One Way: Find the Destiny

By Chimera_Regarion

One second that is all it takes to know something is wrong. It is that one second that the heart stops beatin... More

Prologue
~1~ : Something is not right
~ 2 ~ : I am doomed!
~3~: Something to remember...
~4~: Quite the situation
~5~: Don't be suspicious!
~6~: First impressions matter!
~7~: What a maid...
~8~: This Girl is crazy!!!
~9~: Meet the brothers
~10~: Jealousy over abilities
~11~: Freaking names...
~12~: The story behind the duke family
~13~: Fancy.. Very Fancy...
~14~: A strange child
~15~: My new servant
~16~: Shortcut
~17~: Favorite!
~18~: The start of the festival!
~19~: Build different
~20~: On the hit list
~21~: A sleeping dragon
~22~: Dragons and Wizards...
~23~ Too many questions!
~24~: A quiet life or not?
~25~: Silent War!
~26~: Hidden in the attack!
~27~: Meet the prince!
~28~: Things will change...
~29~: An auspicious oracle
~30~: Escape!
~31~: Rumors
~32~ Mysterious Doctor - all healer - a true angel...
~33~: That one kid... no way...
~34~: New Saint treatment.... INSANE!
~35~: Welcome to the church!
~36~: This was to be expected!
~37~: What to do....No where to hide!
~38~: What happened...
~39~: On the same boat
~40~: Let the distraction begin!
~41~: A true Saintess!
~42~: Area Heal
~43~: Sent by the heavens
~44~: ... What are you doing here?!
~45~: At the banquet
~46~: Help Request
~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!
~48~: The start of the war
~49~: The mages arrival
~50~: The warside...everything is possible!
~52~: When the dragon arrives!
~53~: Battle of the giants
~54~: A god?
~55~: Closure for families!
~56~: One last mission!
~57~: Peace Talks
~58~: Talks were never an option....
~59~: For a better future!
~60~: The mind is a strange thing

~51~: Leading the way!

8 3 0
By Chimera_Regarion

I was feeling great being back in this dragon form. I really didn't get why I felt this great being in a dragon form but I did. This was the best thing to experience. The breeze of air against my skin and the feeling of being able to fly everywhere I wanted was just making me feel free. There was nothing better than this. As much as I wanted to focus on these happy thoughts, I just couldn't with the ongoing war that was raging below my feet.

"RAAAAAOOOORRRR"

Roaring into the morning sky wasn't making any difference but I wanted to make my presence known. I was sure that even the people on the battlefield could hear my roar. If they could hear it then maybe, I had the hope that, maybe their spirit would rise and they would not give up yet. They had to hold on no matter what but till then I had to stop flying very fast ahead because of the men following my lead.

Shit...

Some of the beasts are coming this way!

I'll get rid of them before they can harm Micheal and his holy knights!

On the ground, the holy knights were all on horses following me as I was flying above their heads and sometimes even circling. It turned out that the demons we had thought earlier were not the only ones which escaped. More and more started to spam while we came closer to the real battleside.

Their screams echoed as they went to kill the creatures. It was a scream filled with their emotions and their results to go on and live. Anyone who might hear them scream would think they were barbarians but I knew better than that since I was watching them from above. Of course I could go down to help them but would I be really of any help especially with the size of my body? I had to land in order to do anything and even then there wouldn't be enough space for me to move at all. This was the reason why I was flying above their heads. Then again, I could use my firebreath to help them out. Though while I would do that, I would probably make the whole forest catch fire as well and kill them all instead of helping them.

It is coming in fast!

They are all fighting demons for now....

I am gonna drop and take care of this.

"ROOOOOOOAAAAARRRR"

I let yet another roar out before I went flying faster towards the demonic being. It was huge from what I could see and it was strong since it was uprooting the trees in its path. The skin was all gray and it seemed as if it had scales as well. Was this how a normal demonic beast looked like? If so then I was seriously questioning what beasts the soldiers of the duchy would be for taking care of things like that on a nearly daily basis as well... just unbelievable.

Looking at the thing, I could see some fur as well but the fur was only around the back of the neck as well as legs. From what I could see it had sharp claws as well. I might need to be careful about them. Then the next thing I noticed from the distance I was and from it standing on two feet reacting to my scream, it had horns and six eyes. That thing was a true beast pure and pure. No telling what it could do at all but it seemed strong and fast.

That thing... is a demonic beast?

That is a demonic beast?

Are you kidding me?

That thing is around 2 to 2.5 meters!

How in the world are the soldiers normally dealing with this shit?

It's close to being as tall as me!

Holy!

The closer I got, the more I started to think that what I was about to do might be a wrong decision but was it really? If I wouldn't attack it now, it would for sure go and attack the soldiers behind me who knew how to fight demons but for sure not demonic beasts. Even then this was too much of a scale for them. There was no doubt their ability was really great but this was no longer a question about that. The size of this thing suggested that the knights would need to fight in a group of at least 10 people while at the same time taking care of the demons as well. I wouldn't wish anyone to need to take care of this many enemies, beasts, monsters, demons, call it whatever you wanted. It was just horrible!

Okay....

Here I go!

