The Tragedy of Walburga Black

By evervelvet

In which the untold story of Walburga Black unfolds. She was a witch before she was a wife, mother, and cruel... More

The Tragedy of Walburga Black
𝐀𝐂𝐓. 𝐈 ☆ 𝐂𝐡.𝟏
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐★
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑★
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎 ☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏 ☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓 ☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟖☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟗☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟐☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟑☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟔 ☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕 ☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟗☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟎☆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟏☆
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟑★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟒★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟓★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟔★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟕★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟖★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟗★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟎★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟏★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟐★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟑★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟒★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟓★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟔★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟕★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟖★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟗★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟎★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟏★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟐★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟑★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟒★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟓★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟔★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟕★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟖★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟗★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟎★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟏★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟐★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟑★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟒★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟓★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟔★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟕★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟖★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟗★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟎★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟏★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟐★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟑★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟒★
★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟓★
☆ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈𝐕 ☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟔☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟕☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟖☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟗☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟎☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟏☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟐☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟑☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟒☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟓☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟔☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟕☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟖☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝟗☆
☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐𝟎☆

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟐☆

119 5 0
By evervelvet

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟏 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

The healer worked tirelessly, casting countless charms and spells to mend the damage done to Walburga's womb.

She had been kind enough to help Walburga out of the tub once she had been cleaned up. "I would highly suggest you get some rest, though something tells me you won't rest until you hold your son."

Walburga nodded weakly, acknowledging the healer's advice. The exhaustion weighed heavily on her, but the thought of her newborn son kept her restless.

With her hair still dripping wet, she asked the healer to help her into a beige gown.

The healer assisted Walburga in changing into a more comfortable attire, ensuring she was warm and dry. As she settled into the beige gown, a mix of relief and anticipation filled her.

Guiding the new mother down the stairs she held her before apparating them both to St.Mungos.

☆ ★ ☆

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟏 - 𝐒𝐭. 𝐌𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐬

As the familiar pop signified their arrival, Walburga couldn't help but feel a surge of anxiety and hope. The healer led her towards the entrance, where the bustling activity of the hospital staff and the scent of medicinal potions greeted them.

She felt time stood still as she was led into the part of the hospital meant for children.

The healer gently guided her towards a particular crib, and there, nestled in blankets, lay her son.

"He was born early - it was urgent we bring him here and give him the proper care he needed. You will have to be careful with him, Mrs. Black, though he is small, he is mighty." The other healer, who had assisted in the delivery, approached with vials of potions infused with magical properties.

The magical aura surrounding the vial gently enveloped the baby as he peacefully drifted into a calm slumber. The healer observed closely, ensuring the infusion of magic would support the newborn's development.

"He's responding well," the healer remarked. "Keep an eye on him, and if you notice anything unusual, don't hesitate to contact us. The magical aspect of his care is essential, especially considering your family's lineage."

Walburga nodded, absorbing the healer's advice with a mix of gratitude and concern.

"He is so small" her voice was gentle - as she looked at her boy.

The healer acknowledged Walburga's concern with a comforting smile. "Magical infants can be quite resilient."

"Can I hold him?" Walburga's asked for the first time looking back to the healer.

The healer nodded, a gentle understanding in her eyes. "Of course, Mrs. Black. Just be mindful of his fragility." With practiced care, she handed the small bundle to Walburga, ensuring the baby was securely cradled in her arms.

She looked down at the sleeping child- he had a tiny tuft of raven-black hair. She traced her finger gently over his delicate features, marveling at the miracle before her. In his sleep, he gave the smallest of smiles before cuddling closer to her.

She laughed gently as the healer spoke of his beauty.

"Regulus Black." Looking up from her son she looked to the healers who helped her. "His name is Regulus Arcturus Black."

The healer smiled warmly at Walburga's choice of name, recognizing the significance and tradition embedded in the naming of magical children. "Regulus Arcturus Black, a fitting name for such a resilient young wizard."

Walburga simply looked back down to her son, she and Orion had fought over his name for weeks, and once again she had advocated for Ares only for her husband to pick Regulus.

She hadn't told him of her chosen middle name for their child. It was both a nod to family ties and perhaps a quiet assertion of her influence.

"You are free to go home Mrs. Black, though please come back weekly with Regulus at least until he is six months."

