One Way: Find the Destiny

By Chimera_Regarion

One second that is all it takes to know something is wrong. It is that one second that the heart stops beatin... More

Prologue
~1~ : Something is not right
~ 2 ~ : I am doomed!
~3~: Something to remember...
~4~: Quite the situation
~5~: Don't be suspicious!
~6~: First impressions matter!
~7~: What a maid...
~8~: This Girl is crazy!!!
~9~: Meet the brothers
~10~: Jealousy over abilities
~11~: Freaking names...
~12~: The story behind the duke family
~13~: Fancy.. Very Fancy...
~14~: A strange child
~15~: My new servant
~16~: Shortcut
~17~: Favorite!
~18~: The start of the festival!
~19~: Build different
~21~: A sleeping dragon
~22~: Dragons and Wizards...
~23~ Too many questions!
~24~: A quiet life or not?
~25~: Silent War!
~26~: Hidden in the attack!
~27~: Meet the prince!
~28~: Things will change...
~29~: An auspicious oracle
~30~: Escape!
~31~: Rumors
~32~ Mysterious Doctor - all healer - a true angel...
~33~: That one kid... no way...
~34~: New Saint treatment.... INSANE!
~35~: Welcome to the church!
~36~: This was to be expected!
~37~: What to do....No where to hide!
~38~: What happened...
~39~: On the same boat
~40~: Let the distraction begin!
~41~: A true Saintess!
~42~: Area Heal
~43~: Sent by the heavens
~44~: ... What are you doing here?!
~45~: At the banquet
~46~: Help Request
~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!
~48~: The start of the war
~49~: The mages arrival
~50~: The warside...everything is possible!
~51~: Leading the way!
~52~: When the dragon arrives!
~53~: Battle of the giants
~54~: A god?
~55~: Closure for families!
~56~: One last mission!
~57~: Peace Talks
~58~: Talks were never an option....
~59~: For a better future!
~60~: The mind is a strange thing

~20~: On the hit list

27 3 0
By Chimera_Regarion

That night, I couldn't really say what it was but I woke up due to a noise. It was not as loud but I felt like someone was watching me. This feeling of shivers down my spine and a big lump in my stomach was just there. It felt as if something was about to happen and I was just waiting for it. My best bet was that it was my instincts which kicked in but I had no idea what it really was. All in all, I just woke up in a completely empty room completely drenched in sweat.

What the heck....

Did I have a nightmare?

It feels real!

My heart is still beating!

I was laying in my bed not moving at all and just looking down at the blanket as I sat up. First of all, it did feel like a nightmare just something a bit too real but then I started hearing another sound which came from my window. At this point, I was a bit panicked. Of course it was something coming from my imagination and wasn't real but this feeling that I had right now was not making the situation any better.

What was that?

Maybe a bird?

An animal?

No no! Stop thinking!

Let's just go back to sleep.

...

Yeah no!

As if I could sleep like this!

My breathing was not even and it felt as if I was part of a horror movie right now. There was nothing that was reassuring me or making me feel any better at all. The only hope I had left after laying on the bed for a bit was to either call out or get Emi or anyone who was outside. There were always people patrolling the hallways anyways.

Should I call out?

But what if Emi is there and I just wake someone up?

I don't want to wake people up... not after what I did earlier.

My grandpa might have been lenient with me once but who said he was gonna be again... yeah let's not make a stupid mistake.

Ah no. That was enough for the day.

I don't wanna see my grandfather again.

When I thought about getting in trouble for waking people up, I decided to just go to the door and ask for someone. Maybe even go find my own father and wake him up if worse gets worse. However when I opened the door, there was already someone standing there. They were dressed like servants but I couldn't remember seeing them ever before around this part.

That was not important right now at all. I wanted to get this feeling away and it was getting worse and worse. Maybe it was warning me but I was not paying attention to it as I couldn't understand this feeling. It was illogical to me to feel this way since the duchy was one of the most secure buildings there are in this entire world. Who would dare to actually break into a duchy which had people with best blood in them and abilities? That was definitely not something a normal person would do at all.

"Ah, ahm sorry to ask you but can you look if there is something outside my windows?"

"Of course."

I let this person into my room and led him to the window. Oh how foolish I was. I should have known that something was wrong but why would I? There was no need for anyone to have something against me besides Rosetta. There was no need for anyone to get rid of me at this point yet. I haven't done anything besides being with my brothers and helping them get stronger. So why was I foolish?

Simple!

Really, really simple!

The moment we got to the window and I was facing the man with my back, something was put over my mouth and nose. It smelled and I didn't know what this smell was but I could feel my head which was getting fuzzy. This was never a good sign at all.

Of course I fought back and of course I tried to claw this man. It got worse and worse till I couldn't take it anymore. Somehow I managed to bite the man's finger through the cloth and I felt hot. It was getting hotter and hotter and my mind was still fuzzy but I felt soo hot.

I didn't really know what was going on but I heard a scream and it was coming from this man who was trying to, I think, kidnap me. Anyways as I backed away from him or more like the other way around, I realized that I was on the ground. I was actually really really feeling sick right now but I also was on the ground on all four.

Wait!

FOUR?!

I was not seeing anything wrong at all. I was actually really on four legs but they had scales and I had claws.

"ROAR"

When I tried to say something only a roar came out and it was loud and probably, most likely woke up everyone in the mansion. That was my least problem right now. I couldn't care less to get in trouble after I saw this man taking out a sword and charging at me. I was definitely gonna die if I didn't move or do anything at all!

