One Way: Find the Destiny

By Chimera_Regarion

One second that is all it takes to know something is wrong. It is that one second that the heart stops beatin... More

Prologue
~1~ : Something is not right
~ 2 ~ : I am doomed!
~3~: Something to remember...
~4~: Quite the situation
~5~: Don't be suspicious!
~6~: First impressions matter!
~7~: What a maid...
~8~: This Girl is crazy!!!
~9~: Meet the brothers
~10~: Jealousy over abilities
~11~: Freaking names...
~12~: The story behind the duke family
~13~: Fancy.. Very Fancy...
~14~: A strange child
~15~: My new servant
~16~: Shortcut
~17~: Favorite!
~18~: The start of the festival!
~19~: Build different
~20~: On the hit list
~21~: A sleeping dragon
~22~: Dragons and Wizards...
~23~ Too many questions!
~24~: A quiet life or not?
~25~: Silent War!
~26~: Hidden in the attack!
~27~: Meet the prince!
~28~: Things will change...
~29~: An auspicious oracle
~30~: Escape!
~31~: Rumors
~32~ Mysterious Doctor - all healer - a true angel...
~33~: That one kid... no way...
~34~: New Saint treatment.... INSANE!
~35~: Welcome to the church!
~36~: This was to be expected!
~37~: What to do....No where to hide!
~38~: What happened...
~39~: On the same boat
~40~: Let the distraction begin!
~41~: A true Saintess!
~42~: Area Heal
~43~: Sent by the heavens
~44~: ... What are you doing here?!
~45~: At the banquet
~46~: Help Request
~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!
~48~: The start of the war
~49~: The mages arrival
~50~: The warside...everything is possible!
~51~: Leading the way!
~52~: When the dragon arrives!
~54~: A god?
~55~: Closure for families!
~56~: One last mission!
~57~: Peace Talks
~58~: Talks were never an option....
~59~: For a better future!
~60~: The mind is a strange thing

~53~: Battle of the giants

8 3 0
By Chimera_Regarion

It was terrifying to be on the ground. Just one wrong move and I could be done for. This thing was no joke at all but this was necessary and I knew and wanted to help them all. My wish was greater than anything that could stop me. Maybe it was because of how determined I was but I actually felt unbeatable right now.

"ROOOOOOAAAAAAAR"

My roar echoed through the area as I used area heal. It was one method which I only found out recently. Still it was more than powerful enough to heal all the men on the side as well as the ones close to me on the ground. The whole floor was littered with either dead bodies of demons or humans. I still didn't get the difference between a demon and a human. All I knew was that they once were humans as well. Just knowing that made me angrier.

How can they sacrifice soo many people for this?

They lives matter!

They are important!

Each live matters no matter how insignificant it might appear!

They are all alive and have feelings!

This is unforgivable!

I got angrier and angrier which fused the bloodlust in my body. It might be too much for some human being but other than just dropping unconscious by it, there wouldn't be any more damage to that. Not as if I could actually worry about that right now. I had to fight and I had to survive. I couldn't even stop for a moment at the moment I let out my second roar, this creature started running at me.

You wanna have it this way?

Alright!

The moment it started running towards me, I also started running towards it but I had my dragon breath ready to fire. Needless to say that I was just waiting for the right moment to strike. I was really simply waiting till I was close enough to open up my wings and get me up into the air while using my flames at it.

In response the creature stopped running at me once again but instead turned around to use its tail to catch me. That wouldn't work at all. Maybe if I was a second slower but right now I was not giving it the chance to attack me at all. I knew already what it was going to ever after seeing that it was trying to fight solely with its tail. Of course, I jumped up into the air and to the side of it. Just a matter of seconds later and it tried to attack me again but this time I was faster than it and I finally landed an attack at its poison which seemed to be quite easily flammable if the fire would be hot enough. If normal fire wouldn't kill it then blue flames would for sure.

I might not be able to use these blue flames for a prolonged time but I could use it enough to get its side and make it scream in pain. I think the creature also noticed that there was no way of escaping it because as dumb as it was it started to turn around and face me. It was definitely angry. Oh and how angry I made it.

Here it comes!

