Requiem - Michaeng [ENG]

بواسطة Luuh493

Myoui Mina is a multi-millionaire heiress who, after being pushed out of her life against her will for an ent... المزيد

Back For Good PT.1
Back For Good PT.2
Happy misfortunes
Chaeyoung
Looks Can Be Deceiving
Heredity
In Good Company
Safe Harbor
Elevator
Rediscovering
A Night To Remember
Slow Steps
Love Countdown PT.1
Love Countdown PT.2
Hate you, Chaeyoung
Good News
Damn, You're Beautiful
Different Realities
Best Of Three
Disappointment
Maybe It's Love
Mine
Starting Something New
Use Your Imagination
All Of Me
Here Comes Trouble
Yesterday's fears
The Little Big Things PT.1
Special Chaeyoung PT.1
Special Chaeyoung Pt.2
Special Chaeyoung Pt.3
The Next Morning
The Little Big Things PT.2
Nayeon
Shock Treatment
The Purpose
Order
You Don't Know Me
Old Days PT.1
Old Days PT.2
A Reason to Live
True Me
Love Is A Battlefield
No More Drama
The Peace That I Find
Strike One
Surprise

Questions

116 8 0
بواسطة Luuh493

- What?! - Momo almost screamed with indignation when she saw me get in the car. - I can't believe you're going there, Mina.

- I have to go. – I closed the door and she lowered herself resting her arms on the space without glass.

- You just fainted! You weren't even able to walk properly and you still want to drive? Stop playing crazy and go upstairs, take a shower, eat something and lie down.

- Momo, I need to go.

- No, you don't! - she screamed causing my head to snap in pain. - What does this girl want anyway? Why did she decide to come here?

- I have no idea, and for that exact reason I need to go.

She snorted, lowering her head for a moment, letting out a loud sigh. I know she's disappointed in me, I really didn't expect her to understand my situation, but things with Nayeon were a bit complicated and I couldn't risk it.

- If you die on the way, don't call me. - Her eyes met mine full of concern. She was serious, but the smile I broke was inevitable.

- I'll be fine, I've done worse, remember? - I placed my hands over hers, squeezing them in a certain type of certification.

In fact I was scared. After so long, why this right now?

- Please don't remind me of that time. You might think it's funny now that it's over, but each time was a huge struggle to me.

- I'm sorry for being inconsequential. - She shrugged, walking away.

- Have you at least warned Chaeyoung about this?

- No. - I said right away. - And you can't say that to her.

- Why not?

- She already has enough problems, I don't want to burden her with nonsense. We don't even know how serious it is.

- Nonsense? Mina did you forget last time? Nonsense is peeing in bed, spitting while talking. This is serious.

- I know, I know - I sighed. She was right about everything, but I couldn't tell Chaeyoung like that. I needed more time. - But I'm feeling better now, it was just because of the unexpected exercise.

- How stubborn you are, for God's sake. - Momo seemed extremely irritated with the situation and I couldn't feel worse. Inside I agreed with her, but things weren't so simple. - I'll not say anything. But if something happens to you, I'll kill you.

I forced a smile in silent thanks and my phone rang on the seat next to me, the picture of Chaeyoung's eyes on the screen.

- Shit. - I muttered, not sure about what to do.

- You won't answer? It can be that little bitch.

- It's not her, it's Chaeyoung. - Momo quickly grew her eyes towards me in anticipation. - I told her I'd be back early. I can't talk to her right now.

- Why not?

- Because she will know there's something wrong. - I cast a pleading look as my mouth twisted.

- No, don't even ask me. - she anticipated waving her hands.

- Momoring, please. If she calls you, tell her I ended up with a stomach ache because of something I ate and went to bed early, I don't know.

- I won't lie to Chaeyoung. Don't get me into this.

- Momo! - I flared up in despair. - Please, just this once.

She looked at me for a few seconds. I could feel her thoughts splitting, it was almost possible to see the discussion going on inside her head. Her eyes betrayed discomfort as her hands went back and forth through her hair. Please Momo, I really need you to help me now, I pleaded mentally. I hated myself for asking this, but it was necessary.

- I hate you, never ask me this again. - Her hand hit the car and then she went inside the building.

I blew the air out of my lungs and started the car. I crossed the city quickly, anxious to know what Nayeon was doing here. We were great friends when I was in high school in Korea, but some events ended up pushing us apart and I preferred to keep things that way.

Nayeon was the popular type of person, she knew everyone, she was loved by everyone, she knew the best parties, and how to have a good time. Who wouldn't want to be her friend? Me. I had no interest in becoming intimate with these types of people, but she caught me at my lowest point. No love, no affection, no hopes and no care. That's how I was dragged into her world and made my way to where I am today. If I regretted it? I don't know. It was hard to think much when you remembered so little.

I stopped the car at the exit gate of the arrivals area and there she was, exactly as I remembered: head up and wry smile.

