When Love Bites: A Raura Story

Door Fan_Of_All

Ross Lynch and his girlfriend Laura Marano are the 'it' couple. With Ross being the quarterback of the footba... Meer

When Love Bites: A Raura Story
Ch. 1: Boyfriends Before BFFs
Ch. 2: Pool Battle
Ch. 3: My Dorky Clown
Ch. 4: With Love Comes Hate
Ch. 5: Grounded
Ch. 6: Liar Liar
Ch. 7: Broken Rule
Ch. 8: The Note Again
Ch. 9: Cry For Help
Ch. 10: Ship Names
Ch. 11: Drama Queen
Ch. 12: Seeking Comfort
Ch. 13: Standing Shocked
Ch. 14: Maybe She Cares
Ch. 15: There She Is
Ch. 16: Awkward Situations
Ch. 17: What is My Problem
Ch. 18: Number Five
Ch. 19: Stuck in Thought
Ch. 20: Mystery Date
Ch. 21: Angry Love
Ch. 22: Signs of Change
Ch. 23: That One Moment
Ch. 24: Bad Girl
Ch. 25: Love Essay
Ch. 26: Just Two Friends Hanging Out
Ch 27: Winning Back Her Heart
Ch. 28: The Real You
Ch: 29: Rambling Words
Ch. 30: Desperate Times
Ch. 31: Please Kiss Me
Ch. 32: Graduation
Ch. 33: Time For Tour
Ch. 34: Biggest Fan
Ch. 35: Stranger
Ch. 36: Worried
Ch. 37: Last Second
Sequeal of When Love Bites!

Ch. 38: Couldn't Be Better

4.3K 117 43
Door Fan_Of_All

A/N: So this is the final chapter..but there's big news in the authors note at the end! I hope you take the time to read it, enjoy!

{Laura's POV~}

"Laura.." Hands grabbed me by my shoulders.

"Laura wake up." The same voice encourages me again.

Lifting my head up, I can feel my cheeks are stained with tears. The whole right side of my face is wet. Makeup smeared everywhere.

"Laura, are you okay? You've been out for over two hours." Riker looks down at me with concern.

My lip quivers before I begin crying and screaming like a baby.

"Ross! He's gone! I-I can't live like this, kill me right now! Please!" I cry, bringing more tears to my eyes.

Riker scrunches up his eyebrows, "Laura take a look around."

Slowing my crying, I take a look around the room. White walls, flowers, get well cards, medical equipment, the steady beat of the heart monitor, and..Ross!

He's alive? But..

"I-I the line was flat! How!"

"Maybe you were out longer then I thought." Riker replies, confusing me again.

"Huh?"

"You passed out a couple hours ago. I'll let the doctor explain it all to you." He says gesturing to the man in the white coat standing behind me.

"Good to see your awake Miss Marano." The doctor smiles, "I have good news for you."

"What is it!" I could really use some good news right now.

"Ross is going to he okay. I believe he will be fully recovered within six months." He says, bringing a smile to my face and a huge relief.

"But how? I thought he was..gone." I whimper looking down at Ross. He wasn't awake, but alive.

The doctor sighs, "Well, his heart did in fact stop. That's when you passed out. However we managed to get his heart to start up again. It was a close call."

My eyes water, this time from being so happy. I was too close to loosing the love of my life. I don't know what I would have done with out him. I probably would have died from being so heart broken.

"When do you think he'll become conscious again?" I ask, looking down.

"It won't be long, he was actually regaining consciousness when his heart stopped. His body couldn't handle it. I'd say a day or two." He explains and I squeeze Ross' hand.

"Okay." I simply reply, wanting everyone to leave the room so I can be with Ross alone.

Riker sits down next to me as the doctor exits the room. I could see in his eyes that he was scared for his little brother. Despite that the doctor said he would be okay.

"How's everyone else doing?" I ask, realizing I hadn't even visited Rydel or Ellington.

Riker takes a deep breathe and I begin praying that he only has good news to share.

