Run Over (Demi Lovato FanFic)

By _syd__lovatic_

What happens when Demi accidentally hits runaway foster child delinquent Jordan? More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
A brand new day

Chapter 42

1K 21 2
By _syd__lovatic_

Saturday August 4 6:45 in the morning.
JORDAN'S POV
"Jordan wake up." Mom whispers.
"Ugh! But it's Saturday, why so early?" I mumble.
"Because Dad and I have a meeting, and I need to practice for the concert."
I sit up and yawn. Opening my eyes to Meadow still sleeping. "How come she's still sleeping?"
"Because she's easy to wake up. Took me twenty minutes to get you up."
"Can't we just stay home?"
"No. No one is here to watch you."
"Mom I'm almost fifteen I can watch myself and Meadow."
"Maybe next time. Now please get in the shower."
"Okay, Mom?"
"Hhm?"
"I really am sorry."
"I know, I'm not mad at you. I love you."
"Love you too."
I leave my parents room, just as I hear Mom say, "Meadow, hey baby, wake up."
"Good morning, Mommy."
I walk  into my room and start the shower. While it warms up I pick out my outfit then in the shower. When I get out. Meadow's in my room in shorts, a tank top and hair wet. "You want me to do your hair?"
"Yes. Will you help me pick out an outfit too, I wanna twin with you."
"Okay, let me get dressed."
I've gotten dressed in front of her plenty of times. I turn and put on my underwear and bra then turn back to my bed. "Jordan? What are all those lines?"
"Uh, um..."
"Battle wounds." Mom says walking in the door.
"I don't get it?" She states so innocently. "What battle?"
"Baby, it's a battle that Jordan has with herself. You want know what those little lines mean?"
"What?" She asks as I continue to get dressed.
"That she's winning, if you ever see red ones, kiss them and make sure she knows you love her, then you get me or Dad. "
"Okay, Mommy."
"Breakfast is ready. Hurry and get dressed we need to leave soon."
I nod and so does Meadow. Mom follows Meadow and I out of my room. "Hey, Mom,  thank you.".
"Anytime sweetheart."
I go into Meadow's room and pick a black pair of leggings, her white converse and a crop top blue like mine but her'a says 'Daddy's Girl' on it. She gets dressed and sits on the floor. "Braid, into a bun?"
"Yes, can I do your hair?"
I hesitate, "y-yeah. sure."
I do her hair first. "Thank you! I love it! I love you!"
"I love you too."
"Your turn." I sit on the floor.
She brushes my hair and thinks, for about two minutes then Mom yells, "HURRY! FOODS GETTING COLD."
"OKAY! COMING!" Meadow and I yell at the same time. She take my banks and leaves them out, then braids my hair, and twists it into a bun, then brushes out my bangs. "Ow, you're brushing my face."
She giggles, "Sorry. All done."
I look in the mirror. "Wow, thanks, I love it."
"Your welcome, let's go eat."
We go down to the kitchen. I make my plate with a tiny bit of scrabbled eggs and a strip of bacon. Then I fill the rest of my plate full of fruit and get a cup of yogurt out of the fridge. Mom looks at my plate and shakes her head. "You're eating all of that and lunch, understand."
"Okay."
I eat with no problem. "Jordan, you need to get your school work, and grab some paper and colored pencils for Meadow. We will be in the car waiting, hurry." I do as I'm told. I meet them in the car. We drive. Then we pull into the courthouse.
"Why are we here?" I ask nervously.
"We need to pick some papers up. You two wait in the car."
Mom and Dad get out and come back in five minutes. We drive to the venue and walk in, it's huge. "Mom, can I call Corrbin and have him practice with me."
"Yeah. Only Corrbin, I'll let Max know he is coming and he will let him in."
"Okay thanks." Mom hands me my phone.
I listen to it ring twice, "Hello."
"Hey babe, can you come to the staple center, we can practice the dance."
"Okay, my mom will drop me off, I'll me there in an hour."
"Okay bye."
We enter a room with tables. "DEMI!" A group of girls yell. I cover my ears and bury my head into Dad. Meadow practically jumps into Dad's arms.
Dad pulls one of my hands away from my ear, "Hey. It's okay, it's just the Fifth Harmony girls." I uncover my ears, but still hide my face.
