Top Gun: Maverick | Miles Tel...

By fresh_avacado

Lieutenant Lina Cruise, callsign Maverick. Daughter of the fearless actor Tom Cruises ended up just as advent... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96

46

362 8 1
By fresh_avacado

milesteller: ❤️
tagged: linacruise

96.7K likes

user1: O M G

user2: I thought they had broken up!😭

monicabarbaro: you guuuuys🥰

user3: aww 😊

user4: they do look cute together

user5: I'm confused, did they break up or not?
|
user6: I think they broke up and now got back together

glenpowell: my besties 🫶🏻☺️

user7: who broke up with who????
|
user8: I bet he broke up with her because she is a pompous ass
|
user9: no she broke up with him because he can't take that she is a badass 🤷🏼‍♀️

linacruise: ❤️

________________________________

MILES'S POV

I opened my eyes to see her lie with her back towards me. I smiled softly as I put my arm around her waist and placed up by her breasts, pulling her closer to me. I kissed the back of her shoulder softly and she turned around, placing her head on my arm, still sleeping. I pulled her closer towards my chest and kissed the top of her head. She nuzzled her head into my chest making me smile. I couldn't believe she was back in my arms. And then all of a sudden she just started screaming, at the top of her lungs. She moved around and placed her hands over her ears and she kept on screaming.

"It's okay." I said trying to calm her down.

"It's okay, it's okay." I said.

"It's just a nightmare, it's okay. I'm here." I said placing my hands on her arms.

"It's okay." I said slowly as she stopped screaming but was still breathing heavily.

"You're okay." I whispered and brought her back into my arms.

"You're okay." I said and kissed the side of her head.

"It's just a nightmare." I whispered and her breathing slowed down. She has been having these nightmares for a whole week, every night she woke up screaming at the top of her lungs. Ten minutes later she was fine and it was like nothing had happened. She snuggled into my grip as I felt her doze back to sleep again.

She woke up a few hours later and came out to the kitchen where Tom and I were making some breakfast. She rubbed her eyes as she walked over to the coffee pot.

"Sleep well?" Tom asked as he put some scrambled eggs on his plate.

"Mhm." She mumbled. When we got back together we didn't want to start over, we wanted to pick up where we left off. So, we were going back to house hunting. Might sound crazy after 7 months apart but to us, it made sense. And I we couldn't crash in Tom's place anymore.

"So, how many houses are you looking at today?" Tom asked as he sat down.

"Three." I said and took a sip out of my coffee.

"What are your plans for today, dad?" Lina asked and sat down next to him.

"Not much, have a few people coming over for lunch." He said and she nodded. I grabbed my
plate and sat down by the table as well.

"That's nice." She said and took a bite of her eggs.

"What kind of house are you looking for anyways?" He asked, changing the subject.

"We're thinking a two story house, something we can have for a long time." I said and she nodded.

"Exterior?" He asked.

"Dark wood." Lina said and I smiled softly remembering the night of our first date where she told me what her dream house would look like. We were dancing on her balcony, drinking whiskey. It was a perfect night.

"Like my dark soul." She joked with a wide smile on her lips making us chuckle. Lina was a master of joking about things that happened to her, I guess it made it all easier for her to move past it. Neither of us really knew what happened to her in Baghdad, what she went through, she hasn't spoken about it, not more than making a few jokes. And I didn't want to push her. Last time I stepped over the line, well, I lost her. I know I shouldn't be afraid to ask questions but I feel like this is a whole other thing. She was held captive for three weeks. That's not something you just talk about at the dinner table. And if I knew Lina right, which I think I do, she would need a couple of shots and numerous glasses of whiskey to open up about this.

"We have to get going soon, honey." I said and she nodded. We quickly finished our breakfast and she got herself ready, I just threw some appropriate clothing on, I did want to look nice because maybe one of these houses would be ours.

"You look beautiful, honey." I said and kissed her cheek as she looked herself in the mirror wearing a black long sleeve maxi dress, a classic of hers. She turned around and put her hands around my neck.

"You look handsome." She said with a small smile and I kissed her softly.

"Let's go and find our home." I said with a smile and she smiled back. I took her hand and we said goodbye to Tom before exiting through the door and getting into my car. I took Lina's hand and intertwined our fingers and kissed them softly as we took off. She lowered the window down, feeling the warm breeze and the wind in her hair. She looked absolutely stunning. I put on some music and she smiled softly.

"I love you, Teller." She said and I looked over at her with a warm smile.

