Top Gun: Maverick | Miles Tel...

By fresh_avacado

Lieutenant Lina Cruise, callsign Maverick. Daughter of the fearless actor Tom Cruises ended up just as advent... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96

40

388 8 2
By fresh_avacado

milesteller: Christmas with the Cruise's 🎄
tagged: linacruise, tomcruise

96.8K likes

user1: omg omg omg

user2: aw they are celebrating Christmas together!

user3: why aren't they with Miles's family? 🤔
|
user4: because it's non of our business 🤷🏼‍♀️

monicabarbaro: merry Christmas 🎅🏼

user5: I feel like she is isolated Miles by being just with her dad on Christmas
|
user6: they spent like legit two three weeks with his family, I think it's okay to spend a few days with her dad ass hole

glenpowell: Merry Christmas you guys, miss you a ton 🎄🎅🏼

user7: imagine spending Christmas with Tom Cruise

chasecrawford: merry xmas!

zacefron: happy holidays you guys🎄

user8: I want their life like right now😭😭😭
|
user9: I don't think you want to be with an a fighter pilot, they have PTSD 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

user10: MERRY CHRISTMAS MILES❤️

user11: my only wish is that he would fuck me
|
user12: You are on Santa's naughty list 🤦🏼‍♀️

lewispullman: merry Christmas 🎄

linacruise: merry christmas my love❤️

___________________________

MILES'S POV

Christmas with the Cruise's. Never thought I would spend the holiday with the legend himself. But here I was. After this crazy year both Lina and I wanted a mellow Christmas. No fuss. And after spending a few weeks with my family we thought I was a good idea to spend Christmas with Tom. Honestly, I think Lina felt bad he was going to be all alone. And I really didn't mind some peace and quiet. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in pyjamas, watching Christmas movies, playing board games, drinking cocktails and eating takeout. Nothing fancy. Just three people enjoying each other's company by the fireplace. And now it was time to get out of our pyjamas and get our fancy outfits on. It was Christmas party time. The Top Gun crew was coming, Chase, Zac, Michael and Sheilene was coming. And to my surprise, Lina had invited a two of her colleagues, Hurricane and Thor was coming. She is still shattered from Blaze's death and I think she feels a little responsible for it. She is the team leader. She is responsible for her fellow aviators up in the air. And I knew her conscious would feel a little better inviting Hurricane and Thor who also were there when it happened.

"Wow." I said as I walked into the bedroom to see her standing there in a spaghetti strap black maxi dress with her hair neatly curled. She turned her head and smiled at me.

"You like it?" She asked and looked back into the mirror. I walked up to her and kissed the side of her neck.

"I will like it even better when I take off you later tonight." I mumbled as I placed light kisses on her neck making her smile.

"Easy there tiger." She said and I smiled as I continued kissing her neck.

"You look beautiful, my love." I said and our eyes met in the mirror.

"Absolutely stunning." I said and she blushed. I placed my arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.

"I think our guests have arrived." I said as we heard the doorbell ring. She turned around and put her arms around my neck.

"They can wait a few seconds." She said and gently placed her lips on mine and they moved in sync. I moved my hands up to her jaw as she lowered her arms down onto my forearms.

"I love you." I said as we pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you too." She said with a small smile.

"God, you drive me crazy." I mumbled with a wide smile and she smirked.

"It's one of my superpowers." She said and I let out a chuckle.

"Come on beautiful creature, let's let our guests in." I said and we walked out the bedroom hand in hand to see Tom walk downstairs buttoning his cufflinks.

"Look at you, dad. Shaved and everything." Lina said with a smile and Tom let out a chuckle.

"Yeah, I try." He said and we walked over to the door and let our friends in. After greeting everyone we ended up in the living room, everyone grabbing a drink and Lina put on some music. After having numerous conversations with everyone, and two drinks each at least the door bell rang again. I watched Lina put her drink down and walk over. She looked so gracious, beautiful. She opened the door to reveal Hurricane and Thor, both shaped up pretty nicely in tuxedos.

"Come on in." She said and closed the door behind them and I made my way over.

"Lina, you look nice." Hurricane said as he hugged her lightly.

"Glad you could join us." I said in a somewhat sarcastic tone. I didn't mean to but this guy has his past and I can't turn my head to that. He was still an asshole.

"We had nothing better to do." He said with that sarcastic smirk. There was no doubt that he was the real version of Hangman.

"Look who the devil dragged in, the less handsome Hangman." Glen said with just as a sarcastic smirk as Hurricane.

