The Cover Girls (A One Direct...

By MyOwnSelf

Figuring out who you are is never easy. It's a labyrinth, one that you constantly feel alone and lost in. It'... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Look Who's Knocking
Chapter 2 - Soapy Bubbles
Chapter 3 - No One Beats The Queen of Dance
Chapter 4 - Collarbones and Cups
Chapter 5 - Not So Sweet Goodbye
Chapter 6 - Here For You
Chapter 7 - It's ALWAYS A Good Time
Chapter 8 - The House Of April
Chapter 9 - Augustus Waters... 'Nuff Said
Chapter 10 - Russia: The Pancake Country
Chapter 11 - Video Diary Week 131
Chapter 13 - Tonight Tonight
Chapter 14 - Sleepyhead
Chapter 15 - Let's Take A Trip
Chapter 16 - Animal House
Chapter 17 - Twinsies
Chapter 18 - Love Is In the Air
Chapter 19 - The One I've Been Waiting For
Chapter 20 - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
Chapter 21 - You're Beautiful, It's True
Chapter 22 - Nerdy Nerds
Chapter 23 - This Feels Like Falling In Love
Chapter 24 - Shopping Buddies
Chapter 25 - Messy Twister
Chapter 26 - Harold's Birthday
Chapter 27 - Dancing In the Rain
Chapter 28 - She Finally Sees
Chapter 29 - Don't Leave
VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 30 - It'll All Be Okay
Chapter 31 - Together
Chapter 32 - A New Beginning
Chapter 33 - The Screams All Sound The Same
Chapter 34 - Stressed, But Snuggled
Chapter 35 - Makin' Bacon
Chapter 36 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 1)
Chapter 37 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 2)
Chapter 38 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 3)
Chapter 39 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 4)
Chapter 40 - Homesick
Chapter 41 - My Nightingale
Chapter 42 - Correct Assumptions
Chapter 43 - I Seem To Be Struck By You
Chapter 44 - Mixin' It Up
Chapter 45 - V is for Victory
Chapter 46 - Longer Than Five Seconds
Chapter 47 - Sisterly Instinct
Chapter 48 - Ridiculous News
Author's Note 12/6/14

Chapter 12 - Bonding With Nialler

2.3K 69 13
By MyOwnSelf

A/N: hiya! Sorry I've been so M.I.A. Recently, but science tests and Camp NaNoWriMo have been keeping me busy :( CURSE YOU, SCIENCE!

Okay, so we're now getting into some character development with a certain Irish lad :D enjoy!

~Grace xx

----------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                            ~April~

"What song should we do, girls?" I asked my friends as we sat around a circle in The Lair with a legal pad I had stolen from Rikki. I'm pretty sure she hoards those things.

"A fun one," Kris suggested, "Maybe even a party song?"

"Alright," I responded absentmindedly, making a note of it on the yellow paper.

"Last Friday Night by Katy Perry?" Erin offered, but was shot down by Rikki who wasn't a big fan of the song.

"OOH! OOH! I KNOW! I KNOW!" I exclaimed, getting their attention, "Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae!"

"Yes!" They agreed enthusiastically with wide smiles.

"It this how you plan all your videos?" Harry piped up from where the boys were sitting in a cluster outside the circle.

"Mhm," I replied, "Every single one."

"What are we gonna do with the video?" Rikki asked, prompted, jumping back into the planning.

"We can't go outside and film very easily, so it'll probably have to be inside," Heather stated.

"Why don't you girls have a sleepover theme?" Louis suggested, making us tilt our heads towards him, "Just having fun, wearing pajamas, stuff like that."

"That's perfect," I replied, able to hear the smile in my own voice, "Is that good girls?"

"Awesome!"

"Yeah!"

"Mhm!"

"Yep!"

"Great!" I said, throwing a smile at Lou, "Do we all know the lyrics?"

Once again, the girls said yes, so I replied, "Good, then we'll film it tomorrow."

"We should get to sleep," Rikki said, and we all nodded, getting up and into our sleeping positions.

:~:~:

"Pst! Louis!" I whispered into the darkness, sure that everyone else was already asleep.

"Mhm?" He replied in a murmur from beside me; we ended up next to each other on the floor in the sleeping arrangement.

"Are you awake?"

"Yes."

"Good. Pull up your blanket and scoot over." I said, then upon hearing the shuffling of fabric, pushed my blankets off me, immediately being hit by the crisp coldness of the air.

I tucked my arms to my sides then rolled over once, landing snuggly next to Louis.

He laid the blanket back over the two of us with a chuckle, inquiring, "What are you doing?"

"I was cold," I replied, pulling the blanket up to my neck, "And you're warm. So here I am."

Louis replied with another chuckle, but relaxed his head back into the pillow, right behind mine, as we fell asleep.

:~:~:

I swatted at my face, too groggy to open my eyes and see who was poking me.

"Ugh, what?!" I finally hissed, keeping my voice low to not wake the others up.

Opening my eyes, I saw the dark silhouette of a figure leaning over me. I blinked a few times until I was able to identify who had woken me up.

"Get up," Niall said in a whisper.

"Why?"

"Because, I'll explain in a minute," He urged, then straightened up and walked out of the room.

Huffing out a sigh thick with sleep, I made a motion to push myself up, but immediately felt a light weight on my waist holding me down.

With eyes that were newly adjusted to the absence of light in the room filled with snores, I picked up the blanket covering me, and arched my neck to find Louis' arm slung loosely over me.