"I love you too, Cruise." I said and she smiled widely and looked back out of the open window. She closed her eyes, feeling the wind. I was going to marry this girl one day. I was going to raise a family with her. I just knew it. This was the woman who I would grow old with, tell our grandkids the story of how we met, sit on the porch with a glass of whiskey and our dog, watching the sunset. She is the woman I would do all of it with.

I drive up on the driveway to the first house.
"Doesn't it look smaller than in the pictures?" Lina asked.

"Uh huh." I said and furrowed my brows. It did look waaay smaller.

"Let's just have a look." I said and she nodded and we got out of the car. It still had charm even though it was smaller than we'd expected. We walked inside and saw our realtor.

"Good morning." She said with a wide smile.

"Welcome to Landon Drive 46." She said.

"Let's have a look around." She said and we nodded. It was really nice, high ceilings, open floor plan. Big windows to the backyard.

"It's a three bedroom house with two bathrooms." She said.

"Perfect for starting a family." She said with a wink.

"I'm sterile." Lina said and her smiled dropped and I furrowed my brows.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She said and Lina put on an offended smile as we continued further in.

"Are you sterile?" I whispered and she chuckled.

"Nope, it was just fun messing with her." She whispered back and I chuckled and gave her a subtle fist bump.

We didn't fall in love with that house, we kind of knew we wouldn't. It was too small. More of a temporary house, and that was not what we were looking for.

"Okay, first house was a swing and a miss." I said as I put on the seatbelt.

We drove to the next house, and believe me it was pretty. Too pretty. Too cottage core. I feel like we would had to buy cows and goats and grow our own vegetables and herbs. I couldn't picture Lina or myself waking up in the morning and wanting to milk a cow. It was too cutesy and too much of a fairytale house. We wanted a house that looked like the most expensive bottle of whiskey, dark, a little bitter, strong, luxurious. Not too much fuss with flowers and clutter and all. We wanted a more masculine house.

"Okay, last one." I said and she nodded.

"Is this a private driveway?" Lina asked with furrowed brows as I looked at the GPS and then up at the gate.

"It's the right address." I said.

"Holy shit." She mumbled. The gates buzzed open and we drove up on the driveway that was surrounded by beautiful trees on each sides.

"Omg." She said as the house revealed itself. It was up on a little cliff, we couldn't even see it from the main road. The trees were covering it. Dark wooden, check. No fuss and clutter, check. Masculine, check.

"Wow." I let out as I looked at the house from the windshield.

"I'm glad I didn't wear my workout shorts." I said and she chuckled. We got out of the car and looked around.

"Omg, Miles look." She said and I turned around and looked at the view. You could see the entire Top Gun facility from here.

"There you guys are." Our realtor said and we turned around to see her in the big doorway. It had golden details and two massive windows above the door. We walked inside revealing the most incredible stairway I've ever seen.

"Welcome to Villa Amor." She said with a smile.

"It's a little out of the budget you gave me but it checks all of your boxes." She said.

"I thought we could at least have a look." She said and we nodded, falling in love more and more with this house. To the right of the entrance and the stairway you came into a lounge with a big fireplace and big windows out to the backyard. Following the wall, on the right side of the fireplace were a laundry room, mud room and a door to the big garage. On the left side of the fireplace was a door into a big office and library. Bookcases that reached up to the ceiling and big windows out to the backyard with a private patio. If you walked straight past the stairway and took a left you came into a big dining room with open windows to the backyard, high ceiling and you could see up to the second floor. Following the wall you came into another lounge with a beautiful bar, a piano and a pool table. If you took a right by the entrance you came into the kitchen with black counters and cabinets, a pantry, hidden fridge and freezer, a dining table, a couch group and a private patio. It almost took our breath away.

"You want to see the upstairs or the backyard first?" She asked.

"Upstairs." We said and we walked up the beautiful staircase with the open ceiling down to the entrance lounge and the dining room.

"It has five bedrooms, two bigger and three smaller and each bedroom has their own bathroom and walk in closet." She said and we both looked at each other and smiled.

The three smaller bedrooms were quite similar to each other. They all had a view over the house's frontside. It was still big enough to fit both a bed, desk and shelves. Private bathrooms with showers and a walk in closet. The two master bedrooms had a view over the backyard. A connecting balcony, big bathrooms with both a shower and a bathtub and a walk in closet that would fit more clothes than what a person would ever need. Every room had matching interior, dark wooden with golden details. The realtor opened the door to the balcony revealing the backyard and the view over Miramar and the ocean. We walked back downstairs and walked out on the main patio which had a barbecue area, dining area, lounge area and a large rectangular pool and a jacuzzi. Walking down the stairs from the patio and you had a big lawn, an outdoor fireplace and a small basketball court.

