Heat Wave (Disaster Series #2)

By Pann_yera

Tequila is a young, wild, and carefree soul. Painted by the people of their town as a girl with a bad reputa... More

Heat Wave
Simula
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Wakas

Kabanata 28

187 4 0
By Pann_yera

Distraction

"Gon's secretary? Are you still there?" the drunk girl's voice continued on the other line.

Gon glanced at me and I can't help but give him a glare. I crossed my arms and let myself sink in the passenger's seat.

A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips before he cleared his throat and paid attention to his phone that's on the dashboard.

"She's not my secretary. She's my girlfriend."

Malapad ang ngising iginawad niya sa akin pero sinuklian ko lang iyon ng pag-irap.

"H-Huh? Girlfriend?"

Rinig ko ang unti-unting paghina ang music sa background ng babaeng tumawag. Tila lumabas pa siya ng bar dahil sa narinig.

"Did I hear it right, Gon? You have a girlfriend? She's there with you?" the panic is suddenly evident on the girl's voice.

Parang bigla pa siyang nahimasmasan mula sa pagkakalasing.

"Yes. So, I won't go anywhere tonight. I'm taking her home," Gon replied back casually.

Mariin akong napapikit dahil sa isinagot niya. Hindi ko alam kung kikiligin ba ako sa pinagsasabi niya o maaawa sa babaeng tumatawag sa kabilang linya.

It's obvious that the girl was trying to flirt with him awhile ago and now he just dropped off the girlfriend declaration right off the bat.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with what he said. I even like it.

But I just can't believe how he's so oblivious about what the person on the other line is feeling.

"Okay... t-this is Maxine, Gon. Aren't you really going to come here for me tonight?" the girl's voice sounded sweetly desperate.

My brows creased at what she said. The audacity!

Gon shook his head, his expression seems upset, almost to the point of disgusted.

Hindi ko na napigilan pa ang ang paghagalpak ng tawa sa kabila ng iritang nararamdaman. This girl must be seriously drunk.

"Sure. Gon will be there. Deep dive, right?" I smirked.

Gon's eyes widened and he shook his head once again, as if telling me to stop whatever I'm thinking right now. Too late, though.

The girl on the other line lightened up and she laughed as if she's relieved of something.

"I knew it! You're just with your secretary, Gon. She even agrees that you should loosen up from being such a workaholic." She giggled like a fool.

I smiled sarcastically at the phone that's on the dashboard as if the person from the other line could see me. I then ended the call before the girl could even express more of her excitement.

Hindi naman makaimik si Gon sa tabi ko. He is just looking at me incredulously and now his expression is in between amusement and cluelessness.

"What was that, Tequila?" Hindi na maipinta ngayon ang hitsura niya.

He doesn't look mad. His expression just looks like something weird and extremely bizarre happened.

"Fling mo?"

"No. If I remember it correctly, she's a friend of a friend."

"Talaga ba, Gon? It seems like you're bar buddies or something." Tila hindi na mabura-bura pa ang sarkastikong ngiti sa labi ko.

"I honestly don't know her that much. I used to go to parties, but I don't particularly go with girls. Mga pinsan o kaibigan ang palagi kong kasama."

He shrugged and was about to stop when we were at my apartment when I tapped his thigh, signalling him to continue driving.

He swallowed the bile on his throat and looked at me helplessly.

"Let's go to Deep Dive first."

"You're tired from work. We can rest at your apartment. I'll cook for you there," pangungumbinsi niya.

I pursed my lips, stifling an amused smile, and shook my head.

"No, I already ate the food you brought me. I'm full. I want to go to Deep Dive and meet the friend of your friend. Maxine, right?"

Gon looked at me like he's so torn.

"You have work tomorrow," he said in a reprimanding tone.

I quirked my brow at him.

"I don't have work tomorrow. Natapos ko na nga ang paper works para sa susunod na dalawang linggo."

I smiled devilishly at him. Because I know I'm already winning this fight.

"You don't mind introducing me to your friend, right? Unless of course, she used to be your fling?" Pinaalon ko pang kilay ko na siyang ikinabuntong-hininga niya.

"Fine. If that's what you want." He shrugged his shoulders and now continued driving.

And just when I thought he'll look problematic the whole drive towards that bar, his whole disposition seemed to be so light and happy.

I narrowed my eyes and observed how he seemed to be really excited about going there.

"Masaya kang pupunta tayo para kay Maxine?" I raised a brow at him.

He chuckled.

"Hmm... yes."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko at akmang magre-react na sa sagot niya pero natameme na lang talaga ako sa idinagdag niya.

"I'll get to introduce you as my girlfriend to my friends there."

Ramdam ko agad ang init na gumapang mula sa leeg ko papunta sa pisngi. Napalabi ako at napaiwas ng tingin dahil sa hindi na mapigilang ngiti na sumusugat sa mga labi.

"Come to think of it, I never went to a bar since forever. I'm kind of in the mood to get drunk," pagbabago ko ng topic dahil biglang naibsan na ang pagseselos.

"That's the main reason why I want us to go there. I've been thinking about this last week. Nagkataon lang na tumawag si Maxine sa phone mo kaya naalala ko bigla na gusto ko palang pumunta roon."

What a futile way to cover up my jealousy.

"Hmm... okay. That surely is the reason. No doubt about it." Tumango-tango pa siya, tila kumbinsidong-kumbinsido sa rason ko.

Pero ramdam na ramdam ko naman ang panunuya mula sa boses niya. Umismid ako, nahihiya na para sa sarili.

He seems to find this so funny that his shoulders almost shook because of his suppressed laugh.

