False Hope (Modern SasuSaku F...

By adlerskiyo

Three Uchiha Corporations around the world-Sakura Haruno works on one of them owned and supervised by Itachi... More

Chapter 1: Fired
Chapter 2: Job Hunting
Chapter 3: Hired
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: Steps To You
Chapter 6: To Remember
Chapter 7: Best Friends
Chapter 8: Nice To Meet You...Again
Chapter 9: Weekend With The Weasel
Chapter 10: A Welcome Present From Mr. Boss
Chapter 11: Dad Arrives
Chapter 12: Always Available, But Never Single
Chapter 13: He Finds Out
Chapter 14: Regaining The Memories
Chapter 15: A Wedding and an Apology
Chapter 16: I'm Sorry
Chapter 17: Confession
Chapter 18: That Girl
Chapter 19: Red
Chapter 20: Antagonist
Chapter 21: Just The Way You Are
Chapter 22: Official
Chapter 23: Sooner or Later
Chapter 24: Make Another Move
Chapter 25: That Day
Story On Hold!
Chapter 26: How's Life?
Chapter 27: Mistake
Chapter 28: Handful of Surprises
Chapter 30: Fools in Love
Chapter 30.2: Fools in Love
Chapter 30.3: Fools in Love
Chapter 31: Confrontation
S: Two Sides [pt.1]
N: Two Sides [pt.2]
Chapter 32: Tell Me
Chapter 33: Tell Her
Chapter 34: In The End
Chapter 35: Heal and Forgive
Finale
Epilogue: The Boy Who Regrets

Chapter 29: Onyx Clashing With Emerald

3K 145 163
By adlerskiyo

Successive droplets of rain continued to fall down until they reached the ground, making the surface more slippery. Clear liquid trickled down the glass window pane and soon enough, a small amount of fog was already visible on it due to the contrast of temperature.

It was raining hard. No one had expected this because of the uninterrupted sunshine for the past few days. It was as if the sky was crying real hard; loud thunder noises could be heard, resulting only a few people to wonder around the streets.

The sky was grey. It was hard to believe that it was just seven in the morning; the dark surroundings felt like the atmosphere during midnight.

"We're late," she sighed in frustration. "I really need to buy a car soon."

Sakura shrugged, "Do you even know how to drive?" She asked, raising an eyebrow in doubt. "But if you do, you should. Transportation would be a lot more easier at times like this. I mean, just look outside, I can't see a single taxi crossing."

"It's a good thing that we went here for coffee before the rain started to pour," Tenten replied, "and I'm still learning some driving lessons, I'm not that bad." She added, grabbing her warm drink from the transparent glass table. The brunette felt the heat of the cup, due to the fluid inside.

"Ah," the pink-headed woman nodded. "Is Itachi going to visit the company today?" She quizzed, hoping for a no, because Itachi didn't like late employees, and they would probably get in trouble by getting extra work.

"I hope not but probably yes."

Sakura groaned before sipping on her espresso, "The rain hasn't stopped yet."

"Stop thinking about tardiness, Sakura. Itachi isn't that bad," Tenten reasoned after throwing her now empty cup on the trash bin near their table. She hugged herself, momentarily fixing her I.D underneath her thick brown jacket. "He's always the cool and calm guy, right? I doubt that he'll get mad."

The pinkette rolled her eyes, I worked under him before, just so you know. She averted her gaze at the window, where there was fog, and wrote something against it using her index finger. The mist was created since there was a heater inside the coffee shop, a total contrast with the cold weather outside.

"You should stop writing Sasuke's name. Stop sulking and just focus on work." Tenten reprimanded when she saw what the pinkette was writing.

The latter tightly shut her eyes when she received that comment, "Let's just go." She announced, finishing her espresso and grabbing her umbrella afterwards. She gestured Tenten to stand up, aiming for the door.

Although it was still raining, the two desperately waited for an available cab to take them to the Uchiha Corp.

***

"Sir Naruto, someone is here to see you," the secretary stated, with a man following behind her.

The Uzumaki kept his gaze on the table, showing less interest but he flinched when he heard a familiar voice, almost thinking that his ears had deceived him. 

"Naruto."

The blond's head shot up and his cerulean eyes clashed with those usual, cold, charcoal ones. Naruto gestured at his secretary to leave for some privacy and the latter obeyed.

The Uzumaki pulled his mouth into a smirk while keeping his gaze at the man across, "It's been a while. Are you ready to explain everything?"

"It's not like anyone wondered why I left. Besides, it was only a short period of time."

A humorless laugh came out of Naruto, running a hand on his yellow locks. "...I just realized that you're still a jerk."

"Hn," the man rolled his eyes, "it's not like you're damn innocent."

"Innocent?" The other echoed, "Oh come on, Sasuke, is this about her?"

He didn't budge. He was still in his emotionless façade like always. Although, Naruto saw through him. He saw the burning anger under his mask. He saw that he was trying his best to apply self-control; he saw how hard he tries to act calm.

"Speak up, bastard," his smirk disappeared, taking a step forward to the expressionless male. "You have been gone for a long time and I expect you to have some good reasons."

Sasuke Uchiha stared into Naruto's blue orbs, with now a visible slight crease on his forehead. He parted his lips but before he could speak, a hand was tightly gripping on the collar of his dress shirt.

Naruto's hand was shaking in anger. He tried his best to control himself from beating the ravenette. He didn't want to create a commotion, however Sasuke was actually standing in front of him, his face still fucking blank. He didn't even exert some effort to actually state why he left, to apologize for leaving his friends, company, and lover behind.

