One Way: Find the Destiny

By Chimera_Regarion

One second that is all it takes to know something is wrong. It is that one second that the heart stops beatin... More

Prologue
~1~ : Something is not right
~ 2 ~ : I am doomed!
~3~: Something to remember...
~4~: Quite the situation
~5~: Don't be suspicious!
~6~: First impressions matter!
~7~: What a maid...
~8~: This Girl is crazy!!!
~9~: Meet the brothers
~10~: Jealousy over abilities
~11~: Freaking names...
~12~: The story behind the duke family
~13~: Fancy.. Very Fancy...
~14~: A strange child
~15~: My new servant
~16~: Shortcut
~17~: Favorite!
~18~: The start of the festival!
~20~: On the hit list
~21~: A sleeping dragon
~22~: Dragons and Wizards...
~23~ Too many questions!
~24~: A quiet life or not?
~25~: Silent War!
~26~: Hidden in the attack!
~27~: Meet the prince!
~28~: Things will change...
~29~: An auspicious oracle
~30~: Escape!
~31~: Rumors
~32~ Mysterious Doctor - all healer - a true angel...
~33~: That one kid... no way...
~34~: New Saint treatment.... INSANE!
~35~: Welcome to the church!
~36~: This was to be expected!
~37~: What to do....No where to hide!
~38~: What happened...
~39~: On the same boat
~40~: Let the distraction begin!
~41~: A true Saintess!
~42~: Area Heal
~43~: Sent by the heavens
~44~: ... What are you doing here?!
~45~: At the banquet
~46~: Help Request
~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!
~48~: The start of the war
~49~: The mages arrival
~50~: The warside...everything is possible!
~51~: Leading the way!
~52~: When the dragon arrives!
~53~: Battle of the giants
~54~: A god?
~55~: Closure for families!
~56~: One last mission!
~57~: Peace Talks
~58~: Talks were never an option....
~59~: For a better future!
~60~: The mind is a strange thing

~19~: Build different

24 3 0
By Chimera_Regarion

Alright so I was more than just fuming and no matter how much I thought about this, it was just plain idiotism to throw a damn glass on someone and do something like that. What was she? A 5 year old kid or maybe even a dumb little bitch throwing a tantrum when she was walking here and there? This was too much even for her.

While I was angry and looked up at her for the very first time, I found her on the ground choking. Not only that but I could see that everyone was holding their breath. It took me a bit to realize that I had just released the bloodlust of a dragon. How did I know that? Well most of the people fainted and Rosetta as well as my brother and her brother were shaking. She on the other hand was on the ground looking at me.

" I'm sorry! I AM SORRY!"

She screamed in vain as I didn't care and even started walking towards where she was standing dropping all the juice in my cup on her hand. However that was not all, I didn't intend it but I kinda broke the glass with my hand and it shattered above her head as well. My wounds on the other hand immediately healed up.

"You are sorry?"

I felt every fiber in my body vibrate the anger I felt. Enough was enough and she wouldn't let me go for sure if I wouldn't do anything right here and right now. She had to pay up the price for being this insolent after all.

"I-I-I-"

Stuttering wasn't helping her at all. There were a ton of people on the ground and for the skilled knights who haven't fainted yet, they didn't dare to approach me. My brother and Valentine, her brother, were also standing there as if they were glued on the spot. No one dared to move or breathe or do anything to anger me more or irritate me.

The thing they were all afraid of was me getting out of hand and giving into my instincts. I was a child so this was quite possible. However I was just a child but not one in my mind. I could deal with my instincts. I knew I was angry and I knew everyone felt it but I was not one to give in so easily.

"Get lost. This is your final warning."

With that, I walked past her to the next balcony to get some fresh air. I honestly needed it right now. No one stopped me and I was glad about that. Each one of my steps echoed and everyone's attention was on me not anyone else.

I want to get back to my room...

This is such a bad start!

What if the duke saw me?

This is bad, he will hear about it.

My head was spinning the more I was thinking about what I did and while I was making my way to the balcony, laughter filled the room. It was a voice, I heard once but I couldn't put my mind onto who it was. Though turning around was definitely not an option now. Not after what I did.

"Stop right there child."

Once the laughter stopped, I knew that this would happen. I was told to stop and I did stop looking back to see the duke, my father and Ryan right there where the chair was put. They looked uneasy and worried but at the same time shocked. Then there was the duke who looked as if he just watched the best play out of the year. It felt weird and definitely not normal seeing his bright smile in combination with that sharp gaze he gave me.

"Viviana, that is the name your father gave you right?

"Yes."

"Do you know who I am?"

"My grandfather."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

Was this too bold?

Should I have said, the duke?

Oh well what is done is done now!

"Come over here."

I did as he said and walked closer and closer till I was about 2 to 3 meters away from him and my father. It was clear that the man was looking at me from top to bottom and was trying to figure me out. There just wasn't much to figure out at all. I was a poor girl, had nothing, didn't know anything but I did have my principles and one of them is not to hurt me or my people or I would pay back more than ten times the amount I receive. Well it was just that I liked my family and my people. I needed their help and I knew that the book's content was cruel to a point where this was just necessary. Ignoring something would make me the weak link in the family. I couldn't have that at all if I wanted to surve now.

