The Player's Doctor

By unknow900

Amelia Faith, who has been a doctor for over a year now. She never would have thought she would fall in love... More

Disclaimer:
Characters
Playlist
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
21.
22.
23.
24.
Important!!!
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
Epilogue

20.

4.5K 84 2
By unknow900

The Real Dinner

"You got this, okay? Maybe after the dinner, you two can talk it out. She sees how far you have come, Dane." I said, as I comforted him, rubbing his shoulders.

He nods, facing me and looking at me. "I don't know what I'd do without you Amelia, because of you, I feel like I belong somewhere." He says, honestly. Instead of replying, I grab his shirt and bring his mouth to mine. He wraps his hands around my waist, and I wrap my arms around his neck. My hands slid in his hair. I loved the way it felt. It was soft and short, but not too short. This kiss felt like winning the lottery.

"Tonight," I say, pulling apart. I get a good look at his swollen red lips and messy hair from our kiss. He smirked and pecked my lips.

"But you have to talk to your mom okay, and then, maybe, just maybe, you will get a reward." I grin.

"Okay, then let's go." He grabs my hand and pulls me towards the stairs. I chuckle.

"Hey Owen, are you ready and dressed?" I asked as I see him sitting on the couch, watching some sports channel.

It has been about a week since the failure of the other dinner. I convinced Dane to invite her over to our house. I think Dane would be more comfortable, because it didn't bring up memories. Good or bad.

Once I'm in the kitchen, I pull out the roasted carrots from the over and stir the homemade mash potatoes in the pot.

"Yes, is it okay if I watch the rest of this before she gets here?" He asks, turning towards me.

"Yeah, that's fine, but first come set the table please." I say. He nods his head, grabbing plates, napkins, and utensils.

"You look pretty mom," said Owen. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you," I was wearing mom jeans and a beige sweater. For my jewelry, I wore gold and light makeup.

"Who's winning?" Dane asked, taking a sip of root beer as he looked at the college football on the TV.

"Gorgia," Repled Owen, taking a sip of his juice box, copying Dane.

"Ha, no shocker." Dane shook his head. I chuckled and checked on the steak. The steak was perfect, so I turned off the burner and took it out of the pan and placed it on a fact plate. Since we had company, it was time to take the China out.

I covered everything up, so dinner would still be hot when Dane's mom would come over. The doorbell rings just in time. I open the door.

"Hello," Dane's mom smiles.

"This is such a gorgeous house," she said, looking around my kitchen and living room. They both were open, which I loved.

"Thank you, I'll have to give you a tour later." I said, keeping conversation. Owen turned his back, looking at us now from the couch, he immediately turned off the TV.

"Hi!" He waved. Dane stood up

"Owen, do you want to help give a tour?" I suggested. He nodded his head, coming over towards us.

~

After giving her a tour, we decided it was time for dinner. Dane still didn't talk as much as he usually does, but he looked more comfortable than last time.

"So Dane, when did you decide to get into football?" She asked, eating her dinner and looking at him.

"I don't really remember it. I just always liked playing, and then I got good in college. And here I am." He said, finishing up his dinner. This dinner was so awkward. I glare at Dane. He looks at me and playfully rolls his eyes.

"How's work?" He asks. A smile replaces her frown.

"Oh you know, it's something." She says, swatting her hand.

"Still working for that one company?" He asks, gulping down his water.

"Oh yeah, they actually promoted me." She smiles.

"That's good." He says. I take a sip of my wine.

"My team made it into the wild card round. I would love for you to come to a game." Dane said.

"Oh, of course! When is it?" She asks.

"Sunday." He says.

"Okay, send me a link to the tickets and I will buy one." She says, taking a sip of her wine.

"No need, you can stay in the family room. It's too cold outside." He says. I was really proud he was talking with his mom. Even if it's not addressing the past, but they will eventually get there. Just not today. And that's okay.

"Really?" She asked, tears in her eyes.

He nods, not hesitating. She stands up and walks over to Dane, who was next to me and hugs him. He stands up, wrapping his huge arms around her petite body.

"I'm so sorry Dane. Truly I am. I was just so hurt by everything." She sobs into his chest.

"I was a shitty son, I got what I deserved." He choked.

"No, I should've helped you. Instead, I did worse." She sobbed harder.

Deciding that they need privacy, I stood up and grabbed Owen's hand and took him upstairs with me. We walked into his room. "Why was she crying mom?" Owen asked, sitting on his bed. I followed, sitting next to him.

"Nothing honey, it was just about the past. But everything is okay now." I wrapped my arm around Owen and kissed his temple. Just thinking about kicking Owen out made me sick to my stomach. But she had her reasons, and I couldn't judge.

"Want to watch some football?" Owen smiled at me and grabbed his remote for his tv.

~

"I just don't get it. If the point of the game is to tackle someone then why did they flag it?" I ask, as we watch the tv.

"Because it's called an illegal tackle." He said, sighing.

"How do you know the difference between legal and illegal?" I asked. This game was so confusing.

Before he ould reply, Dane steps in the doorframe. "What are you two doing?" He ask, making his way toward the bed. He sits down, Owen now in the middle of Dane and I.

"Just teaching mom how football works." He says. Dane snorts.

"Good luck," He says.

"Hey!" I lightly smack his head. Owen chuckles.

"What are you laughing about?" I ask, tickling him. He laughs, his face turns red. Before I can continue you they both attack me.

"Stop!" I laugh so hard. Good thing I didn't have to use the bathroom.

"Dane I swear to God I-" I don't finish because he holds me down and Owen tickled the hell out of me.

"Owen! N-no dessert." He immeitally stops.

"Hey I thought you were on my team?" Dane asks.

"I can't-"

"Sorry I took so long, I wanted to clean up for you guys." Dane's mother says as she stands outside of Owen's room.

"Oh that's okay." I say. I get up from the bed, fixing my clothing and hair. Dane's mother smiles at us three.

"Well I should get going, this was nice. Thank you for inviting me." She says.

"Stay." Dane says, standing from the bed and wrapping his arms around my waist for comfort.

"You drank tonight and it's dark. I don't want you driving." He says. He is perfect for me.

"Thank you, I don't want to inturde on your family time." She softly says.

"It's okay we have a guest room downstairs. Maybe we can watch a movie tonight. And my mother leaves clothing here all the time, I can give you some. Or Dane has something." I say.

"Really?" Her eyes light up like Christmas lights. I nod my head.

"Okay, thank you." She says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.2K 4.6K 47
"Here!" I say as I place a pack of condoms in his hand. "What? Now you want me to fuck you?" "In your dreams! I don't know why you're asking my best...
38.6K 877 50
Family... Where life begins and love never ends, right? Well not for me, my life began somewhere else and where love ended. *** Meet Jasmine Rose...
231K 1.5K 12
FIRST STORY IN THE DIFFERENT STORY SERIES (currently rewriting!) Heartbreaks, injuries, a bunch of doctors saving lives.. In this story you will hav...
2.1K 34 48
Mia Rives 18 year old Mia lost her parents in a tragic accident when she was 15. She found herself in an abusive relationship, shes lost in her own h...