"Glen, always good to see you." Hurricane said sarcastically and Glen let out a laugh.

"I know." He said confidently and I could see Lina trying not to laugh.

"A dick as always, some things never change." Hurricane said.

"Like the numbers of your kills. Never change." Glen said and my eyes went wide. Jesus Christ.

"Always a pleasure talking to you, Glen." Hurricane said and moved past us. I secretly gave Glen a fist bump and he chuckled.

"So fun teasing that guy, he's such an easy target." He said and we chuckled.

"How can you trust him in the air?" Glen asked Lina as he shook his head.

"The mystery of the year." She said and I chuckled.

"Come on, Glenny, let's get you another drink." She said and they went over to the drink table and popped open another beer.

"Surprised to see him here." Monica said, referring to Hurricane.

"Yeah." I said.

"Thought Lina hated his guts." She said and I nodded.

"She does." I said.

"So why invite him?" She asked as she took a sip of her beer.

"I think she feels bad." I said.

"For him?" She asked, furrowing her brows.

"No, for what happened to Blaze. She think she feels responsible." I said.

"And what does he have to do with it?" She asked.

"Blaze was his best friend." I said and it dawned on her. She understood why he was here.

"She takes the fall for it even though she couldn't do anything about it." She said and I nodded as I took another sip.

"Yep." I said.

"That's a lot of pressure." She said and I nodded.

"Yep." I said.

"And now we have to put up with Hurricane." She said.

"Yep." I said.

"You know, you are quite marvellous for doing that for her, I wouldn't be able to." She said and I chuckled.

"You wait and see, Mon. Love makes you do crazy things." I said and she chuckled.

"I guess so." She said.

"Can we mess with him or is too insensitive?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Glen already has." I said and she smirked an evil smirk.

"I don't like that look." I said.

"Hey Hurricane!" She said and he turned around and walked up to us, Glen's eyes staring like a hawk.

"What?" He asked.

"How's dad life?" She asked and I licked my lips with a cheeky smile as his eyes widened and he looked over at Lina who shrugged her shoulders and he looked back at me and Monica.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"How's dad life?" She asked.

"Is it a boy or girl?" She asked and he was speechless.

"Girl." He said still shocked that she knew about it.

"Good luck with that. We girls tend to be quite a handful. Mood swings, periods, emotional, PMS, boys who breaks our hearts and takes our virginity, It's going to be fuuun." She said and patted his shoulders as she walked away and I could see Lina and Glen try not to bend over backwards of laughing.

"She told you." Hurricane said and I nodded as I took another sip.

"Haven't laughed like that in a long time, so thank you." I said and patted his shoulder as well before walking over to my girl.

"That was mean." She said with a wide smile and I kissed her cheek.

"Just having some fun." I said and she chuckled.

"Try to be a little nicer though, he is still our guest." She said and I nodded.

"Yes, dear." I said and kissed the side of her head. I looked over at Hurricane, he still looked shocked from the conversation. Almost a little panicked. I almost felt sorry for the guy. I knew his type of personality, it's not uncommon in the acting industry. Independent, confident, arrogant, self centred, smart, cocky, can take care of himself, don't need anyone else. And I bet something like this would throw him off his game. Make him sensitive and off balance. It can't be easy for this guy. I assume he never wanted to become a father, work is his life, it's who he is. He's a fighter pilot and that's it. He lives off of his work. Not a family man. I kissed Lina on the cheek, grabbed my drink and another glass of whiskey and walked back over to him.

"Here." I said and gave him the extra glass of whiskey.

"Thanks." He said.

"Hey, I'm sorry for the joke. We can be quite insensitive sometimes." I said and he let out a chuckle.

"Yeah, well I'm not innocent either." He said and I chuckled.

"No but for real, Lina told me how nice you've been towards her. I really appreciate it." I said and he nodded.

"Well, she is sort of the only person who seems to be able to put up with me lately so." He said and I smiled softly.

"She is pretty patient, and thick skinned." I said and he chuckled.

"She got some balls." He said and I chuckled as I took another sip of my whiskey.

"But for real though, how are you doing? I bet it can't be easy right now." I asked and he let out a big sigh.

"Nah, not really. This whole baby thing is twisting my balls." He said.

"Where do you stand in this whole thing? You gonna be a part of it all or are you off the hook?" I asked.

"She says I'm off the hook if I want to." He said and I nodded.

"Do you want to?" I asked.

"Don't know, I mean, it's a baby. I don't know shit about taking care of a baby, let along raise it." He said.

"But it's still my kid." He added and I nodded.

