Cinnamon Girl ✧ Isaac Garcia

By illicitlulls

cinnamon in my teeth from your kiss. ( my life with the walter boys, s1-s? ) ( isaac garcia x fem! oc ) ( sta... More

CINNAMON GIRL
000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
AUTHOR'S NOTE !!

023

2.6K 88 34
By illicitlulls

Twenty-three,                       small town drama

( ✦ ͙ ˚ / ˚₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

       The only time August Thompson would ever find comfort in her home was when she was alone in its ambience.

       She discovered that whenever she was accompanied in the estate, it involved one of two things: Either chaos or gloom, depending on whatever her mom had to offer that day.

Since Lorelei had gotten with Robert however, it was mainly chaos, but the good kind, not the overwhelming sort that August usually dealt with.

It was probably why August had expected the same thing today, how when she would walk in she would be met with food already on the table ( made by him ) while her mom was snuggled up on the couch watching a movie. Everything with less trouble than usual.

       In fact, August was certain that today was the day where she would vent to her mom about everything that had happened, intending to seek comfort within Lorelei that she had been refusing the past few days.

       But, unfortunately, her mother beat her to it.

       "I'm sorry."

Those words had left Lorelei's mouth multiple times in between her cries throughout the span of five minutes.

Each time it was said, August found that it ached her more and more, having to witness Lorelei in utter pieces was sheer anguish to say the least. And no child wanted to see their mother sob in their arms.

"It's okay." August simply whispered, putting up a font of courage so her mother wouldn't suspect her to be upset. She took her hand and moved pieces of hair that covered Lorelei's face who lie sideways on her daughter's lap, all curled up in a blanket of misery. "You don't have to apologize for anything."

"But I do. I do have to." Her mom coughed out. "I didn't mean to, August. I really didn't mean to."

August's eyes grimaced back towards the ground where glass was shattered, decorating their floors with different sized shards that were difficult to see if one was left alone, indicating she needed to be careful when cleaning up. August only attempted not to frown, "Don't worry about it, okay?"

       "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry."

       With a sigh she allowed Lorelei to grab onto her hand and squeeze it, and she didn't even have to squeeze it that hard for August to feel like she lost her pulse. Though despite feeling as if she was losing blood within her mother's touch, she let Lorelei hold it while she continue to speak gently. "How about you go take a warm bath? Yeah? And once you're done this will all be cleaned up and we can sleep in the living room while watching movies."

       Her mother sniffled before finally nodding, she wasn't steady but she eventually got up from where she lie, being careful to not step in the glass while she made it to the hall, though Lorelei stopped before entering. "I promise I'll be better, August."

       August suppressed any negative emotions that wanted to slip out and hit her face, only forcing over a grin as she nodded her head.

        August wasn't an idiot, she knew what the entire county thought of her mom, but again, none of them has ever seen her like this.

       That didn't matter though because by tomorrow Robert would just be another name on Lorelei's list of failed relationships, all of which ended terribly.

       This probably being the worst of all.

˖*°࿐ •*⁀➷

"What if I take Paige's head and hit it against the locker over and over until she just . . . dies?"

"August!" Jackie's eyes widened before instantly hitting her friend's arm as they walked through the halls, "You can't say that."

"But I did." August replied as she spotted the girl in front of them, only making August shove past her harshly when they walked by. "And I mean it."

"You know, I would really prefer it if she didn't hate us." Jackie mentioned. "I don't wanna be like one of those girls who hates another girl because of a guy."

"Well I'll be the girl who hates them for you." August insisted with a wide grin, "So if anyone has a problem with you, they will answer to me."

"Really?" Jackie questioned while giving her a look, "And what if I started the problem first?"

"Then I'd still defend you." August shrugged, "You could commit murder and I'll still break you out. We could move to Europe and start an entire new life there."

Jackie rolled her eyes, "You're impossible."

"I'm just being honest." She smiled proudly.

       That smile was short-lived however because it disappeared the moment they got to August's locker, one that was covered in writing from either expo marker or sharpie. August didn't get to find out considering she was too busy reading the words that were decorating the steel.

       She barely read the first one before Jackie's sleeve smothered over it and erased whatever had been on there before, indicating it was expo while the girl spoke up. "Don't read it, it's not like it's true."

       With a sigh August just nodded, opening up her locker as she put away some of her books considering she now had an off. "I'm literally gonna burn this whole school down, Jackie."

