Life's Unexpected Turn

By cbakaloff

When all hope is lost, what can one do? What happens when someone you love changes and becomes the person you... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Descend
Chapter 2: Illumination
Chapter 3: Discontented
Chapter 4: Painting
Chapter 5: Class
Chapter 6: Sparring
Chapter 7: Futile
Chapter 8: Tattoo
Chapter 9: Control
Chapter 10: Tutoring
Chapter 11: Dread
Chapter 12: Suspicions
Chapter 13: Worry
Chapter 14: Disbelief
Chapter 15: Confirmation
Chapter 16: Plans
Chapter 17: Hopefulness
Chapter 18: Lesson
Chapter 19: Rearranged
Chapter 20: Limit
Chapter 21: Awoken
Chapter 22: Questions
Chapter 23: Flashback
Chapter 24: Speechless
Chapter 25: Unrecognizable
Chapter 26: Relaxation
Chapter 27: Caught
Chapter 28: Home
Chapter 29: Discussion
Chapter 30: Museum
Chapter 31: Christmas
Chapter 32: Talk
Chapter 33: Together
Chapter 34: Presentations
Chapter 35: Study
Chapter 36: Final
Chapter 37: Movie
Chapter 38: Unexpected
Chapter 39: 10-32
Chapter 40: Aftermath
Chapter 41: Escape
Chapter 42: Birthday
Chapter 43: Therapy
Chapter 44: Gift
Chapter 45: Date
Chapter 46: Love
Chapter 47: Content
Chapter 48: Happy
Chapter 49: Restaurant
Epilogue

Chapter 50: Beauty

103 8 15
By cbakaloff

*Parker's POV*

When Bailey used the restroom during our delicious late lunch, Shay sent me a message. She stated that she finally found a perfect place that had everything I wanted it to have. While at Wal-Mart earlier, when my girl and I went our separate ways searching for a few items, I messaged Shay. While doing that, I made sure to get my items into the car before Bailey noticed. I asked if she could help me find a place with a vast hiking trail, a beautiful area to stargaze, and somewhere where we'd be allowed to camp for the night. I was so utterly happy everything was going as I had hoped it would. Bailey's in for the night of her life; I genuinely hope she loves this surprise.

During our incredible drive to Beavertail State Park, Bailey scooted herself as close to me as possible and remained buckled for safety. My girlfriend told me she wanted to be close to me. I always loved being able to feel her soft skin; her touch would never be unwelcome, and I promised her that. Bailey mentioned a few times how excited she was about the secret place we were heading to. Occasionally, she'd try talking about my plans while randomly kissing my cheek or neck.

Though Bailey tried her best to get me to reveal something that could give away the surprise, I never actually let anything slip. She soon realized that she'd have to wait and see what I had in store for us, and from the look on her face, she was more than happy with doing that. I especially loved when one of her favorite songs would come on the radio, the way my girlfriend would do a little dance while beautifully singing along to it. I absolutely love hearing how joyful she sounds when she's singing like this.

After nearly an hour of driving, I started to notice how sleepy Bailey had become. I held her hand and told her she should close her eyes and rest since we still had some driving left anyway. Before Bailey fell asleep, she waited until we stopped at a red light to kiss me and say how much she loved me. Then, as she got comfortable, still holding my hand, she requested that when we got closer to our destination, she wanted me to wake her.

I nodded with a warm smile.

~

When I noticed my gas was getting low, I pulled into the large pitstop and parked my vehicle at the filling station. After a quick glance at Bailey, I smiled, got out of the car, and turned the engine off. I opened the gas cap, inserted my debit card, and paid for the fuel, ensuring I had a full tank when we departed. While it was filling up, I watched Bailey sleeping soundly from the side-view mirror. Just seeing her there, resting so peacefully, filled me with more happiness than I ever thought possible by merely watching someone.

Once the tank was finally filled, I locked the car while I went inside the convenience store attached to this station. I found plenty of Hershey's Chocolate Bars, a large bag of Marshmallows, and a couple of boxes of Graham Crackers. I also procured a pack of matches and a lighter in case it rained, and the matches wouldn't work correctly. I purchased those items along with a large bag of ice to fill the cooler, some insect-repellent spray, and sunscreen.