I started flying up to the sky just to get momentum to grab that thing's neck. That was my plan and it is playing out nicely in my head. All I had to do was fly up, drop very fast and take it with me down so I had a good grip on the head or the body to push it down while I would either use my very own teeth to rip it apart or use my flames for it. That was the plan at least.... Of course things never go according to plan at all.

The moment I got up in the air was the moment it sensed something coming and started to stand on both feet. This made me rethink about dropping at it since it seemed ready to just grab me in midair and do who knows what with me. I couldn't risk that and so I circled for a bit thinking about something else.

Shit...

Can it feel me?

Wait!

Is it intelligent?

I was unsure what to do. I knew I had to do something and that fast since Micheals troops were coming and approaching the beast fast. Of course I didn't want them to get hurt or killed at all. Micheal was an important person and even the knights were good people. There was no need for them to die. They were the hope that the people on the battlefield were waiting for. It was them who would for sure lead our men to victory. I was indeed concerned about what would happen if they would not arrive and if things were looking this bad here, then what was going on at the battlefield. Did I even want to know that? I was afraid of the answer and there was no need to make the situation worse.

I wonder if it can withstand extreme heat....

Let's try!

This is the only thing I can do anyway...

Let's hope this works or I am screwed!

As I was at a good height, I couldn't wait any longer and started dropping. Any more seconds of waiting would mean that this beast would get to the people I was trying to protect and so I just had to believe in myself and in my strength. After all, I was a dragon. Were dragons not always one of the most powerful creatures existing? I sure hope so otherwise what I was about to do would be more than just reckless.

"ROOOAAAAAAARRRR!"

Please... please... please work!

I don't wanna die here!

One last roar and I started to drop while also letting out my firebreath so that it was covering my whole body up. I was dropping fast but the fire was covering me and I could still see the creature. It looked shocked at first but soon tried to move away fastly but with my wings, I could still maneuver around. So running away was meaningless. Especially when I was faster than myself. All it could do was turn around and start to walk a bit on all four but that was it.

GATCHA!

Now there is no running back!

I can't believe this kinda worked....

I have the upper hand now!

I can do this!

I managed to finally do what I wanted and landed on it while pushing my whole body weight down at this bloody beast. The fire was getting to it and it was starting to screech in pain. My claws were sharper than its skin which surprised me a lot. I could pierce through the skin like butter and then started to throw up more fire at the beast. Slowly but surely the skin started to burn and then melt somehow as well. It was smelling horribly but I was not done yet. Something overcame me and I bit into the neck of this creature.

It was gross and it wasn't tasting good as well but I still bit into it and then started to rip out the head. I was only satisfied when the sound of the screeching stopped and the fire alone started to overtake this whole casket. I was done with it and yet I was also not because it was far from over for this thing.

"ROOOOOOAAAAAARRRR"

I jumped up into the air once last time. This time I was overing a bit and burning it all down to ashes with the maximum heat I could produce. Now there was no evidence of it ever being there at all. Only then was I completely satisfied and landed on the ashes.

HMPF!

This feels better!

Now that it is gone... Micheal and his man should be safe....

....

Since when are they standing there....

To my surprise Micheal and the holy knights were standing there. Who knows for how long they were standing there but they seemed all shocked and relieved at the same time. Was this because I just destroyed a beast easily or was it because I was on their side? Whelp, that was something no one would for sure answer me.

"Vivi, are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"Don't worry about me Micheal."

"But you just..."

"I am fine as you can see."

"Alright...."

In order to demonstrate that I didn't have any wound on myself, I stood up on my back feet and opened my wings a bit since the room I created while burning this creature down was giving me just enough space to do this. Standing on my back legs was not easy as well. Somehow it was definitely easier not to do that and so I quickly got on all my four legs again and just looked at Micheal. He seemed a bit more relaxed seeing that I was not hurt at all.

"Are your men alright?"

"Don't worry about them."

"How can I not? They seem tired."

"Men, are you tired?"

"NO SIRE!"

In sync they once again managed to answer Micheal and they seemed more united this time as well.

"We burn with the will to win this fight!"

"Don't worry about us Vivi."

"You sure?"

"Yes. Thanks for killing this thing before we can reach it..."

"No problems."

Now that this was settled, I nodded towards them and then got up into the air once again. This time I couldn't help but listen to what the worries started to talk about. It seemed as if seeing me being a dragon was boosting their morals then so be it but I never thought that it had such a great impact on them at all.

"We rise and fall with the dragon!"

"The dragon is on our side! We can't lose with it!"

"Our Saintess might be a goddess!"

"We will serve the new Saintess for eternity!"

"She saved our lives! They now belong to her."

At some point, I even started thinking these people had definitely a screw loose. There was no way they would say something like this otherwise for sure. I may have saved their lives but this was far from over and on top of that, I was nothing like a goddess.

Wow...

Guess the holy knights are just impressed....

Still I am just a dragon as well...

Who knows what will be there and what will happen...

I can only assist them but I am not sure if I can actually protect all of them....

I wonder how many of them will survive... and their families...

NO!

I have to stay strong and do what I can!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 2.3K 42
How would you feel if you found yourself in a different place with no memory of how you got there? Well that happened to me and this is my sto...
339K 18.4K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
245K 7.2K 59
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
16.6K 928 29
A/N: Had a bout of inspiration; may edit and then republish some time later after finishing writing another story, since I'm more focused on my other...