.Stone And Lumber (Johanna Ma...

By ChrisWolfblood

Athena Hadley. Like everyone in 2, force fed with the ideas of grandeur and fame. Only for her life to collap... More

-Athena Hadley-
-Finnick Odair-
-Victors-
-68th-
-69th-
-70th-
-Roof-
-Messing Around-
-Bush-
-Snow-
-Fucked-
-Punishment-
-Victory Tour-
-Heart To Heart-
-71st-
-''Everything for Cato.''-
-Fixing-
-Going Home-
-Training-
-Call-
-Leap Of Faith-
-ChatGPT Shenanigans-
-Forest-
-Jealous-
-72nd-
-Garden-
-Late Night Burden-
-Clove-
-Trouble-
-Oh please-
-Herself-
-73rd-
-Uppercut-
-Start-
-Overdone-
-''They are still bloody''-
-Scars-
-Late For Secrets-
-Act Fool-
-She Could Kill Them-
-Reaping-
-Anything-
-74th-
-Cato Hadley-
-Nothing-
-''I'm sorry''-
-''I take it that you ran into her.''-
-Tree Tumble-
-''I am happy for you''-
-Calm-
-Reaping Of The 75th-
-''This is worth it''-
-Parade-
-Training II-
-Interviews-
-75th-
-First Day-
-Spile-
-Fog-
-Monkey-
-Blood Rain-
-''Yeah, thanks.''-
-Clock-
-Jabberjays-
-''Love is weird''-
-''When we see each other.''-
-Careers-
-Capitol-
-Interview II-
-Trackerjacker-
-Choices-
-''I'll be''-
-''Athe--!''-
-Hand-
-Broke-
-Fight-
-Mutt-
-Truth-
-Rescued-
-Rocky Meeting-
-Avox-
-''I am not the mockingjay''-
-Kiss-
-Not Tonight-
-Weapons-
-''When has anyone protected you?''-
-Spark-
-Lashing Out-
-Confused-
-Marriage-
-Kitten-
-Cinnamon-
-2-
-Gods Of War-
-Only Love Can Hurt Like This-
-Sent Out-
-Joining The Fight-
-Oil Bath-
-Underground-
-Tunnel-
-Bombing-
-Greenhouse-
-Votes-
-Home-
-Epilogue I-
-Epilogue II-
-Epilogue III-
-Epilogue IV-
-Epilogue V-
-Epilogue VI-
-Epilogue VII-
-Epilogue VIII-
-Epilogue IX-
-Epilogue X-
-Epilogue XI-
-Epilogue: Ares-
-Fun Facts-

-''Why are you not asking away?''-

1.1K 41 13
By ChrisWolfblood

Athena rubbed her thumb the back of her finger, from the knuckle, down too the bend and back up it.

This was.... Not how she wanted to spend her evening and yet...

"You idiot." She flicked droplets of alcohol in her face, smiling a bit as she got a smack on the shoulder.

"Don't do that." Johanna said, it was barely a drop but she still didn't enjoy her antics.

Athena didn't like questions, she actually hated them, preferring to keep all for herself, to protect herself as much as she could.... But the silence from them was unbearable.

How could Johanna just enjoy banter as they drank their worries away on Whisky after what preceded this?

The itching of the leather gloves on her hand wounds, the annoying burning of the cloth of her shirt covering her arms, the irritating tapping of her foot on the ground, the bothersome knowledge of what her life was like.... Why in all of hell was there not being questions asked?

It bothered Athena so...

"Why are you not asking away?"

That she ended up questioning the lack of it.

When people love gossip and always want to know all, silence is worst then constant eavesdropping on news.

"Asking away what?" The younger woman asked.

"Well." Athena put up her free arm on the back of the couch she was sitting on, sure she felt the buzz of the alcohol but just enough to completely numb out all feelings she had left in her fingers, making them more clumsy if she was distracted and she wasn't, lowering the propped up arm across the back of the couch and flicking Johanna's neck as her hand landed just there, sitting quite near.

"Hey!"

"Asking about this stuff I mean." Athena didn't acknowledge the complaint about her actions, she always loved getting the girl worked up.

"Why would I?" Johanna rose an intrigued brow, having not drank that much, knowing she had a lower tolerance then the victor from 2. "What victor wants to spill blood again?"

Athena could have accepted that answer, it was true after all, but she couldn't, it felt shallow in her heart, the textbook type answer.

"Yeah well you are not the type to conform too normalcy, you always threaten to put an axe through people and I think you'd do it."

"What does that have to do with things?"

Athena shrugged, what is this? Was she being her own lawyers? One trying to protect her and the other wanting to reveal all? It was almost amusing to see when this would go.

"I am just saying that you of all wouldn't mind killing again, tho maybe not outright out of want but yeah, inconvenienced? Better hide, the mad wolf will come for you."

"Easier to be angry then apathetic."

