The Queen of Broken Hearts

By CECE5050

Kitty C. Cat has had a difficult life born as a pirates daughter that was cursed with magic, then she taken b... More

Don't cry my kitten
Henry Daniel Mills! You will make me grow grey hairs!
The fairest of them all
Hello Mr.Jefferson
What's my story Henry?
Two Dozen Roses
My handsome hatter
Finding John Doe
Once Upon A Dream
Bad things happen to Good People
The Dark Ones Daughter
She's My Aunt!!! She's My Best Friend!!!
The Huntsman
Backstories
The Beautiful Market Woman
Make It Work
The Tavern Singer To The Queen Of Broken Hearts
Making Reacquaintances
The Pirate and The Crocodile
Regina What Have You Done?!
"Forever?" "Forever."
Breaking The Curse
Save Us Emma... Save Us All
Reunite
My Other Chance
Dont Mess With Grandpappy Gold
The Wardrobe
I Left Her!
I See It's A Very Literal Name... Hook
Dream A Little Dream Of Me
Dreamy Connection
The Plan
Your Not Real...
Telling the Truth and Tacos
The Forgotten Childhood
The Wrong Price
The Talk
Half Conscious Phone Call
Hey Big Brother...
Grace's Saviour
What A Family...
Concussion City
A Flower A Day Keeps The Dark One Away
Cora's Revenge
Five Years of Freedom
Rumple's Price
The Adventures Of Grace Hatter
The Calm Before The Volcano
Alice Kent
Jefferson's Rage
Mysterious Woman In Brown
The Trigger
Neverland
A Villain?
Please Don't Be Mad At Me
The Map
Truth Hurts
The Tale of The Pirate and The Pigtails.
The Boy With No Name
Our Son
Jack Frost
Echoes
The Hatters Are Healing
Blessings
Jefferson Gets Even
Storming The Camp
Skull Rock
Leafy and Mr. Buttons
Leaving Neverland
Trapped
Back In StoryBrooke
Mama's Gone!
Henry is Pan?
Goodbye Storybrooke for Good.
Blink
What's happening in Storybrooke
I'm Sorry, Who Are You?
Your Family Concerns Me...
Arrow & Whiskers
Following Voices
The Mark
The Curse in Two Hearts.
Shockwaves
The Wicked West
Confrontations and Cafes
Five Lives
Back Home.
Heading Home
Big News
Old Friends and Dark Magic
Anidori and Old Curses
Show Yourself
Floating Lights
Ten Bucks
The Mad Hatter
Baby Proofing and Bullying
Healing
Family Pride and Families Reunite
Hatter-ly Ever After
Book Two

Talks on The Docks

185 6 17
By CECE5050

The next day Kitty and Grace went for a walk and they ended up by the docks coincidentally, they had decided to go out for a walk whilst Jefferson did a bit of work in the house mainly adding a sliding latch on their bedroom door after a small... incident that had happened to them that morning that almost left them with a traumatised Grace, let's just say Grace will think twice about knocking before barging into her parents bedroom... so whilst Jefferson was doing that with Henry's help, because Kitty thought that Henry would really benefit from a male figure in his life spending time with him, the two girls decided that they would have some mother and daughter time so they just walked and ended up there at the docks, so they decided to sit on a bench facing the water and Kitty wrapped her arm around Grace letting the girl relax and lean into her side "your papa was telling me that you have magic." Kitty says and Grace nods against her side. 

"I'm scared though mama... I don't want to hurt anyone... I was gonna speak to grandpappy to see if he could help." Grace says and Kitty stiffens up "that's a beautiful idea baby but... I don't want you to see grandpappy for a few days okay sweetheart?" She says and Grace leans back to look up at her mothers face "why? What's happened? Did Grandpappy Gold do something bad?" Grace asks and Kitty sighs before nodding "yes he did, he told a very big lie, it's hurt me quite a lot so I'm deciding what I'm going to do... to be honest Gracie I don't know if I can forgive him this time..." Kitty says as she looks out towards the water, although she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched by someone but she looked around and couldn't see anyone and there were no boats in the dock so she shook her head and looked back out towards the water. 

