When Bad Boys Fall II

By Kaykay_is_vogue

When Bad Boys Fall II is a spin-off to the first book of this series. ••• Lucas and Jackie finally had their... More

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thiry-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight

Forty

644 39 0
By Kaykay_is_vogue

Lucas' POV

I didn't want to believe him. He could be lying. There was no way, absolutely no way this was true. Dad could never do this. Even though I knew him as an uncle, he could never do such a thing. He was a kind man, a man full of laughter and jokes. There was no way he abandoned Matt and whoever his mother was.

"I know you don't believe me because you were dad's favorite," he said with strong venom in his tone. "I was born two years before you were born, and I knew nothing at my age. All I remember was my mother taking care of me until I turned thirteen. The only memories I have of that man was how he fought with my mother every time he visited. How my mother cried every night. I hated him so much. I hated him with my whole heart and wanted him gone."

I could see the raw anger and hate swimming in his eyes. It was scary. His eyes were darker, and it made him appear feral.

"When I found out he died, I was happy. I was glad because it was better, he was dead than for me to know I have a father who didn't care for his family." He stopped talking to laugh. "And then when I found out he had another family, I was shocked, angry, sad and crazy."

My throat was tightening painfully as I heard him speak. I hoped and prayed that what he was saying were lies as I could understand the feeling of being neglected. I didn't want to believe that my dad could be like his brother.

"I...I don't know what to say."

"Of course, you wouldn't. How would you care when you grew up with everything. His love, his attention, his care and wealth."

At that, I sat upright and glared at him.

"That's enough." I was seething right now. "It is not my fault that our father neglected you. And who gave you the right to think that I had the best growing up? At least you knew who your father was and had the rightful care of a mother. Look, I don't know what you want but you better leave my family out of this."

"Family?" He laughed. "What family? Do you expect me to sit here and let you have it all? No, dear brother. You had the time to have the perfect life but not now. You and the rest of the Hamiltons let me and my mother suffer. That man let my mother pick from trash to feed me! I barely even went to school. I was almost a dumb kid if not for my mother who trained me at home. I watched my mother fall sick and how that man refused to send medical aid with all that money he had. I vowed to make each and every one of you to suffer for killing my mother and I will not stop until you, especially get the worse of it all."

I watched him stand and adjust his suit. "Thanks to his twin brother who is so greedy, a little manipulation will make me take the CEO position from him and I will destroy the company. I will take every dime from the company and leave it to crumble. All of you, and your next generation will suffer because if I didn't have it while growing up, you all wont."

I stood and grabbed his arm, tightening my hold on him. I hissed and leaned forward, my face almost brushing his.

"You don't want to piss me off, Matt. Get out of your fucking delusions and face the real world. Stop being childish. You're not the only person with daddy issues and you don't see me going out of my way to destroy innocent lives. If dad caused you so much pain, get over it and mourn your mother the right way. And listen to me carefully, you piece of shit, my father did not die in vain for me to watch what belongs to him disappear. I will ruin you, Matt. Watch your back."

I pushed him away and exhaled hard then turned away to leave.

"You don't know what I am capable of, Lucas. You leaving those clubs is just a test. What is coming for you will be so big you will wish you stepped out of my way."

I ignored his words and made my way to the entrance of the restaurant. As I got out, I took out my phone and dialed Axel's number. I needed him here in New York. Things were about to get serious.

| | |

With determination, I marched into Hamilton Inc, ignoring the murmurs all around me and the way the staffs looked at me, including the lady at the receptionist desk calling out to me. I marched straight to the hallway I recognized from the other day and started looking at the golden plaques on the wall, searching for Henry's office.

"Sir, you can't be here."

"Fuck off," I said to the woman behind me then turned into another hallway.

My eyes narrowed at the door at the end of the hallway. I increased my steps toward the door and looked at the plaque glued to the wall. On it was his name and the CEO title under it. I looked away and grabbed the door handle then twisted it and pushed the door open. The door made no noise as I opened it but the voice of the receptionist caused Henry, who was sitting behind a large desk in the large office, to look up.

"Sir, he just barged in here and--"

"Leave, Rachel," Henry said.

From my periphery, Rachel eyed me in annoyance before leaving the office. As soon as the door clicked shut, I took in the place with a heavy heart. The office was huge, twice the size of my living room with floor length windows, tall bookshelves, couches in the middle of the room and plants in different corners. Behind the man I hated was a big portrait of him on the wall between two bookshelves. The aura in the office was so heavy and intimidating. Somewhere at the back of my mind, I wished this was my father's office. It was rightfully his.

"Once a criminal, always a criminal. Barging in here in such an uncouth manner. Did you learn that from the streets? Of course, you did," he said, and I clenched my hands. "What brings you to my office?"

The possessive way he spoke about the office sent a pang of anger through my heart. He was rubbing it in my face, and I wanted to punch the smug look off his stupid face.

"I want answers, Henry," I said and walked past the couches in the center of the office to his desk. I pressed my palms on it and leaned over the desk. "It's surprising how you hate me, the child of your own brother but easily let a stranger take control. Someone who is also the son of that same brother. Have you lost your touch, uncle."

"Silence!" He was shaking. "If you have nothing better to say, leave this place or have you come here to hand over the shares you bought without my permission? Nothing in this company belongs to you and taking those shares without my permission will put you in so much trouble with me."

"Permission?" I stood straight. "I don't need permission from the likes of you, Henry and I won't be needing any of it from now on."

I rounded the desk and watched him in humor as he stepped back a bit, fear and worry in his eyes. I stopped before him and looked him directly into his eyes.

"For years, you have tormented me, made me suffer all because of the feelings mother and my father had for each other. I know of your evil, Henry. You know, I never wanted to deal with the business of this family business, but your greed has forced my hand. So, listen carefully. Count your days, uncle. Count the days you have left because this seat does not belong to you but me and father. I will not let him rest in peace until I take back what rightfully belongs to him and I. Choose your battles wisely."

The wobble of his Adam apple and the wavering of his eyes made me smirk. If I had to play dirty, I would, especially when someone threatened by family.

| | |

After leaving the office, I went back to my hotel and as I made a move to enter the lobby through the front doors, someone in a hooded jacket bumped into me. I steadied the person, and they murmured something I could not catch. I eyed them as they walked off. Their steps did not match the one of the man who visited me in prison. I shrugged and walked into the lobby. I put my hands in the pockets of my sweatshirt and felt paper in it. I blinked and took the paper out then brought it to my eye level.

My eyes widened at the content of the paper.

Keep on fighting. You will win in the end of it all.

Sincerely, your protector.

I immediately ran back to the entrance of the hotel and out through the door. I ran in the direction the person had gone in and saw no one like them. My heart was beating fast and my mind full of confusion.

Who had that been?

A/N: Tension coming in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...
10.1K 117 6
-BOOK 2- The second book in the series of "Thrill in Danger" books. Nothing lasts forever. Happiness always comes to an end. People come and go. T...
132K 5.7K 23
"What happens when a bad billionaire popular boy becomes obsessed with a nerd middle class girl" ? ♥︎Start - 1/1/2023 ♡︎ End - not end yet :) © inn...
1.7M 59.4K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...