Ready or not, this is it!

NO!

I will not give it any chance to attack me at all!

NEVER!

FOR OUR FUTURE!

"ROOOOAAAAAAARRRRRR"

Once again I roared up but this time instead of using my flames I jumped to the side once again hiding in them and then lash onto its tail. The back had spikes and it had quite some horns as well. For me the most dangerous part was the tail which was also venomous but only the tip of it. Of course I wouldn't bite into that but I was eager enough to bite in the lower part and then try to get it up into the air.

I realized that I wasn't able to do it much harm but who said I wasn't about to try to do it my way?

If I couldn't fight it from the top nor from the side, then what was hindering me from attacking the bottom?

With that in mind, I started to fly up and also pull the tail up. Too bad for me that this thing was definitely too heavy for me. There was no way I could actually get it up in the air completely. Yet it didn't have to be up in the air completely at all. All I had to do was actually tip it over with a fast reaction and if it was the air, then this was my element.

The beast which I bit into the tail and was trying to pull up, was fighting back hard but it couldn't move that well. It had short legs and a short neck. This way I knew that it couldn't snap at me at all. For now I was quite safe. However there was definitely no time to rest. The more I was fighting it the more I would get tired and it was not looking tired at all while it was on the battlefield a lot longer than me. All I could do for now was react fast and use my brain to trick it.

If we would speak in terms of pure strength then my slim body was not made for this fight at all. Even speed was not something I could compare to it from what I could see. Well not if I was on land. In the air, it was looking quite differently already.

Anyways, I had its tail up in the air and was thinking of attacking it with fire but I felt a pain around my chest. This pain was telling me enough. I ran out of energy to use the flames. My own chess was getting hot as well thanks to these flames and it would burn me from the inside out if I used too much of the blue flames. It once again took me too much energy in order to get that much heat to produce the blue flames. If it were normal, read flames that everything would be normal.

Since I was using blue flames ever after I saw that it had a weakness for it or was avoiding it more than necessary in some areas, I decided to switch and that was getting me tired out quickly and my chess was feeling very hot. It was not really a big of a deal but it was definitely painful to use any kind of fire right now. This meant I had to switch on attacking purely with my claws and teeth.

Alright!

No flames anymore....

But let's see if the skin is as thick on the stomach like on the back!

Try attacking me now!!!

This was a battle between giants and I was clearly overpowering this huge bulky monster.

Before I could flip this monster in the right direction, I had to make sure that the tail would be rendered useless. It was just common sense since it attacked me with that the whole time.

*snap*

A loud snapping sound echoed through the battlefield. I didn't notice the silence until I could hear that snapping sound louder than I believed I would. Not only was it that sound that was loud but also the screeching roar which followed soon after it.

"ROAAAAAAAARRRRRR"

It didn't faze me one bit. Right about now, I felt more than just confident in myself. I knew I could do it but I was still careful. My instincts were on high alert while I was fighting this damn beast. This was basically the only reason why I was this focused on it and the reaction it was giving me while I was fighting it. If I wouldn't have focused on it, I wouldn't have seen that it was immediately trying to shield its head with the salvia as well as some specific parts of the back.

Now looking at my options, I decided to flop that demonic beast over and even push it to the right direction with my own tail and later on with my claw as well. I was fast in the air and that implied making quick swift movements to get on top of an enemy so huge as this one. I was in fact standing above it. I could see its eyes as I had my claws set on the stomach.

With the tail rendered useless, I didn't have to worry about that anymore and instead I used my flames once again. It hurt like hell. I felt as if my throat was starting to get burned or worse I could even taste the blood which was coming up my throat while I was spewing fire down at its head. There was no way for it to escape that fire at all.

"ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAaa—"

One last dying screech and it was done. Still I couldn't just leave it like that and started to dig into its stomach. I was completely out of my senses. I felt the pain, I felt the blood running and dripping down from my mouth and yet, I used my claws to rip open the skin. It was hard but it was nor impossible to dig and dig and dig till the skin started to rip and I could use my teeth to tear up some flesh and spew it out somewhere else. I wanted to make sure it was dead. I wanted it to be done for good and not wake up on me. I was angry and I was frustrated. I was anxious and yet I was also under some kind of trance as I watched the skin tear apart and the beast started bleeding.