"How do you feel?"

"Pardon?"

"Look around you and tell me what you did kid?"

"I released bloodlust."

"That is correct. Did you do it intentionally?"

"No... I just felt angry."

"That is a very honest answer. Now then do you know what you did wrong?"

"I should have dealt with her where no one could see us?"

"Is that a question or an answer?"

"An answer. I should have done more than this."

"Oh more? What do you have in mind then?"

"She made fun of me and said, I was a beggar but I am my fathers daughter now. An insult to me is an insult to my father and an insult to my grandfather as well."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH brilliant answer."

Now I was really confused. Was I in trouble or not? What was going on here? There were soo many questions in my head but the most important one was to stay alive no matter what.

"Now then tell me what do you want?"

"What do I want?"

"Yes, what is your ambition, your goal in life?"

"I...."

What is that I want to create....

What is that I want to be...

I want to live but other than that...

"I want to be a person my family can rely on!"

"Choosing to help your family, is that it?

"Yes! I just want to be with the people I know and treasure. Isn't that the best thing one can have?"

"It indeed is."

It was only now that I could see his gaze loosen up and morph into a gentle one. I think I passed the small little test he put on me. The reason why I answered this way was because I knew the story about the dragon and the witch that brother Ryan told me earlier. The dragon chose to stay with the people he treasure and protect them. I could relate to that in a personal way since back in my life before I came into this body, I only had one person which I treasured. Time was limited and since I was younger, I would live longer seeing them perish one day. The thought alone was making me sad but it was also because of that, that I wanted to do everything I could for them.

"Viviana, tell me what would you do if you became one of my people?"

"Build up the duchy and its people to get stronger."

"Stronger?"

"MH!"

"Why would we need to become stronger?"

"Everyone looks at us with malice! We have to be able to protect ourselves no matter what! Even if it means cutting off our own tail."

"Our own tail.. Are you implying we have a spy among us?"

"Can we say we don't for sure?"

"...."

It seemed as if I made the duke think very hard about my answer. I in fact gave the duke and my father a hint of the future. I knew that the duchy was going to become very chaotic the moment the duchy was getting infiltrated thanks to Rosetta. Then again, the king somehow always had the latest information about the duchy which made me think that there was more than just the people mentioned in the story who were involved as spies.

"I will need to look at this. Oliver, I will trust this matter to you."

"Yes, father. I will take care of this."

"Also make sure to reward your father. She is quite clever."

Does that mean I can stay and I am safe?

"I will make sure about this."

"On second thought... Let her into the treasury. Anything she likes, she shall have but only one thing."

"Thank you father."

"Make sure to treat her well."

That was all he said before leaving the room. I felt as if I was about to drop to the ground. Scratch that, my legs gave in and I fell on the ground.

'"Vivi!"

"I am fine, Ryan."

"Are you sure?"

"Mh! I was just soo nervous."

"You did well my daughter."

"Thanks father."

When I dropped down, Ryan and my father immediately ran towards me to help me up but before that Ryan crouched in front of me to make sure that I was alright before anything. I was sure he was about to pick me up if I said something on the line of no.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Hm?"

"I mean, are you still angry at Rosetta?"

"Don't worry, she will get her punishment from my brother."

It was always something else to hear my father say that. Punishment was not something lightly but she was a female offspring and that meant that the punishment level was different from male ones. We daughters were just treated differently but I didn't want that. She needed to learn how to act and think before she did something stupid like that.

"Punishment?"

"Yes. She insulted you and as you heard you are now officially staying in the family."

"I am soo happy about that!"

"Ryan escort her back to the room so she can rest."

"No need to tell me that twice father."

"Rest well Vivana."

We both started to walk back to my room and I was really feeling exhausted. This was even more nerve wracking than writing an exam. At least I could prepare for an exam. This time around, there was no preparation I could do. I had to improvise and make sure not to mess up on the spot. Though I was sure I messed up already when I decided to make that fuss even bigger.

That evening, Ryan escorted me and let my servants know about what happened so they could keep me company as well as treat me well. However I decided to be all alone since I just wanted to sleep early. I was done with this day soo badly that I really just needed sleep. Of course I got out of the dress, the jewelry and made myself ready before I went to the bedside to just rest.

A lot happened in a day...

This feels definitely more than just dangerous... I thought my heart was gonna drop right there,....

I am just glad everything turned out great...

Now I can stay here without any kind of worries...

I started yawning but there was no need to hold back and stay up any longer so I gave in and fell asleep right on the spot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 140 8
After I suddenly died I possessed the body of what I thought was an extra within a novel. From then on my life was mostly calm, though not fulfill...
54K 4.1K 47
Finding out that your parents, the people that raised you your whole life, weren't your actual parents was hard. Being told at the ripe ol' age of e...
59.8K 2.3K 30
Ezra has no motivation for anything. Whether it's about his studies, health, parents, friends, siblings, pets, or... himself. Forced by his family, h...
203K 11.8K 53
: ̗̀➛ Passing out while studying for your exams was one thing- ╰┈➤ But where did this blue menu screen come from?! ▷ [ Welcome to Genshin Impact! We...