His White Rose {Tamaki Suoh x...

By daisluvsyou

A slow-burn romance fanfic in where: The new student of Ouran Academy, (Y/N), finds out about the infamous Ho... More

introduction
cast list
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47

28

194 8 4
By daisluvsyou

Author here! I'll tell you when to play the song when the time is right :)

"(Y/N)!" boomed a voice. The snap in the tone was not much different to a crocodile's. The malice, the anger, the harshness. There was no denying, it was Ryuk.

Still lay in Tamaki's arms, the girl let out a silent huff. The blonde helped her up and, once steady on her feet, she faced the stone faced brunette. "My apologies for bumping into you, Ryuk." Her voice was cold and there was clearly no truth behind her words.

"It's fine," he snarled, looking at (Y/N) as she kept her eyes concentrated on the ground. His attention shifted to Tamaki, who was stroking (Y/N)'s back to comfort her. "Tamaki!" His solemn face immediately flickered to a wide grin. "I didn't know (Y/N) invited you over," Ryuk continued. He was very clearly hiding a grimace behind the fake smile he showed.

"Yeah. The rest of the Host Club is in the kitchen, too," Tamaki replied, eyes fixated on (Y/N). Unlike usual, his voice was bland and plain, not expressive nor even happy, just... dull.

Not caring to be in the awkward situation any longer, the girl gestured for Tamaki to follow her. Happily, he obliged, feeling just as eager to get out of there as (Y/N) was.

"Where are you going?" Ryuk asked, sounding more threatening than he intended. His arms were folded and a scowl hung upon his face.

"The music room," (Y/N) replied, shrugging her shoulders and continuing to walk. "Bye, Ryuk." With that, Tamaki and (Y/N) disappeared around a corner, leaving Ryuk standing alone, writhing in annoyance.

--

A loud gasp left Tamaki's lips as his friend revealed the music room to him. "Beautiful..." he murmured in awe, eyes wide with wonder as he appreciated the room before him.

(Y/N) lightly giggled and pushed a strand of her hair aside from her face. She felt her hand gently hold his. "This way," she softly cooed, tenderly leading him further into the room. There was just something about his reaction to the room that sparked a fluttering feeling in the girl's chest. Never in her life had she met somebody with the same appreciation and care for music, and now she had Tamaki, she felt that missing part of her was no longer missing. She watched as he took in the surroundings, fascination embedded in his violet eyes. As she continued to gaze, mind fixated on the beautiful blonde in front of her, she grew unaware that a soft pink blush was rising to her face.

Moonlight seeped in through the window, flooding the room in an elegant, magical and romantic light. The pair had made their way to the large window and were happily observing the quiet gardens below. From the corner of her eye, (Y/N) saw Tamaki's lips curve into a smile. "Are they... roses?" he asked softly, trying his best to keep his voice quiet as to not ruin the peaceful silence of the night.

"They are," (Y/N) replied in an equally hushed voice. There was another bout of silence. Slowly, (Y/N) came to the realisation Tamaki was moments away from discovering one of her secrets. She bit the inside of her cheek and prayed the pretty blonde wouldn't notice.

"There's a lot of different colours," he sweetly chuckled, brushing a stray hair aside. "Do you like roses, (Y/N)?"

"They're my favourite type of flowers. A close second would have to be tulips though, they're very pretty."

"I like tulips too," he smiled, looking at the girl. Another short silence fell between the two. It wasn't an awkward silence though... it was reassuring. "You really do have a lot of coloured roses... purple, red, blue, orange, pink, dark blue and... white." As he listed the colours, his voice slowed and the tone shifted to some sort of realisation.

"(Y/N), you're aware these colours perfectly match those of our Hosts, no?"

Well, he worked out her secret.

"What?! You don't say!" she awkwardly chuckled through a grimace, trying her best to act clueless about the situation. Truthfully, within the first month of joining the Host Club she'd planted the roses. As much as she pretended to hate the club and its members, she couldn't ever bring herself to. Not in a million years.

Beads of sweat started to make their way down (Y/N)'s forehead as Tamaki stared her down. "Cute!" he finally errupted, taking the smaller girl into his arms and swinging her around. "You did that on purpose, didn't you, (Y/N)?" he cooed, smiling like a kid in a candy store.

"Tamaki! Put me down!" she groaned in reply, ignoring his question completely. She'd never expected anybody from the club to see it and therefore had never worried about trying her best to make the tribute not look obvious or anything.

"You're so lovely (Y/N)," he complimented, sending the girl's cheeks to flush red. After a while, and a lot of protests from (Y/N), he finally put her on the ground again. "Can I take a photo?" he asked, part-way through already taking one.

"Sure," she shrugged, though it was pointless even giving the green-light as there were already about a hundred different photos of the beautiful roses on Tamaki's phone.

