A high school love story

By creativecloudwalker

" I did not know you were such a pervert hiding in the boy's toilet" he says, "what are you trying to find ou... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 21

13 2 0
By creativecloudwalker

Amma's POV
Ash, Vaeh, Ayden and I, had to clean up the house after the party yesterday, it was really exhausting, obviously.

I lazily get up from my bed, glance at the clock which said 10:00AM, realizing I woke up late due to how tired I was, I drag my self to the bathroom.

I throw an oversized hoodie on, the hoodie was actually for Ayden but when he couldn't find it, he stopped looking for it, he probably even forgot about it since it's not his favorite one.

As I headed down the stairs, the smell of eggs Benedict hit my nose as I inhaled, getting to the kitchen, I see Ayden already eating his meal and mine was on the kitchen cabinet, I grab it telling him a thank you and headed back to my room.

Coming back upstairs after dropping and doing the dishes, my phone buzzes and I get comfortable on my bed before stretching to take it on the night stand.

I go to messages and surprisingly, it was a text from Ashton, seeing his contact 'him', on top of the message list, I open it and read:
'I'll pick you up at 1:00PM, be ready'

I check the time on the phone, it was currently 11:10AM ,another message also comes in from Jacob but I decided to read it later since I badly wanted to take a quick nap.

Jacob had left earlier yesternight, he had told Nevaeh to tell me that he needed to be somewhere, and that he would text me, I was still a bit shocked from yesterday's events so I needed some time to consider his feelings and not hurt him, he is a good friend I thought drifting off to sleep.

Ashton's POV
I had my bath and put on grey sweatpants and a white vest, by the time I got downstairs, Luke and Amelia were already eating the food Mariella, the helper had prepared. Our parents were barely at home so she took care of us.

I preferred the word helper since the word maid seemed derogatory, Luke had slept in one of the rooms since it was a bit late last night for him to make his way home.

"morning big bro" Melia chirps, stuffing her mouth with more food which makes me smile "morning chipmunk, how was your night?" I ask, "it was fine, I had a lovely dream" she says grinning, "why don't you tell me about that dream later, yeah" I say as she nods enthusiastically flashing her small set of teeth.

"hey man, dint want to disturb you" he says as I took a seat at the table and Mariella brings my food, I give her a small smile to signify thank you which she returns.

"it's fine" I say and started eating, after a while, Luke breaks the silence, "so are you gonna do it?" he asks, "do what?"

"the dare" he says in a duh tone, rolling his eyes, "what dare?" I knew what he was talking about but I didn't want to say it, his fingers go to bridge of his nose as he pinches with frustration. Melia gets up to drop her dishes and heads to her room, "I'll be in my room watching SpongeBob!" she shouts as she went up the stairs.

"you have to take Amma out remember?" he says finishing his food, "why do I have to do that?" I say as memories of her and that guy comes to mind and anger starts to bubble up within me.

"it's not like she even wants me to take her out anyways" I say again taking another bite of this delicious meal.

I mean, I needed to stay away from her as well as I could, but I knew I couldn't, I did not want to confirm what I was feeling yet, and if I was around her too much, that feeling might just confirm itself, taking me through a pathetic love cycle which always ends up in a mess.

"I wouldn't say she doesn't want you to though" he says

"what do you mean?"

"I looked at her yesterday, and... never mind" he says bringing his phone out of his pocket, "I wasn't minding anything" I say with an unbothered tone, "you just don't get it" Luke sighs, "forget it, dude, I am not taking her out" I say as we both get up to drop our dishes and I head to my room.

I was about to take my phone and reply to my texts when I realized I had left it downstairs, I quickly go back and I see Mariella cleaning the table where we ate, "Mariella, have you seen my phone?"

"Oh yes, Luke wanted me to give it to you before he left" she says and hands me my phone, I thank her and go back to my room, I was about to read Ana's message when I see her contact name 'Amma' on top of the message list, I quickly click on it
to see if I had probably messaged her by mistake.

It turned out that someone that was me apparently, had messaged her telling her to get ready by 1:00pm.

But I never messaged her, Luke was the first suspect that came to mind, I look at the message again and she had read it, I look at the time, 11:20pm.

I decided to just get the dare over with, I mean it was just a dare right, I'll probably just take her to watch a movie or something.

Amma's POV
I wake up and glance at my wall clock, 12:00pm.

I get up from the bed and went to the bathroom to have a shower. After my shower, I apply my body products, when done, I put on a black dress and leave my curly hair down.

I apply mascara and some lipgloss and head downstairs after grabbing my white sneakers and affinity purse.

After a while, the doorbell rings, "I'll get it" I shout to Ayden who had come out his room, I open the door to reveal Ashton who was dressed in black skinny jeans, a white top with a black jacket over it and white sneakers.

The color of our outfits were matching and made it seem like we were a couple, our eyes meet and he just stares at me blankly before his eyes moves down to my body, he was taking his time to study every part of my body and I began to feel self conscious as I wondered if I looked good enough.

"I could go change if --" "no need" he cuts me off, "are you ready?" he asks and I nod my head, we then walk towards his car and he drives off.

The car drive has been awkward so far, his face was mostly on the road as I had taken a glance or two at him before admiring the view outside the window.

It was currently spring and I liked the way the sun shone on the beautiful flowers that had began to bloom, and the way hills and canyons would be dotted with bright florals was alluring. Cherry blossom season was always another joy to experience the beauty of those delicate colorful flowers in full bloom.

I glance at Ashton and I see him glancing away from me as he clears his throat, I decided to start a conversation, "Where are we going?"

