Adopted.. By Who? [One Direct...

By TearingMeApart

Picture this; A mom, dad, daughter and a son. The perfect family. The live in a small blue house on the corne... More

Chapter 1: Alone.
Chapter 2: Meeting
Chapter 3: Shopping.
Chapter 4: Interviewer Lady Person Thingy Cat Dog Fish Gerbil Hamster..
Chapter 5: Twitter addiction? Yes.
Chapter 6: I could be sleeping. But no.
Chapter 7: Don't. Wake. Me. Up.
Chapter 8: Sleepover. Kinda?
Chapter 9: Fake friends.
Chapter 10: It's the Ghost of Abraham Lincoln I swear.
Chapter 11: Teach Me Your Ways.
Chapter 12: Mary Had A Little Lamb
Chapter 13: I feel so alone.
Chapter 14: He's Broken.
Chapter 16: I just want my Sophie back.
Chapter 17: Just You And Me.
Chapter 18: Gone.
Chapter 19: Happy Birthday
Chapter 20: Shh.
Chapter 21: Mute.
Chapter 22: This Is Not Sophie Tomlinson.
Chapter 23: Smiling again.
Chapter 24: Normal.
Chapter 25: Interesting.
Chapter 26: What.
Chapter 27: Not Sorry.
Chapter 28: We're not even related.

Chapter 15: That was my heart breaking.

34.1K 807 140
By TearingMeApart

Sophie’s POV

---

I hate them.

I sit in the corner of my “room” staring at the wall.

Apparently, when I left the Orphanage had burned down so now we’re at this location that is suppose to substitute. But it’s much worst, instead of the comfy beds we have mattresses with springs that stick out, sheets that look as if someone peed all over them and no more uniforms anymore, we have t-shirts and basketball shorts. We look homeless.

I could have brought some clothes and electronics from their house but I didn’t take anything from them. I threw away my clothes I was wearing on Monday. I can’t believe I trusted them. They’re famous; they don’t have time for kids like me. Poor kids. They only care for the rich and famous.

I make lists in my head of reasons why the gave me away. Here’s what I got so far, 1. I’m not pretty. 2. I was to fat. 3. To needy. 4. Way to dramatic. 5. They don’t love me. I have number 2 under control, if I don’t eat how can I become fat?

“Sophie. Dinner’s ready.” Lennox calls.

I look up at her. Lennox is the oldest girl here at the Orphanage; she’s 15, I don’t know when she got here or why she’s here. She has blonde wavy hair that falls down her back and ends at her bum, she’s got blue eyes to die for and she’s an amazing singer but she’ll never let anyone hear her.

“I’m not hungry.” I say.

The same lame excuse I’ve been using.

“Don’t lie to me Sophie.” Lennox says placing some sort of meat in front of me.

“I’m serious, I had a big lunch!” I lie.

“Did not, you had a piece of toast.” She says.

“Just go please.” I beg.

“Alright, but when I come back I want that meat eaten.” She tells me getting up from her spot.

She walks out of my room and I grab the meat and shove it under the mattress. I walk over to the mirror in the corner and look at it. I’m use to seeing Sophie Tomlinson, the girl with the straight brown hair and smiles a lot. But this girl I see is different. She has the same brown hair but in her face it’s so different, she’s broken. There is no longer that smile or laughter in her voice as she speaks. I still look in the mirror and I see my past. I don’t want to see her anymore.

I walk downstairs and towards the wash room. All of the kids are sitting in the dining room, which is a place where we sit in a circle with plates in our laps. I open the wash room door and grab the bleach off the floor. I run towards the outside patio and pour the bleach into a bucket. I take a small piece of my hair and dip it into the bleach. I hold it there for 60 seconds. I take the piece out and it’s a sort of white blonde color. I take a bigger chunk of hair and dip it in the bleach and hold it there for about 5 minutes and I take it out and it’s the same white-blonde results. I take the rest of my hair and do the same until I get the white-blonde again. I pour the remaining bleach back into the container. I pick up the container and carry it back to the washroom setting it back on the floor where I found it.

