One Way: Find the Destiny

By Chimera_Regarion

One second that is all it takes to know something is wrong. It is that one second that the heart stops beatin... More

Prologue
~1~ : Something is not right
~ 2 ~ : I am doomed!
~3~: Something to remember...
~4~: Quite the situation
~5~: Don't be suspicious!
~6~: First impressions matter!
~7~: What a maid...
~8~: This Girl is crazy!!!
~9~: Meet the brothers
~10~: Jealousy over abilities
~11~: Freaking names...
~12~: The story behind the duke family
~13~: Fancy.. Very Fancy...
~14~: A strange child
~15~: My new servant
~16~: Shortcut
~17~: Favorite!
~18~: The start of the festival!
~19~: Build different
~20~: On the hit list
~21~: A sleeping dragon
~22~: Dragons and Wizards...
~23~ Too many questions!
~24~: A quiet life or not?
~25~: Silent War!
~26~: Hidden in the attack!
~27~: Meet the prince!
~28~: Things will change...
~29~: An auspicious oracle
~30~: Escape!
~31~: Rumors
~33~: That one kid... no way...
~34~: New Saint treatment.... INSANE!
~35~: Welcome to the church!
~36~: This was to be expected!
~37~: What to do....No where to hide!
~38~: What happened...
~39~: On the same boat
~40~: Let the distraction begin!
~41~: A true Saintess!
~42~: Area Heal
~43~: Sent by the heavens
~44~: ... What are you doing here?!
~45~: At the banquet
~46~: Help Request
~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!
~48~: The start of the war
~49~: The mages arrival
~50~: The warside...everything is possible!
~51~: Leading the way!
~52~: When the dragon arrives!
~53~: Battle of the giants
~54~: A god?
~55~: Closure for families!
~56~: One last mission!
~57~: Peace Talks
~58~: Talks were never an option....
~59~: For a better future!
~60~: The mind is a strange thing

~32~ Mysterious Doctor - all healer - a true angel...

18 1 0
By Chimera_Regarion

The next day, I actually went out to heal the sister of the guy and continued to heal soo many other people through the day. Some had just some burns but others had a more serious illness and I even saw some which had trouble breathing or having a heart disease. No matter what it was, I managed to heal them all with my own little ability.

It got me really far and each time I was healing people, I was dressed in complete black and had a mask on. To make sure people didn't know anything about me, I was also having some gloves on my hands so people don't think that I was a child at all. If they knew, they would stop coming to me.

Oh well it was not as if I was actually forcing them to come at all.

Today were quite a lot of people!

I am also really really tired!

Best get back as fast as possible!

After I got my everything done as the mysterious doctor, I quickly put the black robe away and started heading towards the inn since I had a room there for a week. Well I planned on staying here for a week to make sure that the people are alright and to get as much information on everything that was going on before I would go for travels again.

That was the plan.

But things never go as planned and I already learned that much.

So as I was walking back to the inn, I saw a child a bit older than me sitting there on the sidewalk. He had really shiny light gold hair with a bit of blue mixed in as well. It reminded me off the morning when the sun would come up and the sky was still a really light blue. Well anyways, his hair color caught my attention and this was the only reason why I looked at the kid.

He seemed really skinny and he was looking at the ground. Not only that but he was wearing something a bit strange. I never saw anyone wearing black and violet at all. It also looked more or less like a cape and not really something a normal person would wear. But I could see some bruises on his hands and also one around his neck. There was this chain as well. It was wrapped tightly around his feet as if to prevent him from running around.

A slave?

WHAT THE HELL!!!

Why would he be here?

What is the purpose of these chains?

Why would anyone chain a kid like him?!

This is insane!

Range overcame me as I totally forgot that this was a completely different world. This was how I stomped over to the kid till I was right in front of him. First I looked down at him but he didn't move at all. So I decided to just watch for a moment if there were any signs of the kid breathing. Who knows he might already be dead or so I thought until I saw something shocking.

I never really noticed it when I got to him until I started searching him up with my eyes from top to bottom. That was when I noticed that the kid was injured and bleeding. He was also really pale and breathing heavily if not even panting only that he didn't make any noises which was surprising to me.

"Are you okay?"

Of course I didn't get any answer from the kid. Why should he answer a stranger and I was definitely a stranger for the kid. Yet I couldn't just look away and let the kid be at all. Something about seeing an injured kid made my heart drop. I was a kid too yes but my soul was not and this was why I had a lot more sympathy about a kid like him.

"Hey?!"

Nothing again and this time I was even crouching in front of him. Since he didn't react at all, I decided to actually take one of his hands into mine and that was when he shrieked away from me. He seemed really scared and his eyes were really wide but they had this deep blue color which reminded me of the starry night sky. What a beautiful combination of the eye colors and the hair color he had.

"Wow, calm down! I am not here to hurt you."

"Angel...."

"I am not an angel."