"Hard to just let go." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah, kind of." He said with a nod.

"I've hated your guts, Hurricane, gotta be honest, you've been an ass. But if Lina is willing to put up with you, then so am I. I have a niece and a nephew, I have some knowledge about taking care of kids. If you need some support, just you know, give us a call." I said and he nodded.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." He said and I smiled softly.

"I'm not gonna bother you anymore, enjoy the party." I said.

"Hey, Rooster." He said and I chuckled.

"Yeah." I said.

"You are a good guy, Lina is lucky to have you." He said and I smiled softly.

"Thank you." I said and walked back over to my girl and kissed her cheek.

"What were you two talking about?" She asked.

"Just declaring a ceasefire." I said and she furrowed her brows.

"A ceasefire?" She asked.

"With Hurricane?" She asked and I nodded.

"Oh my lord." She said and took a sip out of her drink making me chuckle. Suddenly her phone started buzzing so she put down her drink and answered the call.

"Hey, it's Lina." She said and suddenly her faced turned serious.

"Chief." She said and everyone turned their heads as she started walking towards the patio door. I quickly followed her. Wtf?

"Okay." She said. Just put the dude on speakers for crying out loud! I want to hear.

"Yes, sir." She said.

"I'm available, sir." She said and I closed my eyes knowing very well what was happening.

"Yes, sir. We're on our way." She said and hung up.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Four bogeys been spotted on the radar." She said and hurried inside.

"Hurricane! Thor! Let's go." She said and waved them over as she walked through the door and they followed her. I walked inside, still shocked.

"What happened?" Lewis asked.

"Four bogeys were spotted on the radar." I said.

"Oh shit." Monica said.

"Should we follow them?" She asked.

"We don't have access to the Top Gun facility." I said.

"Tom has." She said and we all turned around and looked at him.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go." I asked.

"Hold on for a minute, I have to be the grown up here." He said.

"We aren't aviators, we aren't in the Navy. We have no business being there disturbing them." He said.

"It's Lina." I said.

"Yeah, I know. Believe me. But there, she isn't Lina. She is Captain Cruise, she is Maverick. And she has a job to do. We don't. Just because we did Top Gun doesn't mean we have the rights to walk in and out as we please." He said.

"That is her job, and we being there won't make it any easier. And if I'm not wrong, which I rarely am." He said.

"We will see plenty of by just looking up in the air. The facility is literally like across the street." He said and I sighed.

"Who says the bogeys will even fly over here? They can be forty minutes from here." I said.

"Doesn't matter." He said.

"Come on, Tom." I said and he sighed and walked up to me.

"I said no. I'm not using my privileges for pleasure." He said and walked out of the living room.

"Fuck." I mumbled. He came back a few minutes later and put a big ass radio on the coffee table.

"What the hell is that?" Monica asked.

"Did you steal that from the museum or something?" Glen asked and he smirked.

"No, but from the set." He said and I chuckled and we all sat down around the coffee table.

"With a little luck, we maybe will be able to get on the right channel." He mumbled as he was fiddling with the buttons for a few minutes.

"Come on." He mumbled.

"Dagger 1 to Comms, audio check." We heard Lina's voice crackling through the radio.

"That's what I'm talking about." Tom said happily.

"Dagger 1, audio check clear." The ATC said.

"System check clear." She said.

"Starting the engines." She said.

"Dagger 1, ready for takeoff." She said.

"Dagger 2, ready for takeoff." Hurricane said.

"Dagger 3, ready for takeoff." Blaze said.

"Dagger 4, ready for takeoff." Her other colleague Fox said.

"All daggers, clear for takeoff." The ATC said and we could hear the sounds from the engines as they were rolling out on the runway.

"Alright, boys, let's buggy this. Ha, see what I did there?" She said and we all chuckled.

"Yeah, very funny Maverick, bogey, buggy." Hurricane said and she chuckled.

"So cranky." She said and then there was a moment of silence and I put my hands up to my mouth.

"Dagger 1, away." The ATC said.

"Dagger 2, away."

"Dagger 3, away."

"Dagger 4, away."

"Dagger 1, comms, picture?" Lina asked.

"Dagger 1, picture clean." The ATC said.

"Five minutes until encountering." The ATC said.

"How fast aren't they flying?" Chase asked and we all chuckled.

"Probably in between 600-800 knots." Tom said.

"So between 1,100-1,400 miles per hour." He added and both Chase's, Zac's, Michael's and Sheilene's eyes widened.

"Holy shit." Zac said and we all nodded while chuckling.

