One Way: Find the Destiny

By Chimera_Regarion

One second that is all it takes to know something is wrong. It is that one second that the heart stops beatin... More

Prologue
~1~ : Something is not right
~ 2 ~ : I am doomed!
~3~: Something to remember...
~4~: Quite the situation
~5~: Don't be suspicious!
~6~: First impressions matter!
~7~: What a maid...
~8~: This Girl is crazy!!!
~10~: Jealousy over abilities
~11~: Freaking names...
~12~: The story behind the duke family
~13~: Fancy.. Very Fancy...
~14~: A strange child
~15~: My new servant
~16~: Shortcut
~17~: Favorite!
~18~: The start of the festival!
~19~: Build different
~20~: On the hit list
~21~: A sleeping dragon
~22~: Dragons and Wizards...
~23~ Too many questions!
~24~: A quiet life or not?
~25~: Silent War!
~26~: Hidden in the attack!
~27~: Meet the prince!
~28~: Things will change...
~29~: An auspicious oracle
~30~: Escape!
~31~: Rumors
~32~ Mysterious Doctor - all healer - a true angel...
~33~: That one kid... no way...
~34~: New Saint treatment.... INSANE!
~35~: Welcome to the church!
~36~: This was to be expected!
~37~: What to do....No where to hide!
~38~: What happened...
~39~: On the same boat
~40~: Let the distraction begin!
~41~: A true Saintess!
~42~: Area Heal
~43~: Sent by the heavens
~44~: ... What are you doing here?!
~45~: At the banquet
~46~: Help Request
~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!
~48~: The start of the war
~49~: The mages arrival
~50~: The warside...everything is possible!
~51~: Leading the way!
~52~: When the dragon arrives!
~53~: Battle of the giants
~54~: A god?
~55~: Closure for families!
~56~: One last mission!
~57~: Peace Talks
~58~: Talks were never an option....
~59~: For a better future!
~60~: The mind is a strange thing

~9~: Meet the brothers

38 7 1
By Chimera_Regarion

We left quietly and got into the dining hall all while I was kinda hugging my fathers neck and waiting for him to put me down but it never came. Actually I thought he would put me down the moment we got into the room but he didn't do that. So naturally my second thought was that he would let me down on a chair but that also never happened. Instead he walked down the side of the table to the end where he was the head of the family. In this case my father was sitting and sat down while putting me right there as well.

This was so surprising!

I was currently sitting on my fathers lap and I could swear that my head was spinning just thinking that he was right there. By that aura from before I knew that he was powerful but now he was acting completely different and more docile. If anything, I would say he was trying his best to either calm me down or make me feel safe. No matter what it was, this situation was kinda ridiculous. I felt weird being here.

What now?

Why am I sitting in your lap?

Did I do something wrong?

What is happening?!

I am all grown up... well from the inside!

I can eat on my own and I can sit on a chair perfectly fine!

No need to have me in your lap Sire!

There were a million words in my mind which would in the end say the same thing. I wanted to get off his lap but I was kinda scared to tell him that. Who knows, maybe I would even anger this guy and that was definitely not something I wanted to do.

"Viviana, meet Alex, your older brother and Ryan, your oldest brother."

"Hello."

"Aw she is soo cute!"

"Father, why do you have to bring her in? Is this one of your-"

"No. She is family and you should know that just by the color of her eyes."

"WOW! They are even more golden than ours!"

"I am sorry father. It was my fault for not knowing my place. Hello Viviana, can I call you Vivi?"

"Sure."

"ME TOO!"

"Mh."

"Aham."

All of the sudden the duke made a noise and when I looked at him, I kinda could tell that he wanted to call me Vivi too instead of my full name. Now as for Ryan he was the oldest brother I had, he had light blue hair and pretty golden eyes. He was quite tall and if I had to guess around 14 or 16 years old. Definitely the oldest and the wisest of these two kids. Then there was Alex. This kid had bright red colored hair and he was around 9 or 10 years old. I may be wrong but that was what I would estimate them to be around.

Anyways, my oldest brother was wearing a pretty uniform and had a sword close by as well. Now my other brother seemed more playful instead and not as strict, yet he also seemed quite easy to get into trouble. Might be judging him just based on his appearance but so what?! Not as if society never judged people like that. Noooo, never ever did that happen.

"Father, call me Vivi too please!"

At the end of the please, I looked at him and made sure to actually prolong the e in please and make it sound super cute as well.

"If you insist. I shall do so."

Huh?

If I insist?

I never actually... wait!

Look at how happy he is!

Can't believe you are this type of guys.

But it's kinda cute to see him like that!

This is why he could be such a great father if he wouldn't be a jerk in the book!

