Beguile

Autorstwa TheHappyCucumber

Kennedy woke up with amnesia. Without knowing anything she got thrown to a deadly game involving young crimi... Więcej

The School
Chapter 1:Part 1
Chapter 1: Part 2
Chapter 2: Part 1
Chapter 2: Part 2
Chapter 3: Part 1
Chapter 3: Part 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

Chapter 57

256 6 0
Autorstwa TheHappyCucumber

3rd Person's POV

The only view that the 15 year-old Elise could have known in her life is the four corner cell she's kept in.

White paint is thick on the walls, while her bed is made out of clean wood thats's firmly attached to the floor. Like a hospital, it's to ensure there's no weapon she could hurt herself with.

"Ready!" That same voice echoed throughout the halls, and the little flimsy girl got ready by standing on the corner furthest from the door.

The door slammed open, and masked soldiers came in. Dragging her into the line of same bony kids. While forcing them to get a piece of paper.

She open it up and a number 10 is written in bold ink.

Her arms are hurting from the soldier's grip but she didnt dare voice out her concerns. Big guns are attached to their hips, while the only thing she have is the thin white fabric she draped over herself.

I could choke one with this fabric, then use his gun to kill the others.

She thought. Her hands trembling to the idea. It couldnt be fear because she's confident with her abilities but then will the other children be fine with this decision?

They're clothed, fed, and they were given a warm place to stay to.

Elise' have thought about it as long as she remembers if she was supposed to be grateful for everything or simply hate her fate.

"Move!" The soldier kicked her and she almost fell to her face. Thankfully, her friend Claire caught her in time.

"This is it!" She whispered, smiling from ear to ear.

"What's there to be excited about? Its all the same."

Claire nudged her side but it didnt wiped the pout Elise have on. "Come on. We're to be soldiers! The government mustve thought about it for a long time on how to help orphans like us-"

"More like using us. All that's nice here is the plentiful of food after every training." Elise couldnt lie that she's thankful for that atleast. The training schedule have always been abrupt, sometimes theres twice a week, sometimes it wouldnt even happen in months. But one thing for sure, they dont fail to make a feast.

"See? Theyre helping... Its like give and take. In return for helping us we're to serve our country with loyalty."

"Yeah. Yeah."

"Youre such a baby." She paused. "Look at this."

She discreetly opened her palm up to show a bronze coin. Its nothing special. No matter how Elise look at it, its just a normal 25 cents.

"What am I looking at?" She asked.

"You wont guess." She whispered excitedly, trying to hide her giggles as she hide the coin away. "Did you know it could write on walls?"

"The coin?"

"Yes! Ive been hiding my masterpieces behind the door."

Elise' eyes grew wide. "Youve been scribbling on the walls?! What if they found out?"

"Oh shush. How often do you see them enter our rooms? None. Besides Im honing my skills so when we get out of here I'll build a gallery to display my arts in. How about you? What do you want to do when we get out?"

Elise wondered.

She always want to get out. She wants to have the sun lay directly on her skin, and despite the cold, she wants to be able to touch snow. To catch them with her tongue. To make snow angels. Or just lay around.

She sighs, though there's one thing she really wants. "I want to be able to laugh so hard my sides will hurt."

There's a faint sadness flashed across Claire's face. Her hands creeped up to squish her hand, then she said something. Two words. But it got buried when the bell rang.

A wave of crowd broke them apart till Claire was engulf in the distance.

The speaker started with a static. Masked spectators are up covered with thick glass.

"What is this?" Elise mumbled. They usually have trainors with them, and the room should be filled with all kinds of weapon to try into -daggers, swords, anything that can kill. Except for guns. They say its too easy to use.

"Good morning, my dear soldiers. Today is a special day!" It started with an unfamiliar voice. "It's sad to announce that this will be the last day we'll see each other, But after today, it'll also be your first to enter the real world. However, to commemorate this special day we'll be having a special game. On your right are all kinds of weapons -no guns of course- you'll have to choose only one amongst them."

The guards led them to the weaponry. Everyone started picking up without any knowledge of what's about to happen. Some chose a spear, some swords, an axe, or a sickle. When it was Elise' time to choose without thinking she pick out a dagger, afterall its the easiest to carry.

Then the voice began once again, explaining his special game.

