The Shifter and The Weasley

By katiieLeiigh

Katherine Willow has always been alone. She is starting her fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and W... More

Cast.
Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Book Two
Chapter One - GoF
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 1 - OOTP
Chapter 2 - OOTP
Chapter 3 - OOTP
Chapter 4 - OOTP
Chapter 5 - OOTP
Chapter 6 - OOTP
Chapter 7 - OOTP
Chapter 8 - OOTP
Chapter 9 - OOTP
Chapter 10 - OOTP
Chapter 11 - OOTP
Chapter 12 - OOTP
Chapter 13 - OOTP
Chapter 14 - OOTP
Half Blood Prince Cast
Chapter 1 - HBP
Chapter 2 - HBP
Chapter 3 - HBP
Chapter 4 - HBP
Chapter 5 - HBP
Chapter 6 - HBP
Chapter 7 - HBP
Chapter 8 - HBP
Chapter 9 - HBP
Chapter 10 - HBP
Chapter 1 - DH
Chapter 3 - DH
Chapter 4 - DH
Chapter 5 - DH
Epilogue

Chapter 2 - DH

20 0 0
By katiieLeiigh

***Trigger warning****

This chapter has a scene which implies a SA may take place. Nothing actually happens, i was just putting this warning here so people can skip if they need to.

********

A week after the incident Katherine had been going out and constantly making sure the wards around the homes were still intact. She had many different ones, ones that would make anyone turn around and forget why they had been there, ones to warn her of dark wizards and witches and also ones who would alert her to dark creatures. Putting it simply after the supermarket incident Katherine was paranoid. She shivered only slightly as the cold air nipped at her exposed skin as she checked the last of the wards.

"Embers get inside, it's freezing!" James called from the front door. Katherine glanced over her shoulder and sighed deeply at the look of concern of James's face. Accepting defeat she headed back into the house, James giving her shoulder a squeeze as she walked passed him.

"Come on, it's Christmas eve Kat, you need to relax. No one can find us here as we are the only three who know of this location" Lily said softly patting Katherines knee.

"Dad and Uncle Siri know of the houses" Katherine said quietly.

"Yes but they don't know where they are, just that they exist" James stressed, he hated seeing Katherine so paranoid, he missed the bright bubbly girl that would play pranks with him and Sirius, or sing and dance around the kitchen with Lily, or sit and read quietly with her dad or who was always smiling, especially when George was around. "When was the last time you spoke to George?" James asked sitting down in the chair across from her.

"About a week ago, I try not to check in too much. When I do one of his eyes glaze over and it would be so bad if anyone saw it. They would do anything to get information out of him" Katherine said with a broken tone.

"I think you should speak to him" James started, holding his hand up to stop Katherine interrupting him, "just find out where he is, if he's safe then talk to him, if not try again at a different time" James finished causing Katherine to nod.

Georgie?

KitKat! Merlin I miss you!

I miss you too Georgie, are you somewhere safe?

I'm at the burrow with mum, Fred and dad. Are you safe?

I am Mon Amour; however I need you to get a message to my dad.

What's going on?

Tell him I'm happy for him and Tonks, I'm excited for a new sibling. I was followed when I went to the supermarket the other day.

YOU WERE FOLLOWED?! Kat please tell me you're alright.

I'm fine Georgie. I got away and no one can find me anywhere, I'm hidden under a Fidelius Charm.

I wish you would of told me where.

I know but then you would be in danger, it was bad enough they interrogated you at the wedding. Could you imagine what would of happened if you did know something.

I know KitKat. I just miss you so much it hurts, we never got chance to sort things out properly and I'm scared we may never get the chance to.

We will amour. I promise. Can you pass on my message please? And Tell Uncle Siri and Fred I miss them both so much too.

I will baby. I love you so much.

I love you too my darling.

Katherine blinked her eyes and looked across to James and Lily as teas filled her eyes.

"Is he alright?" Lily asked and all Katherine could do was nodded. Clearing her throat and wiping the tears from her eyes, she nodded once more.

"Yeah he's alright, so is Freddie. It just hurts being so far away from him. He wanted to know where we were" Katherine said standing up and moving to the window, "I didn't tell him, I can't put any of them in danger like that. It's bad enough you two are in danger because of me".

