025

Twenty-five,                       serene silence

( ✦ ͙ ˚ / ˚₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Your mother and I don't tolerate fighting."

       George stood in front of all of them in the kitchen as no one bothered to even look him in the eye, finding that if they did, they would only be met with his cruel, harsh glare.

       As of this moment ( now that everyone wasn't occupied ) he lectured them all collectively. Something he had been waiting to do since they had gotten home but had to be put off because of August talking to Katherine and Isaac tending to his wound.

       But now that nothing was in his way, he didn't waste any time.

       "That's not new, is it?" George only continued.

       "You're not a bunch of toddlers." Katherine added, her stare mainly lingering on Isaac, Cole, and Alex when she spoke. "You should be able to resolve your differences without resorting to violence."

       It was silent when everyone stared amongst each other, August only peering at Danny who was beside her for a quick second before settling on Isaac who was all the way across from her. She tried to make sure that there was a large gap in between them before she turned away.

      With a sigh, Katherine nudged Alex's shoulder. "Look at me. Now."

       He did.

       "You two are brothers." Katherine declared, "What you have is precious, and it is fragile, and God knows it can be ripped away from you in seconds."

       Silent again.

       "And you." Katherine turned to Isaac, "We are talking separately because what you did was not acceptable in the slightest. I did not teach you to handle conflict like that."

        "And all you boys are grounded for a month." George announced.

       A line of "What?" had erupted in the atmosphere, one that was accompanied by minor scoffs as each and every one of the boys had revealed that the news was unpleasant to them.

       "What about the play auditions?" Danny questioned abruptly.

       "You can do the play auditions, but only because they're a part of school." Katherine shot back.