One Way: Find the Destiny

By Chimera_Regarion

One second that is all it takes to know something is wrong. It is that one second that the heart stops beatin... More

Prologue
~ 2 ~ : I am doomed!
~3~: Something to remember...
~4~: Quite the situation
~5~: Don't be suspicious!
~6~: First impressions matter!
~7~: What a maid...
~8~: This Girl is crazy!!!
~9~: Meet the brothers
~10~: Jealousy over abilities
~11~: Freaking names...
~12~: The story behind the duke family
~13~: Fancy.. Very Fancy...
~14~: A strange child
~15~: My new servant
~16~: Shortcut
~17~: Favorite!
~18~: The start of the festival!
~19~: Build different
~20~: On the hit list
~21~: A sleeping dragon
~22~: Dragons and Wizards...
~23~ Too many questions!
~24~: A quiet life or not?
~25~: Silent War!
~26~: Hidden in the attack!
~27~: Meet the prince!
~28~: Things will change...
~29~: An auspicious oracle
~30~: Escape!
~31~: Rumors
~32~ Mysterious Doctor - all healer - a true angel...
~33~: That one kid... no way...
~34~: New Saint treatment.... INSANE!
~35~: Welcome to the church!
~36~: This was to be expected!
~37~: What to do....No where to hide!
~38~: What happened...
~39~: On the same boat
~40~: Let the distraction begin!
~41~: A true Saintess!
~42~: Area Heal
~43~: Sent by the heavens
~44~: ... What are you doing here?!
~45~: At the banquet
~46~: Help Request
~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!
~48~: The start of the war
~49~: The mages arrival
~50~: The warside...everything is possible!
~51~: Leading the way!
~52~: When the dragon arrives!
~53~: Battle of the giants
~54~: A god?
~55~: Closure for families!
~56~: One last mission!
~57~: Peace Talks
~58~: Talks were never an option....
~59~: For a better future!
~60~: The mind is a strange thing

~1~ : Something is not right

103 9 3
By Chimera_Regarion

Was now a good time to panic?

Probably!

As I came to myself or more like woke up from what I thought was a quick nap of falling asleep while actually studying for an exam, turned out to be something completely else. I didn't know where I was but oh boy! It was definitely not pleasant to wake up with my skin touching the cold ground. Scratch that, it was not just the ground aka dirt but it was actually raining. It was damn cold and it was wet.

If the thunder didn't wake me up, then what else?

You know what the scariest thing by now was?

It was not that I was on the ground but the matter of fact that I didn't know for how long I was actually there. I was in a goddamn unknown place and decided to just sleep on the ground. HAH! Good job new me! Well not that I knew what was going on at all.

What....

Where?

What is going on?

Rain?

How can there be rain?

I must be sleeping....

In fact I just woke up and the more I came to myself the more I started to realize in what situation I was actually in. It was so ridiculous that I started laughing soo badly at the spot the moment I saw the rain coming down. I felt it's cold touch to my skin. I felt the cold wind picking up and giving me a bone chilling shiver. I felt everything and let me tell you it felt real, too real for a dream.

This is a nightmare!

A vivid dream!

This can't be reality!

Maybe if I pinch myself, I will wake up?

Yeah, well even pinching didn't help cause that was the first thing I tried to do. The pain was real. Even if the pain was real, how could I deny this coldness? Was a vivid dream supposed to feel this chilly? I am not quite sure. I don't think that I should feel this much. Though I was seriously no expert when it came to the theory behind everything that our brain could come up with. I was not a mayor in the course of brainfuckery oh wait I mean mindshitting. Ah I still didn't get it right. I meant psychology or anything that had to do with a neuronal system.

Maybe I was wrong because I was a mayor in software design. So I knew a bit about artificial intelligence and all but that was by far not giving me the right to say I was an expert when it came to matters of the brain. Then again artificial intelligence was just something else but still cool nonetheless. I would prefer it over the mind since it was logical and made a decision based on a set of actually predetermined set of examples. It was learning but it was learning in a way a human was controlling it.

This however was soo not controllable.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Before I knew it, I closed my eyes again before laughing out loud. Who knows what I was thinking by doing this. Could anyone blame me though? I just woke up laying on the ground and facing the sky. To top it off the thunder was quite loud and it was raining buckets!

Yeah, just lucky me.

