One Way: Find the Destiny

By Chimera_Regarion

One second that is all it takes to know something is wrong. It is that one second that the heart stops beatin... More

Prologue
~1~ : Something is not right
~ 2 ~ : I am doomed!
~3~: Something to remember...
~4~: Quite the situation
~5~: Don't be suspicious!
~6~: First impressions matter!
~7~: What a maid...
~8~: This Girl is crazy!!!
~9~: Meet the brothers
~10~: Jealousy over abilities
~11~: Freaking names...
~12~: The story behind the duke family
~13~: Fancy.. Very Fancy...
~14~: A strange child
~15~: My new servant
~16~: Shortcut
~17~: Favorite!
~18~: The start of the festival!
~19~: Build different
~20~: On the hit list
~21~: A sleeping dragon
~22~: Dragons and Wizards...
~23~ Too many questions!
~24~: A quiet life or not?
~25~: Silent War!
~26~: Hidden in the attack!
~27~: Meet the prince!
~28~: Things will change...
~29~: An auspicious oracle
~30~: Escape!
~31~: Rumors
~32~ Mysterious Doctor - all healer - a true angel...
~33~: That one kid... no way...
~34~: New Saint treatment.... INSANE!
~35~: Welcome to the church!
~36~: This was to be expected!
~37~: What to do....No where to hide!
~38~: What happened...
~39~: On the same boat
~40~: Let the distraction begin!
~41~: A true Saintess!
~42~: Area Heal
~43~: Sent by the heavens
~45~: At the banquet
~46~: Help Request
~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!
~48~: The start of the war
~49~: The mages arrival
~50~: The warside...everything is possible!
~51~: Leading the way!
~52~: When the dragon arrives!
~53~: Battle of the giants
~54~: A god?
~55~: Closure for families!
~56~: One last mission!
~57~: Peace Talks
~58~: Talks were never an option....
~59~: For a better future!
~60~: The mind is a strange thing

~44~: ... What are you doing here?!

13 2 0
By Chimera_Regarion

I don't really know when but I think, I also kinda fall asleep. Anyways when I woke up, Micheal was by my side and he was sleeping at the bedside too. He was leaning against the edge and I could tell how sleepy he was for him to have fallen asleep too. If anything, he must have been soo worried about me that he simply couldn't go on and fell asleep.

Seeing him sleep this soundly made me not wanting to wake him up at all. It wasn't a deep sleep but it was enough that I would say that I could wake him up if I moved too much. So in the end, I decided to just lay low and wait a bit more thinking about the events and what we had to do next.

For once, the pope lost the respect of all the people who were fathering there and then Micheal gained them because he was simply shielding me and trying to do the right thing. I knew that now that his shackles were gone, he was able to express himself and show his full potential. Somewhat it felt like I was growing closer towards him as if we were becoming siblings not lovers or anything like that. We were still young after all.

"For how long are you awake?"

"Huh?"

"Sorry... I shouldn't have asked that..."

"It's fine. Not long."

"I am-"

That pulled me out of my thoughts of memories. I don't know why I expected him to sleep for a while longer than this. Maybe he just nodded off a bit and I woke up. Oh well, I wouldn't really know what happened for him to fall asleep or how long I was asleep for. However, one thing I did know. I knew how much he thought that what happened was his fault and I wanted to immediately make this right. This was not his fault after all.

"This is not your fault."

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean everything. Micheal, nothing is your fault. It was my choice to act up and you couldn't stop me back then."

"... you really understand me."

"Who else if not me?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

"What's so funny?"

"I never thought that there will be one day someone who could understand me like you...But I don't want to lose you. So never do something like this again."

"Gotcha! It's not as if I wanted to get in trouble myself but it was the right thing to do."

"I know..."

"Come to think of it, how long was I out?"

"About 4 hours. I am glad you are fine now... or are you not?"

"I am. I feel refreshed as well."

This was such a lie. I felt sluggish but I felt better. Somehow it felt as if I was just studying for an exam and didn't really sleep the majority of the night. I was used to this feeling a lot but right now it was the only memory I could associate with this feeling and it just felt nostalgic because I felt soo free right now. Besides I also didn't want to make Micheal worry about me more than he had too so I decided to lie to him. It was a small white lie and it was just for his own good. Otherwise he would beat himself up because of this and there was nothing really about it. I was just tired and would need more rest that was all. Besides we didn't have the time for this since there was also a banquet in the evening too.

"That's good to hear."

Slowly I got up from the bed and Micheal even helped me to get out of it. It seemed as if he was worried that I would kinda fall down so I let him escort me out of the room and downstairs to where the Viscount was staying. It was necessary for us to say at least thank you to them for letting us rest here.

The butler was the one who led us to the room with the Viscount and his wife. However there was another guest, whom I hadn't expected to meet at all. Not only did I freeze immediately when I saw the guy but I kinda started to feel nervous and even caught red handedly. I could feel my body tense up because of it and I was sure Micheal knew why.

Right there in front of us was no other than my very own brother. He was sitting there talking with the Viscount and his wife about something when we interrupted but this didn't really make any sense if not for him already knowing who I was.

"Ah the Saintess, I hope you are feeling better now."

"Yes, thank you very much."

"I am really glad we could help you out after you healed my incurable disease. Now I can live with my husband for a long long time. "

"..."

I didn't know how to reply to them when all I could focus on right now was the man sitting right next to them. This brother of mine was giving off soo much pressure that it was actually choking me and I knew this was just something my mind came up tio and that it was not reality but I felt awful being right there.

