The Shifter and The Weasley

By katiieLeiigh

Katherine Willow has always been alone. She is starting her fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and W... More

Cast.
Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Book Two
Chapter One - GoF
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 1 - OOTP
Chapter 2 - OOTP
Chapter 3 - OOTP
Chapter 4 - OOTP
Chapter 5 - OOTP
Chapter 6 - OOTP
Chapter 7 - OOTP
Chapter 8 - OOTP
Chapter 9 - OOTP
Chapter 10 - OOTP
Chapter 11 - OOTP
Chapter 12 - OOTP
Chapter 13 - OOTP
Chapter 14 - OOTP
Half Blood Prince Cast
Chapter 1 - HBP
Chapter 2 - HBP
Chapter 3 - HBP
Chapter 4 - HBP
Chapter 5 - HBP
Chapter 6 - HBP
Chapter 7 - HBP
Chapter 8 - HBP
Chapter 9 - HBP
Chapter 10 - HBP
Chapter 1 - DH
Chapter 2 - DH
Chapter 3 - DH
Chapter 4 - DH
Chapter 5 - DH
Epilogue

Chapter 6

75 2 0
By katiieLeiigh

A few days later, Katherine, the twins and lee headed into DADA, upon entering the fell into fits of laughter. The class was stood around confused. They couldn't take their seats because the twins and Katherine had charmed all of the furniture to stick to the roof.

"Come on everyone take your seats" Lupin then looked up and noticed all of the furniture on the roof. "Well, I wonder how they got up there" he glanced around the room and noticed the four students wheezing with laughter at the back of the crowd. "Mister Weasleys, Mr Jordan and Miss Willow, please see me after class" The four sobered up pretty quickly, and with a flick of his wand, all the furniture floated down. Everyone took their seats and listened as Professor Lupin started his lesson. As lesson ended the four made their way to the front of the classroom.

"I was wondering if any of you had an idea of how my furniture got onto the roof" the boys glanced between each other. Before looking at Katherine.

"It was me sir" Everyone was silent, as Katherine held her breath. It would be worth the punishment if she can get the twins out of it.

"Really, well congratulations on a job well done" The four burst out laughing.

"It wasn't just Katherine sir" George wasn't going to let her take all the credit. Though he was grateful that she had tried to get him and Fred out of trouble.

"I assumed as much, well, as much as I enjoyed it, please can we keep my furniture on the ground in future" He gave a small chuckle and looked at the four who were nodding vigorously.

"We will, Professor, promise" Katherine laughed as she pulled the boys along, who in turn pulled lee along. As soon as they were out of the classroom, they fell about laughing again. They ran off towards the greenhouses for their Herbology lesson.

******

A few weeks later, everyone is buzzing as Christmas is approaching. That and the Gryffindors were happy as Ravenclaw had beaten Hufflepuff, so Gryffindor were back in the running for winning the quidditch cup. Another Hogsmeade visit had also been announced and Katherine had decided to go to this one, as it was the last visit before Christmas a week later and Katherine needed to get Christmas gifts. Her, George and Fred were going to meet Lee there.

The day of the Hogsmeade trip, Harry had said goodbye to Hermione and Ron and was walking along the third-floor corridor.

"Psst- Harry" Harry looked around and spotted the twins and Katherine peering around the one-eyed witch statue.

"What are you doing? How come your not going to Hogsmeade" Harry asked also hiding behind the statue.

We've come to give you a bit of festive cheer before we go" Fred pulled him from behind the statue and the four of them headed into an empty classroom.

"What's this supposed to be?" Harry asked as Fred handed him what looked to be a blanket bit of parchment.

This Harry is the secret to our success" George replied.

"it's a wrench giving it to, but last night, we decided that you needs are greater than ours" Katherine hummed along to Doris Day, waiting for the twins to finish so they could head to Hogsmeade.

"Anyway, we know it off by heart" George placed his arm around Katherine's shoulder, who in turn blushed furiously but smiled all the same. "We bequeath it to you; we don't really need it anymore. Especially with our Kat here having super hearing" Katherine elbowed George in the side. "Okay, sorry Kat".

"And what do I need with a bit of old parchment?" Harry asked.

"A bit of old parchment!" said Fred, holding his hand above his heart as though Harry had just stabbed him." Explain George."