Where the heck am I?

This is soo not a dream!

Is this what they call reincarnation?

No, was that thing not about dying first?

I've read soo many stories in my life that I was quite familiar with the terms of transmigration and reincarnation. However all the times the main character would actually die in some way or another before traveling to the other world. There was not a single book where reincarnation would be done without that.

I refuse to believe that I died!

I was just studying!

How is that possible?

NAH!

I don't believe that!

How should I have died?

A book killed me?

Letter came and attacked me?

Me: Pfff-hahaha... yeah as if I just died because of studying too much.

It was only now that I realized that my voice was definitely not my own and that it actually was a lot higher and softer. In fact it sounded as if I was a child. Was this really it? Could it be that I was back to being a child once again. Who in their right mind would then send a child into a forest or abandon them? Ah I was just jumping to conclusions before knowing the whole story yet. Hasty and not logical of me. I knew better than that. If all my books taught me one thing then that would be not to be this hasty.

However I couldn't help it.

This was just way too ridiculous.

Now putting my hands up to the sky, I could see my small hands and this was such a confirmation, that there was no denying it anymore. It was not my body. If anything I should have been a university student and not a child. Nothing against being young. I had nothing against getting back a bit of my childhood. I spent way too much time studying and trying to prove that I could get what I want with hard work as well as deal with all that homework that the tyrannic teacher would give us, to not have a proper childhood.

That was normal where I came from. So I was quite fine with it. After all, a child would go to school with 6 years of age and after that it was just about studying and being better than others. We would get compared to each other in school no matter what. At least my home was not like that. I was being accepted the way I was.

Come to think about it...

Why am I even here?

I didn't die for sure!

You can't tell me dying from studying too hard is a solid reason to die.

No!

I refuse to believe that.

Then if it is not reincarnation... then maybe this is summoning?

But wouldn't my whole body get summoned like that?

Maybe something went wrong?

A glitch or a bug in the system?

Does the world even work like this?

No matter how hard I was thinking about this, it wasn't making any sense. The more I was even thinking about it, the less I believed that I was actually dead. Then maybe this was actually a dream. No, this couldn't be it either. Then what was this?

While I was actually thinking and trying soo hard not to completely start panicking, I suddenly heard some branch snapping. It had me immediately looking to the side. There was nothing. Just to be safe, I tried to stand up and that was when I saw that this body had some serious injuries. However as I was looking down on myself, I could tell that I had quite some fancy clothes on.

What is this?

A dress.... lolita style?

No...

Something is wrong!

This looks like one of these gowns but like a child version of it.

Then does that mean I am from a wealthy family?

Wait.

Why did I immediately think about wealth?

There is nothing here?!

If I would be wealthy then why was I here?

Why was I covered in blood?

My body isn't hurt?! Is it?

I could feel some pain coming from my arms but when I looked at them, there was no wound at all. Now that I was actually standing and looking at my body, I couldn't see any wounds but I could feel the pain. It was as if it was some lingering pain from an injury or even phantom pain.

Suddenly an idea popped in my mind.

I was already in the rain. It was a forest and the ground was not even. What were the odds of actually finding a puddle to see how I was looking? Maybe I would know where I was? The chances were after all high, that this was a situation like it was covered in soo many fantasy books. A character getting summoned, sent or reincarnated into another world. A world that was inside a book or a game. I so hoped that this was inside a book because if it was the later then I was doomed. However was it not common that the character in question which got summoned would know that?

Then what about me?

Why was I actually in the rain?

Slowly I started looking around and there was indeed nothing. No luggage, no bag, no family, no house, no blood, nothing. There was not a single hint about anyone who could have passed here or would know me or any hints about who I was or where I was.

This has to be a joke....

This can't be real!

Though I probably should accept this reality...

Yeah as if!

How can I accept this?!

I had a life!

I was about to get started on it as well!

This was quite the frustrating situation but I was holding on to the belief that I could handle the situation. The truth was different. I knew it already. I was trying to lie to myself and it was not working. I tried to reassure myself that everything was okay and I could handle it. In fact, I knew nothing about anything right now and it was making me scared. I was all alone in this goddamn forsaken place. What was I supposed to do? Was there not always some kind of help for the transmigrator?

