HAILEY

By alicat252

Hailey and Matthew's families grew up together through hockey tournaments and lake house trips . From a young... More

Character list
Character list pt 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Character list pt 3
Character list Pt4
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Upload schedule
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 23

178 7 4
By alicat252

Hailey Hughes POV

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." — Dr. Seuss

The girls and I are getting ready to head to dinner before Matty and Brady's game tonight. His parents , Chantal and Keith aren't going to dinner with us . Matt's grandparents flew in for the game so Chantal and Keith are taking them to dinner closer to the arena .

Taryn and Emma , Brady's wife and I are heading to my favorite sushi restaurant that I have been telling them about for like ever. My best friends Poppy and Rue are meeting us there. I'm excited for both Taryn and Emma to meet my friends , hopefully they'll hit it off.

I decided to wear this black crew neck I found online with Matty's face all over it , with the new pair of pants I found at the mall earlier today when Chantal Taryn Emma and I went shopping. It's very rare when I don't wear anything pink but todays outfit just doesn't look good with pink.

This has been happening more often recently, ever since I started going to Matty's games I have been trying to wear panthers gear or something with Matty's name or number on it . Panthers colors don't really go with pink , but I'll do just about anything for him .

" oh I like that where'd you find it ?" Taryn asks looking at my crew neck with her brothers face all over it . " I found it online I'll send you the link ." The girls and I take a few photos in front of the big mirror by the front door of Matty's house. I love big mirrors like this one , especially the one Matty's interior designer found for his house . The large square shaped mirror is wrapped in a marble boarder.

We just arrived at the sushi restaurant called Kai, the interior of the restaurant is beautiful. My favorite part is the fake cherry blossom trees. I love cherry blossoms there so beautiful. I quickly spot Poppy and Rue sitting at a booth table . I make my way over and hug both of them .

" Emma , Taryn this is Poppy and Rue " "hi I'm so happy to finally meet you , Hailey has told us so much about you both " Poppy says hugging both of them as I sit down next to Rue and grab a menu . Rue isn't really big on affection with people she's just met , it took her six months of us knowing each other before she ever let me hug her .

" I love your dress Poppy it looks great on you " em says as she sits down across from me . " so what can I expect from my first Tkachuk vs Tkachuk battle " Rue says looking towards Taryn and Emma . Both of the girls look at each other before looking at rue and saying at the same time " Chaos ". We all start laughing .

Dinner went great the girls ended up fast friends. I love dinners like tonight , full of laughter and maybe a little gossip. We're now on our way towards the arena for the game . As we're sitting in the Uber Rue tells us she has a surprise for us .

" one for you , one for you and one for you" Rue distributes a few tampons to all of us . " um,
Thanks ?" Taryn says absolutely confused . " yeah um I'm good I had my cycle last week " Emma says . Poppy and I just break out in laughter , with both of us knowing Rue we absolutely know without a doubt these aren't regular tampons.

" no silly girls theses aren't your usual tampons. There flasks filled with vodka " Rue says in a cutesy voice . We all dissolve into giggles and stuff the tampons into our bags. Our Uber dropped us off in the entrance used by family and friends .

After a long trek the girls and I make it to our seats where we meet back up with Chantal , Keith grandma and grandpa Tkachuk. Grandma grabs my hand and tugs me towards her seat . " I'm very happy to see that necklace around your neck finally. That damn boy took his sweet time " she's tells me as she shakes her head .
I just giggle and tell her " it's the right time now"

The game was indeed chaos . Matty did manage to get an assist on one of the five goals the panthers scored . Both matty and Brady spent time in the penalty box . They also spent most of the game mouthing off at each other. Both boys won't ever fight each other due to Chantal creating the no fighting rule between them the first time they played each other.

The panthers shut out the senators with a score of 5-0 . Matt and Brady along with many of their teammates were ejected from the game on misconducts . The last few moments of the game were just laughable at the amount of players remaining on the bench . The girls and I may have started a drinking game for every penalty in the game we'd sip from our flasks .