       Even with those words, August didn't seem as cheerful like she was moments before, only resulting to Jackie leaning against the other lockers beside hers, "Are you okay?"

       "Perfect." August mumbled, "You have your Princeton plan and now I need to come up with some of my own plans to get out of here."

       Over the last couple of months, August's place on the social ladder had reclined quickly, perhaps she was too busy to notice it amidst a lot of things, but right now it was clear more than ever of what people had thought about her.

       And she would never admit it, but it bothered her.

       "You know if you need someone to talk to about anyt-"

       "I'm good." August interrupted, now shutting the space that held her material.

Her and Jackie were incredibly close that it might've seemed ridiculous, yet despite that, August never talked to her about any personal issues. She didn't feel the need to even if Jackie had tried to convince her multiple times, claiming that it might help her feel better. However it went both ways, Jackie refused to open up about her parents and August didn't force her, it was like they had a sort of system.

One that was bound to break once the time was right, just not today.

"I mean, at least I'm not the only one being talked about." August shrugged, referring to the whole Cole and Alex fight.

       "Seriously?" Jackie deadpanned when August locked their arms together before walking to Jackie's class. "You just had to bring it up?"

       "Yes, I did."

       "And for what reason?"

       "Because if it makes me feel better then you have to deal with it."

˖*°࿐ •*⁀➷

       The only person that August wanted to talk to was the  very same person she was avoiding.

How ironic.

So instead, to escape that feeling that made her feel manic, one that dug into her skin and pinched her in all kinds of places to mock her because she was stripped away of worthiness completely by stupid high school drama, she discovered herself with Danny in the theater room.

Which just seconds prior, they were going over lines until she decided that she wanted to take a break and just sit down next to Alex.

But it didn't feel like a break considering they were both visibly upset with the entire world that it became evident in their conversations and drained them of energy completely.

"I don't get how he told people that." Alex ranted on while Danny's lines were rehearsed in front of them, "I mean even if it was true, he shouldn't have done that."

"Are you sure it was Cole?" August questioned, she was listening intently because she didn't want Alex to feel bad about expressing how he felt. "I think you two need to talk it out."

"No chance." Alex shot back. "I'm not talking to him."

"Well you have to at some point."

"Until you stop avoiding Isaac, I'm not talking to Cole."

       "Wait who said I was avoiding him?" August squinted, "Also why are you changing the subject?"

       "Because this talk about Cole is making me mad." Alex crossed his arms, "And I need you to talk to Isaac again because he's been in a pissy mood lately which puts everyone else in a pissy mood."

       "Well I'm sorry but I can't control that." August rolled her eyes, "Guess you'll have to deal with it. I'll pray for you."

       "I'm serious." Alex scoffed, "This confusing thing you guys have going on needs to be figured out before I actually shoot myself."

       "I'll literally shoot you right now if you don't shut the hell up."

       Alex put his hands up in defense at her words, "Didn't realize how sensitive the topic was."

       "It's not." August dismissed, "I'm just tired of hearing about it. My whole life doesn't revolve around a guy, you know."

"Oh I'm well aware." Alex laughed. "You were literally boring me with the college talk last week."

August shoved him in the shoulder before letting out a sigh, "One day when I decide to leave this town, you're going to miss me so much."

"I doubt that."

"Well who else gives you girl advice?"

"Kiley."

"Okay, shut the hell up."

"You sound like Isaac."

August shoved him again, "Really?"

"I'm sorry, no more talking about him."

"Thank you," She shook her head, "After the whole bonfire, I really wanna steer clear of everyone."

The mention of the bonfire caused Alex to frown faintly when he gazed over at her, he realized that they hadn't talked much anymore because he was so caught up with Jackie that he'd forgotten to check up on her completely. "Look, what Leo said about you that night? Don't let it get in your head."

"Don't worry," August grinned, "It's already forgotten."

That was a lie. She'd been going crazy after she saw the video and heard what he said.

"Don't hate me for mentioning him." Alex warned, "But if it makes you feel better Isaac and Jackson beat the living shit out of him. One of the reasons why he isn't here today."

It didn't. In her years of knowing Isaac, she'd witnessed him change drastically, nothing bad, but she knew about all his flaws. From the way he treated girls to how he had the ability to be a typical teen boy, she would get confused when he was different around her.

Though August didn't get a chance to say anything considering she was cut off by a very, very angered Cole.

       "What the hell, Alex!"

       "Oh shit." August muttered.

       Alex and her sat up immediately as Danny stopped between his lines, now putting his hands up. "Guys. No, no, no, no, okay? Not in the auditorium, please."