"Fast as fuck, bro." Chase said.

"Dagger 1, bogeys in sight." She said and I felt my heartbeat race and my pulse rise.

"Alright, boys, let's show these slap-dicks why not to mess with bloody America." She said and we chuckled.

"Approaching the bogeys, preparing for intercourse, sexual of course." She said and we chuckled again.

"Alright, let's turn and burn." She mumbled.

"Come on, Lina. You know what to do." Tom mumbled.

"Hurricane, take that mothafucking asswitt on my right!" She said panting and we could hear guns fire.

"On it!" He said.

"Fox, where are you!?" Blaze said.

"Right behind you, Blaze. Don't worry." Fox said.

"What are these guys made of?" Lina asked and we could hear her struggling.

"I got missile lock!" Hurricane said.

"Launching missile." He said.

"Get the hell over here! Get this guy off my back!" Lina said and I felt myself breathing heavily.

"Smashed and crashed!" Hurricane said happily.

"That's great, I'll buy you a popsicle if you get this twat off my ass!" She said.

"On my way." He said.

"Bullseye!" Fox said.

"Mav, go low!" Hurricane said.

"Come on, get a missile lock." I mumbled.

"What's a missile lock?" Sheilene asked.

"It means that they assume that once the missile has been locked onto the target, it will actually hit the target after firing." Tom explained.

"And then what?" She asked.

"The jet explodes." I said and her eyes widened.

"Holy shit." She mumbled.

"Hurricane! Where the fuck are you?!" She shouted.

"Fuck! He got a missile lock on me!" She shouted and my head shot up. No. No. No. No. No.

"Hitting the flares." She said and I could hear how distressed she was.

"Holy shit that was close." She said and I took a breath of relief.

"Here he comes again." She said.

"Bullseye!" Blaze said with a laugh.

"Great, now help me get this fucking retard off my bloody ass before I become bullseye!" She said.

"I'm all out of rounds!" Fox said and I buried my face in my lap.

"Come on, come on, come on." I mumbled.

"He's got missile lock on me again! Guys, where the fuck are you!?" She shouted and I put my hands on the back of my head.

"Do some of that pilot shit, Lina." Glen mumbled.

"Fuck!" She said and then she went silent.

"Dagger 1 is hit!" Hurricane said and my head shot up.

"I repeat! Dagger 1 is hit!" He shouted and we all stood up and looked at each other.

"I got missile lock!" Blaze said.

"Launching missile." He said.

"I didn't see a parachute." Hurricane said and I closed my eyes.

"Come on, Lina." Tom mumbled.

"Bullseye." Blaze said.

"Launch search and rescue!" Hurricane said.

"All Daggers return to base." The ATC said.

"I'm going after Maverick." Blaze said.

"Negative. We are launching search and rescue." The ATC said.

"I fucking don't care about your goddamn prude look on your privileges, you are getting us into the facility." I said firmly to Tom.

"Let's go." He just said.

"I'm coming with you." Glen said.

"Aren't we all?" Lewis said.

"No." Tom said and we walked out to the car and sat down and suddenly the car door opened and Monica hopped in.

"I'm not letting you three aggressive and explosive dudes walk into Top Gun alone, you are getting yourselves thrown out." She said and closed the door and we took off.

Tom barely had time to park the car before we all were out. We jogged into the facility with shocked faces looking at us as we walked the hallway. Tom bursted into the Chief's office.

"Where is my daughter?" Tom asked firmly.

"Why the hell are you here?" The Chief asked.

"You are not the one who is supposed to ask any questions! Where is my daughter?" Tom shouted.

"No! You walked in here! On a property you have no right to be at!" The chief said loudly and stood up from his desk.

"That does not answer my question." Tom said and looked him deadly in the eyes.

"You will get a call." He said.

"No, you will tell me." Tom said and he sighed.

"We don't know yet." He said.

"What do you mean you don't know!? You have trackers in their fucking flight gear!" Tom shouted.

"We lost contact with the tracker." He said and I closed my eyes. Fuck. I felt Glen put his hand on my shoulder.

"We have launched search and rescue. They will let us know." He said and Tom pushed past us and walked out and we hurried after him as he made his way out to the runway. We saw Hurricane, Fox and Blaze get out of their jets.

"You three!" Tom shouted as they climbed down to solid ground. I looked at Hurricane and a wave of anger hit me. I jogged up to Tom and him and I saw the same thing, black.

"Tom, Rooster." Hurricane said and I pushed him.