"Well ... when we were in our first year, Harry – young, carefree and innocent – "Harry snorted. He doubted whether Fred and George had ever been innocent, but this had also made Katherine start laughing, she knew that the twins had never been innocent. "– well, more innocent than we are now – we got into a spot of bother with Filch."

"We let off a Dungbomb in the corridor and it upset him for some reason – ""

"So, he hauled us off to his office and started threatening us with the usual – "

"detention".

"Disembowelment"

"And we couldn't help noticing a drawer in one of his filing cabinets marked Confiscated and Highly Dangerous."

"Don't tell me – "Harry began, a smile starting to break out on his face, as well as Katherines as she watched the twins telling their story.

"Well, what would you've done?" said Fred. "George caused a diversion by dropping another Dungbomb, I whipped the drawer open and grabbed – this."

"It's not as bad as it sounds, you know," George chimed in, his arm still wrapped around Katherine's shoulder. "We don't reckon Filch ever found out how to work it. He probably suspected what it was, though, or he wouldn't have confiscated it."

"Oh, I'm betting Filch definitely knew what it was, you aren't the first troublemakers you know" Katherine wore a smirk.

"No, we aren't Kat, but we are the best" She hummed in agreement as she looked up at George.

"And you know how to work it?" Harry asked, it was a silly question, of course the twins knew how to work it.

"Oh yes," The trio was smirking at Harry as Fred spoke. "This little beauty taught us more than all the teachers in this school."

"You're winding me up," Harry accused.

" Oh, are we?" said George he stood up straight and walked over to Harry and Fred. He took out his wand, touched the parchment lightly and spoke the words "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." The map suddenly started to come to life as they all watched as ink footsteps moved all around the map of the castle. Harry was reading the writing on the map when Fred and George started to explain the secret passages and which one to use. Katherine didn't really like this idea, however there was no way she was going to tell anyone because she refused to get the twins in trouble, before he headed off Katherine had told him to be careful.

*****

Katherine came down to the common room, it was the first day of the holiday, which meant Christmas was in a few days. As she was descending the stairs she had over heard the conversation between the trio, Hermione basically begging Harry not to go to Hagrid's.

"I tell you what, if you three are that desperate to go to Hagrid's I'll come with you" The trio looked between themselves.

"Yeah, thanks Kat" Katherine nodded but headed towards the portrait hole.

"However, we are eating first" The three third years scampered out of the portrait after her. As they all sat down for breakfast it was quiet, the twins had gone home with Ginny for Christmas, however Percy had decided to stay, so it was safe to say, Kat was missing the troublemakers. As they all finished their breakfasts they got up and headed towards Hagrid's. Ron knocked on the door, but there was no answer. When suddenly a noise was heard from inside. The three teens were deciding on whether they should go and get someone when Katherine knocked again.

"Hagrid its Katherine and the trio". Suddenly the door opened, and the teenagers rushed inside, as soon as the door closed Hagrid flung himself at Katherine.

"Yeh've heard!" He shouted so loud he startled everyone and cause Katherine to cringe at her now ringing ear drums.

"What's this?" Harry picked up the letter and Katherine gently coaxed the half giant into a chair. Katherine took the letter from Harry's hand and read it quietly, once, twice, three times before she could believe it.

"Surely not Hagrid" She looked at him and could see the tear stains on his face. The trio behind her quickly scanned the letter. "Lucius Malfoy and his bloody son, we will mount a good defence Hagrid, we will all help." Katherine began to pace. This was turning into a terrible day.

****

It was Christmas morning at last, Katherine jumped out of bed and scooped up her presents before meeting with Hermione and heading to the boy's dorm. She pushed the door open and placed her presents down on one of the empty beds. Having already given Fred and George, Lee and Ginny theirs she passed Harry, Hermione and Ron theirs to open.

"Merry Christmas guys!" she watched as all their faces lit up, Hermione got some muggle books she had been after reading, Ron got some Chudley Cannons merchandise and Harry got a new scarf and some new quidditch gloves.

"Thanks Kat" She remembered her own presents, she got a dragon stuffed toy of Fred, a bracelet with a dragon charm off George, a new pair of gloves off Lee, she got muggle books off Hermione, sweets from Ron, Harry had gotten her a charm to go onto her bracelet that was the letter 'k' and she got some new converse shoes and a new sweatshirt from Minnie. However, she soon heard Harry and Ron getting excited over the firebolt Harry had gotten, with Hermione stating it could be from Sirius Black and should be checked over, the boys just waved her off.

