Falling For The CEO (Enduranc...

By Dredge116

Jacinta Collins is a single Mum to a daughter who moves to Endurance Bay to start over after she loses her hu... More

Table of contents
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
7
8
9
10
11
12
12.5
Epilogue
Revenge (OUT NOW)
Finding Faith (Coming November 30)
Accidentally Engaged (out Now)
Contract Assassin (Out Now)
Indebted To Him (Out Now)
Beautiful Disaster (Out Now)
Shattered (sneak peak)

Chapter 2

18.5K 678 8
By Dredge116

I smile at her. "What's your name, princess?"

"I'm Lauren Adams. What's yours?"

"I'm Jacinta Collins. Do you know where I can find Jemma's Diner?"

The mother points it.

I see the window sign 'Jemma's Diner." I had to cause a pile-up in front of the diner I need to go to.

I pick up my phone and call Ryker.

Ryker: Hello?

Me: It's, Jacinta. I won't be back to work for the rest of the day.

Ryker: What happened?

Me: Umm, I caused a pile-up in front of Jemma's Diner.

Ryker: How did you cause that?

Me: I had to swerve onto the other side of the car and doing that I got hit by another car. You know how the rest of the pile-up goes.

Ryker: Are you alright?

Me: Yes, but, I don't have a car to get my daughter. My car is totalled.

Ryker: Stay, where you are and I'll come and get you.

I put my phone in my pocket.

I need a warm drink.

I walk on shaky legs to the diner. "When the cops come tell them I'm in the diner."

At the diner I order a hot chocolate. The customers shake their heads at me.

"What?" I snap.

The waitress touches my arm. "We've never had an accident like this before."

I sigh. "It wasn't my fault. A little girl ran onto the road."

"What little girl?"

"Lauren Adams."

The customers run out of the diner.

What's the deal with this little girl?

I look at the woman's name tag. 'Rachelle'

"Excuse me, why did everyone run out when mentioned that little girls name?"

"Lauren, was blind at a young age and one morning she woke up and she could see things through fog. This week the pictures are getting clearer for her. She didn't think to check the road when she ran across it. The seeing is new to her, she's the towns miracle."

"Do you think I'm going to get arrested for the accident?"

She shakes her head. "Nah, the sheriff will let you off because you avoided hitting a girl. Did you get hurt in the accident?"

"No, I'm fine."

I call the preschool.

Helen: Hello?

Me: Hey, Helen. It's Jacinta. I was in a car crash and I have to go to the Police Station. If I'm not able to pick my daughter up, can someone else do it for me?

Helen: Yes, who would pick her up for you?

Me: Ryker Sullivan.

Helen: Okay, I'll put his name on the emergency contact for you.

Me: Thank you.

I put my phone on the table.

Ryker walks in the diner. "Jacinta!" he runs over to me and wraps me in his arms. I start crying and he holds onto me.

The police walk into the diner. "Miss Collins, we have a few questions for you. We're going to have to take you to the police station."

I follow them to the police car.

"Ryker, can you ..."

I collapse.

"Jacinta!" Ryker yells.

***

I wake some time later to the smell of bleach. Where the hell am I? I hear beep, beep, beep. I turn to the left and see the machine I'm hooked to. I'm in the hospital. How did I get here? Ryker is holding my hand. "Jacinta, wake up. Santana needs her, Mum."

I move my hand.

"Can you hear me, Cinta?"

I move my hand and open my eyes. "Ryker,"

"I'm here, baby."

"What happened?"

"You had internal bleeding from the accident. You scared me."

I turn to him. "I'm sorry we didn't get our date."

He laughs. "You'll make it up to me when we get out of here."

I smile. "OK, when can I go home?"

The Doctor walks into the room. "It's good to see you awake, Miss Collins. You scared this gentleman here."

"When can I go home?"

"We're going to have you stay overnight. You can go home in the morning. But, you need someone to keep an eye on you for a couple days."

Ryker holds my hand. "I'll be there for her. She can stay at my place."

I squeeze his hand. "Where's my daughter?"

"She's outside with Daniele."

"Who's Daniele?"

"She's the babysitter."

"Can you bring her in here?"

Ryker walks out the door and he brings her in.

"Mum." Santana runs over to me.

I move over in the bed. "Climb up."

Santana climb into the bed with me. "Are you coming home tonight?"

I shake my head. "No, I need to stay here over night. You're going home with Ryker and Adam."

"Come on, Santana. We need to go home." Ryker says.

Santana climbs off my bed and stands next to Ryker.

Ryker kisses my cheek. "See you in the morning."

"Bye, Mum." She takes Ryker's hands and they walk out the door.

***

The following morning at ten, Ryker walks into my room. I smile at him. "I thought you would be at work.

He shakes his head. "Nah, I couldn't work knowing that you were in the hospital. I promised Santana that I wouldn't leave you alone, after I dropped her and Adam off at Pre School."

I smile. "Do you keep promises to kids?"

He nods. "When it comes to Santana and Adam I'll keep my promises."

"Ryker, we don't need to stay at your house if you don't want us to."

Ryker pulls me into his side. "Jacinta you're the first woman that I want in my house since Adam's Mum."

Aw, that's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me.

The doctor walks into the room. "Miss Collins I have your discharge paper here for you to fill out.

I sign the papers and in half an hour I'm let go. Ryker has the car parked by the door. He helps me into the car. I look in the backseat and see Santana's booster seat there. "When did you get Santana's booster seat?"

"Yesterday, I asked the police if I could get. I told them I had to pick up your daughter."

"Thank you."

Ryker drives towards the preschool. "We're going to pick up the kids and go home."

At the school I step out of the car. We walk into the building.

Santana and Adam run over to us.

Adam takes my hand. "What are we doing today?"

"How about a movie?" Ryker says.

Santana nods. "I want to see home."

"OK," Ryker signs the kids out and we walk to the car. Adam and Santana climb into the car. I put Santana belt on for her and climb into the front seat.

***

Ryker buys the tickets for the movie and we walk into the cinema.

I ask. "Where do you want to sit?"

"In the middle." Santana and Adam run to the seat they want to sit in.

Ryker puts his arm around my waist and we make out way over to the kids.

Santana looks at me. "Mum, I want some popcorn."

"I'll get some." Ryker walks over to the concession stand and gets some popcorn and drinks. He gives the popcorn to Adam and Santana.

"Thanks, Dad." Adam put some popcorn I his mouth.

***

Thanks for reading

vote/comment/follow me if you enjoyed the story

❤️MissDredge❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 10.1K 40
'𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.' |18+| ❝Look at you so open and sexy bent over...
474K 24.9K 52
Cover made by: @Malak-- "Ruby why are you so afraid to open up to me? I've been trying to love you but all you've been doing is pushing me away and I...
90 0 27
When 16-year-old Hope Collins, a police officer's daughter, enters the prestigious Highridge High School to investigate the hit-and-run accident that...
732K 19.2K 34
> * * * When her ex-boyfriend broke things off after finding out she's pregnant, what's a girl to do? She get scared, packed her things and left. Bu...