Intertwining Fate (Akame ga K...

By Sora_Flashing12

We shared everything. Our dream. Our will. Our love. The only thing we can't share is our Fate. If we're all... More

Chapter 1 The Two Assassins
Chapter 2 The Day it all Began
Chapter 3 First Mission
Chapter 4 Challenge! Kill the Viceroy
Chapter 5 The Battle of Hakurou River
Chapter 6 Encounter
Chapter 7 The Hitman
Chapter 8 A Dark Cloud
Chapter 9 A Bitter Cry
Chapter 10 Remains
Chapter 11 Secret Arts
Chapter 12 Yearning
Chapter 13 Tombs Raid
Chapter 14 The GraveKeepers Curse
Chapter 15 The Sister's Reunion
Chapter 16 Truth
Chapter 17 Escape
Chapter 18 The Broken Promise
Chapter 19 To Each His Own Love
Chapter 20 Confession
Chapter 21 Assaulted
Chapter 22 A Fierce Battle between Life and Death
Chapter 24 Raid's Preparation
Chapter 25 Melee Under the Moonlight
Chapter 26 Awakening
Chapter 27 The Capital's Darkness
Chapter 28 A Talk
Chapter 29 Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 30 The End of Hatred
Chapter 31 Teigu

Chapter 23 Mourning

266 12 0
By Sora_Flashing12

No one's POV

In a mountain area where there are many piles of debris and giant boulders surrounding, Green came to a stopping point, breathing heavily. He was exhausted ever a long run and escaped from his pursue enemy. Before he could catch his breath, he heard footsteps behind him, turning his head around to see it was Daniel, the Oarburgh butler still able to keep up with him.

Daniel: So you've run out of stamina. Even though you're my enemy, I commend how much distance you covered in your retreat.

Green: I ran...all that way...how can you be so composed..?

Green said while sweating and panting heavily.

Daniel: I am from Grim Reaper's Oarburgh. With my transient mallet, I will lead you to hell.

Green: Not if I...can help it!

With no choice left to fight, Green took out Sidewinder, and with his Shingu thwip and thrash around. But Daniel was quite tough, dashing forward as he takes Green's attack head on, seemingly unfazed.

Daniel: So you still insist on pointless struggle....

Green: Wha...?!

Daniel: These whip strikes may sting, but they carry no weight. I just have to break through before I take too much damage...

The Oarburgh's clothes were being ripped to shreds, the sleeves on his arms having been teared off. But what terrifies Green was Daniel's muscle arm that had the ability to strengthen itself. Now close enough, Daniel lands a powerful blow on Green's chest, causing the black haired teen to crash into some of the rocks and debris lying behind him.

Daniel: Like this!

Green: Gah...!!

Daniel: You survived that..? Hrm. My senses were dulled by all that blood loss.

Green: W-Wait please...I want to live more than to die...'ll give information.

With his whole body ache, Green started to plead for his life.

Daniel: No need. We've already secured our captives.

Green: Barbara, was it? And Taeko-san. They were both strong opponents.

Daniel(mind):....! ...Barbara.

Hearing Barbara and Taeko's named made Daniel stop his advance for a few seconds. Seeing this, Green must've thought that Daniel was open for negotiations so he started to stall for time by saying something rather tactless.

Green: How about it? There's all sorts I can tell you. I even heard their last words. I know who killed Taeko-san.

Daniel gives a few moments of thought but in the end it's pointless to talk about it.

Daniel:...Hearing that won't bring them back. Now be a good little boy and die.

He said while drawing out a kunai knife out of his pocket. Seeing this, Green started to panicked and waving both hands deliriously.

Green: W-W-Wait, please! I'll even tell you who's pulling the strings. I'll do anything!

Daniel: Don't you think this pleading is pathetic? Now please be quiet and die.

At first Green started to think about what kind of things he wanted to say in order to draw out more time before he started to grin. Daniel who saw this started to narrow his eyes to as of why the sudden confidence, but Green had more to say.

Green: I don't think that. In times like these, I'll carry on fighting for my life to the bitter end.

Daniel then perks up as he turns his head around slightly. His eyes widened as he sees two people coming into view. Ryu and Poney were currently rushing their way towards Daniel, Poney had a massive grin on her face while Ryu had an emotionless glare aiming towards Daniel. His katana and Prometheus were out of its Sheath and holster, the revolver aimed at Daniel.

Poney: ORAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Ryu:...

Green didn't run out of stamina. His panicking was also nothing more than a ruse. The area they were in was the rendezvous point, and Daniel happened to be caught in it.

Ryu fires a shot from Prometheus, Daniel throwing some pebbles to block the shot. Then Ryu closes in with his katana at the ready and did a slash. However his attack barely did a cut on the butlers skin. Ryu had noticed that Daniel had strengthen his arm to the point blade could barely penetrate him. Daniel did a counter by doing a long side kick, however Ryu simply breeze through the attack as if they were in slow motion.

Daniel(mind): What incredible reaction speed. Is he the one Lady Mera was so worried of?

Green: Sidewinder!!

Daniel: Guh...!

Daniel was studying Ryu's movement. However he didn't have any time when he saw Green using his Sidewinder as he restricts one of Daniel's arms. Ryu then leaps backwards when Poney rushes in, the auburn haired girl running at full speed before she jumped and lunged her foot out, Daniel blocking Poney's attack with both arms as Green releases Sidewinder off Daniel.

Poney's attack did nothing more than a small scratch on the butlers skin. However thanks to Poney and Green's teamwork, Ryu saw his opening. Daniel realized this as well. With both arms occupied by Poney and Green, Daniel left himself wide open for Ryu.