The healer's words snapped Walburga back to the present moment, a gentle reminder of the responsibilities that came with motherhood. With a nod of understanding, she carefully cradled Regulus in her arms, the weight of his tiny form a comforting reassurance.

"Thank you," Walburga acknowledged, her voice soft.

Before the healer could fully escort the mother and her child out of the building - they were met with someone.

Orion Black. He stood watching as the draped body of Eleanor Nott was taken to the bottom of the magical hospital.

His gaze, heavy with grief and guilt, met Walburga's as she exited the room with Regulus in her arms. Without uttering a word, Orion moved towards them, his eyes briefly flickering from Regulus to Walburga. The pain etched on his face mirrored the storm raging within.

The weight of realization pressed upon Walburga as she looked at Orion, witnessing the shattering of his composure. His grief-laden eyes bore into hers, a silent acknowledgment of the tragedy that had unfolded.

The plan had not been halted; Eleanor Nott was dead.

Walburga's momentary happiness crumbled, replaced by the stark reality that their lives were forever altered.

Regulus, still cradled in her arms, seemed to sense the sorrow in the air, though he was oblivious to its source.

Orion in his sorrow could only mutter a few words "I lost her."

Walburga's gaze, heavy with a mixture of sorrow and realization, met Orion's teary eyes. She tightened her hold on Regulus, seeking solace in the warmth of the fragile life they now cradled between them.

"Perhaps we should go home," she murmured, her voice a quiet reassurance amidst the echoes of tragedy.

Orion nodded in agreement, his grief-laden eyes showing gratitude for Walburga's silent understanding.

☆ ★ ☆

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟏 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

The sun had begun to rise as they arrived back at the Grimmauld Place, Walburga still exhausted sat on the leather couch in the main room with Regulus tucked in her arms sleeping. She looked at the floor and noticed Kreacher had cleaned up her mess whilst she was away.

Orion, stood leaning on the wall grief still present on his face.

"Do you want to hold your son?" her voice was a whisper so as to not wake the baby.

Orion's eyes flickered from the floor to his wife and the sleeping child in her arms. The weight of recent events pressed upon him, etching lines of sorrow on his face. He hesitated for a moment before shaking his head.

"I can't," he whispered, his voice laden with grief. Looking up from her son, Walburga saw Orion finally break as he began to cry in front of her.

The walls that had held his emotions crumbled, and his tears fell freely, carrying the weight of loss and sorrow. Without a word, she shifted on the couch, making room for him. Orion, as if drawn by an unseen force, moved towards her and sank beside them.

Gently, Walburga guided Regulus into his father's arms.

"Regulus is his name," she whispered as Orion wiped his tears with the back of his hand. He held his son as if he were made of glass.

"I lost her- I lost her right in front of me, she was there and then she wasn't" Orion's voice cracked, the weight of the recent tragedy still fresh in his mind.

In that moment, as she saw his crumble before her - she felt nothing but regret. Tears began to stream down her face as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "I am truly sorry."

She meant it - in the last second she did not want the plan to happen, she did not want to be the cause of pain for the people she loved, especially the man who sat before her. She would live with that regret for the rest of her life.

She sat with him as sunbeams began to stream into the room, she sat with him as he cried for the woman he loved, she sat with him as he spoke of holding her body in his arms.

Regulus slept soundly, oblivious to the pain that enveloped his parents. It was a new beginning for them.

☆ ★ ☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 78 23
Everyone saw me as perfect, I always had been my whole life. I was Regulus Black, I was raised to be perfect. I was everything that my parents wanted...
6K 2.1K 19
In 1976, Sirius Black met the love of his life. In 1980, two lives were given, and one was taken. In 1981, Sirius Black was carted off to Azkaban, a...
11.4K 392 199
Every family has its black sheep...even the Black family. Althea Black. When she was young, she never understood why her mother refused to speak of...
994 62 14
𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 is the strongest force, and as we all know- opposites attract. So. what will happen if these two fall irrevocably in love? When two stars co...