024

Twenty-four,                       when you know you know

( ✦ ͙ ˚ / ˚₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

       There was nothing more embarrassing than walking up those stairs at the auditorium with everyone staring.

       Or, at least that's what August thought.

       Her day only got worse when her mom hadn't shown up to retrieve her from school yet, one who called her about five times and was only met with her voicemail on the other end.

And considering calling repeatedly was not an option, there was nothing to be done about it. August's mom was not coming to get her.

       The Thompson girl sat at the edge of the seat that was occupied by a majority of the Walter, all of which were mad. August only fidgeted with the necklace that lie on her neck, her legs consistently bouncing up and down in its familiar pattern while no one talked to each other at all.

        With the silence, she was sure that everyone could hear how fast her heart was beating right now, hell, she was suspended until tomorrow and everyone in this school now talked shit about her her because of what Leo had said. Things were not okay and her mom wasn't even here.

       Well, at least Katherine was.

       "Cole and Alex, you have a three day suspension and the rest of you are suspended until tomorrow."

Disappointment clung to her entire being as it left her tongue when she spoke, staring at each and every one of them ( including August ) in a way that showed how unbelievable their actions were.

"August." Katherine suddenly spoke up as she turned the girl's way. "They sent an email to your mom but until then you're going with us."

August had forgotten that Katherine was listed as an emergency contact for her if they couldn't reach her mom, the thought brought her comfort to her in a way but in the same sense it didn't due to the circumstances now.

˖*°࿐ •*⁀➷

       "What's been going on?"

       August Thompson was not in the kitchen with the rest of everyone else, instead she was seated in the living room with Katherine who was seeking the truth about this chaotic week.