"Hey girls." Mom says they all hug her.
"Which one is your daughter?" One of them asks.
"Both."
"Omg." They all gasps. "Hi guys, I'm Dinah. What's your name. I'm sorry we scared you." I lift my head.
"I'm Meadow, and that's Jordan."
"Hi." All them say.
I wave, "Okay, we all have a meeting Jordan you're in charge. There's a speaker right over there, plug in your music. Jordan do your homework. Meadow, you can draw. We should be back in an hour. Max will bring Corrbin here, you can have anything in the fridge." I nod.
"Okay, mommy." Meadow says. I sit at a table and pull out my homework. Meadow sits next to me. I do math first. It takes about half an hour. "Jordan?"
"Yeah."
"Why do you do that?" Meadow asks.
"Do what?"
"Why do you get so scared of people?"
"Because I don't like change, I don't like people. They scare me, especially when they are loud. Why do you care?"
"I don't know just wondering, I guess."
"Meadow, you know I'm just like that. I have to finish my homework. Leave me alone."
"Fine." She gets up and goes to the corner. "You're mean and I don't like you." she whispers.
I fight back tears and do my reading and answer the questions. As I finish I think about what Meadow said. I start to cry, just as the door swings open and noise fills the room. I lay my head on the table and try to contain myself. I feel someone pull out the chair next to me. "Did you finish your homework?" Mom asks.
I lift my head and sniffle, "yes."
She lefts my head with two fingers so I'm looking at her, "what's wrong."
"Nothing. It's nothing." I tell her wiping my face.
"That's not what those tears tell me."
"I'm not a good sister." I mumble.
"No, never say that you're the best sister ever."
"Meadow doesn't think so."
"Yes she does."
"Hey Demi were going for a coffee run, you wanna come?" One of them fifth harmony girls says.
"Yeah sure. Jordan you wanna come?"
"No, I'm going to wait for Corrbin."
"Okay, Meadow come on."
Mom and the girls leave. "Hey, let's go to the stage and practice our song before they get back." Dad says.
"Okay."
We go to the stage, it's huge. "Hey Aaron start 'Avalanche'." Dad says handing me a microphone.
The music starts. It's loud, I flinch slightly, Dad and I sing.
"Wow, baby-girl you are amazing."
"Thanks, Daddy."
Then someone claps and yells, "That's my girlfriend!"
I giggle and jump off the stage and run to him. We kiss. "Hey!" Dad yells in the microphone. We jump apart.
"Awe!" A chorus screams.
I giggle again and blush. I grab Corrbins hand, "You still remember the dance right?"
"Yes." He says.
Mom and the girls walk up to us, "Hey, sorry for not saying anything earlier. I'm a little shy, as some might say. You know my name. This is my boyfriend Corrbin. Corrbin this Fifth Harmony."
"Oh I know, Camila, Dinah, Lauren, Normani and Ally." Corrbin says.
"Okay, well everyone knows each other, practice time."
"Okay. You guys gonna dance first to the cd version or to my live singing?"
"Live." I say.
Mom pulls me off to the side, "Hey Jordan I want you to do a dance with Meadow too." She whispers.
"AWESOME!" I sing. "Any songs in mind?"
"That's up to you two."
"Mommy? When are you gonna sing?" Meadow asks.
"Right now baby the band is done setting up."
Mom gets up on stage. She begins with 'Really Don't Care.' Meadow jumps up and down.
Corrbin and I sit on the floor and snuggle. He combs his fingers through my hair. "How was court?"
"Bad. I passed out. Then had to stay awake for forty eight hours because of the stupid concussion and I got in trouble."
"I'm so sorry."
"Yeah, it's okay you're here now."
"Hey, what song are you too dancing to?"
"'In Case'." I shout.
"Well, let's see this dance."
We get up on the stage. She starts singing and Corrbin and I start sitting apart from eachother. I start by standing and do a back hand spring to him, pulling him up. We dance after each other. Eventually we end up holding each other.
"Yeah! That's my sister! DINAH! Did you see my sister."
"Yeah, I did, she's amazing. DEMI SHE AND CORRBIN ARE GOING TO DANCE TO 'BETTER TOGETHER' FOR US."