I run back upstairs to my “Room” before anyone could see me and lecture me for what I had done. I looked in the mirror and I half-grinned instead of the girl who was happy all the time I saw a different girl, one who could be different, I could start over. I tied up my white blonde hair in a pony-tail and sat down on my mattress. I read the time, 9:06, everyone is probably going to bed now. I look over at the empty mattress next to mine, it would usually belong to someone because everyone shares with someone but, no one shares with me. I’m alone and that’s how I like it. I was independent before they came and I’m much better that way.

Hm. What to do. Everyone is probably going to sleep so that means I can do whatever I wanted. I grab my sneakers that I kept in the corner. I tie my laces and tip-toe out of my door. It’s hard to sneak out because the floor’s creak on every step. It’s hard but not impossible. Creak after creak I make my way to the front of the Orphanage where finally I can sneak out. I open the door and run out. FREEDOM. I walk down the street down to Main Street. Nothing will probably be open because it’s night but whatever. I walk towards the Wall-Mart at the end of the street. I walk in the store and look around. I make my way towards the electronics. I always think that’s the coolest stuff, I walk by the camera display. I’ve always wanted to be a photographer. I look at the small palm sized camera that surprisingly takes really good quality pictures. I want this camera. Too bad I don’t have any money for it. Just kidding. I’ll take it. I check both left and right and notice no one is looking at me. I take the camera off the display and shove it in my pocket, sure the security camera’s can see me but, what do I have to lose? My life already sucks. I start walking towards the exit like nothings wrong but when I reach it I take off running. In the background I hear the beeping of the alarms and someone yelling “STOP THAT GIRL!” But eh.

I reach the orphanage before anyone can catch me and I run upstairs and straight into someone. SMACK.

“Ouch.” I say rubbing my head.

“Soph- WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOUR HAIR!” Lennox says.

“I dyed it.” I reply.

“Obviously, where were you and why were you running?” Lennox asks me.

“I was out and I got this camera!” I say grabbing the camera out of my pocket.

Lennox grabs my elbow and leads me into my room.

“Did you steal that?” She asks.

“Yeah.” I reply.

“They’ll come find you Sophie!” She exclaims.

“So? What are they going to do? Take me from my family? Oh right what family.” I say.

Lennox stays quiet for a moment.

“I’ve got nothing to worry about honestly, just go back to you’re room and I’ll be fine.” I say un-tying my shoes.

“Good night Soph.” Lennox says walking out of my room.

I lie down on my mattress and look up at my ceiling. A week ago my life was perfect. How could it change drastically? LAYKIN. I forgot about her! What is she going to think when I don’t go to school anymore and don’t text her back or call her or facetime her or tweet her! I miss her, I miss her laugh, I miss her jokes and her sense of humor and I miss seeing my best friend.

***

“Sophie chores.” Someone’s voice says.

I sit up on my mattress to see some staff lady shaking me awake.

“Oh okay.” I say rubbing my eyes.

The staff person leaves and I walk over to my mirror and brush though my hair. It doesn’t really help, these knots are never coming out of my hair. My appearance is the least of my worries lately. I trot down the stairs and walk to the “living room” which was a room with a couch and a coffee table. We’re suppose to have adoption interviews in there. I grab the broom from the closet and clean the floors. I sweep and sweep. I start to hum some songs. Mostly Ed Sheeran. I’m obsessed with him. After the living room is finished, I’m suppose to help with the flowers in the front of the building. Since it’s hot out I grabbed a baseball cap to put my hair in and to keep the sun off my forehead. I walk out with my shovel and start digging with some of the younger kids.

Someone taps my shoulder and I turn around.

“Yes?” I ask the person.

“I was wondering if you had seen a blonde girl maybe a bit older than you running around her, she’s a shop lifter.” The man tells me.

Shoot that’s me.

“Um, nope. Haven’t seen anyone like her but I’ll tell you if I do.” I say.