"As you all know, for years you've been here you were taught to fight with no bias. You train at the same time, and eat the same food. Today, in this very special day, you will fight till only one is left."

The crowd of ten 15- year olds starts to surround themselves with questions, murmuring what could it mean. And as they were about to ask the voice began again.

"This will be your first real-life experience. Unlike a sack of sand or wheat that wont bleed nor scream, fighting the real deal will be more exciting, emotional, brutal. For it will be life against life. You hear me. This is real. A game of death, and only those who survives gets to escape." He continued. "Earlier you picked out a number ranging from 1 to 10. To start the game, number 1 will be the first to enter the ring and fight with number 2. The one who survives will have to fight number 3 and so on."

Elise thought that its unfair, but then again she felt a tiny bit relieved when she remembered she has the last number.

She havent fought with anyone yet, nor did she even observed the way they fight.

She started searching for Claire, her only friend, she wanted to ask what her number is. She wanted to say to hang on. She wanted to beg for her to survive. She wanted for both of them to fulfill their dreams.

The bell rang and the gate to the enclosed ring opened. The number 1 was called again and again and again, but no one stepped up. The guards started to step up, searching for the unlucky chicken, however one guard approached Elise and started dragging her into the enclosure.

"Im not!" She resisted. "Its not me!" She scurried to search the number in her pockets but her fingers had gone cold and she couldnt feel anything.

She slipped out of the guard's grasp and bump onto Claire.

Finally, she thought.

However, her friend completely ignored her. Trying to avoid her eyes as she hang on to her own number.

"Claire?" She wondered. But it all became clear when she got a glimpse of the number-10 she's gripping on like it's her life.

It's as if Elise' world turned silent as she finally found her own number. The number 1 was boldly printed on the paper. That's when she realized that her friend had betrayed her.

Friends. Dreams.

They all disappeared along with her sympathy.

And that night, Elise survived.

The ground is warm. She felt breathless. Gasping for air while desperate to reach for that spur of excitement as the victor.

She was supposed to lay on the cloud-like touch of snow, however the ground is no more than covered with the warmth of gooey crimson.

It feels disgusting.

It feels............... so lonely.

She glance towards her last opponent. She have a steady gaze on her, unlike the one Elise remembered, this one shows no emotion. No smiles, no grins, no nothing. Just a constant continual gaze.

One last time, Elise confirmed that Claire is dead.

As she was in a state of disarray, a masked girl bent down to rip out the dagger from Claire's neck. Then she walk towards Elise in a horrific rhythm of mush and the ungiving stiffness of new leather.

She smiled. Rather, Elise felt her smiling.

"I've been watching you."

Elise responded with silence.

"That girl, we gave her a hint of what would happen today. She gives the best results and everyone were betting her to be the victor. Everyone else thinks she's special. Everyone else wanted her to win."

Elise peer over but she could only see her light-brown eyes, almost hazel, but her eyes suits her. Not as light, but also not as dark.

"I've been watching you." She repeated as Elise starts to do the same. Watching her. Her pale skin, the jet black strands peeking over her neatly pulled hair, her voice......

Before the masked girl stood back up, Elise snatched her hand.

"A reward. I won so give me a reward."

The unknown girl cocks her head in confusion, however she looks as willing. "What do you want?"

Elise thickly swallowed, scared that she might get rejected but its all or nothing.

"I'd like to see you again."

"Me?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

Elise couldn't answer.

She stayed there thinking of words that wouldn't come. Though there's her heart that feels like on fire; And she couldn't look away, its as if she's drawing her in -and even if it's a trap, Elise will let it be.

As her throat hitches with indescribable emotions, the girl assured, "If fate let us. By then, will you approach me first?" She paused. "Im a little bad in making friends."

"Of course!" Elise blurted.

Then the girl walked away.

Somehow, Elise no longer feels lonely.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

4.6K 272 37
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
1.2K 153 27
[FEATURED ON YA MYSTERY AND MYSTERYTHRILLERIN!] [PREVIOUSLY FEATURED ON MYSTERY!] ❝All of this is nothing but a cruel, sinister twist to an innocent...
335K 10K 123
Accused of an assault he doesn't remember, Ricky's senior year is made doubly complicated when he falls for the victim's best friend, Olivia - his on...