- Look who grew up in life - she exclaimed as soon as I got out of the car opening her arms and walking towards me. - In fact, you were always rich, you just didn't have a license yet.

I smiled into her tight embrace. Maybe I was a little happy to see her.

- Hi, Nayeon!

- I missed you... - Her statement came out more sincere than I expected, leaving me even more confused. My mouth opened to give her an answer, but the voice didn't make it past my throat, just a weak sigh against her ear. - So many years and you haven't been able to call me even once.

We let go slowly and our gazes met for an instant. She still had that cheerful sparkle in them, a certain kind of sincerity and purity that you didn't find in her actions. But one look was enough and in that moment I understood that she had, indeed, missed me.

- I'm not going to say I'm sorry about that, because I'm not. - she smiled. - But I'm glad to see you.

- So you're still the same. - My pocket lit up, drawing our attention. I could tell it was Chaeyoung through the fabric of my pants, I just slipped my hand into my pocket, refusing the call. - What happened to you?

I looked down at my clothes and only then did I remember that I should have changed before I came here, I was still covered in mud.

- I was playing softball when you called me.

- And then came straight to get me, what a thoughtful friend. – Nayeon patted me on the shoulder and made her way inside the car. I shook my head, picking up a single bag that I thought was hers and taking it with me into the car.

- Where's the rest of your stuff? - I asked as soon as I got in the car. She glanced at me quickly and then back at the dashboard. She seemed quite amused by it.

- In your hands, silly.

- You only brought this? - Her eyebrows rose and her head bobbed up and down slowly. I hated when she responded to me with movements, they were even more cynical than her words. - How long will you stay here?

- A few days.

- Why?

- Solve some things.

I rolled my eyes and slammed her hand off the sound buttons, startling her.

- Please. What did you come here for? - I asked seriously making her take a deep breath, her eyes wandering around before meeting mine.

- Why don't you start telling me where you were last year? - I flinched a bit at her words and she seemed to notice as she raised her eyebrows again.

- What do you mean? - she laughed derisively.

- Please, all the news are talking about Mina Myoui's touching return to support her father's campaign. - She rolled her eyes. We really are alike.

- Then you should know that I was on a vacation trip. - I smiled back, resuming my usual attitude.

- That's what they said, but I didn't quite believe it. I'd rather hear it from your mouth.

- Now it's confirmed then. - I replied starting the car and my cell phone rang again, this time more visible to her eyes. I tried to pick it up, but before I could, Nayeon came forward taking it in her hands and staring at the screen.

- Uh, whose eyes are those? Who is Chaeng? - she joked and I took it back refusing the call again. Had Momo already spoken to her?

- It's none of your business.

- Wow, okay.

- Where are we going, Nayeon?

- Well, I was planning to count on you to give me a space while I'm here - I laughed out loud with her poker face, definitely she was still the same. - I know I'm hilarious.

- I can't help you with that one, I'm living with a friend.

- Can't you even get me a sofa? - I looked at her seriously and she threw her hands up. - Ok, I got it. So I need a hotel, nothing too expensive.

- What happened to your riches?

- Let's say that now I've been thinking better about my expenses.

I didn't quite understand what she meant by that, but I decided not to ask either. I left the airport thinking of somewhere to take her that wasn't close to any of the girls' apartment and that would meet her requirements. The whole way we went in silence, now and then Nayeon would play with the radio looking for some music, but then she would turn her attention to the city that passes by us outside.

My eyes flickered up to her silhouette every now and then, curious. I still didn't know her real reason for coming and I couldn't insist, since I would be giving her credit for doing the same as just now.

- You still have unconditional love for CNBLUE, don't you? - she broke the silence unexpectedly.

- It's not unconditional love, but I still like the songs.

- Please, you went crazy when we talked about them and if it was something bad you could kill someone.

- Not even.

- No? Remember that time that girl Yeji spilled her drink on your favorite Yonghwa shirt? I've never seen you so red, you looked like dynamite ready to explode at any moment. - I laughed at the memory.

- I've never been so pissed as I was that day.

- If it weren't for the boys she would be without some teeth today. You were completely crazy.

- All because of a damn shirt... - I shook my head thinking how stupid I was back then. - Missing the time when the biggest of my problems was a stained shirt.

There was silence again after my statement. I felt the mood change and I mentally regretted having done this.

- How are you? - there was the trace of concern in her voice. At some point, she might convince me that she still cared.

- I'm not fretting over shirts anymore, that's for sure. - She smiled along with me, shaking her head.

- I meant with your family. Are you already getting along with them or should I not believe the news? - We got into a delicate matter. I knew this would happen, I was just hoping I was closer to the hotel at the time.

- Not much has changed since Korea, we're just more separated and I became independent.

- Is Akira still a son of a bitch?

- More than ever.

- Worse than before, huh?

I sighed slowly and she went back to watching the other side of the window. I don't know why I told her this, I shouldn't be opening my life to her, but as always, this thing inside of me was telling me to give her one more chance. The question is, could I ever trust her again?

We arrived at the hotel and Nayeon gave it a grim look from inside the car. It wasn't five stars, but it should be fine.

- Seriously? - she glared at me. I flashed a smile unlocking the doors and heard her snort.

- It's not that bad, the rooms are good and if you don't like it there are others out there.

She opened her mouth, but my phone interrupted us again.

- This girl must be very jealous. - I took the device in my hands, but this time there was my father's name on the screen. I pinched my brows in confusion, since when did we talk like that often? - Something wrong?

- It's my father calling. - I accepted the call and brought the phone to my ear. Nayeon gathered her things quickly, threw me a kiss and got out of the car.

- Mina? - Akira called from the other side turning my attention to him again.

- Yes?

- Did you two like the warehouse?

You two?

- How do you know I was there? - I threw my body against the bench crossing my arms and frowning waiting for his answer. What is happening?

- Well, it's been some time since I gave you the key, I thought you went there already. Since you didn't call me, I decided to call.

- The place is good, but I still don't understand why you gave it to me.

- Again, they were going to knock it down. I thought in your hands it would be put to better use. - His voice was calm and showed no nervousness. But I couldn't trust him that easily, my father is a businessman, he is a Myoui. - I thought about helping you renovate it, make it your way...

- And what do you get out of it?

- You would come to work for me here at the company. - I laughed.

- No, thank you. I prefer to do it alone. - I could heard him sigh on the other side.

- And how do you intend to do that? I want to help you.

- And why suddenly you worry about me?

- I always worried about you. - His voice came out on a sigh, but it didn't work. He wasn't going to soften me up at all, the wounds were there to remind me never to trust him again.

- A little too late for that, isn't it? - I hung up on him and stared at the phone screen in my hands.

A doubt hit my chest making me thoughtful, maybe he was serious. But I couldn't feel bad about treating him that way, it was more than automatic, it was normal. Akira Myoui wasn't synonymous with good in my dictionary and it wouldn't be so easy that I would change my mind.

[...]

- Are you going to continue without talking to me? - I asked already bothered by Momo's silence, we came all the way to the college in an uncomfortable mood. - I'm sorry, okay?

- How was it yesterday? Was all the lying worth it?

- Actually yes. I still don't know why Nayeon came here, but I'll find out – Momo rolled her eyes, stopping at the door of her classroom. - But my father called me yesterday and I was quite intrigued.

- Why?

- He asked if I liked the warehouse.

- Wow, very suspicious. – Momo sounded weird. She doesn't usually seem disinterested when it comes to my father.

- Yes, but more suspicious than that is that he said "You two". How did he know I was accompanied?

- He said that? - I shook my head in confirmation and she finally seemed to understand what I was saying. - Maybe there were cameras there.

- But the place was not his. It doesn't make sense...

Momo sighed heavily, leaning against the wall.

- Anyway, what are you going to do with Nayeon? - I looked up at her, resuming my attention.

- I don't know, I'll let her come try something. I'm not in the mood to run after trouble when they know exactly how to find me.

- Good morning, girls! – Sana arrived greeting us with the biggest smile in the world, but we didn't return the right amount. - What's going on?

- Nothing.

– Nayeon is in New York.

We said at the same time. Sana scolded me for lying and I did the same to Momo.

- Nayeon? What is she doing here? - I huffed rubbing my hands over my face, I couldn't take the same question anymore.

- I don't know.

- Mina, you need to keep your distance from her. - Sana warned me holding my arms.

- Too late, yesterday she went to pick her up at the airport. - Sana widened her eyes and I snorted again.

- Can you stop this, please?! - Momo rolled her eyes. Most likely she was trying to make up for the lie I made her tell yesterday.

- Why did you go there to get her late at night, Mina? – Sana was harsh and I already knew that a scolding was coming.

- Get who? - Chaeyoung asked appearing beside me along with Dahyun.

My heart sped up in despair. All eyes were on me expectantly, and even though they weren't burning me with hers, Chaeyoung was the one bothering me the most there. Shit, shit, shit.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

32.7K 1.3K 34
Myoui Mina a 34 years old widow business woman from States visits Korea for her best friend's Park Jihyo's wedding. Unexpectedly she'll meet her b...
45.7K 1.3K 12
Two girls living complete opposite lives meet under rare circumstances. Im Nayeon is a cold hearted idol, who feigns innocence and is loved by many;...
435K 16.1K 59
Chaeyoung runs away from her Mafia home but encounters Mina, daughter of the boss of a mafia. Started: Nov. 3, 2019 Ended: Nov. 10, 2019
Wine بواسطة Vi

قصص الهواة

347K 14.1K 50
A living tsundere, Son Chaeyoung, who thinks she is straight and in love with her childhood friend, Park Jinyoung. Her world turned upside down encou...