Wanting to change the topic, (Y/N) pulled a violin off the wall. "Sit," she commanded, pointing to the stool which stood proudly in front of the grand piano. Not even having to be asked twice, Tamaki quickly took his seat and placed his hands on the keys, eager to hear what song (Y/N) suggested they played. "Do you know the ending to 'Chiquitita' by ABBA?" she asked, setting her violin to her shoulder. He nodded.

Start playing the song and enjoy! <3

Soon enough, Tamaki had started to play the beautiful music. He played the first bit by himself, raising the volume with each press on the delicate keys, creating a suspenseful - yet cheerful - climax. The true magic happened when (Y/N) started to play along. Where the drums would usually come in during the ending of the song, her violin followed the cheerful melody Tamaki was also playing. Although there was no violin in the original song, (Y/N)'s addition was perfect. Cleverly, the girl made the decision to harmonise with Tamaki, creating an even more beautiful sound. The higher pitch mixed with the original pitch sounded heavenly.

The pair played as if there was no tomorrow. The sounds, the beautiful sounds, filled the room. In that moment, (Y/N) felt as if she'd finally found true happiness. There was no weight on her mind. No stress about Ryuk, school or even family. Nothing but happiness clouded her mind for the first time in as long as she could remember.

Finishing the song, (Y/N) re-opened her eyes to the sight of Tamaki already staring and smiling at her. Much to the pair's surprise, applause erupted from the doorway of room. Their heads whipped round to the door in unison, shocked to see the Hosts and Carla celebrating their successful duet together.

"That was amazing you guys!" Haruhi said, in shock her friends were so talented. She walked into the room and ruffled Tamaki's hair, then hugged (Y/N). In (Y/N)'s ear during the embrace, Haruhi whispered some words which would stick with the girl forever - "You'd make a cute couple."

"I may have to get you to play that at the club." Kyoya stated from the doorway, which he was coolly leaning against. "Well done both."

(Y/N) smiled to herself. If Kyoya congratulated her on something, she knew she did something particularly amazing.

--

"When did you even get here?" chuckled (Y/N) once the compliments had died down.

"Wouldn't you like to know? Why, do you have something to hide from us?" teased Carla, who was helping (Y/N) pack away her violin.

Tamaki coughed, muttering the word, 'Flowers' as he did. Clearly, he was hinting that (Y/N) should show everybody else the flower garden down below. However, she didn't want to. She was rather content with the idea of only Tamaki knowing. Their little secret.

"No, nothing happened Carla," she reassured with a chuckle. "How did the cake turn out?"

"Amazing!" Honey smiled from atop Mori's shoulders.

"And... the washing got done, right?" (Y/N) asked, death staring Hikaru and Kaoru, who rolled their eyes in unison at her snarky comment.

"Eventually..." confirmed Carla with a heavy sigh. Clearly, it was a rabbit hole which (Y/N) didn't want to dive too deep into.

'What matters is the washing got done... hopefully to a decent standard.'

"Can we eat the cake now? I'm hungry~" complained Honey, whose statement was reinforced with a loud growl of the stomach.

"I could go for some cake," Haruhi agreed.

"Then cake time it is!" smiled (Y/N).

--

On the walk back to the kitchen, (Y/N) gravitated to spending time with Carla. After all, this whole day was so she could familiarise herself with the Hosts. "How are you finding everyone?" she asked the red-head in a low voice, so the others didn't overhear their conversation. 

"Great! They're much dreamier in person," Carla drooled.

(Y/N) giggled at her airhead friend. "Anyone you really like?" she teased, nudging Carla playfully.

"Well, I would say Tamaki but he's yours. I'd say Haruhi honestly... she's really sweet and pretty. Ooh, maybe Mori, too."

(Y/N) managed to choke on thin air at Carla's words. 'Tamaki... he's yours.' The words bounced around her head. "W- What do you mean?"

"You're kidding, right (Y/N)?" scoffed Carla whilst rolling her eyes.

"No. What do you mean?" her tone was more curious than anything now... she was truly intrigued by what Carla had meant.

"God, you're oblivious," sighed Carla, rolling her eyes dramatically. Before returning to the other Hosts, she whispered in (Y/N)'s ear. "I need to talk to you when everyone leaves."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 152 33
Rin (Ootori) Taylor Raised to despise the Ootori side of her family, Rin couldn't escape the grasp the Host club had on her, no matter how hard she t...
53.7K 1.2K 27
Planned to be wed since birth. Her widowed mother and Nara move into the Suoh mansion during her and Tamaki's last few years of school so their paren...
122K 4.8K 43
OFFICIALLY COMPLETED Kinda · *splashes glitter and red rose petals in face* Kyoya has always been....well stalking people. You can put it that way. A...
58.6K 2.4K 34
[Sequel to Your Tricks Won't Make Me Fall!!] Seven years have passed since Kasumi went away, and she's finally ready to return home. She thought she...