I scream. "CORRBIN WE ARE DANCING FOR FIFTH HARMONY!"
He hug. We get off the stage. Meadow runs to me. "Jordan! I wanna dance to Jessie J."
"Mom can we do a song by Jessie J?"
"Yeah. Which one?"
"The one you did at competition."
"'Who's laughing now'!"
Mom laughs, "Yeah, I'll call on lunch break."
"Okay." Mom finishes her dances and songs. Then Fifth Harmony takes the stage. They sing 'reflection'. Then Dinah yells, "HEY JORDAN, CORRBIN IMPROVE TO 'BETTER TOGETHER'."
They start singing:
[Lauren:]
When we were together
We were just strangers
I was just playing around
So I didn't wanna work it out
No, I didn't wanna work it out
[Normani:]
Thought something was missing
Were we too different
Baby I'm a-looking back now
And I really should've worked it out
Yeah, I really should've worked it out
[Dinah:]
Because now that you're gone and I sleep alone
I can't help it, I want you back 'cause I...
[All:]
Boy I miss you, said I really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
Boy I miss you, said I really really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
[Camila:]
I'm watching you with her, thinking I had you
How was I ever so dumb?
Boy I should've known that you're the one
So, if it's not too late,
I just wanna know babe
[Normani:]
And tell me if we could still run
'Cause I finally know that you're the one
Yeah, I really know that you're the one
[Ally:]
Because now that you're gone and I sleep alone
I can't help it, I want you back 'cause I...
[All:]
Boy I miss you, said I really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
Boy I miss you, said I really really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
[Camila:]
And now that you're gone and I sleep alone
I can't help it, I want you back 'cause I
[All:]
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
Boy I miss you, said I really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
Boy I miss you, said I really really do, boy I miss you
Now I understand that we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together
We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better,
You know we're better together

When they finish, I burst into tears. It's aweful, Corbin and I aren't in sync. "Hey, what's wrong." Lauren asks.
I shake my head and run to the room we were in before and sit underneath the table and cry.
"Hey, baby what was that?" Dad asks.
"I want to go home."
"I can't leave you home alone."
"Why not I'm almost fifteen."
"I don't want you home alone."
"Then leave me alone." I snap.
"Here's your phone, only music."
"Fine."

MEADOW'S POV
"Mommy? Why'd Jordan start crying?"
"Yeah?" Corrbin and the rest of the girls asks.
"I don't know baby. Daddy went to talk to her."
Just then Dad walks in, "Daddy what's wrong with Jordan?"
"She wouldn't tell me. She wants to go home. She'll be fine."
"Hey, why don't you guys go get more coffee, then we can go out to lunch and talk." Dinah says.
"Yeah okay. Meadow let's go. " Mom says.
"No, I wanna stay with Dinah. Please."
She looks at Dinah, "It's cool with me."
Mom and dad leave. Camila, Dinah and I take a walk. "Is your name really Meadow or is it a nickname." Camila asks.
"My name is Meadow Alicia Clark."
"Awe man I wish I had a cool name like you."
"How old are you? Like 7 or 8?" She asks.
"I'm almost ten."
"Wow. You're so cute. How did you do that to your hair?"
"My sister did my hair and she let me do hers."
"Omg, you should do Camila's and my hair, the other girls will be so jealous." Dinah says.
"Sure." I braid their hair and we talk they're my favorite they're so funny.
"So how are you and Jordan related?" Camila asks.
"She's my sister."
"Biological?"
"I don't know what that means."
"It means you have the same Mom and Dad." She explains.
"Oh, well no. She saved me from our old foster mom. She bought me a phone, pays for my dance and she loves me a lot. That's what a sister does right?"
"Yes, you have a very good big sister." Camila tells me.
"I know." I start thinking about what I said to her earlier. I finish Dinah's hair."Can you take me to the room we were in before?"
"Of course." They take me. "Okay we are going to practice for a little we will be on the stage."
"Okay."
I open the door and Jordan is dancing. I walk up to her and tap her shoulder.
She jumps and screams. "Jesus fuck! You scared me." She whispers.
"Sorry." She takes out her headphones and sits down. "River, I'm sorry. I love you so much."
