Adopted.. By Who? [One Direct...

By TearingMeApart

Picture this; A mom, dad, daughter and a son. The perfect family. The live in a small blue house on the corne... More

Chapter 1: Alone.
Chapter 2: Meeting
Chapter 3: Shopping.
Chapter 4: Interviewer Lady Person Thingy Cat Dog Fish Gerbil Hamster..
Chapter 5: Twitter addiction? Yes.
Chapter 6: I could be sleeping. But no.
Chapter 7: Don't. Wake. Me. Up.
Chapter 8: Sleepover. Kinda?
Chapter 9: Fake friends.
Chapter 10: It's the Ghost of Abraham Lincoln I swear.
Chapter 11: Teach Me Your Ways.
Chapter 12: Mary Had A Little Lamb
Chapter 13: I feel so alone.
Chapter 14: He's Broken.
Chapter 15: That was my heart breaking.
Chapter 16: I just want my Sophie back.
Chapter 18: Gone.
Chapter 19: Happy Birthday
Chapter 20: Shh.
Chapter 21: Mute.
Chapter 22: This Is Not Sophie Tomlinson.
Chapter 23: Smiling again.
Chapter 24: Normal.
Chapter 25: Interesting.
Chapter 26: What.
Chapter 27: Not Sorry.
Chapter 28: We're not even related.

Chapter 17: Just You And Me.

31.5K 848 127
By TearingMeApart

Sophie’s POV

----

“Everyone look nice! Girls make sure your hair looks neat and brushed!” Mrs. Kurters yells rushing around.

Right now we’re suppose to make ourselves look nice because there are two couples coming to look at us.

I don’t need to bother getting all dolled up to be disappointed. Being adopted by them was a once in a lifetime deal.

I walk over to Anna in her room while she’s brushing her hair. She’s become like a little sister to me over the past month.

“Do you want me to do a special braid in your hair?” I ask.

“Yes please!” Anna pleads.

“Okay sit down.” I say.

Anna sits criss-cross apple sauce as she calls it and I start to brush and fishtail her hair. It takes about eight minutes but I finally finish doing her hair.

“Thank you Sophie!” She says standing up.

“You’re welcome! Let’s go downstairs so maybe you can get adopted and have a new mommy and daddy.” I say taking her hand.

“I don’t want a new mommy and daddy. I want my old ones.” She says quietly.

“I know, but maybe you’ll be even happier.” I say smiling.

“Okay!” She says running down the stairs.

“I’ve never seen you this happy.” Someone says.

I turn around to see Lennox.

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“After you’ve taken Anna in you’re not the same depressed Sophie I met when you came here.” She says.

“Is that a bad thing?” I ask.

“No, no! It’s good actually, I like the happy Sophie much better.” She says.

“Yeah I guess it’s better for me too. What age are the couples looking for?” I ask changing the subject

“Not sure yet, I think they’re just looking and then they’re going to decide.” She tells me.

“So that means I have to go downstairs right?” I say.

“Unfortunately.” She replies.

Lennox and I trot down the stairs to the “dining room” where all of the kids are sitting on the floor. I sit against the back wall with Lennox next to me. Anna turns around and runs towards us. She plops herself in my lap and we wait for Mrs. Kurters to announce who is going to get an interview.

“Well hello to you to Anna.” I say patting her head.

She giggles.

“Hi Lennox!” She says smiling.

“Hey Anna.” She says.

“Everyone quiet! Our first couple will be coming in and asking a few of you to line up outside of the living room so you can be interviewed!” Mrs. Kurters says.

A man and a woman about mid 20’s walk in. They make there way around the room asking kids if they would mind being interviewed, I’ve noticed a pattern all the kids are young. No one ever picks older kids.

The lady taps Anna. “Would you mind being interviewed? 

Anna nods her head quickly and lines up by the living room. I give her a thumbs up and she smiles at me.

“What would you do if she got adopted?” Lennox asks me.

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“What if those people want her? Like they’re going to adopt her?” She says.

“Then they adopt her. Don’t get to attached to anyone they can be taken from you in a split second.” I say growing quieter with each word.  

“Sophie, they were wrong to give you back.” Lennox says.

“No, I’m glad they gave me back, I wouldn’t want to live somewhere where they didn’t love me.” I reply.

“I’m sure they loved you.” Lennox assures me.

“Yeah loved me.” I reply.