My eyes widening, I reached down slowly, my heart rate growing every second. With ginger hands, I carefully lifted his arm and laid it gently next to him.

As I stood up and brushed myself off, my mind raced with thoughts of if he purposefully put his arm around me, or if it happened when he rolled over in his sleep.

Attempting to put my thoughts at rest, I climbed the stairs that Niall had previously scaled, and wandered drowsily into the kitchen, sleep still loosely holding onto my brain.

"Sorry to wake you," Niall said as soon as he saw me, his Irish accent thick, handing me a warm cup of tea, "But I sort of figured you might not want the others to see you and Louis all cuddled up."

I froze in the middle of sitting down, but continued when he added with a smirk, "Don't worry, I'm not gonna tease you about it."

"Thanks, I would never hear the end of it if the girls had seen us," I replied, suddenly understanding why he had gotten me up.

"Anytime," I gave Niall a small smile before sipping a gulp of my tea, but was interrupted by the blonde boy saying my name hesitantly, "April?"

"Mhm?" I replied, putting on a convincing grin.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his face concerned, "You don't seem... well... right, I guess."

Looks like it's not as convincing as I thought.

My muscles stiffening at the question, I set the tea down carefully, "Yeah, of course I'm fine."

"You're lying," Niall said, looking into my eyes questioningly.

"Look, Niall, it's not important-"

"Yes it is." He argued, "I can tell that you and Louis have talked about it before. Please, just tell me. You can trust me."

"Niall," I said, feeling a mix of happiness that someone else has noticed, and displeasure because I didn't feel comfortable talking about it with anyone but Louis, "It's hard to explain. It's a lot of things, and I don't want to get into it right now. I do trust you," I tried convince him, "But I just can't talk about it right now."

"Okay," Niall replied, his expression somber, "I understand."

Unable to handle the desperate look on his face, I spoke up again, barely able to keep my voice from breaking, "I will tell you one thing, though..."

His blue eyes grew wide, and in them I could see a lot more than people usually see in the posters or interviews. I could see why Heather always saw something special in him; I'm glad she has him to rely on.

"I'm having trouble with..." I trailed off, trying to keep it as vague as possible but still show him that I trust him, "With being myself."

Niall's face showed recognition that I'm sure would have broken Heather's heart, and dented mine a bit.

"I get it," He whispered, "That happens to me sometimes, too."

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to dig deeper with sounding pushy. If I couldn't make myself feel better, than I at least wanted to make others feel happy. And Niall sounded like he needed someone.

"You know I'm a bit of an outcast in the band," He said, "The only Irish member, the only blonde one."

"Looks and heritage aren't something that you should feel bad about," I insisted.

"I know, I'm proud of my heritage, but sometimes it makes me feel like people don't see it as a difference; not good or bad, but instead as a flaw."

I could see then, right in front of my eyes, the concept of thinking about people complexly that John Green wrote about in his book, Paper Towns. Everyone has layers, and Niall was showing me one of his that I'll bet not many people got to see.

"I hope you realize that it doesn't matter what people you don't know think about you," As I said it, I thought well isn't the pot calling the kettle black, "The boys love you. The girls and I love you. Heather especially."

"I get that," He said, "But it still hurts, just a tiny bit, when people say bad things about you."

"Amen," I sighed, "But you should be happy. Not everyone has millions of people ready to take a bullet for you," I joked. As a fangirl, I know that's a fact.

"True," He smiled a crooked-toothed grin, "I'm very lucky."

"Luck of the Irish," I winked, nudging him with my elbow, earning a laugh.

"But anyway," Niall continued, "I just learned that the only way to enjoy my life is to be myself; even if not everyone likes who I am."

I learned an important lesson from Niall that day. I also grew closer to the maybe-not-as-carefree-as-I-originally-thought-boy.

Abruptly, he pulled me into a hug, one where he put his head into the crook of my neck.

OH MY GOD IT'S A HORAN HUG I AM ON THE RECEIVING END OF A HORAN HUG-

"I'm here for you April," He said, "And so are the girls and the boys. Especially Louis."

He pulled away and I gave him one last smile before heading downstairs to wake the others.

"Wait!" He called just as I was about to turn down the stairs, making me spin around, "Did you say 'Heather especially'?"

I winked at his glowing face before holding a finger to my lips in a 'shush' motion, and walked downstairs after one last glance at his ecstatic expression.

I swear, Hiall cuteness with be THE DEATH OF ME.

------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------

A/N: FIRST OFF, NO, NIALL AND APRIL WILL NOT BE TOGETHER. AS YOU CAN TELL, APRIL SHIPS HIALL. THEY ARE SIMPLY GREAT FRIENDS.

So, what do you guys think of April showing a bit more if herself? Thoughts on this different side of our lil' Irish buddy?

~Grace xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 263 45
That girl who fell in love, she was saved. © 2014 By PayneBear (EVERYTHING WRITTEN MY IDEAS)
11.6K 304 29
April Greene's life turns upside down when she visits a One Direction concert. It could've been one of the worst days for her. But it flips her world...
51.5K 969 24
"How do you know when you have feelings for your best friend?" The one and only question that has been bothering these two inseparable friends. They...
9.6K 252 32
Imagine a world in which soulmates exist and everybody is looking for their other half... Louis Tomlinson has learnt pretty early that even in this r...