The Shifter and The Weasley

By katiieLeiigh

Katherine Willow has always been alone. She is starting her fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and W... More

Cast.
Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Book Two
Chapter One - GoF
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 1 - OOTP
Chapter 2 - OOTP
Chapter 3 - OOTP
Chapter 4 - OOTP
Chapter 5 - OOTP
Chapter 6 - OOTP
Chapter 7 - OOTP
Chapter 8 - OOTP
Chapter 9 - OOTP
Chapter 10 - OOTP
Chapter 11 - OOTP
Chapter 12 - OOTP
Chapter 13 - OOTP
Chapter 14 - OOTP
Half Blood Prince Cast
Chapter 1 - HBP
Chapter 2 - HBP
Chapter 3 - HBP
Chapter 4 - HBP
Chapter 5 - HBP
Chapter 6 - HBP
Chapter 7 - HBP
Chapter 8 - HBP
Chapter 9 - HBP
Chapter 10 - HBP
Chapter 1 - DH
Chapter 2 - DH
Chapter 3 - DH
Chapter 4 - DH
Chapter 5 - DH
Epilogue

Chapter 8

71 2 0
By katiieLeiigh

The Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw game arrived, Katherine sat with the twins that morning, making sure that they ate before their match, without shouting at them to do so. Like Oliver. They were also trying to drown out the noise cause over the fuss of the firebolt. Though hearing Harry bite back at Draco was a highlight.

"Right Kat, its time for us to go, you still coming to watch?" Kat smiled a Georges hopeful look, which turned into a wide smile as she nodded and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"I will be cheering for you the loudest Georgie" He waved bye and headed towards the rest of the team, falling into step with his twin.

"You've got it bad George" George huffed out a small laugh.

"I've no idea what you mean Fred". He nudged Fred's shoulder and headed into the changing rooms.

****

Kat was sat next to Hermione in the stands watching the match, though she was getting distracted by Lee's commentary and how McGonagall keeps interrupting him and telling him to focus on the match. As she was watching the chasers, she found her eyes kept drifting back to a certain beater. George definitely looked good up there, and he was a damn good beater to, every time he would hit a bludger Katherine would cheer the loudest for him, just like now. He winked at her, so she blew him a kiss back.

"Look at that everyone, George Weasley seem to be flirting with none other than Katherine Willow" Lee announced to everyone, Katherine blushed a deep scarlet but laughed all the same. Getting back to the match Gryffindor were leading by eighty points.

"Gryffindor led by eighty points to zero and look at that firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now! See it turn, Chang's comet is just no match for it. The firebolts precision -balance is really noticeable in these long- "He was suddenly cut off.

"JORDAN ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS? GET ON WITH THE COMMENTRY" Minnie looked like she was going to blow a gasket if Lee said one more thing about the firebolt.

As the game continued, Harry had seen the snitch a few times, but each time was intercepted by a bludger or by Cho Chang herself. Katherine however still had not stopped watching George. Everyone started shouting, and then out of nowhere a Patronus came galloping across the pitch. However, no Harry carried on and caught the snitch.

Harry's teammates went running to him, like they had just won the house cup. Katherine ran down with Hermione to congratulate everyone. Upon seeing George, she called out.

"Congratulations Georgie" She launched herself at George and hugged him the tightest she had ever hugged anyone before.

The party in Gryffindor, common room was raging well into the night. It was so loud that McGonagall had come in and ordered them all to bed. Katherine settled down in bed and tried to calm the buzzing in her mind. As she was humming Doris Day for what felt like the hundredth time, she felt herself becoming more and more on edge. Being a shifter had its perks sure, but it also had its down sides to, and one of them is feeling like Katherine's mind was buzzing when there was danger around. As she swung her legs off her bed and placed her feet on the floor, she heard shouting from the boys' dormitories. She jumped up and raced to the boys' dorms, on her way there she was shoved to the side as someone hurried past her, by the time she had tapped into her heightened sense the person had gone. Though she could have sworn she saw the tail of a dog.

Suddenly Harry, Ron, Seamus and Neville and Dean came out of the room and headed down to the common room.

"What the bloody hell is going on!" At the sound of Katherines raised voice Ron turned to her.

"Sirius Black was in our dorm room. With a knife" Katherine let out an exasperated sigh, but then she noticed the fear on Ron's face.

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming Ron?" someone asked, but Katherine was too focused on Ron, he had gone deathly pale and was shaking.

"I'm telling you I saw him" Ron looked like he could cry. Katherine walked over to him and wrapped her arm around him. By now all this noise had attracted a lot of attention.

"What's all the noise, McGonagall told us to go to bed." Percy had also come down the stairs, quickly flanked by both twins.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" Katherine rolled her eyes at Fred.

"No, we aren't, your brother has just seen Sirius Black" The twins looked at Katherine before falling about in hysterics, that was however until they noticed the very pale Ron at the side of her.