After opening presents and having fun in the snow they headed in for Christmas lunch, everyone was eating and Dumbledore was pulling crackers, which had made Katherine laugh. When Professor Trelawney appeared.

"Sybil! This is a pleasant surprise" Dumbledore called.

"I have been crystal-gazing, Headmaster," said Professor Trelawney, her voice sounding like she had been inhaling too much incense. "And to my astonishment, I saw myself abandoning my solitary luncheon and coming to join you. Who am I to refuse the promptings of fate? I at once hastened from my tower, and I do beg you to forgive my lateness ..."

"Certainly, certainly," Dumbledore's his eyes twinkling. "Let me draw you up a chair – "With a wave of his wand, a chair appeared for Professor Trelawney. Professor Trelawney, however, did not sit down; her enormous eyes had been roving around the table, and she suddenly uttered a kind of soft scream.

"I dare not, Headmaster! If I join the table, we shall be thirteen! Nothing could be more unlucky! Never forget that when thirteen dine together, the first to rise will be the first to die!" Katherine rolled her eyes and the outburst.

"We'll risk it, Sybill," said Professor McGonagall impatiently. "Do sit down, the turkey's getting stone cold." Professor Trelawney hesitated, then lowered herself into the empty chair looking around as if expecting someone to drop dead. Professor McGonagall poked a large spoon into the nearest tureen. "Tripe, Sybill?" Professor Trelawney ignored her, she looked around once more.

" But where is dear Professor Lupin?" She continued looking around; however, Katherine shared a look with Hermione, both of them had figured it out ages ago.

" I'm afraid the poor fellow is ill again," said Dumbledore. "Most unfortunate that it should happen on Christmas Day."

"But surely you already knew that, Sybill?" said McGonagall, her eyebrows raised. Professor Trelawney gave Professor McGonagall a hard look.

" Certainly, I knew, Minerva," she said quietly. "But one does not parade the fact that one is All Knowing. I frequently act as though I am not possessed of the Inner Eye, so as not to make others nervous." Everyone ate having quiet conversation between themselves, but Katherine was eves dropping on Minnie.

" That explains a great deal," said Professor McGonagall tartly, Katherine looked up and flashed Minnie a grin, who in turn rolled her eyes at the girl. Professor Trelawney's voice suddenly became normal as she looked at McGonagall.

"If you must know, Minerva, I have seen that poor Professor Lupin will not be with us for very long. He seems aware, himself, that his time is short. He positively fled when I offered to crystal-gaze for him – "However McGonagall cut her off with a snaky comment.

"Imagine that" said Professor McGonagall drily. Katherine started to choke on her food, she was trying so hard not to laugh at Minnie's comments.

"I doubt," said Dumbledore, in a cheerful but slightly raised voice, which put an end to Professor McGonagall and Professor Trelawney's conversation, "that Professor Lupin is in any immediate danger. Severus, you've made the Potion for him again?"

"Yes, Headmaster," said Snape.

"Good," said Dumbledore. "Then he should be up and about in no time ... Derek, have you had any of these chipolatas? They're excellent." Katherine couldn't hold in the giggle that escaped at the shocked first year who had gone the same colour as Ron's hair at being addressed by the headmaster. As dinner came to an end, Katherine, Hermione, Ron and Harry all stood up from the table at the same time.

"My dears, which of you left their seat first" Katherine sighed.

"We all stood at the same time Professor" Trelawney looked across to Minnie for help.

"I doubt it will make much difference" Minnie started. "Unless a mad axeman is waiting outside the doors to slaughter the first into the entrance hall" Katherine laughed and subtly gave Minnie a high five. They waved the boys on as Katherine and Hermione both wanted to talk to Minnie, Katherine so she could give her, her gift and Hermione to tell her about the firebolt.

******

So here is chapter 6 guys, let me know what you think, you are getting updates more regularly because I'm finishing chapters for the Goblet of Fire pretty quickly.

x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 244 51
Y/n is a student at Hogwarts. She's the same age as the Weasley twins. And that's the problem. She can't stand them. For y/n, what matters is her gra...
9.2K 305 15
Madilyn Mcgonagall is a 11-year old witch that will be attending Hogwarts, the school where her aunt is the professor transfiguration. While shopping...
924 28 28
A young Hufflepuff in her fourth year, one who is already close with the infamous Weasely twins. Embarks on her own journey with a rather uneventful...