022

Twenty-two,                       illicit sentimental items

( ✦ ͙ ˚ / ˚₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Drunk words are sober thoughts!

Regardless of how much Isaac Garcia wanted that statement to be false, it was eternally true and he hated it. He concluded that fact after he had dropped August off at Jackie's room, telling her drunk state goodnight before going to bed himself.

       It was an understatement to say he had many, many things in mind.

Now, here were the things August remembered: Isaac giving her his jacket, their beer pong moment, and her completely yapping in the bathroom about her feelings.

The rest of everything else was a mystery to her. But unfortunately the ones that she did recall were an absolute nightmare.

Which was just pleasant.

August had woken up at nearly five in the morning with her head still aching, discovering that certain memories began rolling back in her brain like a mixtape being played, except that mixtape was really staticky and August wasn't sure if she heard the audio right.

So she decided she needed to get water, which eventually led to her finding Danny who occupied himself in a room watching films.

And after seeing that, she couldn't resist herself in joining him.

"Why are you up so early?" He questioned her when she took a seat next to him on the couch, noticeably still tired which caused his forehead to wrinkle in concern.

       "I couldn't go back to sleep." August shrugged, "Why are you up so early?"

"Because I couldn't sleep at all." Danny simply replied as he took the remote beside him and turned the volume down.

       "Wait, so you stayed up this whole night?" August's eyes widened to which he nodded at. "Danny! You're gonna die if you don't sleep."

He laughed faintly at her emphasis, "I think I'm okay considering I wasn't the one who got completely wasted last night."

His words led to August's groan as her head fell back against her place on the couch, making it hit against the soft cushion gently. One part of her wanted to know everything that happened, yet another part thinks that those events were better left unknown. Though they were impossible to avoid because she was still wearing the same attire along with the given leather jacket that just reminded her repeatedly that there are empty spaces in her brain where memories were supposed to be.