015

Fifteen,                       it was bothering me

( ✦ ͙ ˚ / ˚₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

       It was the day of Thanksgiving and her mother still wasn't back yet. Was it even legal for her to stay by herself?

August attempted to stay optimistic to her circumstances, realizing that she didn't have the right to be upset about it considering the situation was nothing new, in fact she should be glad that her mom was updating her with pictures everyday to showcase she hasn't been brutally murdered yet.

But still, spending a holiday with her Lorelei would've been nice.

Amidst all the things she dreaded however, a particular one remains on top of that list: the tradition the Walters had created for when she would come over.

One that only existed to enhance her hatred towards them.

To be clear, Thanksgiving was also known as Prank August Thompson day.

For as long as she had celebrated Thanksgiving with them, not one year has gone by when she wasn't utterly annoyed with their satisfaction in pulling the most foul stunts on her.

She had three major highlights of the tradition.

When she was five Cole had dressed up as this monster from this scary movie her and Isaac had watched when the Garcia boy hadn't lived with them yet, resulting in her to freak out frantically that she bumped into a stand and knocked over a vase that belonged to Katherine. When they were ten and not yet creative they decided that it would be funny to put toothpaste in an Oreo and make her eat it claiming that it was an original recipe, she threw up for fifteen minutes straight. Last year was probably the worst of all considering she ended up with flour all over her from head to toe, having to eat dinner looking like a ghost as Katherine scolded at the boys.

But this year she was determined to watch out for anything out of order.

Yet this year they didn't bother trying to remain subtle like they usually would.

"No! No! No!" August's screams for help were no use when she found that her place on Isaac's shoulders were too stern to scurry out of while he walked outside ( an incredibly cold atmosphere not to mention ) as she was followed by almost all of them, now acknowledging that Jordan recorded the whole thing with a grin. "I'm going to kill all of you!" She shouted into the camera. "It's freezing!"