"She's a beauty." The realtor said and we were in awe. I could picture ourselves sitting on the patio with a glass of whiskey and some music, looking out on the view, or our future kids playing on the lawn, swimming in the pool. I could see us having dinners with our friends, barbecues in the summer, movie nights by the fireplace.

"And I'm the basement you have a very chiq cinema, another bar with of course a wine cellar." She said and I looked at Lina who looked totally sold. She looked up at me and I nodded. There were no questions about it.

"We want to put in an offer." Lina said and the realtor smiled.

"Amazing." She said.

We did some paperwork before we sat our happy asses back in the car, we looked at each other and both of us smiled widely.

"Omg." Lina said happily.

"We just put in a bid on this house." I said

"I can't believe it." She said.

"I can't believe it's so perfect." I said and she shook her head.

"It's perfect distance to Top Gun and to the airport. It's not in the middle of everything, it's secluded so we won't be disturbed." She said and I nodded.

"Yeah it was perfect." I said and started the engine.

"We are gonna win this bid, I promise you." I said and put my hand on her thigh making her smile. I started the engine and we took off. Soaking in the last view of the house before we drove through the gates. I could see a smile on Lina's face the entire way back to Tom's, she was just as in love with this house as I was. I pulled up on Tom's driveway, seeing a car I've never seen here before.

"I thought it was lunch guests." I said.

"Me too." Lina said and I parked the car. We got out and walked inside.

"Hey, we are home." Lina said and closed the door behind us with no answer. Weird.

"Dad?" Lina asked and put down her purse on the kitchen counter.

"Maybe he is outside." She said and we walked to the patio door. We walked outside to see Tom sitting on the patio drinking coffee with a woman and a young girl.

"Dad?" Lina asked and his head shot around.

"Lina, Miles, you are back early." He said and got up from his seat and Lina looked over at the woman and the girl.

"Ehm... Lina.. this is Katie and this is Suri." He said and introducing first the woman and then the girl and Lina's eyes widened.

"What?" She asked as her brows furrowed.

"Lina, it's so nice to meet you. Tom has told me so much about you." Katie said and walked up to Lina.

"Yeah, he hasn't been that talkative about you." She said and looked over at Tom.

"So, your lunch guests were your ex wife and my half sister." Lina said.

"Oh, please don't be upset with him, I was the one requesting the lunch." Katie said.

"You, shush." Lina said and she took a step back.

"I was going to tell you, tonight." Tom said.

"Oh great, I'll come back later and you can tell me all about it." She said sassily.

"She takes after you." Katie mumbled to Tom who nodded.

"Yep." He mumbled.

"Lina, come on, sit down." He said and gestured towards the table. I gently put my hand on her back moving her forward.

"Don't think, just do." I mumbled and she sent me a glare.

"I just want to-" She said but I cut her off.

"No threats." I said.

"He's just a guy trying to make amends, just like he did with you." I whispered.

"He sure knows how to piss people off." She mumbled.

"And so do you." I said and she gave me another glare and we sat down by the table.

"Coffee?" Tom asked and I nodded and he poured up a cup.

"Lina?" He asked and she was just sitting there, leaned back in her seat, arms crossed, and holding an intense glare at Tom.

"She would love some." I said answering for her and he smiled hesitantly.

"Tom said you were out looking at houses." Katie said kindly.

"Yeah, we did." I said.

"Found anything interesting?" She asked taking a sip out of her coffee.

"Ehm, yeah, actually." I said and looked over at Lina who was still staring at Tom.

"We actually put down a bid." I said and Tom looked away from Lina with a surprised look.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded with a small smile.

"Honey, you want to show them the pictures?" I asked and I realised the second after I finished the question that I had made a mistake, talking or asking Lina any questions when she was pissed off would only lead to her clapping back.

"I rather not." She said and I nodded, I did know better than to ask her questions when she was pissed off.

"Okay, enough with this staring contest." Katie said and put down her cup, still, Lina did not take her eyes off her dad.

"I understand you are disappointed that he didn't tell you we were coming but it was a last minute thing." She said and Lina let out a scoff while smirking, still staring.

"You are so wrong." She said and Katie looked confused, Tom not so much.

"If I know him right, and I think I do, he has been reaching out for a much longer time than the last minute. I don't think you would forgive him that quickly." She said and Katie almost looked shocked.