“Thank you ma’am.” He says walking to another direction.

Close one.

“What did the man want?” One of the boys a little younger than me asks.

“I don’t know. He didn’t speak English.” I say.

“Oh okay.” He says as he goes back to digging.

After an hour of digging, I and most of the other kids are drenched in sweat. The kids doing the garden with me are Two boys Ben and Jack who I think are seven or eight and a girl Anna who’s five. I grab the hose which I am suppose to be using to water the flowers and I spray the boys.

“HEY!” Ben yells laughing.

I start to laugh and spray them again. Anna runs up to me and grabs the hose from my hands and sprays me.

“That’s not cool!” I yell pick up Anna by her waist and I spin her around.

She starts giggling when Jack grabs the hose and sprays Anna. Ben and Jack begin to fight over the hose which makes the water spray everywhere.

“Excuse me?!” Mrs. Kurters says walking outside.

“Uhm. We had a hose malfunction.” I say with a straight face.

“Oh did you?” She asks coming towards me.

“Yes ma’am.” I say saluting her.

“Do you know how much water cost? How high are water bill is going to be?” She says.

“No but I bet you do.” I say.

“You four dry off and my office now.” She says walking back inside.

“You four dry off and my office now.” I say mimicking Mrs. Kurters.

Jack and Anna burst out laughing while Ben tries to hold in his giggles. I pick up Anna and motion for the boys to come over to the washroom. I grab a towel and dry off Anna as well as I can. After I’m done with her I pass the towel to Ben. He dries himself off then passes the towel to Jack. After I get the towel it’s about as wet as I am, not much use. I grab Anna’s hand and we walk into Mrs. Kurters “office”. It’s just a stand up table, with three lawn chairs, one for her and two in front of the table. I sit on one chair and put Anna on my lap and Jack and Ben share the chair next to mine.

“You guys know why you’re in here right?” Mrs. Kurters asks.

“Did we win the lottery?” I ask sarcastically.

“Close. You’re grounded.” She says.

“From what? Chores? Boo hoo.” I say.

“Sophia. I’m up to here with your attitude.” She says.

“Sorry not sorry.” I say.

Anna giggles and I poke her side motioning for her to stop giggling.

“You can do the dishes after dinner.” She tells us.

“Can we leave now? We’re promised free time after chores.” I say picking Anna up and standing up.

“You may.” She says.

Ben and Jack run out of the room and to the backyard.

“So Anna what do you do during free time?” I ask.

“Wait for mommy to come back.” She says innocently.

Crack.

Did you hear that?

That was my heart breaking.

“When did your mommy leave you here?” I ask.

“When I was three.” She replies. “She said she’d be back.”

“Oh.” I say. I bring Anna to my room and I set her on my mattress.

“Have you ever played with a camera before?” I ask.

“No.” She says.

I grab the camera from my shoe where I hid it last night.

“Say cheese!” I say.

“Cheese?” She says sounding more like a question.

I showed her the picture I took of her.

“That’s me!” She exclaims.

“Yeah it is!” I say laughing.

***

I’m so tired.

Mrs. Kurters needed someone to vacuum all of the carpet in the house and mow the lawn. So she’s like Sophie! I’m so tired. I fall to my mattress. I kick off my shoes I hear them hit the other wall. It’s only 8:30, but I’m going to sleep.

 -----

Well hello. 

I'm dog.

I'm tired. I hiked 6 miles. 

It wasn't fun.

I dyed my hair again. 

I like doing that don't ask me whyy. (: 

Anywhore, if you want to make a trailer for me I'll love you for like ever. Seriously tho, if you can make me a trailer inbox me ! i love you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 183 201
Crossover with One Chicago, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-O and 9-1-1. Kelly Severide gets adopted by Christopher Herrmann at the age five after he watch...
14.5K 243 13
Sophie and her friends have finally defeated the Neverseen and can be normal teenagers. Little do they know it might just be harder than fighting the...
302K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
817K 37.8K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...