Thankfully it was not hard to find a small puddle of water on the ground and as I was walking towards it, I could finally see myself in it. I had golden eyes with a hint of red in it. It was in fact just a red circle around on the edge but for the main part, my eyes were a completely golden color. If I didn't know it better I would have said there were some kind of precious crystal because of how they looked.

Then there was my dress. As cute as it was, it was completely covered in blood. I had some cut marks on it and there were some sides which were torn but overall it looked expensive and from a fine material. The fact that it was bloody should scare me but I found it more scary that I didn't have any injuries and yet the dress was in this kind of situation.

Of course I couldn't help it but grin at my own reflection. What was up with this reflection? I had completely white hair to top it off as well with a hint of a blonde strike at the end. They were also long and really soft looking.

This picture perfect person was not me.

Worse!

I didn't know any book with such a main character nor side character! I totally didn't know a single character with such a cute look.

Lastly, I couldn't help it anymore.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-ha...."

I am doomed!

Who am I supposed to be?

Who is this girl?

Oh dear lord, I didn't even know if I was in a novel. From what I knew so far, which was nothing, I could just be in another world! Were there not enough shows about this? Was I fated to be doomed? Who knows but I was for sure not gonna give up nor was I about to give into the so-called fate. I was the one who was writing my own history!

I stayed there for who knows how long but I could tell that I was all alone. I didn't know a single thing and I couldn't remember anything but was it important? What counted was the here and now. That meant I needed to do something right now. Panicking wouldn't solve anything at all. It was really important to get my mind clear and continue on. Otherwise I might die here.

Who knows what would happen when I would die. No one could guarantee me that I would get back to where I belonged. Then there was also the fact that I didn't really want to go back because who wanted to go back and study for a damn exam with that much insane amount of material?! I wasn't tired of life yet! However on the other hand, I still had family and I missed being together in a warm and sweet home.

Screw this!

I need to get my shit together!

First I should find something to take cover!

I don't wanna die!

I am already drenched and cold.

Probably gonna have a fever but till then I need to find a safe place!

I really hated it right now. I needed some kind of information. My brain demanded it. Of course like everyone else I wanted to assess this situation but that was impossible with what I knew. The more I was thinking the more my survival instinct kicked in. The rain was bad and there was really nothing I could do about it anyways.

So without much of any other choice, I started to walk around the forest. Come to think about it, it was pouring down but there was no sound other than the rain. This forest was eerily silent.

There was not a single animal that I have seen so far or heard. Of course I remember that branch snapping but it could have been the thunder as well. For what I knew it could also be the wind breaking a branch. No matter what it was, I was certainly not about to break my mind over it. There were more important things to do.

Without any kind of hints to where I was going, I started wandering aimlessly. No matter where I looked there was really nothing, just trees around. Not a single bit of civilization could be seen.

Wow... .

Am I really that lucky?

Every reincarnation show and transmigration book always starts in some kind of city or a room... .

And what's with this?

I am in the middle of nowhere!

Did someone curse me?

What the hell?!

I deserve the same treatment!

This is just unfair!

Why do I have to land in the forest and not in a room?

Why couldn't I just wake up in a bed or something?

That would make things soo much better!

More and more I was starting to talk with myself in my mind. There wasn't much else I could do after all I was lost here. No matter how I looked at this situation something was fishy! A wealthy looking kid being abandoned in the rain and more importantly in a forest! Hah what a joke, why would someone do that? Well... the thing was... I knew I was definitely not in a timeline where there are smartphones or computers or the internet. What I was wearing was something that looked like it was straight out of a historical museum or a movie cast set. At this point I wished this was all a joke or a prank and I got somehow, don't even ask how, into a movie set or this being a simple nightmare!

The chances of that were slim and I knew it.

Reality already knocked at my front door and gave me the gist of everything. Yeah as if I would let reality in and tell me the impossible and unthinkable but well... it still found a way in. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 928 29
A/N: Had a bout of inspiration; may edit and then republish some time later after finishing writing another story, since I'm more focused on my other...
338K 18.3K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
3.8K 162 26
I'm Yamato Kusuo! A former 19 year old college student. I was told by some sketchy gods I went into a coma. Don't ask me I don't remember why.. I was...
59.8K 2.3K 30
Ezra has no motivation for anything. Whether it's about his studies, health, parents, friends, siblings, pets, or... himself. Forced by his family, h...