"I think, I haven't had the pleasure to meet you yet. I am Micheal-"

Before our dear high priest and next pope could finish what he was saying, Ryan decided to cut him off and instead focus on me. Yes, there was no denying it. He knew who I was and he knew that I was not coming home intentionally because there was no one who could have stopped me from going back if I wanted to after all. Still this was kinda a very hard to describe situation nonetheless awkward too.

"Long time no see Saintess."

Not only did he just simply ignored Micheal but he also stood up to come over and then kneel in front of me to kiss my hand. This was definitely no normal behavior and I could tell my brother was playing with me a bit. For me however, this was more than just dangerous since I didn't know how to react at all. I was just flabbergasted.

"Pfff- seems like you haven't changed at all."

"I am sorry Viscount, but can we have a word with the heir to the Underwood duchy for a bit?"

"Of course."

"Oh dear, it seems as if they know each other. Are you sure it is alright to do that?"

"Honey, it will be alright with the next pope in the same room with them."

"I see."

It was a small discussion between them but I could tell that the viscountess somewhat read the mood in the room between me and my brother. We were no strangers indeed, however we were acting more than suspicious towards each other which would raise more than a bit of worries normally. However, seeing as the Viscount thought that it would be alright seeing as I was not alone, he might have had a clue about what was going on or they even had talked about it a bit earlier before we came into the room.

No matter how I looked at this situation, for me it seemed as if the Viscount was trying to run away from this awkward situation and left us three alone in the room.

"Now please explain to me how this happened."

"There is nothing to explain."

"There is! Why are you not coming back!"

"I don't think that is something you should ask after going out to war with the crown."

"And you shouldn't butt into the family business of others."

"I shouldn't but I will since she saved me."

"Both of you stop it!"

I felt it. My hair was standing up straight and I knew that they were about to fight each other. In terms of battle, I was sure that my older brother Ryan had the upper hand. However I also knew that Micheal had an immense holy power laying dormant in him. If the next pope could use it, then they would be on equal footing despite their age gap. Still this was not something I wanted since there was absolutely no need for a fight at all.

"Vivi...."

"Brother, I am not doing this for no reason."

"I know... but I want to understand why? We miss you and we were all frantically searching for you. At some point we even thought that you were dead!"

"I am sorry...."

"Please tell me why you are doing this!"

"First you tell me how you knew I was the new Saintess and where I am!"

"We got an invitation for the new Saitness appointment and we knew that you had healing abilities. It was just a hunch since the timing was a bit... well more than a bit suspicious. As for where, I was there at the plaza and saw you collapse."

"You saw that? Did you see something else?"

"No, I thought it would be a bad idea if I would come out to get you since a lot of people still don't trust us Underwoods."

It was just a theoretical question since I wanted to find out if the dragon beneath me which healed up all the people was really just something out of holy powers. I wanted to find out if the duke's offspring had the same holy power I did or if I was once again an irregular. For now it seemed as if I was once again the only one who could do this and the holy power was something exclusive to me and the high priests of this country including the pope.

"Good judgment."

"Thanks your Eminence."

"I must stop you if you are here to get her back."

"I am not... I know there has to be something for you to not come back... but I am here to know the reason."

I looked uneasy towards the ground. No one could see my face thanks to the veil but they were also not blind not able to read my body language. Micheal was not acting any different because he knew exactly what our mission was. It was not a simple talk for sure. How were we even supposed to say that we kinda were about to rescue the world and change a future which was foretold by another Saint. Definitely not an easy story to tell, however there was no going around this.

With a heavy sigh, I finally decided to tell my brother everything I knew. Well in a way that wasn't making me look crazy. That implied that I was leaving out the parts of my soul not being the original body owners. Still I felt as if he was my brother and as if my family was real. No, for me they were real as real as I was standing here and I loved them just the way they were because they were family.

"Our family is going to get killed soon."

"WHAT?!"

"There is an oracle that says that, when all the dragons rise to the air, they will leave nothing but ashes behind."

"What is that supposed to mean? We are certainly not gonna ruin or even burn things down! What bluntly bullshit is that?"

"Brother, it means when we all die, this empire will die with us."

Once I corrected my brother and made the statement Micheal gave about the oracle more clear, I could see my dear brother pale up because he now could fully understand the meaning behind this. From what I knew Orcales were usually things like a prophecy and they were normally also going to come true if things were let to continue as they were. I didn't plan on doing that at all.

"Oh...."

Ryan put a hand around his mouth and looked completely in shock. Who wouldn't if they would get told that they were destined to die soon. I would completely understand him.

"Brother, we plan on changing that."

"How?"

"Removing the Crown and their influence. I will make sure that the people know about this."

"This won't be easy."

"Nothing is."

"If I may interrupt but we are already on a good way to finally change everything."

"You are?"

"Yes but it is time to get ready for the banquet. Vivi, we should leave and get ready. How about telling your brother everything while we get back to the church?"

"Sounds like a good plan."

Just like that, we managed to get to an agreement and finally exited the room to find the Viscount to say our final goodbye till the banquet would begin. After all, all the noles were welcome to join the banquet and talk to me as well as request my help. Of course Micheal and I decided to talk everything through with Ryan as we were getting back to the church. We started by explaining today's plan and moved forward to tell him about our future plans. They might have been a bit rough but the future was after all something which was not set in stone and we were still writing our own destiny after all. It was changing and so was our plan. This didn't change the fact that we had a goal in mind and would do anything to actually get our goal done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 2.3K 24
After I died in the modern world I was born in a magical realm with scheming nobles, magical creatures, and a magic academy straight out of hogwarts...
15M 518K 50
#01 in vampire [10.07.2017] #01 in fantasyfiction [14.03.2021] #2 in Prestige awards #03 in thriller [28.05.2018] #02 in romance [04.10.2018] I...
377K 19.5K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
131K 7.9K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...