I soo hope I am remembering this either wrong or that the characters are different.... Tho I never got a character wrong ever!

And they say I am the child here!

"YES!"

"Alright. Viviana, care to explain why you have a whip in your hand?"

Ah, there it was. I knew at some point I had to explain what just happened and this was the best way to do it anyways. Not as if he looked angry at me at all. There was just one problem here. I was still holding the whip in one hand and I was not so sure how to explain that I didn't have any wounds at all.

"That monkey whipped me earlier and Emi too!"

"Pfff-"

"Alex, hold it back."

Says the one who is nearly laughing as well...

You can't even hold it back as well and you ask him to do that?!

Seriously?!

"What brother? You heard it. Rosetta is a monkey now."

"She certainly does behave like one."

"Both of you stop it."

"Yes father"

"Yes father"

Well this was quite easy to be resolved.

Is calling her a monkey that much of a big deal?

Where is the problem with doing that anyways?!

"Continue."

Alright...

Now what do I call her instead of a monkey?

A bitch?

A lunatic?

A psychopath?

Can't do that...

"Well, Emi and that butler started to walk me here. When we found that pig."

AHA!

Gotcha as well as my oldest brother!

"PFFF-"

"Now is your turn to not laugh brother Ryan."

"I am sorry."

"Alright and what happened then?"

"Emi shielded me from her and got whipped. Then she found me and whipped me."

The moment I mentioned that I got whipped, all the snickering on the table and everything stopped and I felt this heavy presence that couldn't be described differently than them being either concerned or angry. Well I didn't care and wanted to continue my story since the thing was, no matter how hard I was thinking about it, I couldn't understand why I healed up that fast.

"She whipped you?"

Isn't that what I just said?

Why are you suddenly looking at me that shocked and moreover why are you shaking a bit...

"Yes, father."

"Where?"

"I am fine now."

"No you are not! How dare she whip someone from our family?!"

"Alex, calm down."

"No, Ryan!"

"Where did she whip you?"

"Alex, you should calm down! What if you make her cry?!"

"Sorry sis."

"It healed. I am not injured."

"It healed?"

"Yes father."

I knew how stupid that sounded but it was the truth and I looked at my father who looked at me and nodded before patting my head for a bit. I could tell that both of my brothers were scheming something but they stopped talking the moment I did say I got healed. Instead I continued to hear some whispers and the only thing that I heard and caught in the middle of everything were the following words: "Capture", "Whip", "Servants", "Party" and "Grandfather".

Whatever that actually meant.

I was currently too busy to think about why to explain what happened.

"I don't know how but it did! I am not lying! You can ask Emi! I healed her too!"

"You healed your maid?"

"Yes. Was I not supposed to?"

"No, you did well my dear Vivi."

"Thanks, father."

The story was still not over since I didn't get to the point where I was actually holding the whip or how he found me and that girl fighting like that. I meant I got hurt and that was how everything started. However that didn't really matter much since I definitely knew that both of my brothers were up to something and my father as well. It was just that gaze they were giving me that was telling me everything. They were definitely gonna hide something from me. I knew that much! I may be young but I was not dumb to not be able to see that at all. The only thing was... I didn't want to be involved nor know about it at all.

In the end I cut their train of thoughts while continuing the story and tell them how I actually got the whip.

"After that she tried to hit me again."

"AGAIN?"

"Father, I want your permission."

"No."

"But father!"

"Don't be that obvious."

"I understand."

"Then what about me?! Can I?"

"If my oldest son can't then why do you think my youngest will?"

"Ahm... because you like me."

"Dream on. You two are not to do anything at all. "

"Soo ahm... I got the whip from her while pulling it out of her hand... this is why I have it but also why she pulled my hair...."

Now that I finished telling them my story. I felt better but little did I know that the moment I was done talking, they would call Emi and the other guy over to get me to be carried back to my room after we were all done with our food. No one dared to talk about what happened anymore. For me it was just suspicious to see them all act up and stop talking about the obvious thing all of the sudden. Of course I knew that they would do something but once again, I didn't want to know about it. This way I could say I didn't know about anything at all in case they do something without even lying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647K 28.1K 68
I had reincarnated into Remis Xenith, the younger brother of the heroine, who died at the beginning of every route. In order to not interfere with t...
204K 11.9K 54
: ̗̀➛ Passing out while studying for your exams was one thing- ╰┈➤ But where did this blue menu screen come from?! ▷ [ Welcome to Genshin Impact! We...
168 34 33
[Nine Lives of Deity] an unpublished novel, rejected by many publishing companies I've been, I give up and also labeled it as the worst novel I wrote...
105K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...