"Kat we aren't in danger because of you. We are in danger because we are alive. None of it is your fault. You gave us the chance to live and that is what is important" Lily said rushing over and taking Katherines face gently in her hands.

"Lily is right Embers, every single person in your life would walk over hot coals for you, they would face the Cruciatus curse a million times for you because to us you are worth it. Harry isn't trying to end this war just for himself, or for the whole wizarding world. He's also doing it so you don't have to live the rest of your life in fear" James added gently pulling her into a side hug.

"I love you both" Katherine whispered.

"We love you too" James and Lily responded.

*****

It was now the beginning of March, and it was time for Katherine to head out to the supermarket again. Lily was pacing the floor in front of Katherine refusing to let the small girl go.

"Aunt Lily I have to go. We need to eat, and you and Uncle Prongs are too easily recognised. I am the only one who can disguise who I am" Katherine urged causing Lily to sigh.

"Kat if anything happens to you, Remus will have my head. You have to be careful. Be as quick as you can and always keep an eye on your surroundings" Lily stressed; she was nervous to let Katherine go but she knew Katherine had a point. Katherine stood up and quickly changed her appearance before running out the door.

Katherine wanted to get this over and done with, she didn't want to be out any later than necessary, so apparating into the alleyway she quickly headed into the supermarket. Her paranoia however seemed at an all time high, every person she came across she was wary of. She was constantly on guard as she made her way around the shop grabbing the things they would need for the next couple of months. Quickly making her way to check out she placed everything in separate bags before heading out the door and back to the alley where she placed all of those bags into her backpack that had an undetectable extension charm on it. As she placed the bag on her back and stood up she heard someone walk into the alley.

"Well what have we here?" A voice sneered from behind her causing Katherine to whirl around, only for her to come face to face with Fenrir Greyback and one of the Rosier men, though she's unsure which. "She's a pretty thing isn't she" Greyback growled causing Katherine to tense.

"What's your name sweetheart" the Rosier asked. Katherine swallowed back the bile that had risen in her throat at the way these two pigs were looking at her.

"Abigail" Katherine responded quietly.

"Abigail what?" Greyback asked, his eyes narrowing at her.

"Abigail Roscoe sir" Katherine responded in a timid tone. She just had to wait for her opening, she just needed them to avert their gaze for a second and she can get out of there. She quickly eyed the other exit to the alleyway whilst waiting for her opportunity. Just then both men slightly turned away from her and she bolted, she could hear the two yelling as their feet thundered against the concrete. She felt a spell hit her arm causing her disguise to drop. Just as she apparated away she heard the growls of Greyback, furious that Katherine had gotten away. As she landed on the doorstep of the house she finally collapsed from the blood that was pouring out of her arm and she landed with a thud against the door.

"Aunt Lily, Uncle Pongs!" Katherine wailed in pain, not even a second later, the door was thrown open and she was scooped up by James.

"Fuck! Embers what happened?!" James asked frantically whilst Lily got to work trying to heal the wound.

"Greyback and Rosier. They tied to corner me in an alley, looking at me like I was-" Katherine managed to get out before she started sobbing.

"I'm going to kill them" James spat heading for the door before Lily grabbed his arm.

"James, she needs us more" Lily said softly before moving back over to Katherine.

"Kat, apart from the wound on your arm did they touch you?" James asked, sighing in relief when the small girl in front of him shook her head.

"They know who I am though. When the spell hit me the disguise dropped, I heard Greyback yelling about how they just lost me" Katherine whispered.

"You aren't going out again Embers. We will make do with what we have until we physically cant, alright?" James said urgently. Katherine only nodded, knowing that she genuinely wouldn't be allowed out again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.3K 39
๐“๐ฐ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ฆ!!! - Y/N has been best friends with Fred and George since her very first year at Hogwarts. Now...
206K 3.4K 21
Instead of two Weasley twins, there are three : Fred, George and Silena. The trio is starting their fifth year at Hogwarts. Silena falls in love wi...
9.2K 305 15
Madilyn Mcgonagall is a 11-year old witch that will be attending Hogwarts, the school where her aunt is the professor transfiguration. While shopping...
26.3K 1.2K 25
Ginny Weasley is just starting her fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Things are slowly starting to fall apart, with Cedric D...