"Ell has a broken arm but he's already out of bed to be with Rydel. My mom is okay, she has a broken wrist but all she really cares about is everyone else." He pauses to take a breath, "Rydel..isn't in the best shape, but she's doing okay."

Looking at him, pain flashes through his eyes and I can't help but hug him tightly. He hugs me back and kisses my forehead.

"Why does it feel like everything bad happens to the best people-the ones who don't deserve it." I sob into his chest.

"I don't know.." He sighs deeply. Not letting go of me, but I don't want him to.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Ross' hand twitching.

"Riker look...I think he's waking up!" I jump out of his arms and scurry to the bedside.

Ross groans quietly and his body makes slow movements until his eyes open slightly, barely.

"Ross, baby I'm here..I'm here." I tell him calmly, trying to hold back my excitement.

"Laur.." His voice is not even a whisper. It's hardly even there.

I smile to myself and wipe a tear from my eye. Taking his hand and kissing it softly, he smiles too. A small smile, but it was the best thing to me to see.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

~Four months later~

It's been four months since the accident. Things are finally beginning to go back to normal. No one had any long term injuries. Ross was sent home with a broken arm but I was still relieved because it could have been a lot worse.

Rydel had a concussion and some amnesia. She doesn't remember me, which breaks my heart, but I'm happy for Ellington that she remembers him. The doctor says her memory will come back, so I have hope.

Anyway enough about the bad stuff, a lot of good has happened within the past few months as well.

I only have 5 months left until my son or daughter joins me in this crazy world. I got a job as a hand model. A little weird I know but it gives me something to do while Ross is at therapy.

R5 had to push back the tour until next year. Which I think is a good thing with the baby and everyone being in such a traumatic accident.

"Hey Laura right?" Rydel says with a bright smile. I've gotten used to this by now.

"Yeah what's up Delly?"

"Ross has a surprise for you in the backyard."

"Okay I'm coming." I answer, putting my diary away in my drawer.

As I walk outside to the backyard, there's no one around. It's quiet..too quiet.

"Ross where are you?" I try to yell but it comes out as a whisper.

The steady beat of a guitar fills my ears and I follow the sound and find him perched on top of the roof. Playing the guitar.

"Ross get down from there! That's not safe!" I scold him, terrified of witnessing him falling.

"Shhh baby I do this all the time." He replies still strumming on the little guitar.

"Ross you were just in the hospital. I don't want to see you end up there again, please just come down." I beg him.

He looks down at me and nods coming down a ladder with the guitar strapped around his shoulder.

His hair was covering his eyes, messier than usual. He refuses to get a haircut, but I won't complain. It looks good on him. Everything does.

"What are you up to?" I ask, giving him a smirk.

He smirks right back at me.

"Well I was thinking that we could go on a trip."

"A trip?" I raise an eyebrow at him, honestly I'm not in the mood for a trip.

"Yeah..to a very special place. I want to show it to you and our baby." He smiles, setting the guitar down to be closer to me.

"How far away?" I ask, not wanting to go too far from home. I'm four months pregnant and it's already exhausting. I have bad morning sickness.

"It's not far at all, we can walk there." He says and I groan.

"Walk? I don't want to go for a walk."

"I promise it's not very far baby, I'll carry you if you want." He offers and I laugh.

"Good luck with that, I weigh like 300 pounds."

Without warning he picks me up bridal style and we begin our walk to this special place.

"Light as a feather." He whispers in my ear.

"Shut up." I reply, hitting his chest playfully.

He smirks at me, "Give me a kiss and I'll shut up."

"Wellll if it's the only way." I giggle and connect my lips with his. He kisses me back romantically. His grip tightens around my body.

After a few minutes, we pull apart. Neither of us wanted to be done, but it was getting dark and we had to get going if we wanted to make it to that special place.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Really this is where you wanted to take me?" I question, looking around. It was the old neighborhood playground. I don't understand what's "special" about this place. Everything here was old, rusted, broken. Not safe to be played on anymore. There were weeds growing all over the place.