"I know, I love you too. I'm sorry, I've been so mean. Remember when I bought you the phone because I had to go back to my bad cousin." I nod. "Well he hurt me a lot, and he makes me angry. Sometimes I take it out on you. It's not fair and I know that."
"Jordan, I will always love you."
"Ditto."
"What's that mean?"
"It means same."
"Oh. Let's practice our dance. Plug your phone into the speaker."
"Okay, I'll teach you it first. We will probably change a few things. Just follow me. I'll go slow."
The music starts and she counts it out, "Five, six, seven, eight." The first bar we are just walking out on stage. We sit down. "We should have our legs off the edge of the stage." I say out loud.
Just as the lyrics start we hop up. Jordan shows me all the dance moves she does and then we go from the top, twice.
"Hey! I'll race you to Mommy." I challenge.
"Well, okay. Bye." She says running away.
She thinks she is faster than me. I have a lot of speed. Just as she rounds the corner I pass her. "Hey little squirt get back here!" She screams. I can feel her trying to grab me. I see dad. I begin to sprint even faster.
"Daddy, help she's trying to get me."
"Dad, don't you dare! She's mine." I sprint behind Dad and take the stage. I hear Jordan scream, "Dad stop! she cheated!" She laughs.
"No! I didn't! She's just mad cuz I'm faster than her!"
Just then I'm lefted up and thrown over a shoulder, "Hey! Put me down."
"Sorry, love." Mom says.
Mom places me down right in front of Dad who is holding Jordan like a baby. I laugh and she breaks free.
"You think this is funny?" She jumps on me and tickles me to the ground.
"Dinah help!" I scream. They are all laughing on the stage as Camila and Dinah run off to get me.
Dinah picks me up, and runs back on stage. Camila tickles Jordan screaming, "SAY UNCLE! "
"Never! Corrbin help!" Corrbin runs to her side and shields her from Camilla.
"Hey what's going on in here?" Someone yells and we all get silent.
"Max, it's fine just having a little fun." Mom says.
"Oh, I thought someone was dying... Carry on."
"Hey Meadow you wanna sing 'worth it with' us?"
"Yes!"
"Hey guys hit it!" Ally shouts and the band starts and    she hands me a microphone.
"Give it to I'm worth, uh uh I'm worth it." We all sing together. Normani sings first.
Then Dinah looks at me and nods. We both begin to sing together: "Just give me you just give me you, that's all I wanna do, and if what they say is true, if it's true I might convey to you. I may talk a lot of stuff guaranteed I back it up I think imma call you bluff, hurry up I'm waitin out front."
We let Camilla sing and we dance. And then sing all together again. When we finish everyone claps for me.
"Alright guys let's go get lunch." Mom says.
"Mommy can I ride with Dinah?"
"If she says it's okay."
"Dinah, can I ride with you guys?"
"Of course sweet heart."
"Mommy she said yes!" We go out to the cars and decide on panera.

JORDAN'S POV
"Can I get a salad and an apple, and half a grilled cheese."
"I'll get the same thing as her." Corrbin says.
We sit down with our food. I begin to eat. The door chimes and I look up. It's Paige and Sam. "Fuck." I whisper, ducking under the table.
"Jordan, what are you doing?" Dad asks.
"Look who just came in." I whisper.
"Oh shit. Jordan just get up and eat. Act like you didn't see them. Maybe they won't notice you." He says. I sit back down. I begin to sweat. I try to eat but I am shaking so bad I can't even hold my fork.
"I-I ha-ve to to go to the the the ba-bath-bathroom." I stutter and leave the table.
I go the the bathroom quickly and into the last stall I lock the door. I pull my knees up to my chest and start to cry. I quiet down when I here the door. I listen as all of the doors are slammed open. The person gets to the last stall and push on the door. "I know you're in here bitch." Paige says.
She crawls under the stall. I wipe my eyes. "You are a fucking liar." She says then spits on me.
"Please, just leave me alone." I whisper as I wipe my face.
"Make me." She says as she walks closer. I'm frozen. She slaps me. I yelp and begin to cry. "Oh, look at those tears, you fucking crying baby ass bitch."
"Please, leave me alone." I cry.
