Top Gun: Maverick | Miles Tel...

By fresh_avacado

Lieutenant Lina Cruise, callsign Maverick. Daughter of the fearless actor Tom Cruises ended up just as advent... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96

15

492 9 0
By fresh_avacado

linacruise: laughs all around
tagged: monicabarbaro, lewispullman

46.1K likes

user1: thank you for bts content!!!!!!!

user2: look at those cuties 🥰🥰🥰

lewispullman: yeah when we don't hold a bag of our own puke 👍🏼🤣

user3: imagine getting to just hang out with them
|
user4: I think Lina does a little more than just hang out......

monicabarbaro: ❤️

user5: I'm so FUCKING jealous

milesteller: it's easy when we have a comedian on the team😉🥰

user6: no

user7: WHAT'S WITH THE HEART EMOJI!?!???
|
user8: AND THE FLIRTY COMMENT!!!!!????

__________________________

MILES'S POV

"What are you doing?" Lina asked with a chuckle as I smirked and pulled her into a private room. I closed the door behind us and placed my hand on her jaw and kissed her softly.

"You drive me kind of crazy." I mumbled into the kiss and she smiled.

"Yeah?" She asked and I placed my hands on her hips and pulled her closer as the kiss deepened. I pulled away as I had to contain myself, we were still at work. I stroke her cheek with my thumb and I smiled and shook my head.

"What are you doing to me, Captain?" I asked and she smiled widely.

"Driving you crazy." She said and I chuckled. We walked back out and I couldn't help but watch her as she walked in front of me. She turned her head and looked at me with a smirk.

"You watching me walk?" She asked and I smirked.

"What if I did?" I asked and she smiled.

"I'd have to start walking like an old man." She said and I laughed. We walked out to the rest of the group and Glen looked at me with a smirk and winked, I just sent him a glare. He knew that we were on our way to become something. He has kind of become my closest friend here, I couldn't keep this to myself. Well, everyone kind of knew but we haven't said anything.

"Hi." I heard Tom say to Lina who just smiled lightly at him. Their relationship has definitely improved but they had a long way to go before they were okay.

"Everyone on their marks!" The director said and we all walked over to our marks. It's not common that you shoot a movie in the exact order it's seen when it's in the cinema, and we were shooting scenes on the runway for a few days now.

______________________________

LINA'S POV

I made sure their flight suits and flight gear were out on correctly while the makeup artist were touching up their makeup.

"Sunglasses up or down?" The stylist asked me and I looked up at Glen.

"Down, everyone should have them down." I said and she nodded. I wasn't a stylist but as soon as an aviator was outside, the sunglasses were down. Glen flipped them down and I took a step back to make sure it looked accurate.

"Looks good." I said and he nodded.

"Like a proper aviator." He said with a small smile and I chuckled.

"Yeah." I said. I looked over at Miles, damn he looked hot in his flight suit and sunglasses. The director yelled that it was time to roll the cameras. We got out of the way and I stood a few feet behind the cameras.

"Action!" He yelled and dad walked into the picture.

"Rooster." He said but Miles just continued walking.

"Bradley." He said, Miles was still walking, pretending not to hear him.

"Lieutenant Bradshaw." He said and Miles turned around.

"Let's not do it this way." Dad said. I looked at the screen that showed what the camera was shooting.

"Are you going to wash me out?" Miles asked and he looked serious, annoyed and quite uncomfortable. Damn he was good.

"That is up to you." Dad said.

"Am I dismissed?" Miles asked.

"And cut!" The director shouted and they both got out of character.

"That was really good, let's do it one more time from this angle." He said and they nodded and dad walked back to his mark.

It was actually quite interesting to see how a movie was shot. It's not just to shoot a scene and then it's done like that. There are multiple different angles, they start laughing because of how serious they are, someone accidentally misses their mark. A scene that maybe are 30 second long with only a few lines can take like an hour or more to get done.

"That's it! We got it." The director said and everyone applauded as the first scene of the movie was done. Dad and Miles walked back to us with wide smiles on their faces.

"Great work." Monica said and gave them a high five. Miles looked over at me and smiled.

"What'd you think?" He asked and I smiled softly.

"You were amazing." I said and he smiled.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded.

"But what do I know, I'm only an aviator." I said with a smirk and he chuckled.

They shot a few close ups and some visual scenes that honestly took no time. I sat down in Monica's chair next to Miles as it's were her turn to be on camera. I felt his hand nudge mine and I smiled lightly but tried to contain it and keep watching Monica do her scene, but the butterflies in my stomach was going like crazy. I quickly glanced over at Miles who tried to act just like me, casual. I prayed to god we were doing a good job at it, but my gut feeling told me we were actually terrible at hiding our feelings and attraction towards each other.

"So, we want to do the first flight scene next week." The director said to me after a long day and I nodded.

"We'll rehearse it this weekend." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah, sounds good. We landed on doing two flight sequences next week. We have scenes we need to shoot with just Tom, so we'll do two flight sequences next week and then they will have a few days off." He said and I nodded.

"Alright. I'll let the Chief know." I said.

"Good." He said with a small smile. My job during the shootings was to make sure everything looked accurate. That they were portraying a fair picture of how it is being an aviator. But with scenes like these, my main job was to make sure that the phraseology and terminology was correct and pronounced right. But my actual job would take place when they were flying the jets. I had to be in a  jet close by but not so close that I was in the scene, just close enough to jump in if anything went south.