Ryu: Eliminate.

Ryu let out one more shot from Prometheus aimed towards Daniel. The bullet then curves, Daniel could only do nothing but watch as the bullet makes his way towards him.

Daniel:...Won't make it...!!

Ryu's bullet then enters Daniel's head, going through his skull and brain as blood flew in the air, the head butler of Oarburgh falling dead on his side.

Poney: Nice teamwork!

Ryu: Phew...

Green: You saved me.

Green(mind): He mentioned captives, but...could he mean..?

(Timeskip)

Minutes have soon passed and the three still await at the rendezvous point. Green sat atop a stone pillar, keeping an eye out as he had a pair of binoculars in his hands.

Green: Nobody's come to the rendezvous point..yet.

Poney: You don't think something happened...to Daddy or Gin, do you?

Ryu: Have faith in those two.

Green: Tomorrow night when Team Akame goes out to trade, they'll notice that something is amiss and come here. All we can do is wait for them here at the rendezvous point..okay?

Poney: Yeah!

Ryu: They'll show up. Akame, Kurome, and Natala. All we can do now is hope.

Green: You two can sleep if you want. You especially, Ryu.

Ryu: Why should I? I'm not even tired.

Poney and Green: Liar!

Ryu: -_- Eh...?

Green: I can tell you haven't been getting enough rest lately. Besides, I'll feel better if I'm the one keeping an eye out. I'll do it.

Ryu: Nah...! I can't sleep knowing my family is still out there. I'm—

Poney: Oh no you don't!

However Poney wouldn't allow it either. With her strength and Ryu's current heavy body due to the poison that was planted by Merraid, Ryu couldn't win when Poney forced him to lay down on her lap.

Ryu: Why am I on your lap?

Poney: Didn't think I realized about how many times you work yourself to the bone. Always the first to wake up in the crack of dawn, making breakfast for all of us. Scouting the area to make sure the place was safe. Why are you always pushing yourself?

Ryu: -_- Since when a battle hardened like you became so conscious of me?

Poney: Everyone knows that? Now sleep! I'll keep an eye on my prince charming!

Ryu: -_- I thought you're in love with Najasho. But fine...

Allowing the fatigue to get to him, Ryu fell asleep on Poney's lap. His mind wonders into a land of dreams. Where inside his dream was nothing but fire everywhere in the town where Ryu didn't recognize.

Ryu: This is...?

Ryu realized that this was probably within his own consciousness since his body was that of his teen. Probably even younger before he was sold off to the empire. It proves that his body was moving not according to his will. Lying down on the ground was two girls.

???: How can you bring yourself to go that far?

The sound of a woman was standing behind him.

Ryu: Because I want these two to be happy.

??? 1: Big Brother...

??? 2: Big Bro...

Ryu: Forgive me... Rose... Tsukushi...

The young Ryu in the dream silently bit the two girls named Rose and Tsukushi on the neck. It was then Ryu was woken up from his dream with a cold sweat.

Poney: Ryu... Are you okay? Did you have a bad dream?

Looking around he was still lying down on Poney's lap at the rendezvous point. Ryu then shook his head and smiled at Poney.

Ryu: Nothing. I'm fine.

Ryu(mind): I feel like I've forgotten something important. But what...? Who is that woman...? Rose... Tsukushi...

(Timeskip)

It was the next day, Gozuki had now reunited with Green, Poney, and Ryu, the four of them retreated to a cabin in the woods. The older man sat in a chair, a cloak on as he drank out of liquor bottle. Green and Poney sat cross-legged in front of their adoptive father.

Poney: Gin's gone, and Akame and her team have been taken captive...

Ryu: Our opponents are nothing like they were before.

Green(mind): Is Akame okay?! She's so cute, so they're probably doing horrible things to her...

Gozuki: It could've been 'very bad' if we'd all been wiped out, so it's not the end of the world yet. Besides, I followed the enemy and located their hideout.

Poney: Which means this time, it's our turn to launch a surprise attack on them.

Gozuki: Yes. No matter what, we will crush them.

Green: I'd like to move as soon as possible too, but considering our enemy. If we're going to settle this, shouldn't we request backup from the Empire's local militia?

Gozuki: No. That's no good. The rebel army and Oarburghs may have already infiltrated the local forces. If the army gets involved, our surprise attack will go up in smoke.

Green: But are we few going to be enough to handle this? We could use some backup.

Poney: That's where our fighting spirit comes in! You're worried about Akame, aren't you?!

Green: That's why I want whatever strategy we think of to go off without a hitch.

Gozuki: Green's right. This isn't the kind of opponent we can beat with resolve alone.

Poney: Aww!

Ryu: So the plan is to join up with another team of assassins?

Gozuki: When it comes to shady adversaries, guile is what we need. Even though they're probably short on manpower as well. I have some friends in the area. I've already asked for support. They're staking out the enemy hideout right now.

Ryu:...

While planning for taking down the Oarburghs was underway, the only thing they could do at the moment was mourn. Slowly but surely, they are waiting for the opportunity for their revenge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 345 37
killing was all you ever knew. you felt as form of.... Satisfaction in the deaths of others by your hands, you even had the right tool for it, or bet...
127K 3.5K 57
Having been presumed dead, Akira woke up without any recollection of who he was. The only thing he does remember was his name, and the memory of a vi...
262K 11.5K 54
Everything we overcame would be for nothing. The pain we endure would be for nothing and you know it... Just stay with me, cause you're all I need. T...
48K 1.7K 39
Akira never knew his parents. The only thing he remembered was the cold feeling he's always felt and a raven's skull that hung from his neck. In this...