We should not have picked this game to play this drinking game , we are very drunk and giggly. Keith is basically dragging Taryn at this point as we make our way towards the locker rooms . Emma and I trying to hold each other both up and failing. We have fallen over at least four times so far . Chantal is just filming us the whole time .

Oh and Poppy and Rue left earlier in an Uber . I'm so gonna hate myself for this tomorrow. I have a huge cake order due tomorrow. Ugh I'm gonna be so hungover . "oh my god...Hailey look it's a kitty cat " Emma slurs as we collapse to the ground in the hallway near the locker rooms Taryn collapses next to us as we both look toward the panthers mascot and die of laughter .

" that's the biggest kitty I have ever seen " Taryn slurs hugging me tightly . " what the hell....." Matty says I look up from our cuddle pile on the floor to see Brady and Matty looking at us like we're crazy .
" are they drunk " Brady asks his father while taking pictures of us . " they played a drinking game , a sip of vodka for every penalty. The third period was when everything went downhill." Keith says shaking his head and laughing.

Brady picks Emma up into his arms , Keith helps Taryn up and puts her arm around his shoulder and drags her dead weight along , and Matty scoops me up bridal style in his arms and carries me out to his car . The rest of the night consists of the boys chasing us around Matty's as we try gymnastics, at one point we even had a Taylor swift concert . Eventually our battery ran out and we passed out .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I'm hungover and at the bakery working on the huge cake order due later today . Brady and the senators are leaving later tonight , the rest of the Tkachuks are leaving tomorrow morning so tonight we're having a early dinner at Matty's before Brady has to leave . I'm even making Brady a gift basket of goodies to take back to Ottawa with him.

The cake I'm working on is a seven tier cake for a wedding. The clients only requests were gold elements and pink flowers . The client gave me creative freedom for the rest of cake design. I love when clients give me creative control , it truly brings out my artistic side. I just wish I wasn't so hung over .

My employees and I spend the rest of the afternoon working on the cake . The final result was stunning, I even went along for the delivery.
I have to say their wedding is absolutely beautiful along with the bride her dress was so pretty. The clients absolutely loved the cake.

They also thanked me for doing this on such short notice . Three days ago I got a frantic phone call from the bride who's original baker backed out for absolutely no reason a few hours before . I felt so bad for her and told her I would of course do her cake for her and her future husband. It's also good for me because their wedding is being covered by Bride magazine, which will be great exposure for the bakery .

I just made it to Matt's house and I'm upstairs showering. As I'm washing my hair Matty climbs into the shower behind me . As his arms wrap around me i can feel his erection poking me from behind .
" absolutely not will I have sex with you as your mother and grandmother sit downstairs." Matt groans in my ear .

" please they won't hear us , I need you baby"
" and you'll have me tomorrow after everyone leaves ." I hop out of the shower and wrap a towel around me and a second around my hair . I spend the next half hour drying my hair and putting on a more comfortable outfit for dinner at home . As Matt takes care of his "issue" down south in the shower alone.

" do you remember the time matt ran away from home and managed to make it all the way to what ever state the Hughes were living in at the time " Brady's asks laughing " oh my god yes he was what ten at the time and Hailey was six " Taryn says before I reply
" yep I had just been given my first room without having to share with jack , I hid Matty in my closet for like a week before my dad found him " .

" at the time it was the scariest week of my life , my first baby was missing " Chantal adds and I also add
" apparently bringing meals for my brand new imaginary friend into my room at every mealtime was quite suspicious." "I still remember Jim's face when he opened Haileys closet door and found me eating spaghetti on the floor ." Matty's says before dissolving into laughter .

I love spending time with the Tkachuks . One of the downsides of having a boyfriend, brother or son in the NHL is the sacrifice of time . We don't get to be around each other a lot during the year so it's important to savor the times we do have .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 1.8K 46
sequel to Dessert • • • • Jack Hughes x OC
207K 5.8K 51
She's sick. He's heartbroken. They put a ring on it. The line between deals and promises is beginning to blur. * What starts out as a deal between...
25.5K 408 27
"𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘺�...
21.7K 490 27
YOU'RE LOSING ME- LH43 IN WHICH- they were strangers then they became friends, they became lovers, they became strangers again. "𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙...