Stay With Me Forever

By happyreaderNish776

Ashley Sanders is a divorcee who is trying to make a life for herself and her teenage son while trying to kee... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 4

2.1K 111 3
By happyreaderNish776

I spent the weekend relaxing. I did my choas, spent quality time catching up with my son, watched Netflix, and caught up on the gossip with Mrs Evans.

Monday rolled in way too soon, and I was back, sitting behind my desk, sipping coffee - which was nowhere near as good as my mocha -finishing all my work before Mr Carlton returned the next day.

Since he wasn't here, I had the whole office area all to myself. Each executive had their own areas, which were like separate rooms. The secretaries sat in the outer rooms but still had their privacy from other executive's offices. They all look identical except that the two partners had larger offices.

I got interrupted from my work when Mr. Richard's secretary walked into my office. I looked up, surprised at seeing her here.

"Hey Ashley, how are you enjoying your free day from the boss." She asked in an overly friendly voice.

My head tipped to the side as I looked at her perplexed. She had never come by ever before and especially not on a social visit.

"It's going good. I'm just completing some pending work. What brings you here, Jenna?" I asked her politely, pushing my glasses up higher on my nose. I don't normally need glasses. I just need it when reading. I wear them to work. It helps to create a barrier between me and other people.

"Well.." She began, licking her lips and giving out a nervous laugh. "I have something that I need you to give Mr Carlton." She said. She wouldn't meet my eyes, as she fidgeted nervously on her feet.

"Ok... something related to a case?" I asked, wondering why she had to be nervous about delivering a case file or something.

"No..ummm..this is personal. " She told me, as she looked down at her feet.

My eyes widened in surprise, and I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out, so it was left open.

She hurriedly came forward, giving me a slip of paper folded in half. "Don't read that! And keep it on Mr Carlton's desk for him tomorrow morning," and then she was gone. Just like that. Leaving me staring at the folded paper in my hand, still with my mouth open.

Oh God. I really hope Jenna hadn't taken an interest in Mr Carlton. Giving me the letter to pass it to him puts me in the middle of this. What do I do? Should I throw it? No. That won't be right. It's his call, not mine. I will just give this one and let him decide what I should do if she sends any more.

Deciding on that, I put the paper in my drawer and went back to work.

........

The next day, I came into the office at my usual time. I got back my car and enjoyed driving Liam to school and was even able to get my mocha before I came to work. Oh, how I had missed my favorite mocha while my car was out of service. It was too far and out of the way for me to walk there each morning.

I made Mr. Carlton's coffee and took it to his office, not forgetting the little note that Jenna had given.

I put his coffee in its usual place and wondered where to keep the note. As soon as I placed it on the desk, it flew off.

I huffed in annoyance as I went around the desk searching for it. Couldn't Jenna have written it on a bigger paper for God's sake.

I couldn't find it anywhere, so I went under the table, searching underneath its drawers. As my hand touched a piece of paper, I gave a triumphant, "Yes!" Pulling it out, only to get startled by a deep, velvety voice calling my name, making me lift my head in a hurry and bang it underneath the table.

"Ouch!" I yelped.

"Are you alright?" Asked the oh so sexy, deep voice in a worried tone.

"Yeah.." I said weakly, rubbing my head as I tried coming out from underneath the table.

I was seeing stars and was feeling dizzy, so I didn't open my eyes. A hand held my elbows, guiding me towards a chair helping me to sit. The hand felt around my head to see if it had a bump, but finding none, it kept softly stroking my head, easing the pain.

When I felt a little better, I slowly opened my eyes and tried to focus. My curls had come undone, and one strand was now in my face annoying me, so I puffed out a breath, blowing it away before I focused on my surroundings.

My eyes widened, realising I was behind my bosses desk and I was sitting on his chair. Horrified, I turned to the culprit who put me there only to realize it was my boss himself, and he was still stroking my head gently.

Letting out a gasp in horror, I leaped out of his chair, which was a big mistake, as the room started turning, making me sway on my feet.

"Woah! Are you ok?" He asked as he held on to me.

We were so close that the wonderful musky smell of him was all around me, making my insides quiver.

His touch was electrifying, sending shock waves down my arms from where he was holding me. I felt excitement and comfort at the same time, but these feelings were very, very bad for me, when I felt it because of him, I thought as I tried moving away from him.

But when I tried moving, he held on, making me look up at him. I blinked, trying to clear my vision so I could focus on his face, but then I wished I hadn't.

His eyes were full of concern as he looked down at me, searching my face.

My breath hitched in my throat, forgetting how to breathe. He was just too gorgeous up close. I licked my lips, preventing myself from drooling at the sight of him.

I mean, this is ridiculous, really. I am supposed to be a grown woman with a teenage son. But I am acting like I am my son's age, getting horny by just looking at the beautiful specimen in front of me. I mentally face palmed myself, groaning on the inside.

"Are you ok?" He asked again, interrupting my thoughts.

"Uh huh..." I answered distractedly.

"You should be more careful. What were you doing down there anyway?" He asked, his voice was a mixture of concern and amusement, making me frown, not seeing what was so funny about it.

I huffed out in annoyance as my curls kept getting in my face. My arms were still trapped in his hands. He let go of one arm only to brush off the strands of hair off my face, himself, and tucking them behind my ear.

I stared at him, shocked. I was wondering what was up with him. For a man who likes to be professional in his office, he was sure being very touchy with his secretary today.

"You didn't answer my question." He said quietly.

"What question?" I asked distractedly.

"Why were you under my desk?"

I blinked, coming to reality at his question. Yes, why was I under there. My eyes widened as I remembered.

I looked at him nervously as I brought out my hand, showing him the piece of paper, now slightly crumpled, having been forgotten, in my hand.

He frowned in confusion as he took the paper, his frown deepening, as he read what was on it, his expression turning into annoyance. He glanced up from the paper, asking, "What's this?"

"I don't know Mr Carlton. Jenna gave it to me, saying to keep it on your desk for only you to read."

"And you decided you would follow her orders without question?" He asked in annoyance.

"Well.. I did feel it's inappropriate to be passing personal notes to your boss, but I felt that it wasn't my call to just throw it in the dustbin. At least not until you knew about it."

He nodded, understanding. " Ok, then throw that in the dustbin." He said, handing the note to me. "And throw out whatever else she sends." He said, turning towards his desk and sitting in his chair, like he was dismissing me.

I was about to leave when he took his cup of coffee, placing it against his lips, making me gasp.

He paused with his coffee still by his lips, his gray eyes looking at me questioningly.

"It must be cold now, sir! Let me make you another one." I said, reaching for the cup. He moved it away from my grasp, making me look at him in surprise.

He took a sip before saying, " it's alright. It tastes fine, " making me sigh in relief. " besides, " he continued, " I much prefer the change in routine and the scene I walked into rather than the usual.

I raised my brows in question, but he only brushed me off with a wave of his arm, his face full of amusement, like he was having an inside joke with himself.

With one last confused look at him, I walked out of his office, sitting down at my desk to start my day...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 387 60
Iris Moore, she kind but cold, caring but quiet. With an abusive father, two sisters to raise and a group of friends to keep happy, she struggles to...
741K 23.3K 33
Madison Sweeney was well prepared to spend her life alone with her three children after her hateful relationship came to a crashing end. She never ex...
3.4M 94.9K 67
"Stay away from me I'm not the man for you understand" how did this change to this "I can't live without her", read to figure out this one of a kind...
428K 11.9K 66
He raised an eyebrow at me and smirked. What the hell. Have you ever wondered, what goes through someone's head? Yeah, me too. I swear he's insane. H...