"Don't you remember?" He asks. He looked serious, like I was actually supposed to remember. But I can't remember any relation to this place at all.

Letting out a sigh I take another look around, "I'm sorry Ross but I really don't remember. I used to play here as a kid..that's it."

He smiles, "We used to play here as a kid." He takes a step closer to me, "It was those two swings right there." He says pointing to the broken swing set behind me. I hated swings, I hated them. All because with my little short legs I couldn't get as high as everyone else.

"You were the girl who could never get very high, and I was the boy that didn't want to go very high. So we swung together." He explains to me. As he did the memories pounded back into my head.

"I do remember that! You were the one that was nice and swung the same height as me! How could I not remember oh my gosh I feel stupid." I begin laughing. This is a special place! A very special place. Too special to rot away like it is now!

"Ross we have to fix this place up! For our baby to play on." I smile at him excitedly.

He looks at me and then glances at the dump we are currently standing in, "I really wish we could Laur, but that would take a lot of time and money. I just don't know if we can do it right now."

"Yes we can..I mean we could at least try." He's right..we don't have the time to fix a playground right now.

"I mean, we could like mow the grass and make it looks less abandoned. It will be awhile until we can actually fix it up so it can be used again."

"Okay, that's good enough for me. I just really want to see it the way it used to be." I say and give him a hug. If I would have known and remembered how special this place was I would have fixed it up a long time ago. This was also the place my mother brought me while she would read her book under the big tree. The place my father would chase me around and play. But best of all this is the place I met Ross. I don't want it to be destroyed, gone forever.

"Come on lets go home." Ross whispers and takes my hand. I walk alongside him this time, instead of making him carry me.

"So when can we find out if we're having a boy or a girl?" He asks.

"I have an appointment like next week for that."

"That's exciting. I can't wait for our baby to be born. Only five more months to go!" He cheers kissing my cheek.

I laugh, "Its also going to be a lot of work you know."

"Yeah..but I think it will be worth it. I wish we only had to wait like one more month."

"But then I'll be so fat. Ewww I already feel fat." I groan, rubbing my barely swelled stomach.

He puts his hand over mine on my little baby bump, "I think you'll look adorable. Baby bumps are cute."

"I wish I though that." I say giggling.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

~Six months later~

"Peek a boo!" Ross giggles and hides behind his hands. Our daughter giggles as she sucks on her fingers. Peek a boo is his favorite game to play with her. In my opinion it's the most adorable thing ever!

Our baby girl, who we named Olivia Rose Lynch, is now a month old. This past month with her as been incredible, but certainly not easy.

"Ross give her a break from all the peek a boo." I say with a laugh.

"But she likes it when daddy plays peek a boo with her, don't you Livi?" He replies and tickles the baby's tummy.

Smiling to myself I hug him from behind, "But it's also her nap time."

I feel the muscles in his back move as he bends over to pick up Livi.

"I'll put her in the crib then." He says, carrying her to the crib in the other room.

I follow him to the nursery and we both sing a lullaby to help Livi fall asleep. She falls asleep nearly right away. Ross puts his arm around me, pulling me in for a kiss. Could life be any better? I kiss him back passionately. I don't think so.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

A/N: Well this is the last chapter sadly...but I have big news. Remember when I said there wouldn't be a sequel? Well I lied...I'm writing a sequel! I think your gonna love it! I cannot wait to post the first chapter of it! I hope you enjoyed this story. I know I did!

Please comment and vote!

-Hannah

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

42.1K 900 168
Laura Marano's life is going downhill lately but what happens when she meets r5 !?Ross lynch?!
52.6K 2.2K 29
Laura Marano's been helping her friends get together with their crushes to become a couple. Then at the beginning of Senior Year, her best friend wa...
4.8K 159 44
Laura Marano she lives on her own so she has to pay the rent so she is a waitress at a small cafe, she loves music but it is very hard to trust peopl...
728K 21.3K 62
Highest rank #146 fanfiction/ #312 Romance Ross lynch was always the guy who girls fall inlove with, laura marano was always the girl to come for lov...