It was almost as if he was telling Naruto that he doesn't shred a single care for those people who love him.

"Tell it to me right now, Sasuke," he said. "Give me your explanation."

The onyx-eyed male made no movements. He was quiet as he looked at Naruto's eyes that showed displeasure. Again, he parted his lips to speak and this time, the blond did not interrupt him.

"You..." Voice almost as a whisper but still audible, he stated directly, "You still love her, don't you?"

Naruto's heart stopped for a brief moment. His breathing became heavier, and his grasp on Sasuke's collar gradually loosened. The ravenette smirked, knowing he just proved himself right.

Sasuke's fingers traveled up to entirely remove the hand on his dress shirt, looking down on his friend, still with those dispassionate eyes.

"You still love her." He repeated, louder this time. "Isn't that why you're so mad? Isn't because I left her?"

No answer.

"You tell me, Naruto," Sasuke emphasized. "You love her, don't play with me―"

His sentence immediately got cut off when Naruto's fist reached his cheek, making him stumble back.

"Shut up!"

Even so, the blond's actions didn't surprise him, he didn't even feel a slight shock with that punch. He knew that he'll blow up in no time, he was provoking him after all.

The impassive look on his face remained, waiting for Naruto to speak up.

And he finally did. In a soft, gentle voice, he spoke.

"If I say yes, will she love me back?"

Tears blurred his vision. He knew very well that her loves her, but what changes would occur if he admits it? It was not as if she'd fall for him as well, because she loved another.

"Yes, Sasuke, I love her," Naruto confessed, looking up, "and it honestly fucking hurts that you left her. Do you know how much I want her to be mine?"

Still, he received no reply after that.

"How about you, Sasuke? Why would you push me to confess? Do you love her? Do you love Sakura?" He intentionally threw endless questions, searching for answers. "Because from what I see, you don't even care for her."

"Then she's all yours," Sasuke stated plainly, "Isn't that what you want to hear from me?"

Again, the Uzumaki landed a strong punch to Sasuke's face in aggravation.

"Bastard!" He yelled furiously, averting his eyes down where the onyx-eyed Uchiha fell down. "Is that what you really think of me?! You really think that I'm acting like this just to receive pity from you in order to get Sakura?! I know that I was never in your level, Sasuke, but goddamnit, I never thought that you think of me so lowly!"

Sasuke wiped the blood on his lip with the use of his hand, looking up at the blond wordlessly.

"And to think that I let Sakura free just to end up with someone like you, who couldn't even wipe her tears when she was crying! Now, you're just giving her away? Just what kind of person are you?!"

Tears continued to stream down his face. Naruto couldn't digest the fact that Sakura's lover could just give her away to another man. What if the pinkette heard his words? She'd cry, and his heart couldn't take it. The sight of her weeping felt like his heart was painfully being squeezed.

"She cries, Sasuke. Even if she doesn't show it, even if she acts strong," he continued in a soft voice, "she still needs you. She needs your hug, your kisses, your comfort, your warmth, your love. Sakura loves you. Very, very much."

Slowly, Sasuke stood up without breaking his eye-contact with Naruto, "Stop saying that name." He ordered.

"What's happening to you?" The Uzumaki asked with wide eyes. "Why are you acting like this? Why-"

"I don't want to hear any bullshit about that girl anymore."

"She is your girlfriend, you bastard!"

Exhaling sharply, the ravenette looked away, "I just played with her. You should have realized that by now."

Sasuke turned around right after he said those words, finally planning to go to the Uchiha Corporation.

Naruto imagined Sakura's reaction upon seeing the raven-haired male. Obviously, he turned cold for some reason, and he showed less interest with the pinkette. The crying image of Sakura sent explainable pain to Naruto's chest; he didn't want her to weep again, especially now- he knew that Sasuke will not be there for her anymore.

***

It was approximately seven-forty when the yellow cab stopped in front of a huge building. Two persons dressed in office attires came out, heading inside it.

"I hate it when it rains," Tenten complained. The rain finally stopped, although the streets were still extremely wet.

"Let's just pray that Itachi is not here," Sakura commented, glancing at her friend.

Both of them walked in silence, aiming for the elevator but they soon halted when they saw the employees gathering into one spot. In curiosity, they marched towards the location, confused.

"Hey, what's going on-" Tenten was cut off when the crowd fell silent and slightly moved away to the other sides, making the middle spot visible.

No way.

Sakura gasped at the sight, her heart throbbing faster.

And at that moment, onyx eyes clashed with emerald ones.

Even though they looked cold and dull, she knew that they didn't belong to Itachi.

*****

A/N

Happy Holidays in advance everyone! Have a blessed Christmas! ❤️

~PBPink

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 1.3K 14
"Naruto!" Sasuke gasped. "Have you seen Sakura?" "That's..." Kakashi cut Naruto off with his hand, waving him down. "That's actually why we came he...
206K 6.1K 18
The war has ended, but nothing is as it should be. Team 7 is always busy and never see each other. Then they are sent on a mission to the Land of Win...
86.2K 2.8K 36
There was a girl named Sakura Haruno who was the happiest girl in the village, her smile could brighten any day, every boy had an interest in her, in...
2.4K 55 2
● PLEASE READ THE FIRST BOOK FIRST CALLED "THEIR PINK SECREATARY" BEFORE READING THIS!!! OneShot ||Sequel to TPS|| ||Completed|| ☆ This story is cent...