"Everyone back upstairs" Percy using his prefect voice sent the audience back to their dorms, Katherine however stayed by Ron's side.

"Perce, Sirius Black" Ron looked like he might faint. "In our dormitory, with a knife" Percy gave him a flat look. However, everyone that remained had gone very silent.

"Nonsense" Percy whilst trying to remain calm started to look slightly startled. "You've had too much to eat Ron- you had a nightmare" Katherine however knew that, whilst it was likely, wasn't what had happened.

"How do you explain the person that had run into me on his way out of the boys' dorms then Percy" Everyone jumped at the sound of her voice, however, before anyone could reply McGonagall came through the portrait hole.

"I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous. Percy, I expected better of you" Percy looked a little bit dejected.

"I certainly didn't authorise this professor, I was just telling them to go back to bed. My brother Ron had a nightmare- "

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE" Ron bellowed. "PROFESSOR I WOKE UP AND SIRIUS BLACK IS STANDING OVER ME HOLDING A KNIFE".

"Don't be ridiculous Weasley, how could he have possibly gotten through the portrait hole" McGonagall was at the end of her patients, Katherine could tell.

"Ask him" Ron pointed at the painting. McGonagall threw him a sharp glare before heading over the speak to Sir Cadogan.

"Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?"

"Certainly, good lady" Everyone must of mentally facepalmed at this point.

"You-You did?" McGonagall was at a loss for words, "But what about the passwords?"

"He had them" Sir Cadogan stated proudly, "The whole weeks my lady, read them of a bit of paper". McGonagall came marching back into the common room.

"Which person" she took a deep breath before looking back at the students, "Which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?".

It was silent for a moment, almost a moment too long, before a small squeak was heard and Neville raised his hand slowly in the air.

*****

In the days following the incident Katherine split her time between Hermione and the twins and lee. Ron was still giving her the cold shoulder, and Katherine was furious when she found out that Ron had made her cry this night of the Gryffindor party. Fred and George offered to hold Ron whilst Hermione and Katherine got in a few punches, the girls laugh but politely declined the offer, besides Katherine didn't need assistance.

However, they were all currently looking at the date for the next Hogsmeade visit. The twins had managed to convince Katherine to go, well mainly George had convinced her.

"Hogsmeade, next weekend!" Ron had spoken and looked over at Harry, "What do you reckon?".

"Well Filch hasn't done anything about the passage to Honeydukes..." Harry trailed off quietly as they sat down.

"Harry "Harry looked around at who had called his name, he then noticed Hermione and Katherine behind a wall of books, however it was Hermione that was speaking. "Harry if you go into Hogsmeade again...I'll tell Professor McGonagall about that map".

Ron deciding to ignore her presence, "can you hear someone talking Harry?" Katherine then chose to look up and tune into the conversation properly, she could see Harry looking uncomfortable being caught in between his two friends.

"Ron How can you let him go with you? After what Sirius Black did to you, I mean it I'll tell" she didn't get to finish her sentence before he cut her off.

"So now you're trying to get Harry expelled!" Ron was furious, but in Katherine's opinion he had no right to be, he however wasn't finished being cruel. "Haven't you done enough damage". Hermione went to respond, however, Crookshanks decided to jump into her lap, and as Ron looked like he might lunge across to commit murder Katherine gave Hermione a nudge to take Crookshanks upstairs. Only when she was out of sight did Katherine stand up and wheel around on Ron. Her look of fury was enough to make the dementors shake.

"How dare you, you pathetic immature little boy" Katherine saw the twins starting to approach her. "That sweet girl has done nothing but want to keep the both of you safe, and you're treating her like an outcast. Its sad. You have no right on this earth to be upset- "However Ron jumped up and interrupted her, which cause her anger to flare even more.

"But her beast-!" Katherine fixed her glare on him again and he swallowed the words in his throat.

"Is acting like a cat does! You have 24 hours Ronald Weasley to apologise, otherwise I will be asking Minnie to write to your mother about the way you are treating your fellow students and friends" After she was finished, she went to head to bed, however George stopped her. She honestly thought he was going to start shouting at her for talking to his brother that way, instead he just hugged her whilst sending Ron his own glare for upsetting the sweet Gryffindor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 362 29
This is a story between the weasley twins draco, and the reader. y/n smith is a powerfull witch shes in year 5 she has always been really close with...
2.1K 36 21
Y/n Snape daughter of Severus Snape, she's in her 5th year with her best friends the Weasley twins, and their friend Lee Jordan while the golden trio...
153K 3.4K 39
๐“๐ฐ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ฆ!!! - Y/N has been best friends with Fred and George since her very first year at Hogwarts. Now...
69.7K 1.7K 14
You come back to Hogwarts for your 6th year, but everyone is acting weird especially the Weasley twins. This year was not like the others, that's for...