I knocked on the door to my Chief's office and walked inside.
"Good afternoon." He said.

"Good afternoon, sir." I said.

"I was just letting you know that they are shooting the first flight sequences next week." I said and he nodded.

"I'll make sure that the tech crew is clearing the jets." He said and I nodded.

"Oh and when I have you here." He said.

"The director put in a request this morning." He said and I furrowed my brows.

"Okay." I said.

"He want you to fly one of the enemy aircrafts in the movie as well as manoeuvres that are too dangerous for the cast to do." He said and my eyes widened.

"What?" I asked.

"They want you to fly a fifth generation fighter." He said and I tried to contain my excitement. I hadn't flown a fifth-gen that many times, but it was the most amazing jet I've ever flown. The technology is so advanced and modern, they are classified as the most advanced fighters in the world.

"I can do it sir." I said forcing myself to not smile.

"I know you can." He said but then I realised it wasn't just the fifth-gen they wanted me to fly.

"Which manoeuvres, sir? I've taught these actors and actresses well." I said.

"You have, you have preformed a miracle with this cast." He said and then took a second.

"They want to add in the downward spiral accident in a milder version." He said and my heart started to race.

"Sir?" I asked.

"It fits well with the plot of the movie." He said.

"Sir, the downward spiral accident happened after the mission." I said.

"I know, but when they heard about it, they thought it worked very well with the plot." He said and I swallowed hard.

"I know it's a touchy subject for you, but it's too dangerous for these actors to do." He said.

"I can do it, sir." I said and he nodded.

"You sure?" He asked.

"I promise you it will be under a lot of supervision and it won't be anything near that what actually happened, you won't be as close to the other jet, you won't at the low of an altitude." He said.

"I'm sure, sir." I said.

"Okay." He said.

"You are dismissed." He said and I walked out of his office. I put my hand on the wall and tried to regain balance as I felt myself become dizzy. I leaned my back onto the wall and sighed loudly. Fuck my life. Why did I say yes to that?

"You okay?" I heard Glen ask and I looked up to see him standing on my left.

"Yeah." I got out.

"You look a little pale." He said.

"They are.... ehm... putting the whole downward spiral accident in the movie." I got out and he nodded.

"And they want me to fly it." I said and his eyes widened.

"What?" He asked and I nodded.

"It's too dangerous for you guys to do. Any close ups will probably be shot at a dive instead. But doing that manoeuvre, it's too risky for you." I said and he nodded.

"I'm sorry, I know that accident was hard on you." He said and I let out a chuckle.

"They aren't crashing a 70 million dollar jet, aren't they?" He asked and I chuckled.

"No, they aren't. They have modified it, it won't be like what happened, just the manoeuvre." I said and he let out a sigh of relief as he leaned onto the wall next to me.

"They want me to fly one of the fifth generation fighters, though." I said with a small smile and his eyes lit up.

"What? Wow, that's awesome." He said and gave me a high five.

"Like, they want you to fly them in the movie?" He asked and I nodded.

"You will play the enemy?" He asked and I let out a chuckle as I nodded.

"That's sick." He said and I chuckled.

"Congrats." He said and I chuckled again.

"I've only flown them a few times but they are incredible to fly." I said.

"I guess you have a lot of preparations to do." He said and I nodded.

"It's not going to happen in the nearest weeks, so I have time." I said.

"Gonna be pretty cool to see you fly one of those." He said and I smiled lightly.

"Gonna be pretty cool to fly one of those." I said and he chuckled.

"I bet." He said and I smiled softly.

"So, you and Miles, huh?" He asked with a smirk and I blushed.

"You know?" I asked with a small smile.

"He told me, couldn't keep it to himself like a twelve year old little girl." He said and I laughed.

"I'm happy for you though." He added quickly with a smile.

"Thank you." I said.

"So, is it official?" He asked and I chuckled.

"No, we've only been on a few dates." I said.

"Sealed the deal yet?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Come on, I'm curious. It's a wonder he landed a girl like you." He said and I chuckled again.

"So?" He asked and I blushed.

"I knew it." He said, it was all the he needed to know the answer.

"Good job, Mav." He said and gave me a high five.

"Well, I'm going to go and take a shower because I stink. See you tomorrow, Mav." He said.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." I said and he walked off to the locker rooms.

And all I could think about at that moment was, I was going to fly a fifth generation fighter. Holy shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 572 18
After graduating top of her class at Top Gun. Lt. Savannah 'Skylar' Kazansky got deployed to the Bering Sea. Leaving her family and friends behind. F...
161K 3K 29
Pete Mitchell's daughter, Skye "Angel" Mitchell, would follow in his footsteps in every way. She loved flying. She discarded the rules. She would do...
9.6K 183 7
π€π―πš "π‡πšππžπ¬" 𝐌𝐒𝐭𝐜𝐑𝐞π₯π₯ is the only daughter to the one and only Pete "Maverick" Mitchell. Naval aviation runs in the family and Ava se...
93.9K 1.8K 34
Lieutenant (y/n) 'Wolf' Mitchell. That was you. The only child of the legendary Captain Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell and Charlotte 'Charlie' Blackwood. ...