When Bad Boys Fall II

By Kaykay_is_vogue

When Bad Boys Fall II is a spin-off to the first book of this series. ••• Lucas and Jackie finally had their... More

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thiry-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty

Forty-Three

611 32 5
By Kaykay_is_vogue

Lucas' POV

I was beginning to regret having this girl in on my plan. I could tell she was attracted to me. And it was not going to be good if I wanted us to be partners under the family company. All I wanted was to have people on my side and not catch an infidelity case.

Something told me Jackie had heard her speak because when I returned to the call, it had ended. I was worried that she overhead what Maddie had said to me, and I knew I was in deep shit. Looking back at the girl sitting on the couch across my bed, I began to think the name Maddie was cursed.

"So, I spoke to my dad about it, and he says he is aware of the meeting back at Hamilton Inc. He told me he isn't interested in selling his shares to anyone but when I mentioned that you were Lucas Hamilton, he became shocked. He said something about you finally coming to your senses. Do you know my dad or something?"

I perked up at the last few words she had uttered. I didn't know who her father was, so it was surprising to me how the man spoke of me with such familiarity.

"No, I don't," I replied and shrugged. "Maybe he knows my dad." The real one.

Maddie tilted her head to the side in thought before returning her gaze to me.

"Strange. But he says he wants to speak with you. He isn't in New York right now, but he says that you have to call him today."

Maddie rose from the couch and came over to where I was sitting on the bed. She sat beside me and handed me a business card. On it was her father's name and contact information.

"Call him in ten hours' time. He will be free, and he will know you're the one calling."

"Thank you, Maddie," I said, smiling.

She blushed and she tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear then bowed her head. I rolled my eyes away from her and stared at the white card between my fingers. A warm touch on my knee made me flinch and when I look toward the source of warmth, I saw Maddie's hand on my knee. My skin underneath my pants pricked at her touch. Out of the discomfort I was feeling, I moved my thigh, effectively taking her hand off me.

"Sorry," she muttered.

I took a deep breath. I didn't want to lead her on. Me faking to be her boyfriend was for her crazy ex to leave her alone but if she thought I was attracted to her, she needed to wake up from her dreams.

"Listen, Maddie," I started to say. "About this... us... If you're having any kind of feelings for me, you need to stop. Listen, I have a girlfriend and in five months I will be a father."

I heard her gasp and I hesitantly looked at her. She looked hurt and I felt bad. I only hoped me saying all of these wouldn't make me lose the support I had.

"I'm glad you told me, Lucas." She got up and exhaled hard. "I mean, you're a nice guy, good looking and everything. I seriously don't like you like that, and I just had a tiny bit of crush because you're so awesome and cool, especially after defending me in front of Darrell."

I swallowed and stood too. I played with the card between my hands before smiling widely at her. Glad that she understood me.

"I hope this doesn't affect our business deal."

"Oh, gosh. No, it doesn't. My feelings aren't important right now. What's important is getting what you want and getting Darrell off my back." She held my arm and squeezed it. "You're a good guy."

I bit my lip. "Well, I may not be now because when you came in, I was on a call with my girlfriend and I think she heard us, well you."

Maddie gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. Her eyes were wide and in them was worry and a distant look, most likely thinking back to what she had said.

"Oh, no. Don't tell me I put you in trouble," she said after dropping her hands. "Please tell me you called her or something."

I shook my head, and she smacked my arm, making me hiss and glare at her. She had a reprimanding look on her face before she scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Call her already! If you want, I could speak to her too. Jeez, I feel so bad now. I don't want to be the reason two people break up."

I laughed at the sullen look that filled her face. Her cheeks were blushed up and her eyes darted here and there. She was a comical character.

"Hey, you don't need to feel guilty. I will speak to her."

Maddie nodded. "Good. Just let me know what she says. Oh, can I see her? Is she on social media? You should give me her social media handles, especially Instagram."

She was weird but funny. I shrugged and took out my phone then opened my Instagram app then clicked on her account that popped up on my timeline. I smiled when I saw she had posted her a picture of the moon. Before I knew it, Maddie took the phone from me and started scrolling through.

Jackie barely posted her face but had a few pictures of her. Her most recent ones were from our vacation. I watched Maddie scroll through her feed, muttering and humming in appreciation.

"She is so pretty. Of course, a pretty guy like you would have a pretty girl like her. Aww, she also loves the same band that I do."

I looked away from the weird girl and went over to my window. I leaned on the frame and began to think of my next plot. I had to get every type of leverage to overthrow Henry. I needed to know every shady business he did and everything that would lead to the removal of him from the seat, coupled with getting the board on my side. I knew nothing of the business world but as far as I had trustworthy people with me, I felt that I would succeed.

"Oh. Someone is calling you, Lucas."

I turned around to face Maddie. She was holding out my phone and I mentally hoped it was Jackie calling. I took the phone from her and turned it over. I blinked at the caller identity.

Mom was calling for the first time since I left Redside.

The sight of her call made an idea cross my mind. I needed one last familial closure before I ruined her husband.

| | |

A few hours later, I was at Redside. I was feeling jet-lagged but with the determination in me to get what I needed, I went home. The streets of Redside were still the same. Nothing had changed and when the driver of the ride I ordered drove past Redside High, a feeling of nostalgia filled me. Memories of my time in the school flooded my mind. Both the good and bad memories.

When the driver drove past the street that led to Maddy's home, an eerie feeling filled me. Just thinking of my memories with Maddy made me feel uncomfortable.

Some minutes later, we arrived at my family house. It felt dead looking at it. There were no signs of anyone. The front yard was quiet, the bushes had grown but was trimmed. I paid the driver and got out then made my way toward the house.

Once I got to the door, I reached out my hand to grab the handle only to leave it hanging when I heard voices coming from the house. The voices were filled with anger and had a high pitch to it. I recognized my mother's voice but not the other. I held the door handle and pushed it open.

I saw my mother first who was facing a man that backed me. She saw me and her eyes widened before looking back at the man with fear in her eyes. I looked to the man and noticed his shoulders were raised and tensed.

"Lucas, what are you doing here?" She asked, her voice shaky.

Ruth rushed down the stairs, singing out loud with her ears clogged with her ear-pods. When she raised her eyes, she stopped.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

Dad? Wasn't he back at Rochester?

I looked back at the man who waved his hand then made his way toward Ruth. I watched him climb the steps and when I looked back at my mother, she was visibly shaken and pale.

"Mom? What is it?" I approached her and when I noticed a dark bruise right by her jawline, I saw red.

I glared at the man climbing the steps then ran after him. I pushed Ruth out of the way, then climbed the steps. I watched him turn around and when he fully did, I made my hand into a fist and punched him right in the face, sending him falling to the steps. He clutched his face with his hands, groaning.

"Lucas?!" I heard mom shout behind me.

I was livid, angry and seeing red. I still saw her as my mother, but Henry was a plague to me. If he was hitting her, I would kill him.

"You have stooped so low, you sorry excuse for a fucking man!" I yelled and raised my fist to hit him again, only for me to freeze when he removed his hands, making see his face.

No way. This had to be a fucking dream. The man before me had to be an illusion.

"Dad?" I said in horror.

A/N: Le gasp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 7.1K 50
So hot that you'll read with the fans on. So dark that you'll keep the lights on. So addictive that you won't be able to quit. The summer of made mis...
1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...
1.7M 59.5K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
153K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...