"your grandpappy... he isn't my father Grace... and it's complicated but basically, when I was younger my real father and your grandpappy they... had a bit of a fall out and grandpappy done something horrible and thought that he would take me with him as some sort of reward proving that he was better..." Kitty trails off and Grace's bottom lip started trembling and Kitty knew that she would start crying because she adored her grandpappy and she always had done "no... maybe there was some mistake? Maybe it happened differently?" Grace says trying to understand, she was trying to make a version of the story in her head that made her grandpappy the good guy. 

"I'm so sorry sweetheart... I just needed some time to think so I told him to stay away from us for a few days okay?" Kitty says and Grace nods her head "yes mama." She says and Kitty smiles and kisses her head "that's my girl." She says and Grace smiles at her and hugs her from the side before she pulls back and looks back out towards the water "so who is your real dad?" Grace asks her and Kitty sighs and leans forward with her elbows on her knees "his name is Killian Jones, he's a pirate... he is probably better known for his name Captain Hook." Kitty says and hears Grace gasp slightly behind her and she turns to look at the girl who looked shocked "what? What is it? Have you met him before?" She asks her daughter who quickly shakes her head. 

"no never, Captain Hook? Who's he? Never heard of him! Not until you mentioned him then technically I have heard of him making my previous statement false but oops! Sorry! What can we do about it?!" Grace rambles away and Kitty just raises an eyebrow to indicate she wasn't buying it and Grace laughs nervously and looks around "mama.. maybe we could go for a walk into town and maybe get some food for papa and Henry?" She suggests and Kitty nods her head with a smile and the mother daughter duo leave the docks hand in hand whilst a heartbroken pirate on a glamoured ship cries into a baby blanket that he held tight in his clutch...

The rest of the day the hatters spent it together as a family watching tv and talking about different things from both before the curse and during it, Henry listened to everyword loving to hear about the enchanted forrest, the whole day Kitty felt as though she was always being watched and it had started freak her out but she could never see anyone when she checked her surroundings... the next day the four of them go to Granny's to meet Emma for breakfast "So, what was it like? Over there?" Henry asks looking from his aunt to his mother and Kitty laughs "I'll let you take the wheel Emma." Kitty says and Emma clears her throat thinking about what she's going to say. 

"Well, let's see. There were ogres, the dead rising, people trying to kill me. And...more ogres." Emma says and Kitty nods "oh and don't forget the giant, the evil witch or captain guyliner." Kitty says and Emma laughs at the last one "Awesome." Henry says and Emma gives him a look "Kid, we got to work on your sense of awesome. Come on. It's time for school. I'll walk you to the school bus." She says and whilst both kids groan at the thought of school they both look at Emma "It's okay. I can go on my own, and besides me and Grace are going together." Henry says and Grace nods her head in confirmation. 

"I know that you can. That doesn't mean that you should." Emma says and henry and Grace just stare at her "David let us... Jefferson always walked us... but David let us!" Henry says and Kitty laughs "Kitten I don't know if you've noticed but sadly I'm not David, I lack the jawline, the ability to herd sheep and the wife who can talk to birds." Kitty says and Emma raises an eyebrow "oh but apart from that you have everything else?" She says and Kitty cocks her head to the side "pretty much... yeah but... I'm prettier." She says before Henry gets the debate back on topic "You used to let me." Henry says and Emma sighs "Well, I am not me. I'm walking you, because that's what mothers do. And I'm doing it... besides Kitty and Jefferson are walking Grace, don't you want to walk with them?" Emma asks and Henry thinks about it, he most certainly did want to walk with his aunt, but he wasn't going to let her know that... 

Well at least not for five seconds anyway "nnn.. n.... No..." he mumbles before looking at his aunt who had her arms crossed looking at him "I wanna hold aunt Kitty's hand..." he says quietly and Kitty smiles at him "deal kitten." She says and Henry smiles at looks down at the table and Grace just leans more into her mother and Kitty smiles and pushes her hair out of her eyes. "My beautiful girl." She says kissing the tip of Graces nose making her laugh, they pay for their food and leave the dinner with Jefferson holding Graces hand who was holding onto her mothers hand as well and Kitty was also holding onto Henry's hand and they are walking for a few moments before a very distressed Pongo runs at them and Kitty's ears move a little as she listens to the dog. 