I don't know for how long I was doing this but I only came back to my senses when I had its heart in my mouth.

The screams of my fellow family members or the telepathic message from the tower master or even my friend Ilya didn't reach my ears at all. It died out as my obsession to kill it became greater and greater and maybe this was what it meant to get lost in blood lust or it was just me getting lost in my own emotions. I was drowning in them. I felt pity towards all the fallen soldiers and I felt angry at the crown who would sacrifice soo many innocent lives. It was not their choice to fight here or that they would turn into something demonic! It was never their choice to leave their families behind and die in a battle that could have been prevented. This was all just because the crown was stubborn and arrogant. They couldn't help but be who they were, greedy little bastards who were sitting on their throne for far too long. It was time to finally change this damn dynasty.

"STOP IT"

"IT'S DEAD VIVIANA!"

"Child, stop it please! You are losing yourself! Come back to your senses!"

Only when I had the heart in my mouth and only after I dropped it, I let one final roar out before actually moving away from the dead body and finally dropping on the ground completely out of breath. It was about now that I felt how badly my throat was hurting. My breathing was hitched as well. I was just too exhausted to do anything but lay down right there.

"Quickly! Get his Eminence here!"

"I will use some low level potions we have left on you.... Just hold on..."

A thought popped up in my mind and although I was scared about it, I couldn't do much. Maybe I was looking way worse than I felt like. I didn't know if I got hurt by my very own flames or if it actually managed to hit me at all. My body felt numb and tired as I had exhausted all my energy and was just breathing very very hard. Some blood was still dripping down my mouth and I felt it in my mouth as well. Each time I was breathing in and out, the blood inside of my throat was moving as well.

"I am already here. Move out of my way!"

"YOU BETTER HEAL HER!"

"I can't."

"WHAT?!"

"I said I can't."

"WHY?!"

"Because her holy power is pure. My holy power doesn't mix well with heres. Her's is too pure for it."

"Then what do you suggest?"

I wish I could see who was gathering around me but I was too tired to open my eyes. All I could do for now was breath and just be there. I was way too exhausted but it felt good. I really felt peaceful now that I had taken care of this demonic beast. My mind was at peace, my body was on fire and everything was blurry. Of course I knew that I needed some rest but knowing that I could at least save some of my people and my family and friends was enough for me to be this close to give in to the rest which was creeping up on me.

"Sensei, can we use our healing potions on her?"

"We can try but we do not have a lot anymore."

"My friend, do you still have some on you?"

"Personally I only have two but I don't know if this will be enough."

"Can we not make more?"

"We don't have any more ingredients."

"What do you need? We owe her our life. The holy knights will get it no matter how hard it is to get."

"That's not the problem but it takes time...."

"Vivi... my dear sister.... Hold on....."

"MOVE AWAY FROM HER!"

"Your Eminence?"

"I feel a huge fluctuation in holy energy around her. Everyone get away from her now!"

"I can see what you mean... there are quite some magic elements around her as well...."

"She's.... she's ... she's healing herself....."

There was only this much I could do with such an exhausted body and the last thing I did was shifting back into a human being. I felt safe being here with all these people. They wouldn't hurt me and my instincts were finally at ease as well. All the tension left my body when I started hearing all these voices around me. Not only was Ryan and my grandfather there but Ilya and the tower master as well as Micheal and Jasper and Noel. I heard the voices of all the people I wanted to protect and I felt truly at ease.

Now... I can... finally.... Rest.....

Just a bit.... I will sleep this off.... Just a bit....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 28.1K 68
I had reincarnated into Remis Xenith, the younger brother of the heroine, who died at the beginning of every route. In order to not interfere with t...
119K 7.4K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...
16.7K 941 29
A/N: Had a bout of inspiration; may edit and then republish some time later after finishing writing another story, since I'm more focused on my other...
15M 517K 50
#01 in vampire [10.07.2017] #01 in fantasyfiction [14.03.2021] #2 in Prestige awards #03 in thriller [28.05.2018] #02 in romance [04.10.2018] I...