"the movies"

"Oh ok", what to say, what to say... "what's your favorite spring activity?"

"car racing"

"that's nice, I like going to the beach or on a picnic, what's your favorite color?"

"gray"

"such a neutral color"

"hmm"

"mine is blue, did you know that nature's rarest color is blue and it is made with microscopic structures and not pigments like other colors, it is also proven to help you stay calmer and --" I cut myself off realising that I had been saying a little much, and I might have been disturbing him.

" sorry " I mumble and glance at him, he doesn't even say anything and I look out the window a bit embarrassed, after a while he takes a detour from the cinema I was familiar with, "Ashton where are we going?"

"movies", I roll my eyes, like I didn't know, "I mean there is a cinema back there"

"we are going to the cinema not too far from town" he replies as if it's the most obvious thing, for all I know he could kidnap me, joking, but seriously though.
************
Ashton parks his car and we both go inside the cinema, It looked really huge as we step inside, there was quite a long queue for getting tickets to our movie, some people were even seated on the waiting chairs so when it got their turn they'd just come back to line up.

My stomach grumbles and I clutch it, my legs were starting to ache, the queue was moving gradually but I was already hungry.

"are you hungry" Ashton asks and I nod my head, "I'll go get some popcorn then, wait here" he says, "thank you" I say as he nods and leaves.

A minute later Ashton wasn't back yet, I take a seat on a waiting chair and within a few minutes a creepy man takes a sit next to me. I shift a bit as he reeked of alcohol and tobacco.

He notices my discomfort and leans closer to me, "hey... beautiful" he says and goodness, his breath stank like I had predicted because of the tobacco, he then grips my hand and my jaw making me face him, his eyes had a yellow coloring to it and I could see lust in them.

Eww, I try removing my hand from his grip as a wicked smile played on his lips, "let me go" I say, "how could a lady as beautiful as you be alone?" wth, how could other people not see what this man was doing to me, "my boyfriend is here so let go you pervert" I lie, this man was a bit scary, so I thought lying about having a boyfriend might scare him but it doesn't.

"stop lying baby girl, your little boyfr--" "what's going on here?" Ashton's voice cuts him off, I look up to see him staring at the man's grip on my hand, before giving him a death glare.

"Oh you weren't lying, you must be the boyfriend" he says letting me go and glancing between I and Ashton, "damn right, you bastard" Ashton replies and drags me by hand behind his back, "look man I wasn't gonna do anything, maybe just find out what's between those beautiful legs" the man says turning his head to the side to stare at my legs and wink at me.

Ashton hands me the popcorn and gets closer to him, "don't fucking test me you piece of shit" he says as he grips the man's collar.

"why? You don't want to know how I'll have made your girl moan m--" "I said shut the fuck up" Ashton cuts the man off, lifting his clenched fist to strike him but I quickly stop him.

We were on a date and I wanted to watch this movie with him, I dint want to let this pervert ruin it. "don't hit him, it is not worth it" I say as I place my palm on his arm, people in the room were now starting to stare.

"Ashton we're in public, people are staring so please don't" I say looking at him, his frown deepens as he let's go of the man with a push and we go back to our spot on the queue.

We were very close to getting our movie tickets now but that creepy man has been staring at me and I felt scared and very uncomfortable, Ashton notices and wraps his arms around my neck and snuggles his face in the crook of my neck, "don't worry, I'm here" he says taking deep breath as if calming himself with my scent and I nod while a small smile played on my lips.

I am really grateful to him for showing up when he did and that he tried to protect me, his actions gave me butterflies but I knew nice Ashton wouldn't last for too long.

After the movie, Ashton drives us to a restaurant so we could get dinner, he opens the door for me and we both go inside and settle at a table beside the glass window, soon enough the waitress comes to take our order. "what can I get you?" she asks pushing out her chest obviously to get Ashton's attention, "do you want me to order for you or..." Ashton asks ignoring the waitress, "it's fine, I'll order myself" I say with a smile.

" can I please get the crispy chicken with mango sauce and the marinated salmon salad", "ok" she says jotting it down and turning to Ashton "I'll get the crispy fried cheese and the vegan lasagna with a feta salad" he says scrolling through his phone " ok, coming up" she says and leaves our table swaying her hips doing so, she was pretty though and has an hourglass shape I thought as jealousy creeped on me considering I had a slim shape.

She returns with our order and places the tray on the table making sure her cleavage went deeper as she did, she glances at Ashton who passes me my food while ignoring the lady and a smile tugs at my lips, she takes the tray and walks away with a scoff as we both begin to eat.

The drive back home was quiet, it wasn't an awkward type of quiet but a more comfortable silence, the type you wanted when you wanted to get a good sleep with just the sound of wind whooshing in your ears.

He parks his car in front of my house and turns to face me almost like wanted to say something but he dosent, "thank you" I say instead, "for what?" I wanted to say for honoring your dare and making me happy but I don't "for saving me earlier"

"ok" he says, I did not want this to get anymore awkward so I unbuckle my seat belt and get out of his car, he waits till I reach the entrance before driving off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 1.9K 61
But before I could take a foot off from the washroom he asked me with a confused look and one lifted eyebrow, "What were you doing in a boy's restroo...
42.1K 1.6K 43
I aburtly stand from my bed when I heard my apartment door opening with a 'THUD' sound.I quickly run to the front room only to see a guy sucking a bl...
881K 26.4K 60
I walked down the hallway, I shoved through the people. I bumped into one and he growled "Watch where you're going!" "Watch where I'm going?" I laug...
3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...