"Hey, Pongo. It's okay. It's okay." The kids try and calm him down whilst Kitty listens to him "Where's Archie?" Emma asks and she watches Kitty's ears wiggling "Emma, something's wrong." Kitty says as Emma nods and Emma looks at her weirdly before looking at Henry and Grace who were now both holding onto Jefferson "How do you know? Never mind. The cat thing. You know what? Eleven is old enough to walk to the bus stop with your uncle only. We'll pick you up later." Emma says and Henry and Grace nod their heads "Okay." Henry says and Kitty smiles at both children "goodbye, I love you both." She says quickly kissing both of their heads and she sees that Ruby has also joined them outside now and the three of them follow Pongo back to Archie's office which has the door open slightly "Archie?" Kitty asks as she opens the door to look in and she spots her friend lying on the ground. 

"Archie! Oh tea cups! Oh please no... Archie!" Kitty says and Ruby quickly follows in behind Emma "What? What is it?" Ruby asks as Emma stands in shock with her hand over her mouth "Archie..." emma trails off as Kitty checks for a pulse, but finds nothing and she shakes her head "No... No..." Ruby says and Kitty wipes her eyes "Who would do this?" She asks and Ruby remembers something she saw "I think I know." She says and begins to explain to them about seeing Regina and Archie fighting to seeing Regina enter his office the previous night and so Emma calls her parents and Regina but Kitty isn't so sure "I don't like this Emma, something doesn't feel right about this." She says and Emma just looks at her. 

"well we don't have any other leads so..." she trails off with a shrug and enters the interrogation room with David while Mary Margaret watches through the glass with Kitty beside so she could study Regina's reaction "Glad to see the Sheriff's station's now a family business. Why am I here?" Regina asks and Emma looks at her and cuts to the chase not wanting to play it out "You know why you're here. Because of Archie." Emma says and Regina gets an annoyed look on her face "Oh, it's now against the law to get into an argument with someone?" She asks not happy and David crosses him arms leaning back in his chair "It is if you go to their office later that night and kill them." He says and Regina's whole face drops and Kitty notices the genuine shock on Regina's face and in that moment she knows that Regina has nothing to do with it "Archie's dead?" Regina asks and David scoffs. 

"Stop it, Regina. Ruby saw you going into his office last night." He says and Regina shakes her head "Then she's lying. I was home all evening. After everything I've done to change, to win Henry back, why would I toss it all away now? And, if I did and I was going to kill Archie, you would never know it. The fact that he's dead and you caught me shows sloppiness." Regina says and Kitty agrees with her, if she was going to kill someone she certainly wouldn't do it like this and especially not with Henry relying on her so much to change and be better. "You've been caught before. Come on, Emma. Who do you think's lying – Ruby, or her? She's incapable of change, no matter how many times we've given her the chance. Why should this time be any different?" David says and that hurts Kitty, a lot... maybe a lot more than it should've but she thinks back to wonderland

'"no David you don't understand what I've done, I'm not good anymore... I can't be helped..." she says and David shakes his head "I don't believe that Kitty everyone can be helped."'

It really upset Kitty to hear him say that to Regina, and when Emma and David come out of the room she gives them her opinion "So what do we do with her now?" Mary Margaret asks and David is quick to answer before Kitty can get a word in "Lock her up." He says shrugging and Kitty looks at him in disgust "we can't lock her up, because she didn't do it... what has gotten in to you? You once told me 'everyone can be helped' remember that? And you have just sat in there and said Regina is incapable of change... that's such a horrible thing to say about anyone David... and the worst part is I think you genuinely believe that." Kitty says and he goes to speak but can't come up with the words so Kitty scoffs and shakes her head as tears burn in her eyes. 

"so much for 'forever' huh?" She says and begins to walk away "that's an innocent women you have in there and if your going to lock her up just because her past makes her look like the suspect then I'm just as guilty as her... I want no part in this." Kitty says and David tries to speak to her "Kitty please..." he tries but she turns to him "no! I don't even know who you are... You are unbelievable David, you can't just choose who you want to have faith in to change and who you don't!... Ruth would be so disappointed in you." She says and she can see it breaks his heart but she doesn't care and with a flick of her wrist she disappears in a cloud of blue smoke, she takes herself to the docks and again she doesn't know why she's back here but it feels calming to her so she walks to the end of the docks and sits down dangling her legs off the end being carefully not to lean to far forward so she doesn't fall in because she can't swim at all.