I soon exited the store, walked to my vehicle, and instantly smiled upon seeing how comfortable and snug Bailey looked. I carefully opened the trunk, extracted the cooler, and took out all that was within it. I then poured the bags of ice into it and put everything that needed to be cooled inside the container. I threw the ice bags away and put the cooler back into the trunk, placing the rest of the bags I had just bought beside it. I can't wait until she helps me once we get there and realizes everything I got for tonight... Bailey's really going to love her surprise.

I looked at each item, ensuring I had everything we needed for our evening. When I was confident and ready to continue the drive, I got back into the car, buckling myself up. I turned the engine on, re-loaded my phone with the GPS, and drove down the long road to the surprise. I had initially planned to resume some low tunes on the radio while I drove, but... the adorable soft snores from Bailey stopped me from doing so. I was utterly enthralled with her adorableness and was more than okay with merely listening to her sleeping for the duration of the drive.

~

When I saw that the remaining time on the map application was thirty minutes, I woke my girlfriend. I called her name a few times, and when her eyes finally fluttered open, she groggily asked, "Are we there yet?"

I chuckled at her cuteness.

"If the roads stay as clear as they have been, then we will get there really soon," I replied, and from my peripheral vision, I saw her readjusting herself to face me.

Bailey placed a soft kiss on my hand that was held in hers and said, "Thank you for waking me, angel. I really can't wait to see what you have planned. It's so exciting, and just being with you, doing this together, it's amazing."

As soon as I stopped at the next light, I glanced at my girlfriend and smiled at her. I pulled her closer with the hands that were intertwined together and placed a quick kiss on her lips before responding, "You have no idea how true that statement is for me, and... speaking of the surprise... we're here, sweetheart."

I watched as she jumped up in her seat and began looking around through the car windows. I turned the corner, pulled into the lot, and parked after ensuring the emergency brake was on. Even though it was late evening, and the sun was practically setting, it was still light enough to see our surroundings. From where we were located, what could be seen was vast, tall trees and part of the ocean, along with a lighthouse on the far end of the rocks. Bailey was so distracted and excited, looking around at everything, that I was able to open the trunk and start removing the items from within it.

"A tent?" Bailey asked as soon as she stood beside me and saw the package.

Looking at her, I could tell she was slightly confused; I could see she was trying to put all the pieces together. So, while responding to her with a smile, I confirmed, "Yes, and it's the largest one I could find at Wal-Mart, too."

"Wait a minute—" She began to say but suddenly cut herself off as something clicked and remained silent. I lovingly observed my girlfriend while she glanced into a couple of the bags, touched the blankets, and opened the cooler filled with ice. Bailey looked from me and back to everything she had just previously examined. She looked up to the sky, smiled beautifully, and turned around, looking at what surrounded us.

"You didn't..." Bailey murmured astonishingly as soon as she faced me again.

"Yeah, I did, sweetheart," I replied as my woman practically crashed into my body and wrapped her arms tightly around me.

I held her more petite frame close, securely putting my strong, tattooed arms around her.

I'm pretty sure she figured it out.

"We're going camping, aren't we?" Bailey asked with a huge grin on her face.

"Yes, we are... as soon as you mentioned that was something you always wanted to do... I was going to make that happen for you," I explained, and the smile on my face never faltered.

"How were you able to do it, and when, and like, where even are we?" My girlfriend rambled, her excitement as clear as the night sky above us.

"With the help of Shay and pretty much before and during the time we were at Wal-Mart. She helped me look for a few places, and eventually, found the perfect one that had everything I wanted for you..." I answered, kissing her forehead, "As for where we are, we're at Beavertail State Park."

As my girlfriend looked through the items in the trunk, she looked at me almost astonishingly, stating, "You've thought of everything, haven't you, angel?"

A knowing smile rested on her face.

I chuckled, "I really hope so... All I want is for this experience to be perfect."

Bailey placed her hands on my jacket and pulled me into a passionate kiss. I felt her hands rise from where they rested, sliding up my body until they went behind my neck. My girlfriend slowly started to massage my scalp, practically making my already closed eyes roll further back in my head at the blissful sensation. With the silent night's calm wind breezing around us, we could hear the distant waves and various beautiful sounds of nature.

When we parted to breathe, Bailey said, "It already is... everything we do together will always be perfect."