She punches me and I fall off the toilet. Then she kicks me. I lay on the floor and cry as she continues to hit me. She kicks me three more time then leaves. I lay on the floor and cry with my eyes closed, in a ball. I must have been in there a long time because mom comes in and finds me. "Hey, what happened?" She keeps asking but I'm crying so hard I begin to gag.
"Woah, come on breathe. I need to know what happened." I lean over the toilet and throw up.
The door opens again and it's Meadow this time. "Daddy, said to come see what was taking so long."
"Tell Daddy to call the police and tell him to make sure the bad people don't leave."
"What bad people?" She asks.
"Meadow please go tell Dad what I told you. Please. I'll explain later."She nods and runs out of door. Mom stands and tries to pick me but I push her away.
"I'm fine. Let's just go."
I walk out of the bathroom to a crowd of Fifth Harmony, Corrbin, Meadow, Dad, and an officer.
The officer speaks first, "Can you tell me what happened?" I look past him and I see Paige glare at me.
I look at the ground,"I-I f-fell."
"Why is there a hand print on your face?" He asks.
"I-I la-nded on my my hand." I whisper.
He looks at Mom. She grabs my hand and places it on the side of my face. "It's not even the same size of your hand. Tell the truth." Mom says.
"I fell, hon-honest."
"I'm sorry but Jordan I know that is not the truth. I know someone slapped you. Please, tell me the truth. I want to help you."
I burst in tears. "She slapped me, and hit me."
"Who?"
"Paige, over there, the girl that's talking to the other officer."
"I need you to tell me everything that happened."
I tell him everything. He nods and walks over to the other officer. They have her stand and they handcuff her. Sam stand and yells, "Hey! what the fuck are you doing? I'm calling her mother."
"You do that, sir." The officer says.
I sprint toward the door. Sam grabs me and throws me on the ground. "You little bitch!" He screams and raises his fist. I scream and try to turn away. Then he starts seizing, one of the officers tased him. He falls unconscious on top of me. I scream and scream till the officers lift him off me. I get up and run. I run until I reach the ocean. I run straight into the water until I am fully submerged. I scream all air out of my lungs. I go up for air and then sit in the bottom of the ocean. I close my eyes. I feel someone pull me up. "No!" I scream kicking as they pull me up to shore.
"Babe, what the hell are you doing you could have drowned." Corrbin screams over me. My parents are standing behind him.
"Why can't you just leave me alone? I hate this life. I hate everything. Don't fucking touch me."
"Baby, I love you. Please, don't say things like that." He says then he wraps me in a tight in his arms.
I hit his chest and cry, "I hate you! Let me go! Let me go! I hate you!"
"You don't mean that. I'll never let you go."
I step on his foot and he let's go of me and I run into the water again. I'm in there for about a minute before Dad comes and drags me out then carries me into the car. Corrbin's next to me, and wraps his arms around me as I cry. We get home and I get out of the car quickly and run to my room and lock the door. I lay on the bed and scream all the air out of me. Then I cry myself to sleep.
~~Six hour Time lapse~~
DEMI'S POV
We unlocked the door an hour after she locked her self in. She was asleep and Corrbin laid next her.
Meadow called me two hours later asking if she could stay with the Fifth Harmony girls. I said yes. They came and picked up her clothes.
Corrbin woke up and Nick took him home. He left about an hour ago, he was going to talk to Corrbin's mom and ask her about the tour. He just got home.
"Hey, babe Corrbin and his family are coming to dinner on Thursday. His mom wanted to talk to both of us about something."
"Okay cool, should we wake her up?"
"No. Let's just go to sleep and let her sleep."
We go to bed. It's a peaceful night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.6K 64
Meet Hailey-a quiet, 15 year old girl who has been an orphan her entire life. Hailey isn't like the other teenagers, in the orphanage; in the only ho...
95K 3.3K 21
Contains the original version of "Chances That You're Burning Through" [2014] and outtakes. ------------- Nobody knows of the daughter that Demi Lov...
7.9K 683 28
// BOOK FIVE // *CONTAINS SPOILERS* Less than a week after graduation, my girlfriend is in rehab and I've been thrown into the crazy and hectic world...
75.2K 1.8K 56
[WARNING: if u have a problem with graphics, about self harm/eating dissorders (anorexia, bulimia) this story is not for u. this contains graphic con...