After sitting for around half an hour she hears feet tapping the wood as they approach her and she turns to see Pongo which makes her smile "c'mere boy." She says and he happily walks over to her before turning to the side of the dock and barking which confuses Kitty because there is nothing there "Pongo! Calm down boy there isn't anything there... what's got into you boy..." Kitty says and begins to pull the dog away from the docks and he calms down when they're back on the sidewalk up by Main Street and Kitty gets a text from Emma saying that they looking for Pongo because they need him at her fathers shop and so she took a deep breath and told Emma she would bring them Pongo and she walks him over to her fathers shop and she takes him inside and hands the lead to David and goes to leave when her father calls out to her "Kitty?" He says and she turns slightly to see him. 

"please will you just stay?" He says and Kitty looks to Emma "I'll be outside." She says and leaves the shop to wait outside and she doesn't have to wait long until Emma is rushing out of the shop and Kitty snaps out of whatever day dream she was having "Emma! Wait. Where are you going?" Kitty asks her and she just continues marching away with Mary Margaret and David following her "To get Regina." She says and that shocks Kitty so she runs into the shop and sees a dream catcher on the counter and picks it up uses her magic to watch the memory play and she sees Regina strangle Archie but Regina would never do that, she would never just strangle someone, it would take too much time and energy from her part, she would just snap their necks, something wasn't adding up here and Kitty didn't like it. 

"Pongo let's go boy." She says and the dog obediently follows her because he knows her and Kitty gets outside right as the charmings are planning something and Pongo just sits patiently and watches as Kitty walks after them "Leave that to me. Trust me – we're locking her up." Emma says and Kitty just sighs and follows after them wanting to make sure nothing kicked off between anyone. Pongo huffs and follows after the people who in his opinion rush around far too much, he just wanted a bandersnatch biscuit from Kitty but that seemed unlikely...

Kitty watches as Emma knocks on Regina's door, while David and Mary Margaret stand behind her "Miss Swan. I assume you're here to apologize." Regina says and Emma shakes her head at Regina "I saw you do it." She says and Kitty can't hold back "I really don't think that was her." She says and Mary Margaret gives her a look "What?" Regina says and Emma repeats herself "I saw it. You choked the life out of Archie." She says and Regina is speechless "What are you talking about? How is that even possible?" Regina says and Kitty can tell just by how she is acting that she is telling the truth "Magic." David says and Kitty glared at the back of his head, she is not happy with him at all and he knows it, "You..." Regina gets cut off by Emma "I saw what happened, and it was you." Emma says and Kitty tries again. 

"Emma, it really wasn't her!" She says and Regina's face drops "Gold. He helped you. Because it certainly wasn't Kitty! You're going to trust him, of all people, when he's probably the one behind this?" Regina says and Mary Margaret shakes her head "We didn't trust him. That's why Emma used magic instead." She says and Regina looks at Emma accusingly "You can use magic... The saviour. Of course. Well, I can only assume he warned you, then." Regina says and Emma looks confused "About what?" She asks and it's Kitty that answers her "That magic always comes with a price." She says and Emma nods before looking back at Regina "Yeah? Well, that's a price we're both going to pay" the blonde woman says and Regina is confused "How's that?" Regina asks and Emma grits her teeth together. 

"Henry. He believed in you. His heart's going to break. That's both our prices." Emma says and Kitty can't let her do that to Regina... not whilst she knows that Regina is being set up by someone and she can't let her break Henry's heart like that either. "No. I will not let you poison Henry against me." Regina says and Emma scoffs "It's an interesting word choice, since you already did." She says and she goes to leave with her parents and Kitty shakes her head "this is a horrible idea, I'm not letting you do this." Kitty says but Regina follows them "I want to see him. He deserves to hear my side of the story! He's my son!" Regina shouts but Emma turns to her quicker than anything "He's not! He's mine! And, after this, you're not getting anywhere near him! Do it!" Emma shouts and Kitty is confused but she gasps when Mother Superior appears from behind a tree and fires a blast of light magic at Regina. 