All I could do was nod; she quite literally took my breath and words away again. Her giggle was everything I needed to hear, and she merely continued smiling. When I could speak, I suggested, "I figured you and I could get everything set up, get comfy, and make some s'mores before we go stargazing near the ocean. What do you think about that idea?"

"I'd love that," She replied while grabbing whatever she could hold in both of her hands.

We didn't need to say anything else, and we had to take a couple of trips to be able to bring all our items to the camping spot. Bailey made a cute comment when we were all done, and only the pillows were left. She thought it was amazing how I could make all this happen and still manage to keep it a secret to surprise her the way I did. Before we set up our tent, we put on a good amount of insect repellent as we didn't want to get bitten throughout the night.

Bailey and I worked together, following the instructions on how to set up the tent. We started by spreading the body flat and hammering the stakes into the ground at a forty-five-degree angle. Then, we extended the multiple fiberglass poles, inserting the longer ones into the sleeve on the roof before preparing the upright steel poles that would go around the base of the tent, lifting it up. Our final task was to secure the tent's stability by sticking down the guyline ropes. By the time we were finished, Bailey was overjoyed and even mentioned that it resembled a small cabin, perfect for us.

I had to agree with her.

Not too long after the tent was set, Bailey began placing the pillows and blankets into it, making our bed. When she exited and put the cooler right next to the door, off to the left, she picked up the flashlight that sat on top and said, "Can we find wood to start a fire?"

"Of course, we can, sweetheart... Would you like to go now?" I asked, and she nodded vigorously.

God, she's so goddamn adorable.

Together, we walked hand-in-hand deeper into the forest area and located copious amounts of wood and plenty of pieces that would act as kindling for the fire. When we returned to our camp, Bailey looked up a video on YouTube showing her the easiest ways to create a small bonfire. While watching the video, she simultaneously followed their directions, stopping to pause and make sure all was in the proper order.

When she looked at me, I already knew what she was going to ask, so I displayed the matches in the palm of my hand before she could even speak. As soon as she realized what I did, she smiled warmly, walked right up to me, placed a soft, tender kiss on my lips, and said, "Showing off those superpowers again, I see."

All I could do was laugh and continue to watch the woman who held my heart light the match. It didn't take too long for her to get a nice-sized fire going, and while she set up the items to make s'mores, I found a large, relatively clean, smooth log we could sit on. By the time I rolled it over in front of our fire, Bailey was done with her tasks, smiling and simply waiting for me. After I sat down and opened the twin pack of roasting sticks, I handed her one as she sat next to me.

We soon opened the bag of large, fluffy marshmallows, placing one on the tip of each stick. As I hovered mine above the fire, I couldn't help but notice Bailey stuck the entire marshmallow directly into the fire. The look of excitement remained on her face as she burned the white fluffy goodness, and I had to ask, "Baby," I laughed, looking at my girlfriend incredulously, "Why are you setting the entire marshmallow on fire?"

"Isn't that how it works? You want it all cooked and stuff, right?" Bailey responded so innocently, which was utterly adorable.

"Haha, no, my love. You do have the right idea, but... let me show you the best way to go about it, yeah?" I countered, grinning; I knew what I had planned would make her melt.

Pun intended.

I set my stick to lean on the log beside me, and when I faced her again, I saw her smirk and beautiful eyes staring at me. I got myself in a better position to show her and removed the burnt ball from the tip. Next, I put a fresh marshmallow onto the long stick that she had previously used to set her last one on fire.

"Now, the way I look at it is like... imagine you're that marshmallow; soft and sweet, right?" I asked, and she followed my words by nodding with that beautiful smile still plastered on her face.

I then placed my hand over hers and directed the tip where the marshmallow sat to barely hover over the flames. As I turned it slowly, it began warming up and becoming slightly toasted, so I added, "When you get all hot and heated... you can't help but become all gooey, sticky, and delicious."

Though Bailey was paying attention, she responded to my words by softly biting her lip. As soon as the marshmallow was perfectly done, I finished my analogy by saying, "And now that it is ready for the taking, you can't wait to put it in your mouth and savor its flavors."

Her mouth was agape; I smirked wickedly at her, and she visibly gulped.

"I'll never forget how to roast marshmallows, that's for sure..." Bailey began, breathing a bit heavier than before I teased her, and said, "That was so goddamn sexy, Parker. I'm like... at a loss for words, and... all I want is you and a lot of marshmallows in my mouth right now..." She teased me right back, adding, "However, as I've never tried s'mores, I'd love to make them with you first."

