was breathing with a brick on my chest, my mind spinning like a crashing jet. We walked into the market and Miles intertwined our fingers as we started walking around, checking out some stands and tried some food.

"Wow, this was amazing." Lewis said as we were trying out some sliders and I smiled softly.

"I've never seen you so quiet before, Maverick." Glen said with a chuckle.

"You sure you are feeling okay? Is it jet lag?" Miles whispered.

"I'm fine, I promise." I said. We looked at a few more stands and bought some souvenirs.

"Omg can we have a picture?!" A few teenage girls asked making my friends smile. And of course they were getting a picture. They all lined up and I grabbed the phone and snapped some pictures for them. And more and more kids came up and wanted an autograph and a picture which they happily gave them. They chatted for a little bit, it wasn't every day they got stopped like this and I could see how much they enjoyed it. They said goodbye after a while and we kept on checking out the market.

"I don't know bout you guys, but I need a beer." Glen said with a smile.

"A beer sounds amazing." Danny said and I felt my heart beating faster and faster. Fuck. We headed to another stand where they sold some drinks.

"What do you want?" Miles asked as he was about to order.

"I'm good." I said and he furrowed his brows and smiled.

"You good?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Captain Teller, denying a beer. That's a first." Glen said and I let out a nervous chuckle.

"You sure you are okay?" Miles asked and I nodded. I looked over at Monica and Lewis who looked extremely confused and then it hit them both, at the same time. Their eyes widened and they looked at each other and I could see they understood what was going on, I put a finger over my mouth as I saw how shocked they were. I didn't want them to reveal it to everyone else.

"I need to go the bathroom." Monica said and I sighed.

"I'll join yah." I mumbled and I could hear Lewis say to fill him in afterwards. We walked over to the bathroom and she closed the door after us.

"You're pregnant!" She exclaimed and I hushed her.

"Omg." She said and I sighed.

"Yeah." I said.

"Oh." She said.

"We're not happy about it?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know yet." I said and she nodded.

"I get it, it's a big change." She said.

"To say the least, I would have to give up everything I know." I said.

"A lot of women are able to be in the military and be a mother at the same time. It's all about prioritising." She said and I nodded.

"I know." I said.

"And Miles doesn't know." She said and I shook my head.

"Do you know how far along you are?" She asked.

"Maybe like 9-10 weeks, I don't know how I didn't notice before." I said.

"Because you've had a lot going on." She said and I sighed.

"I don't know what to do." I said.

"It's not expected of you to know right away, it's a huge decision and it should feel right. What you do have to do is tell Miles. So you guys can figure it out together." She said and I nodded.

"He's gonna want to keep it." I said and she let out a small sigh.

"Yeah." She said.

"He loves kids." I said.

"He loves kids." She said.

"I'm afraid he's gonna resent me if I decide I can't do this right now." I said and she looked at me with pity.

"No, Lina. That's not gonna happen. He will understand." She said.

"He is very understanding, he is, but this, he will be devastated if I don't want to keep it." I said.

"When will you tell him?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Don't know, there will never be a perfect time. He's gonna notice I'm not drinking, I don't know, maybe it's just to rip off the bandaid." I said and she nodded.

"I think so." She said.

"You won't get closer to a decision either him not knowing." She said and I nodded.

"Yeah." I said and she gave me a hug.

"You'll be fine, no matter what you decide to do." She said and I smiled softly.

"Thank you." I said and we walked back out again. She stroke my back lightly as we walked back to our boys.

"Alright, shall we get going? We need to leave for the airport in an hour and a half." Greg said and we nodded and we started head back to the hotel. Miles took my hand and smiled softly as he looked down at me. We walked back into our room and I knew we had to get packed to head to the airport but I was too nervous.

"Okay, cut the crap now. You are not okay. I can see it. I'm not dumb, Lina. I know you." He said as he saw me stare out of the window and I looked back at him.

"What is it? What is going on? Are you getting sick? Is that what it is?" He asked kindly as he walked over to me and took my hands.

"No, is not that." I said.

"Then what is it?" He asked with a small smile.

"Whatever it is you can tell me, I think we've been through enough to be able to trust each other. Is it work? You getting deployed?" He asked and I looked down at the floor and let out a sigh.

"Miles, I'm.... I'm....." I stuttered.