However, she sees it coming in time and stops it "Did you really think that would work again?" Regina asks and she throws the magic orb on the ground near David and Mary Margaret which keeps them back and away from her "You... You will not keep my son from me." Regina says and magically throws Emma backwards down the walkway which causes Mary Margaret to run to help her up "So much for fairy dust. Maybe some of your newfound magic can save you now." Regina says and Emma shakes her head as she stands up "I don't need it. I already won. There is no way Henry will swallow your lies about Archie now. You can pretend all you want, but we know how you are, and who you will always be." She says and that is not just an insult to Regina but it's a stab in the gut for Kitty as well and she shakes her head. 

"I can't believe you just said that. It's like a damn family trait at this point... But hey you know what they say... like father, like daughter?" She says and looks at Emma with a fierce determination in her eyes "I'm telling you she didn't do this." Kitty says and Regina magically disappears in a puff of purple smoke and Kitty thinks through her options before making her decision, she wasn't letting Henry be hurt in the crossfire "Henry won't be going with you." She says and Emma quickly turns to her "he's my son." She says and Kitty laughs, did she think if she said that sentence more that the importance of it would increase, because spoiler alert, it doesn't.

"Emma you gave him up for adoption ten years ago. A closed adoption I might add, which meant you wanted nothing to do with him and in those ten years, I have been his godmother whilst Regina has been his mother, and as his godmother, he will be staying with me if his mother is gone so... I suggest you get off of your high horse and listen... you do not just get to waltz back into Henry's life playing hot and cold with him when you feel like it. It's not fair on Henry, he is a talented, kind and intelligent little boy and I love him more than anything, I see him as my own boy and so I'm not going to let you break his heart by telling him his mother killed one of his friends, when I know she didn't do it... so what I'm going to do is pick my daughter and nephew up from school and then tell them what's actually happened." Kitty says before disappearing, not letting any of them get a word in.

Kitty waits for the school bus to bring the kids back and she watches Henry and Grace get off together and so she whistles and gets their attention and they run to hug her "Aunt Kitty!" Henry says happily as Grace says "Mama!" And Kitty hugs them both tightly before letting them go "I thought Emma was coming as well Grace says and Kitty nods her head "I know. Something happened, and... I want you to hear it from me first." She says to the kids and both of them look at her "What is it?" Henry asks and Kitty sighs and sees a bench just beside them "Come here." She says and leads both kids to the bench and kneels in front of them and takes one of their hands each, she was thinking about how she was going to do this...

"Archie... Archie is dead... he was killed in his office. Emma and her parents are adamant that your mother did it but I know she didn't do it." Kitty says as the children start crying at the mention of their friend dying "so I wanted to be the one to tell you because they were ready to come here and take you from Regina and tell you she killed Archie but that isn't right or fair and so I'm taking you to live with me and Jefferson and Grace because you don't deserve to be something that two grown women are fighting over at every waking moment." Kitty says and Henry nods his head still crying before he hugs his aunt and Grace hugs her as well and Kitty wraps her arms around both kids happy to have them both with her. No matter the price that magic came with the children always paid the worst ones...

4066 words

Hello there guys! How are you all doing today? I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, some more sad stuff which isn't great but it's going to get better as the chapters go on. We had kitty setting David straight. Kitty setting Emma straight and Kitty starting the defending Regina club which is well deserved. I honestly hated how quick in that episode everyone was so quick just to jump on Regina even though she did nothing wrong!

Please leave any comments or opinions you have, I always like to answer your questions as long as it doesn't ruin or spoil the plot! I love hearing people's theories and opinions on the stories I write!

Other than that I hope you all have a good day! I'll talk to you all later!

-C.R.Barnes

Fully Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 1.7K 26
Being the daughter of the dark one was always going to be a struggle. But this? This is just pure madness. It's even harder when you don't remember y...
32.2K 1.1K 50
As the curse is broken, Elaine and Emma finally meet their parents and Katy was unsure where she belonged in the Swan twins lives because there wasn'...
27.7K 930 33
"ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʀᴏꜱᴇ, ɪᴛ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴀꜱ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴀᴄɪᴇ. ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ...
149K 3.2K 68
(Completed) "Her brother Will, he seems a lot nicer than she is." Anna Heart, A.K.A Ella Scarlett. A.K.A The Knave of Hearts got trapped in the evil...