"Angel...."

"I said, I am not!"

"But your hair color is soo white and golden. You must be an angel."

"Nope. Can you show me your wound? You are bleeding!"

"..."

The kid didn't reply at all but he showed me a wound on his arm. I instantly knew that this was not the wound I should look at since the blood on the floor was a sign that he was seriously hurt. Yet he had a couple of scratches on his hand only.

"Alright."

I still took the hand since I needed a bit of physical contact in order to heal people a lot better and faster. That meant that I took his hands without hesitation and used my ability on him. In an instant all his wounds started healing and I could see his eyes widen when I was done.

"Alright. This should do.... How are you feeling?"

"You really are an angel."

"Nope."

"But you healed me."

"I am just like everyone else."

Except that I am a dragon...

Now the kid looked a lot more confused but since I was done with healing him and didn't really intend to do much after this, I stood up and took a bit of money to give it to him. Instead of me doing what I wanted to do, he stood up before I could and then reached a helping hand out to get me up to my feet. Of course I accepted and smiled at him.

"Thank you Angel."

"I told you, I am not an angel!"

"Maybe but I also don't know your name."

"And you gonna call me angel because of that?"

"Yes."

"Fine... fine... Do what you want."

At least he looks a lot better now!

I guess I don't need to be worried anymore.

He really looked as if he was dying.

I wonder if this was an attempt to murder him or not...

Wait a minute!

The chains!

It was only now that I realized that he still had the chains around him. As a dragon, I should be able to break it. The keyword is should. The problem is that I can't. I tried some things while I was traveling and strength was not really my thing. I was quick on my feet for sure and agile as well. I could dodge a lot of things easily but there was one major problem. I couldn't snap some stuff or bend metal like my brothers could at all.

I wish I could do something about these chains...

"Don't worry about them. You already did a lot for me angel."

"Ah no, it's nothing."

"You saved my life."

"I saved a couple of lives. That's what I do."

"Do you leave here?"

"No, why are you asking?"

"Because I want to pay you back for this."

"You don't have too. I didn't save you to repay me after all."

"That might be the case but still... I don't feel good letting you leave like this."

"I should be the one saying that. Look at you! You look horrible!"

"... I ran into circumstances...."

He talked a bit more maturely and from what I could tell he was about 11 years old, maybe even 14. Anyways he was a kid to me since my soul was over 20 and I liked childrens a lot. No matter what the kid did in front of me, I couldn't really stay serious for a long time. This one was a dramatic one as well. Before I could leave once again, he bowed deeply and asked where I was staying once again.

"Please, can you not tell me Miss Angel?"

"At the local inn. Happy now?"

"Yes! Definitely! I will come back tomorrow and pay you back for saving me."

"Seriously! There is no need for that

"I insist."

Honestly, I was too tired to argue any further with the kid so I let it go and started heading back to the inn. As soon as I got in there, I had soo many people bombarding me once again. They seemed to know that I was the healer's assistant and wanted me to give them some advantage. Of course I declined everything they wanted and offered. I didn't have the need for that. Besides, I was too tired to talk and deal with people. In fact, I was happy enough to escape them all.

It didn't take me long to get back to my room and then just chilled on the floor since it was quite comfortable and cool. Today was such a hot day and I would have exchanged anything for a good shower. That however was just my dream thinking as the days started to get hotter and hotter.

I wonder who the kid was...

He seemed really hurt earlier... I just hope whoever did that to him, won't be after him again. That would be quite the problem for sure!

But why do I keep thinking as if I knew him....

Well he does seem familiar to me...

Did I see him before?

Ah as if I know about that!

I can't even remember names!

"Today was really something else!"

Too many people and too little time to rest!

Did I even eat something today?

I can't remember but I am also not hungry....

Now what should I do now though?

I was still laying on the ground looking up at the ceiling thinking that things were getting strange. People in this town were all nice and no one really gave me any troubles yet. However while I was healing them, I noticed that there were a couple of people who had the same disease. It didn't seem to be infectious but more like poison to me. The only question was: Why would anyone drug these people?

Was it then also a coincidence that I found the kid?

Did the kid escape from something?

And why do soo many people have a bloody cough and some headache?

I need to get to the bottom of this!

I don't want anyone to suffer and this village isn't even mentioned in the book while it is on the main route to the capital....

A bad sign...

Maybe it is abandoned or... someone got rid of the people here...

UFFFFFFF! I don't wanna think about it.

Before I really knew it, I did fall asleep right there on the spot on the ground since I was too tired to move at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 946 54
Life is good. I take part time jobs to help out with money. It bring smiles at dinner with my Mom and sister. Mom got sick, so I focus more on wor...
339K 18.4K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
519K 31.4K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
168 34 33
[Nine Lives of Deity] an unpublished novel, rejected by many publishing companies I've been, I give up and also labeled it as the worst novel I wrote...