“Just trying to help.” She says.

“I know and I’m sorry, it’s just a really touchy subject.” I tell her.

I told Lennox when I first came here about my life before and how I was given back, but she never returned the favor. I have no idea what happened and how she ended up here.

I start to fiddle with my thumbs worrying.

What if Anna did get adopted?

I know I’ve only known her for a month but she’s like my sister, I’ve never had a sister before.

Well, I’ve never had a family before either but that is beside the point.

I play with my blonde hair nervously, Anna walk into the living room to talk with the couple. About 3 minutes later she walks back out calmly and sits right back on my lap.

“How’d it go?” I ask.

“Good.” She replies.

Simple answer. 

The next couple walks out and introduces themselves.

“Hi I’m Lou Teastdale and this is my fiancé Tom.” The women says.

“Holy frick.” I say.

“What’s wrong?” Lennox asks.

“Shi- oot. I know her. She knows them.” I say.

“You mean One Direction?” Lennox asks.

“YES! Who else?” I say ducking behind Anna.

“What’s wrong Sophie?” Anna says tapping my head.

“Uh nothing.” I say.

Lou makes her way towards where we’re sitting and I’m almost one hundred percent sure she’ll recognize me. I take a piece of my hair and put it to cover my face. It isn’t very attractive but hey, what works works.

“Hello ladies what are your names?” Lou asks us.

“I’m Anna! That’s Lennox and that’s S-“

“Sarah. I’m Sarah.” I reply still not looking up.

“What your-“ Anna starts before I cover her mouth.

“Anyways, you can run along now.” I say still not looking up.

“Would you mind be interviewed?” She asks me.

“No, because I- uh I uhm have to poop.” I say putting Anna in Lennox’s lap and running towards the bathroom. 

I run into the bathroom and close the door looking into the cracked mirror. What would Lou done if she recognized me? Would she tell Louis? No, because he wouldn’t care. He gave me back therefore he doesn’t love me.

I sit against the bathroom wall and ponder.

I wonder what Laykin’s doing right now. Is she sad? Is she happy I’m gone? I wonder what I would have been doing if this hadn’t had happened. Would I be in school being teased? Probably. Maybe this was for the better.

“Soph, you can come out now she left.” Lennox says knocking on the door.

I open the door and walk with Lennox back to Anna.

“Sophie!” She says running towards me.

I scoop her up and put her on my hip, to be honest this girl weighs nothing, probably the lack of food here.

“Hi Anna.” I say.

“EVERYONE BACK UPSTAIRS!” Mrs. Kurters yells.

Well there goes the nice act.

I run up the creaky stairs still holding Anna. I walk up into my room setting Anna on my mattress. I sit down next to her.

“Sophie?” Anna asks.

“Yes?” I say.

“I don’t want to get adopted.” She tells me.

“And why not?” I ask.

“I don’t want to leave you.” She says looking down.

I pull her into a hug.

“I don’t want to leave you either.” I tell her.

That’s when I get the idea.

“Anna what if we don’t need parents to be a family?” I say.

“I don’t know what you mean.” She tells me.

I have to remember she’s only 5.

“We could leave this place, be on our own just you and me.” I say.

“That could be our family?” She asks.

“Yep. Just you and me.” I say.

To be honest the idea sounds perfect to me. Sure it isn’t the perfect life but since when did I ever have that?

“I want to do that.” She says.

“Alright, so here’s the plan”

---

Well hai.

I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER!

Just kidding I saw you yesterday.

I'm so mad the reads were all broken and ugh my last chapter has like 100 reads. </3 

PLEASE check out MaxAndCaylie's story! 

Shanks.

ilysfm. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 10.9K 23
EXPLICIT CONTENT- READ AT YOUR OWN RISK "We're not going to touch you, sweetheart, not until your sixteenth birthday, but that doesn't mean we won't...
Obese By Jordan

Short Story

108K 2.3K 22
Trigger Warning//Anorexia story Book 1 of the Loving Yourself Hurts series. Lyra is 15 and she feels alone. She has a few friends, but she just wants...
1.1M 34.1K 34
I cannot feel. I should be emotionless. He is changing me. He is making me feel. He is dominating me. My body reacts to this man. It's... frightening...
26.1K 1.1K 21
Miss. Manoban said having an abusive relationship wasn't bad. Especially when a good start was to move out of her lovers Mansion. Little did she knew...