016

sixteen,                       the end of a devious plot

( ✦ ͙ ˚ / ˚₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Why was August there? She had no idea.

She didn't even like coffee to begin with considering she preferred tea way more, believing it was better in every way, but nonetheless she still drove a good thirty minutes to the cafe once she received a text that night before school, one that she had to attend after Thanksgiving break was over.

God, it was really cold outside.

August momentarily looked up at the sign, not being able to read the words engraved in it no matter how hard she tried, it was clear she was just trying to pass time before she went in, but eventually after a minute of attempting to uncover its letters, she gave up and walked through.

The chimes the door had offered her caused her to be more anxious when she spotted Gabby sitting at a table, nervously chewing away at her nail until the girl had looked up to find August.

They never talked after the homecoming game like they were supposed to.

Now suddenly Gabriella decided she wanted to.

       Truth be told August absolutely hated her now, after having had been guilty for everything that had happened, constantly blaming herself for the mistakes her friend had made. August came to a conclusion that her and Gabby were done for good.

       So why had she been here?

The place was unsettlingly empty as August took a seat, a glare set in her eyes when she spoke. "What do you want, Gabby?"

The question came out weaker than anticipated but still managed to put Gabby in an entity where she was intimidated.

"Just to talk." Was all she said at first.

"About?"

"August, I'm really really really sorry." The words poured out of Gabriella's mouth as her features softened. "Okay I messed up really bad and I don't know what I was even doing before but I want to fix things."

       In the years that August had known Gabby, she found that the girl was incredibly prideful ( they both were ) but what distinguished them was the way they handled conflict. While Gabriella would break down in the moment of stress, doing things that she wouldn't normally do with the right mind, August dealt with it internally, plotting her actions for later.