"She trusted you! She trusted you up there! Where the hell were you?!" I shouted angrily as he stood straight again and I pushed him again.

"Rooster." He said.

"Are you that arrogant!? You leave your colleague to die!?" I shouted.

"Miles." Glen said as he put his hand on my arm and I pushed him away.

"If she dies, is on you." I said and Hurricane sighed.

"She trusted you!" I shouted.

"You are her wingman! And you left her hanging, you piece of shit!" I shouted as I punched him in the face so he fell onto his back and I jumped on him and kept on punching his face.

"Miles! It's enough!" Tom shouted as he and Glen pulled me off Hurricane, Glen sent him a glare as he held his hand over his bleeding nose.

"It won't help Lina." Glen said and looked me in the eyes.

"It won't help her." He repeated.

"Let's go." Tom said firmly and sent the three assholes a death glare. I got out of their grip as we walked back into the facility. We walked into the cafeteria and it gave me flashbacks from the training program. From the first time Lina ate lunch with us. I sat down on the couch as Monica got me an ice pack for my hand.

"Remember our first actual conversation with her?" I asked with a small, hurting smile.

"Yeah." Monica said.

"We asked her about Mission Valley and if it was true that it was an actual mission that had happened." She said and I nodded.

"And she told us she had flown it, that she was the team leader and we all were absolutely flabbergasted." Glen said and I let out a chuckle.

"And your dumbass asked her if she were allowed to drink beer." I said and he chuckled.

"Yeah, and if we were allowed to drink beer." Monica added and I nodded with a chuckle.

"I knew she was the one, from the first day." I said and looked down at the floor trying to hold my tears back.

"I knew we would end up together, one way of another." I said.

"We all knew." Monica said and I nodded with a painful facial expression. I looked up and over at Tom who was sitting at the bar counter with his face in his hands and I walked over to him and sat down.

"Right when she actually wants me in her life, something like this happens." He mumbled.

"We can't talk about her like she is dead, we don't know." I said and he sighed.

"They didn't see a parachute." He said.

"She still could've ejected in time." I said trying to be optimistic.

"They've found her." We heard the chief say and we all looked over to see him standing in the doorway.

"She is alive." He said and we took a breath of relief.

"She refuses to go to the hospital, she says she feels fine." He said and Tom and I looked at each other and then at Glen and Monica and we all chuckled.

"Sounds like, Lina." Tom said with a relieving smile.

"They are on their way back." He said and we nodded.

"Is she made out of some super human material? That woman is immortal." Glen asked and we all laughed.

We walked out in the hallway and heard the helicopter landing on the runway. My heart was pounding. We saw someone help her out. I couldn't really see anything more than that I was her. She was too far away. The chief walked over to her and gestured towards us and she looked over. She limped over and the closer she got the more we could see, she was covered in sot, dirt and blood. Her hair was messy and well, she did not look happy.

"Wtf are you guys doing!? Huh!?" She shouted. Shit. We were in trouble. I was honestly more scared of her anger than the Chief of Top Gun.

"Are you absolutely insane!?" She shouted as she got closer and closer.

"And you!?" She shouted and pointed at me.

"Breaking Hurricane's nose! You fucking twat!" She shouted.

"I could just run you over!" She shouted angrily.

"Are you okay?" Tom asked and she looked over at him like he was the dumbest fucking creature on this planet.

"Am I okay? Really? You fucking cardboard box." She said and I looked back at Glen who was trying to contain his laughter.

"What are you laughing at!?" She asked with a straight face making him drop his smile.

"I got hit by a missile. My jets ass exploded. Had to wait in the goddamn forest for that idiot helicopter looking like roadkill!" She shouted.

"Get the hell out of my sight before I run you over with a fucking super hornet!" She shouted and limped past us into the locker rooms.

"Well, at least she is fine." Glen said.

"Yep, that is Maverick." I said and we all chuckled.

I was just relieved she wasn't being carried out of that helicopter in a body bag.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 1.2K 22
You know with Captain Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell, nothing is ever going to be dull... Finley Austen is a friend from Bradley's flight school days and k...
4K 70 10
𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 , daughter of Peter "Maverick" Michell. Top of her class in pilot school yet not following in her father's footsteps, but...
72.7K 1K 16
june mitchell, call sign 'hawk' has always wanted to follow her father, pete 'maverick' mitchell, into the navy. she goes to top gun with a family fr...
37K 577 18
After graduating top of her class at Top Gun. Lt. Savannah 'Skylar' Kazansky got deployed to the Bering Sea. Leaving her family and friends behind. F...