"As you wish, sweetheart," I confirmed and tried to halt the image of Bailey's face between my legs so I could focus on the task, but... I realized I loved imagining and remembering all she could do to me. While we worked together to remove the chocolate bars and graham crackers from their containers, I couldn't stop watching my girlfriend. I love seeing her so happy.

A blanket of stars stretched overhead, creating a celestial canopy that bore witness to our close moment. The air was infused with the scent of burning wood and the promise of sweet indulgence as we opened the remaining items to craft our delicious treats successfully. Before she began, Bailey quickly leaned in to steal a quick kiss from me, and I reciprocated it with a tender touch to her cheek. I wholeheartedly adored that our love for each other was undoubtedly evident through our exchanges of affection, shared glances, and unspoken understanding. When I saw that she focused on the roasting stick in front of her, I smiled happily.

I don't want to miss a moment of Bailey making her very first s'more.

With that thought in mind, I took my phone out, captured a quick picture of her, and then changed the input to video so I could record the moment forever. I'll also be sending these to Shay tonight. The marshmallow soon sizzled as it met the heat of the flames, turning golden brown and gooey. That's it, baby, you did it just right! As soon as that thought crossed my mind, Bailey's eyes found mine, and she grinned triumphantly. She noticed the phone in my hands and stuck her tongue out at the camera, making me chuckle.

"What do I do now that it's ready, angel?" She asked sweetly.

"Now, you gotta' basically sandwich everything together... the marshmallow is the center, the chocolate goes on the bottom, and the top of it, and the graham cracker is considered the bread," I explained to her.

With a delicate touch, Bailey did precisely as I said. She slid the warm, toasted marshmallow onto the waiting Hershey's chocolate. The heat had instantly caused the chocolate to soften and meld with the gooey marshmallow, pairing perfectly. Then, she placed the combination of the two between the graham crackers, creating a sweet sandwich. We shared a knowing look, and I knew of the deliciousness that was about to ensue for her. As she took her first bite, I heard the satisfying crunch followed by a moan; the look on her face told me everything... pure joy and utter deliciousness.

Amidst our loving laughter and lovely conversations, it was already becoming one of my favorite evenings. The warmth of the fire, the cool breeze of the night, and the sweet taste of s'mores; Bailey and I reveled in the simplicity of the night. We savored not only the delectable treats but also the love surrounding us in the quiet beauty of the outdoors. When the time was right, I sent Shay the video I took of Bailey, along with the multiple selfies we took together.

My best friend was really happy for us and continued to wish us the best night ever, which was already happening. She also told us that on our next big break from classes, she wanted the four of us, Devin and her included, to go on a hike and camp together. Bailey took her phone from her back pocket and replied to Shay once I showed her what she said. It was really wonderful seeing how amazingly their friendship had blossomed, and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

I can't wait to stargaze with her.

~

As soon as we safely descended the path and onto the rocks below, we found a perfect, smooth area where we could sit together. The sky looked as though it was invaded by thousands of stars that shined brightly against the water. I sat down first, ensuring my legs were wide enough for my girlfriend to fit between them. When we first got together, she made it a point to tell me how much she loved sitting with me that way. So, I knew exactly what she'd want, especially with us sharing this moment together.

I watched while she got lower by squatting, and when she faced me, our eyes met. I knew she noticed how entranced I was when staring at her orbs. With a smile on her face and her voice laced with genuine honesty, she expressed, "I'm so glad, thankful, and unbelievably happy that you're the one I get to share such a place with... just like that day at the Reservoir. I'll never forget it; it was truly life-changing, angel." She said, and then added a few seconds later, "Rhode Island surely had no shortage of magical places to escape to, and I never knew spots like this even existed here..." Bailey finished saying once she was comfortably leaning against my front.

I couldn't agree more with her words.

"Being here with you is like walking into a beautiful dream," I stated, loving the feeling of the way we were sitting together. "Even though a picturesque place surrounds us, nothing compares to you..." I felt her kiss my hands as I continued, "I love you... so much."

I heard her hum in response and take a deep breath, making me smile sweetly.