"She is good." I said and she nodded.

"And if he wanted to do the right thing, he would've told me because I'm his daughter and this kind of concerns me too since that is apparently my half sister I've never met and barely knew existed until I was a teenager." Lina said.

"But it's just classic Tom Cruise, not telling people what he is up to even though it concerns them." She said and I looked down at the ground, she should not have said that. Tom is a patient guy, he is, in many ways and situations, when it comes to his daughter, not so much. Lina is quite the explosive person and she says what comes to her mind and what she thinks, she is not afraid to voice her opinion no matter how unpopular it is, and so is Tom. Both of them are explosive, opinionated, and sometimes don't understand the consequences of their actions.

"Says the person who took off to Baghdad for 7 months without a word." He clapped back and I pulled in my lips as I knew that comment was like a slap in her face.

"You were in Baghdad? That's so cool." Suri said and Lina raised her eyebrow.

"You've never watched the news haven't you? Only seen, like what? A few war movie from Baghdad?" Lina asked looking at Suri who just nodded.

"Educate your daughter." She said simply to Katie.

"Suri, honey, it's nothing like the movies." Tom said and Lina scoffed with a smirk.

"To say the least." She mumbled.

"Suri, why don't we go and put on some more coffee." Katie said and the two of them walked inside.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Tom said and Lina looked down at the ground.

"Katie hasn't been this positive about me being in Suri's life for a very long time. I can't pass on that opportunity. I never wanted to be distant with my kids and I'm trying to make amends for my wrongdoings." He said and I looked over at Lina.

"She is after all your half sister." He said and she sighed.

"How about my other supposed siblings?" She asked.

"I'm not dumb dad, I don't live under a rock. I know you see them, I know you have a relationship with them, with Suri as well. I see the paparazzi photos, I've seen them my entire life. But do you know what I didn't see?" She asked.

"Paparazzi photos of me and you." She said and he sighed.

"I'm glad you are trying to undo your wrongdoings or whatever. I've never said you shouldn't. But for once I thought you had changed and wanted me to be apart of it. Not hiding me like you've done my entire life. You've had no problem being seen out with your other kids but I was in the Navy when people started connecting the dots. And the public would still probably don't know about my existence if it wasn't for one of my classmates who mentioned it in a news article." She said.

"And here we are again, too ashamed to mention my half sister was coming, too ashamed to ask me if I wanted to be here, too goddamn ashamed to let me meet her." She said as she got more and more upset.

"I'm not ashamed of you." He said and she let out a scoff.

"I'm ashamed of myself." He said and looked down at the ground.

"I've made a lot of mistakes with your siblings but it doesn't come near the mistakes I did to you. I seemed to always make a mess whenever I was near you and your mom. Things always got worse when I was around." He said.

"I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, you were a handful when you were a kid. And I tried to help out but you seemed to get more explosive when I was around." He said.

"I'm not blaming my mistakes on you but I'm just saying that things were calmer when I wasn't there." He said.

"And it's that how it is with Suri too?" She asked.

"No, she takes more after Katie. Lina, out of all my kids, you are the one who is a spitting image of me. I see so much of me in you. Things you say, things you do, how you take on risks and situations." He said.

"It was hard to be a dad when I saw so much of me in you. It terrified me. You were always the kid who jumped from the highest trampoline at the water park. Always the first one to volunteer for things no one else wanted to do. Always the one who tackled everyone down on the soccer field. You were fearless. It scared the shit out of me because I was afraid you were going to turn out like me." He said.

"A pathetic and brainless idiot." She said and he chuckled.

"Yeah." He said and she smiled softly.

"Hey." He said softly and she looked up at him.

"Can you please give this a chance? If not for me then for yourself." He said and she nodded slowly.

"Thank you." He said with a small smile. Katie and Suri came out a few minutes later with a fresh pot of coffee and I took Lina some time to warm up to the strangers that apparently was a part of her family. But I could see she was trying her absolute best for her dad's sake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9K 1.6K 60
"You keep drawing me back like a sailor to a siren's call."
10.2K 182 17
Sienna Mitchell, whose father is the one and only Pete Mitchell, the rebellious pilot who made his name well known. But he makes it hard to keep a re...
934 26 7
Book 1 of the "Songbird" series Bradley and Delilah have been best friends for as long as they can remember, especially since their dads work togethe...
72K 1K 16
june mitchell, call sign 'hawk' has always wanted to follow her father, pete 'maverick' mitchell, into the navy. she goes to top gun with a family fr...