Fake-Married to My Billionair...

Galing kay anselacorsino

"It doesn't have to be me." He lowers his head to brush his lips over mine. "I want it to be you, Kate." Raul... Higit pa

Author's Note - Please read this before you begin the story
Chapter 1.1 : A Wake-Up Call
Chapter 1.2 : A Wake-Up Call (part 2)
Chapter 2.1 : All My Friends Are Married (part 1)
Chapter 2.2 : All My Friends Are Married (part 2)
Chapter 3.1 : Two Proposals (part 1)
Chapter 3.2 : Two Proposals (part 2)
Chapter 4 : Finding A Bride
Chapter 5 : An Invitation
Chapter 6 : Sleepover
Chapter 7 : A Marin Bride
Chapter 8 : Separate Rooms
Chapter 9.1 : Not Mrs. Marin (part 1)
Chapter 9.2 : Not Mrs. Marin (part 2)
Chapter 10 : Honeymoon 🌶🌶🌶
Chapter 11 : A Probationary Period
Chapter 12 : Any Kind of Drama
Chapter 13 : Nightcap
Chapter 14 : A Weekend Apart 🌶
Chapter 15 : It's Not A Date
Chapter 16 : Weakness
Chapter 17 : Surprise
Chapter 18 : A Family Affair
Chapter 19 : Trap
Chapter 20 : Unspoken
Chapter 21 : Overtime
Chapter 22 : The Wedding Planners
Chapter 23 : Very Bad Decisions
Chapter 24 : Too Perfect 🌶
Chapter 25 : Nothing to Do With Love
Chapter 26 : Confession
Chapter 27 : No Negotiations
Chapter 28 : Protecting Her
Chapter 29 : Something Unsaid
Chapter 30 : Never Leave Me
Chapter 31 : Indefinitely Yours
Chapter 32 : An Offer
Chapter 33 : Cherchez La Femme
Chapter 34 : A Token of Affection
Chapter 35 : Por que la belleza sobra
Chapter 36 : Uninvited
Chapter 37 : Necessary Measures
Chapter 38 : Fooled
Chapter 39 : A Practical Woman
Chapter 40 : End of the Party
Chapter 41 - Just for Tonight (Part 1)
Chapter 41 : Just For Tonight (Part 2)
Chapter 42 : A Private Matter
Chapter 43 : One of Us
Chapter 44 : Dead End
Chapter 45 : Safe
Chapter 46 : Caged
Chapter 48 : Preparations
Chapter 49 : The Secrets We Keep
Chapter 50 : Trust
Chapter 51 : Pretenses
Chapter 52 : Confrontation
Chapter 53 : One Last Dance
Chapter 54 : Gamble
Chapter 55 : Reckless
Chapter 56 : Tell Him
Chapter 57 : This Side of Justice
Chapter 58 : Post Mortem
Chapter 59 : One of Their Own
Chapter 60 : Just Visiting
Chapter 61 : Witness

Chapter 47 : Accusations

1.3K 105 6
Galing kay anselacorsino

Katelin

"How long has this affair been going on, querida? Was it when you stopped sleeping in my bed?"

I've seen Raul angry before, but never like this. He says the words in a low, almost quiet tone, yet there is no mistaking the simmering emotions underneath it.

How dare he?

He sends me on an errand, and I come here to find him with another woman in his arms. And he's accusing me of being with another man?

"It's none of your business," I say, keeping my tone cool.

I turn to leave, trying to duck under his arm, but he lowers it, blocking my escape.

"It's very much my business, Señora Marin."

I don't miss the mocking that laced the last two words. I turn to glare at him. "Not according to our contract, it's not." This time, I'm unable to keep the edge out of my voice.

"We both know that contract is non-binding. Not legally."

"So, what, are you going to try to shake the information out of me?"

I freeze when he suddenly takes my chin between his thumb and forefinger. Despite the hardness of his eyes, his touch is gentle.

"Do you actually think I would ever lay a hand on you like that, Kate?"

He's hurt by my insinuation, I can see that now. Tears prick my eyes, but I ignore them. "I don't know, Raul. I don't like being interrogated like a criminal."

"What do you want, Kate?"

"If you don't have any more errands for me to run, I'd like to go home now."

"Our home."

"Is there a different place I should be going home to?"

"No." His expression turns weary. "We'll talk about this later, Kate. I'll see you tonight."

I let my gaze flicker toward the bedrooms. "Are you sure about that?"

"Don't..." His jaw clenches again. "Not now, Kate. Tonight."

I nod. He doesn't stop me from leaving this time. A small, petty part of me urges me to leave the apartment card key on the center table of the foyer but the larger, more sensible part of me overrides that impulse. Olivia is still our responsibility and since only Raul and I know about this apartment, I need to be able to check on her if he can't.

As the elevator takes me down to the building lobby, guilt feels like a lead weight in my chest. What's wrong with me? Olivia's life may be in danger and here I was indulging in a petty squabble with my husband. We had a deal. If he chose to take a lover, it would be well within the parameters of our agreement.

Either way, it would never be Olivia. Even during his bachelorhood, he never dated an employee of the company. Furthermore, she was in a precarious, vulnerable situation and Raul would never take advantage of that.