        "You told dad I've been sneaking girls in?" Cole ignored him, walking straight down the stairs to his brother.

        He was about to launch at Alex but Danny had stepped in front of him, putting a stop to his actions as August unknowingly placed herself in front of Alex.

       "No." Alex replied as he brushed past her so he and Cole could face each other after he had escaped Danny's hold. "He asked. I didn't say anything."

       "Which is basically a yes." Cole shot back.

       They inched closer together which caused August to stupidly stand between them again, visibly irritated. "Okay how about you guys just sit your asses down for a minute, alright? Don't be stupid and fight here."

       "As if he's the one to talk though!" Alex erupted while he shoved August aside unknowingly. "Brother of the year right here, telling the whole school that I cried like a bitch."

       August sighed when she realized that her attempts in stopping them were useless, but she didn't want to not do anything, especially when a group of people bursted through the doors of the auditorium.

       "What the hell are you talking about?" Cole quizzed as the two began to again walk closer to each other.

        "Okay, okay." Danny groaned, giving August a look so she could get Alex while he handled Cole. "Stop."

       She sighed as she went to grab him.

       "That's enough." August said sternly as she stood in front of Alex. "If you guys wanna fight I will literally schedule the time for you, but not right now."

       "Why not right now?" Alex shouted so Cole could hear. "He's just pretending that he doesn't know what I'm talking about."

        Everyone who was watching saw that Cole was close to breaking out of Danny's grip but still failed when Alex continued, "You know, it's a good thing I have a great memory of him bawling his eyes out to our mom when his football dream ended. Maybe I should spread that around, huh!"

       Once Cole had launched at Alex for real, Danny made sure to pull August out of the way as the scene unfolded before them.

       Pure mayhem.

       "Cole! Stop!" Danny shouted, standing in front of August who's lip parted at the sight.

       She hated fights for a reason, they reminded her of her petrifying past that punctured her entity to sheer ruins, and right now, this was giving her that same nostalgic feeling that she wanted to be long forgotten.

       While Danny soon tried to pull them apart now, August stood there for a second, trying to shove that certain memory away before she decided that she immediately needed to shake it off right now.

       So with that she only tried to get ahold of Alex who still remained impossible.

       Now if she knew this would happen, she wouldn't have shown up at all today.

       "You guys! Stop!" A voice from the stairs said, it was Nathan. He was accompanied by Isaac and Lee.

       August was stupid enough not to pay attention for one second which caused Alex to shove her off harshly, making her fall on the ground with a loud enough thud that she can hear.

       The noise caused her heart to skip a beat as she tried to return to her regular breathing, knowing that she couldn't freak out.

       Though she was immediately helped to her feet by Isaac who had only held her for a second before running off to try and pull them apart as well.

       But this time she didn't join in. Not only did she not want to but she couldn't find herself to. She only watched from a small distance as everyone was being shoved around.

       Nathan was thrown off a couple of times, including Lee and Danny at one point. Isaac however held himself up pretty good until one of them accidentally punched his side did he falter slightly, now being pushed off just as easy as everyone else had.

       Only difference was, he showed more signs of struggle, August noticed that immediately which caused her to rush to his side, concern taking over her being when she realized that he was actually injured. Yet, it wasn't from them, it was an old one.

       She figured that out when she helped him to his feet, her hand accidentally grabbing onto his stomach when she felt a bandage wrap around it, causing August to furrow up at him in confusion.

There was no time to question anything though because while the other Walter tried to pull the two apart and August was assisting Isaac, a teacher had rushed in.

       "Hey! Hey! That's enough!" They came to a stop, "All of you! Principal's office now!"

─────────────────────────
hey guys, this was interesting

anyways THANK YOU SM FOR
19K READS THATS HONESTLY INSANE

love all u guys sm, literally the comments
always leave me laughing i cant

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 150 1
ᥫ᭡彡 ❛ 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗶 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 ❜ ━━ FRANK OCEAN ❝ 𝗶 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄? ❞ ⋆.ೃ࿔*...
21K 347 22
see mom why was it so hard for you to say those words. frenemies to lovers.
13K 111 21
After the accident of Jackie and Maddison's parents nothing was the same anymore. Maddison's beleaves nothing would ever go back to the way it was i...
49.6K 639 13
sofi n isaac 🤍 inspired by the netflix series - My life with the Walter boys all characters except sofi isabel winslo belong to My life with the Wa...