Oh shit!

He is about to kill me!

What am I about to do?

What can I do?

What happened?!

Don't tell me, I am a dog size dragon?!!!!

As the man came closer to get me, I also started to back away but it was not that easy. He definitely had a sword aura and was trying to hit me with it. I was just scared and didn't know what to do. Still the moment I saw an opening, I went for it and bit the man's arms so he would drop the sword down.

It was starting to get loud outside the room too.

"VIVI"

"Someone opened the locked door!"

"I don't care! I will kick this down!"

It was just one moment of me being careless and this guy immediately managed to hit me. It hurt and I wanted to scream out but I couldn't! I didn't dare to do that at all. I was just scared and this man was not letting me be at all! Was I his target? Who did I anger to deserve this?! Did this make any kind of sense at all actually?! This was insane! Why would anyone even go after a kid and then try to kill them this obviously. Of course the result would be with people going crazy. The best scenario was a couple of servants losing their heads and the worst was my father actually going haywire and giving into his bloodlust massacring everyone and everything in his path till he would get taken off. Well to be honest both scenarios were not looking good at all.

No no no no!

They can't see me like this!

Not like this!

They will try to kill me thinking I am the best!

I have to get away from here!

NOW!

There was always more than one way to a room. One was the door which was definitely not an option right now and the other one was the window. It may not be open but it was definitely the best bet I had.

Without any kind of hesitation, I immediately leaped away from this person and started to run towards the window. It was just a second that I jumped through it to the balcony and jumped up. It was as if my body knew what to do already. I wanted to get away but this was all so new and unfamiliar. I never thought I could shift into a dragon. Besides that my scales were of a white color. I didn't think that this was possible. Nothing like this was mentioned in the book at all. I could really say "screw this shit" but there was nothing to screw with. Everything here was reality not something written down on paper or put in words. I had to eventually figure stuff out on my own after all.

"VIVI"

"VIVIANA"

"PRINCESS"

I heard some distant screams but that was about it. The last thing I saw was the man jump right after me as I took off. He went to run and I went to fly away to safety. Where was I going though? I had no idea. I would trust my feelings and just go to the next place I could and hope to hide till I would actually get back to my senses.

How did this happen?!

This is soo cool!

I mean this is so not good!

What am I supposed to do now?

Where am I to go?

Does it matter?

I need to find somewhere safe for now!

My wings were taking me to somewhere I didn't quite now. I also didn't know for how long I flew away into this one direction. However what I did know was that I was starting to get really exhausted and needed a rest. I was somewhat glad that there was no civilization around besides this one tower. This meant that I could actually just land and take a rest without worrying.

Who would have known that that feeling were my instincts earlier....

How was I supposed to know that?

Well now I know but I seriously want a book about everything I need to know about this body.

A manual would be kinda nice.

A freaking dragon....

Slowly I started to circle around this forest to find an opening where I could fly down and land. I was not a huge dragon but a small one and anyone would actually confuse me with a wild beast for sure. At least I would probably for sure do that. Who would actually believe that there was a dragon the size of a Great Dane?! Besides the main issue here was that dragons were not supposed to exist at all and here I was!

Sure, demons were existing and wild beasts and demonic beasts and so on as well. They were all mindless creatures and only out for humans as their food stock. There was not much in the book but I overheard Alex talk about them for a brief moment. All he said was that they were actually cruel since they would eat the head or heart and organs but leave the body of a person behind. The thing about that was that they would make the body unrecognizable because of how cruelly the person was killed. That was all I knew about that and I didn't need a run into one for sure.

Alright this looks like a good spot to rest!

The tree is wide enough to be here as well.

Mh!

Let's stay here and on high alert as well.

Since I was really tired and there was not really any way I would actually go further today, I decided to just rest here. There was no way that the one who targeted my life would manage to keep up with me. I did fly quite fast but it also felt really nice. Damn like seriously it felt amazing flying around and if it wouldn't be night with a thunderstorm going on, it would have been a lot nicer.

I wonder who sent that person...

Can't be Rosetta, can it?

No.... she wouldn't be the type of person to do that... then who else?

Did I anger anyone?

A lot of people hate me but besides that obvious jealousy part there shouldn't be anyone besides Rosetta...

Ah who cares as löogn as I get away from it.

Now...

WAIT!

SHIT!

It only came to me now that I have landed and made myself comfortable on the ground right next to the big tree. I totally didn't know from which direction I came from at all. I didn't know if I would be able to get back to the duchy. A forest was after all looking the same everywhere you would look and I was circling the forest for a bit making sure it was safe not thinking of memories or thinking where I came from at all... oh well another problem for tomorrow for sure!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 28.1K 68
I had reincarnated into Remis Xenith, the younger brother of the heroine, who died at the beginning of every route. In order to not interfere with t...
16.7K 941 29
A/N: Had a bout of inspiration; may edit and then republish some time later after finishing writing another story, since I'm more focused on my other...
2.2K 157 8
After I suddenly died I possessed the body of what I thought was an extra within a novel. From then on my life was mostly calm, though not fulfill...
15M 517K 50
#01 in vampire [10.07.2017] #01 in fantasyfiction [14.03.2021] #2 in Prestige awards #03 in thriller [28.05.2018] #02 in romance [04.10.2018] I...