While looking out into the vast ocean in front of us, we were still enveloped by tall trees, gorgeous cliffs, and the sound of waves constantly crashing around, but... what mattered most to me was Bailey in my arms. Having the ocean so near was comforting, and pairing that feeling with whom I love so profoundly was otherworldly. I didn't think the moment could be more sincere and perfect until Bailey proclaimed, "And I love you more, Parker Avery. So much more."

Beneath the deep, dark sky, my girlfriend adjusted herself, pointed upward, and her eyes reflected beautifully in the starlight as she asked, "See the graceful curve of Draco, the celestial dragon?"

I nodded, and I saw her smile as she felt my movement, prompting her to point to another crowd of stars while saying, "And over there, Ursa Major, the Great Bear, and its companion, Ursa Minor, the Little Bear... studies say that they're like our own cosmic companions, dancing in the vastness of the night."

I followed her gaze, following the stellar patterns as her pointed finger helped connect the dots between the constellations. My following words caused Bailey to turn her head to face me, "I didn't know you knew so much about the constellations, sweetheart."

"You could say it was a hobby I picked up when I was younger; I loved looking up to the sky, wondering what was out there... heh, I still do," She admitted, shrugging her shoulders with a giggle.

I could watch Bailey show me every single constellation over and over again, and I would never grow tired of hearing it. I looked from her and glanced up at the sky, smiling. I knew she was watching me; I could feel it, and to be quite honest, I loved having her eyes on me. When she got back into her favorite position, I wrapped my arms around her abdomen. She took my hands in hers, lifted them to her mouth, and placed a soft kiss on the back of one of them.

"I'd love to return here during sunrise if that's okay," My girlfriend suggested, and I kissed her cheek, nodding my head confirmingly.

"Tomorrow morning, we'll be here," I verbally promised.

"I honestly can't wait to see how beautiful it'll look," She returned, pausing briefly. Then, sounding more seductive than ever, she revealed, "Let's head back... I want you, Parker."

My heart rate increased instantly.

By the time we returned to our tent, we couldn't take our hands off each other. We did it all: handholding, random loving gropes, or varied versions of making out, fast and slow. When we reached the tent, our clothes were removed so damn fast that the speed seemed incomprehensible. As soon as Bailey's mouth claimed mine, I was a goner; she was in complete control, and I was more than happy to comply with whatever she wanted.

I had no idea the ferocity Bailey held within her, but I was so ready for it. The intense need of me was written on her face so clearly that I could read the words a mile away. I noticed her eyes darted to the floor and back at me before she passionately made out with me again. I caught the hint, and while we were lip-locked, we slowly made our way onto the floor. While on our knees, we parted, filling our lungs with air, and she fiercely, yet gently, pushed me backward until I was lying on the floor.

Oh my...

After straddling me, her tongue quickly flicked against my nipple while her hand darted down, reaching my vulva. Once she coated her middle finger with my juices, she brought it to her mouth, sucking it off. The groan that escaped her mouth was almost animalistic. My girlfriend's eyes found mine; she kissed her way down my abdomen, not waiting any longer to have her fill of me. The second I felt her tongue slide between my pussy lips and stop at my clit to suck on it, I moaned, bucking my hips in response.

I needed more... I wanted more, and the best part was I didn't have to say a single word; Bailey knew everything. She teased my opening with her fingers but halted her movement and looked at me with a thoughtful expression. When our eyes made contact, she said, "Why don't we do this together, right now... you know?"

I think I know what she's hinting at.

With a nod and a smirk on my face, we got into position. Bailey was on top of me with her dripping core straddling my face while she was in the opposite direction, hovering over my vagina.

~

When our night of lovemaking came to an end, and we were both utterly spent, Bailey and I got under the covers together. We found pure comfort and devotion in the sanctuary of our shared, close embrace. The intertwining of our fingers and whispers of affection to each other created a symphony of love. Our love. The rhythmic tempo of our breathing harmonized with the various outdoor sounds. All of which made a tranquil tune that gradually soothed us into a serene slumber.

The last words we spoke to each other were, "I love you."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.8K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...
368K 9.6K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
57.9K 1.4K 17
An 17 year old girl, lily had feelings for someone, that someone was her Teacher who happens to be marry. Mrs heart a 24 year old. Lily never had it...
105K 2.5K 13
MILLIE HART Quiet. Shy. Nerd. Prude. That's what everyone calls me while turning up their noses at me. Even if it's true, I don't care. I have a pla...