"You are what?" He asked and I looked up at him and I felt my heart pounding.

"I'm...... pregnant." I said and his eyes widened and I could see his entire body freeze.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant." I said again but with more confidence.

"How?" He asked and I raised my eyebrow.

"How? Really?" I asked and he shook his head.

"That was a dumb question, sorry. But what? When? What? What?" He asked and I smiled nervously.

"I don't know when." I said and he nodded slowly.

"How long have you known?" He asked.

"A few hours." I said and he nodded.

"Miles, I don't know what to do. I don't know if we are ready for this." I said and he furrowed his brows.

"What?" He asked.

"I know you are, but I don't know.... if I am." I said and he looked away from me.

"You want to do an abortion?" He asked shakily and let go of my hands.

"I don't know." I said feeling myself panic a little.

"You don't want kids?" He asked and I sighed.

"Someday, I just don't know if I want a kid now." I said shakily and he put his hand by his mouth and dragged it down his chin.

"You want to abort our kid?" He asked.

"I don't know! I just found out about this." I said and he sighed.

"I'm trying to figure everything out. But it's a huge thing. I would have to give up a lot." I said and he sighed again.

"I have so much with work going on, I'm freshly out of a mission, I just don't know if it's a good time." I said.

"There will never be a good time to have a kid." He said and I sighed.

"Miles." I said and took a step closer to him.

"No, not now." He mumbled and I let out a shaky breath.

"Who knows?" He asked.

"Monica and I assume Lewis figured it out too." I said and he sighed.

"I need a drink." He said and started walking to the door.

"Miles." I said and he walked out and I bent down, put my hands over my face as I let tears fall down my cheeks. Fucking fuck. What did I do now? I had to pull myself together. I wasn't weak. I wasn't a crybaby. I took a painful deep breath and stood back up. I felt myself become shakier and shakier. I had to shake it all off. I brushed off my dress, grabbed my suitcase and started packing my stuff. I packed Miles as well. I kept on glancing over at the door, expecting Miles to walk in, in any second. But he didn't. I looked at the clock, we needed to get going. I needed to head down. I grabbed our stuff and took the elevator down. I saw everyone but Miles and Glen in the lobby and my heart started pounding again. I looked over at Monica and she knew that the conversation hadn't gone very well. I could see it in her face. She knew. She brought me in for a hug and a few minutes later the cab arrived.

"Glen texted me, he said they were grabbing their own cab." She whispered to me and I nodded

"It will all work out." She said and I nodded again, trying to keep it all together. The cab ride to the airport was painful and long. It felt like we were driving for forever. But eventually we got to the airport and still there were no signs from Glen or Miles. It made me nervous. We checked in our luggage, walked through security and then walked into the TaxFree. We looked around a little, bought some snacks for the long flight and grabbed a coffee.

"I'll switch with him if he's gonna be a child about it." Monica said and I smiled softly.

"If he even shows up." I mumbled.

"He might be acting a little childish but he won't skip Korea. He wouldn't do that." She said and I let out a sigh. We heard the boarding call for our flight and I felt my pulse rising and my heart beating rapidly. Was he really going to ditch Korea? I looked around but couldn't see him. Monica gently stroke my back as we boarded the flight. She sat down next to me and I put on the seatbelt. I looked out the window and I felt tears burning in my eyes.

"Monica." I heard a very familiar voice say and I looked over to see Miles standing by our row. She looked over at me and smiled a comforting smile and she got up from her seat and he sat down next to me, not saying a word. He sighed as he put his seatbelt on. And I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if I should say something or just keep my mouth shut for once. He glanced over at me and then looked down at his shoes. Still not saying a word. I looked back out of the window and dried of a silent and lonely tear. This was not happening. This wasn't supposed to happen this way. And not now.

What was I going to do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 71 11
After more than 30 years of service as one of the Navy's top aviators, Pete "Maverick" Mitchell is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courag...
52.8K 1.6K 60
"You keep drawing me back like a sailor to a siren's call."
8.9K 112 29
Hennessey "Maneater" Benjamin, daughter of Penny Benjamin and Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, gets called back to Top Gun, for an unknown mission. As one o...
17.1K 237 15
Having a mother who passed away and a certain so called "Pete Maverick Mitchel" as your dad things don't get much more complicated than that. Sarah...