***

Raul

Olivia walks into the living room just as I end the phone call. "Kate showed me where things are in the kitchen," she says. She's changed into a loose, cropped hoodie and leggings, with her long, auburn hair loose over her shoulders. She looks pale and tired, yet determined to put up a brave front. "Would you like some coffee?"

"Thank you, no," I say, putting down my phone. "I've asked your attorney to file the police report."

"Police report?" Her eyes grow wide.

"The break-in." I hold up a hand. "Don't worry, you won't have to talk to them until tomorrow, I told them you were still in shock."

"Thank you."

"Will you be up for it? Say, at ten a.m.?"

"Yes, of course."

"I thought you'd be resting." I look at my watch. "Dinner should be here in a couple of minutes."

The apartment building had an in-house chef service exclusively for residents but I don't want to take any chances. For Olivia's meals, I've instructed my security detail to get takeout from a random restaurant for each meal.

"I tried to take a nap." She smiles sheepishly. "Kate gave me some tea to help calm me, but it didn't take."

"Would you like me to sing you to sleep?"

She scrunches up her face, pretending to think it over. "Maybe later."

I nod. "Good call."

"Do you mind if I hang out here? I know I can't talk to my friends, but it's driving me a little nuts."

"Yes of course. I'm sorry, but we have to take precautions. It's only for a couple of days." I'm not optimistic so much as determined to get to the bottom of this soon.

"I know, it's fine."

"All the streaming programs are available on the TV. If you need any books, coffee, or personal items, just let Rosa know. You have her number, right?" I assigned two of my security detail to take care of escorting Olivia and get her what she needed.

She's settled on the couch and is browsing through the selection of a streaming service. "Yes. And I'll only use the burner phone you gave me."

"We're going to sort this out soon, all right? And everything will get back to normal."

"I hope so. You really have better things to do than babysit me."

"Nobody else knows about this apartment." I give her a wry smile. "So you're only getting either Kate or me."

"You don't have to stay, Raul. I should be all right here."

"Olivia." I get up and sit beside her on the sofa. "It's very important that you don't leave this apartment."

She gives me a pained look. "I know. I'm sorry I left the hotel, that was really stupid. I'm going to stay put until this mess is cleared up, I promise." She put a hand on my arm. "Please believe me."

I give her hand a reassuring pat. "I believe you. And you were right— it wasn't safe in your apartment. Whatever happens, it helps to listen to your instincts."

"I feel safe here. With you."

She leans closer, and in her eyes, there's a look I recognize. Vulnerability and desire. An intoxicating combination. And a dangerous one.

"Do you trust me, Olivia?"

"Yes. I trust you with my life."

My phone which I'd left on the end table rings. I pick it up and glance at the caller ID.

"Who is it?" Olivia says.

"Dinner." I answer the call. "Yes, come on up, Rosa."

"I'm not that hungry," Olivia says when I end the call.

"You need to eat. I got us some Italian. I thought we'd have some wine with it."

She smiles. "I'd love some wine."

***

Katelin

The next morning...

"Good morning, Ms. Kate," Mrs. Evelyn White greets me cheerfully. She sets down the pot of coffee on the breakfast table.

I eye the single place setting on the pale gold tablecloth. "Has Mr. Marin left?" I ask, trying to sound casual.

"He didn't come in last night." Mrs. White shakes her head. "Mr. Raul works too hard. It's not healthy."

I avert my gaze as I spread my napkin over my lap. There's a cold weight in my chest I try to ignore. "No," I say lightly. "It's really not."

So there really wasn't any point in waiting up for Raul last night. I stayed up until eleven, expecting him to knock on my bedroom door when he got in. There was no knock, no sign of him. I had the urge to check in his bedroom in case he'd fallen asleep and forgotten to check in on me, but my pride wouldn't let me.

"Now that you're working again, I hope you remember to keep to your office schedule, Ms. Kate. It won't do to have two workaholics in the family."

I smile up at her gratefully. "I'll remember that, Mrs. White."

One of the maids, Della, rushes into the room with a wireless phone. "Ms. Kate, it's Mr. Marcus," she says, handing it to me.

He probably tried to call me on my mobile but I had left it in my purse in the living room. "Thanks, Della," I say, taking the phone from her. "Hi, Marcus."

"I need to talk to you. I'm on my way there."

"I'm on my way to work, sorry. What's it about?"

"Can't you take the morning off?"

"Uhm." I frown. "I'd rather not. Is something wrong?"

"Maybe. I'll come see you at work. Will we be able to talk privately?"

"Of course. Marcus, you're making me nervous."

"It'll be all right."

"Does this have something to do with Raul?"

He's quiet for a long moment. "I'll talk to you soon."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this chapter, please vote by clicking on the star icon! Chapter 48 will be up on 8 January 2024.

Subscribers on my other website get to read chapters in advance . Chapters 1 to 49 are available there now, plus bonus scenes and chapters. Join the fun here (pls type the URL in your browser) -

https://anselacorsino.com/fmmbb

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

31.9K 1.7K 50
Daisy has been a stripper all of her life against her wishes. With an annoyingly genius brother to take care of, she is ready to do whatever it takes...
527K 24.9K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...
10.5M 353K 49
WARNING!!! MATURE content for 18 years old and above!!! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this story! W...
81K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...