"Ouch." She laughed, not caring that it wasn't aimed at her, Johanna quite hit the nail with that hammer her words were. "I prefer apathy myself, not even victors of 2 would usually be fawned of killing anymore after their games so yeah, I prefer not caring about anything."

"Caring is living."

"How correct you are, and caring is questioning the whats and whys of the world."

"Does it really bother you that much that I am not screaming at you to answer some arbitrary question about this?" Johanna waved loosely as the arm who's hand was now playing with the hair hanging out of her pony tail and down her neck, trying to ignore it.

"People are not that selfless, they all want to know what happened."

"Oh trust me, I want to know why the hell you were so intent on washing the flesh off your bones but I know when to shut up and know it is not my place to ask." It infuriated the victor from 7, how could Athena skip from a topic too the next while at the same time always keeping what she wanted to talk about out of the conversation but always lurking on the ledge.

The hand stopped, Athena looking at the locks between her fingers, were they always this almost dark auburn? It doesn't matter, it quite fits Johanna.

The other woman from 7 was getting nervous under the quiet gaze of the victor, sure she wanted things, to not share her with anyone but it was quite different from thinking that compared to admitting it too the others face.

With a little surprise, the hand once in her hair had grabbed her chin from bellow and forced her to full on look at her, until now she had watched the gory display of the games going on on the screen to not look at Athena and those damned eyes were the reason.

They made it so hard to do anything at all.

"You." Athena's voice enough to make her ears work again tho having a hard time. "Considerate? The little wolf I know doesn't care about what others think and runs in head strong, does what she wants and wins, so tell me why you'd be the one that causes you irritation." Athena shifted her hand, no longer holding her but having a single claw poke in the soft flesh under her chin. "Annoyance and that you should never associate with as 2's are idols of the games, blood thirsty killers."

Well that was hard to answer tho not because of some mental dilemma about good or bad, or because of the inherent monsters the games created.... No, that was not what made it hard to answer.... What made it hard was.... Well....

"Oh damn you're so hot."

Athena burst out laughing, out of all she expected to hear, this was sure not it. Damn, it has been long since she laughed this real.

"Stop it!" Johanna hit her with a pillow which just made her keep laughing, tears peaking but blinked away as her stomach hurt from laughing so hard and protecting herself from the pillow attack. "I told you to shut up! Stop! No!"

"Oh damn." Athena was gasping for breath, giggling in short bursts, Johanna an angry red she thought suited her. "Well thanks little wolf." She chuckled, taking a deep breath, trying the settle down. "Would you want me to compliment you back?" She jokingly asked only to have a whole bunch of the pillows thrown in her face, reviving the fire of laughter, dropping too her side and holding her stomach while she did so.

"I will murder you!" Johanna leaned over, bracing a hand on the back of the couch and leaning over to reach Athena's face with the pillow she still held, a foot on the ground but kneeling with the other on the couch. "Stop resisting!"

Athena just dying of laughter before Johanna could get to smother her in the soft pillow tho she wanted to live, shifting her right leg and kicking out Johanna's leg on the floor, making the other, who's balance was already compromised, topple over.

"Come on, you love me." Athena joked, on purpose wrapping her arms around Johanna to trap her in her embarrassment.

"I hate you!"

"Nah, you find me hot."

"Athena!" She pushed herself up and free tho still too close so her face didn't lose its shade.

"D-awe." She looked up at her, booping her nose. "Don't worry, you don't look bad yourself."

"I will kill you."

"Then try, I'm here, soooo defenseless." She wanted to laugh as the tone she used was clearly an innuendo. Sure, she wanted to crawl out of her skin if even her friend, Finnick, brushed against her, but she couldn't seem to get enough of 7's victor.

And oh how did she enjoy that hue of red on her.

She didn't want to admit it too herself so she wouldn't, but she wouldn't mind having the mad wolf in all ways a human could.

"You are so dead." Tho that reply didn't contain much anger, those damned eyes, hypnotic and impossible to explain.

"Just try." Athena invited with a larger then nature grin.

For once, skin not crawling with disgusting ghostly hands of the Capitol, something new washing those away.

(Look.... I am not in the mood to write it out so I will let this video explain)

(If anyone is actually interested, just comment here and I'll write something I'll put in as its own separate chapter. Otherwise, just use your imagination.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1.3K 29
Two years have past since the war and Katniss' life is still in ruins. With the realisation of having fake feelings towards Peeta she's missed Gale m...
304 5 37
TW: abuse, fighting, violence, kissing Adilade Cruise The girl who survived the arena The girl who is responsible for HIS death The girl who was to...
4.1K 208 28
Everyone knows about the Rebellion Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark started right? Well let me take you back, remember the Rebellion that brought u...
3M 74.8K 63
"ATHENA GREY, WAS FOURTEEN WHEN SHE WON HER GAMES.." "FOURTEEN? IS SHE DANGEROUS?" "EXTREMELY..SHE RAN INTO THE CORNUCOPIA AND TOOK OUT TEN...