"Stop it, Gon. i just want to get drunk tonight."

Hindi ko na rin mapigilan ang pagsiwang ng ngiti mula sa boses.

Hmm... so this is how I really am. I can't seem to control my actions when I'm jealous. Tingnan mo, bigla ko pang pinatulan ang babae at pinilit sa Gon na pumunta roon sa bar.

"Sure, you'll drink. And I'll stay sober to take you home," he said breathlessly.

And maybe that is what I'll really do tonight, get drunk.

Because being in front of Gon's friends in a crowded and lively bar somehow made me feel the difference between us.

Parang biglaan akong nanliit at gustong magtago na lang sa likod niya o kaya pumunta na lang ng restroom at doon na lang magpalipas ng oras.

But then I grew up mastering the art of pretending. Kaya kahit pa man sa kabila ng pagkakailang at panliliit ay nakangiti pa akong nakipagkamayan sa kanila.

His guy friends can't peel their eyes off of me. Parang hindi sila makapaniwala nang ipinakilala ako ni Gon bilang girlfriend niya.

The girls are doing the same too. But they kept glancing at the girl called Maxine, trying to watch her expression closely.

The girl is wearing a red halter neck bodycon dress, she looks mestisa that the color of her dress complimented her complexion so well. Dahil din sa suot ay nadepina ang sexy at curvy niyang katawan.

But under the dancing strobe lights, I could almost see her smoky eyes glistening, as if she is about to cry.

It was her turn to shake my hand and an awkward vibe suddenly hang around the atmosphere. I could almost hear the silence of their friends, and it's crazy because the music is blasting so loud.

Pero napahanga lang ako sa ginawa ni Maxine. She made an effort to give me a smile and introduce herself politely. She seems like she's sober now.

"I'm Maxine. I've been... friends with Gon for years. I'm sorry for acting like that on the phone..." Her small smile faded and she let go of my hands immediately.

I smiled back at her and somehow liked her approach. I swear I was ready to confront her when we were on the phone earlier. But now that I met her, she seems nice or at least, tolerable.

"We never really thought you'll do relationships, Gon! You've only been playing around for years, after all!" one girl shouted as Gon made me sit beside him in their semi-circle couch.

Natatawang umiling lang si Gon sa kanila. He didn't bother to answer them because the loud music is making it impossible for us to have a decent conversation.

Tumagal pa ang usap-usapan nila tungkol sa amin ni Gon na tinatanguan ko lang naman at nginingitian dahil hindi ko naman alam kung paano mag-react.

I just kept drinking and listening to their inaudible stories.

The ladies were so hung up about it. And the men just continued drinking while some already went to the dance floor.

I sipped on the sixth glass that one of their girl friends offered me and my eyes suddenly fell on my clothes.

My outfit looks so formal and out of place. Nagkataon pa talagang isang pant suit at peplum dress shirt ang suot ko.

Gon's friends looks so expensive and sophisticated. The ladies are clearly from wealthy and well-known families while the men, I'm sure, are bachelors that grown women will swoon over.

"Anything you'd like to drink?" Gon whispered on my ear, putting a stop to the sudden insecurity that's already building up inside me.

My breathing hitched as his right arm snaked all over my waist, just so his hand could splay out against my flat stomach.

"Nothing, I guess. I don't know much about drinks now." I laughed softly.

Nasa pinakadulo kami ng couch at malayo-layo mula sa mga kaibigan niya pero ramdam na ramdam ko pa rin ang mga sulyap ng iilan sa kanilang nanatili lang sa couch at nag-iinom.

"Hmm... how about the Gon Perignon?" His breathing tickled my nape and I can't help but lean in to his chest.

"Well, yeah. That, you can surely give to me," I teased him back as I whispered on his ear.

Hawak ko ang baso ng alak sa kanang kamay habang ang kaliwang kamay ko naman ay napahawak na sa hita niya bilang suporta.

He cussed underneath his breath and gently played with my left hand that's on his thigh, only to get it out of there and place it on my own thigh.

I hummed my protest for what he did and softly glared at him.

Namumungay ang mga mata'y inilingan niya ako. He bit his lower lip to stifle a smile and pulled me along with him to lean on the couch's backrest.

"Why won't you let me touch you?" hindi ko na mapigilan ang malambing na bulong sa kanya.

Sobrang ingay ng music at nagwawala na ang crowd pero tila nalunod lang kaming dalawa sa sarili naming mundo.

And aside from being in our own world, heat is suddenly building up inside my body.  It's kind of bothering. And my dress shirt only made it worse.

I guess this is the result of my long years of abstinence from alcohol, huh. Andali ko na ngayong tamaan ng alak.

Damn, I even think the third shot already made my cheeks flush and hot.

"What do you mean, Tequila? We're basically hugging each other here," he sounds so amused as his eyes wandered across my features.

Nakayuko siya habang pinagmamasdan akong nakasandal sa dibdib niya. Iniangat ko ang kamay at sinubukang hawakan ulit ang hita niya.

He flinched and immediately trapped my hands in his just to stop me from touching him.

I groaned and looked at him helplessly.

"What's wrong?" I almost pouted childishly just to show him how upset I am.

"You don't want me to touch you because Maxine is around?"

Mariin siyang napapapikit at marahang napahalakhak. He suddenly looks so stressed.

"All my friends already went to the dance floor, Tequila."

Inilibot ko ang tingin sa couch namin habang sumisimsim sa hawak na alak.

Tama nga siya. Almost everyone is on the dance floor. And the smell of alcohol, cigarette, and sweat is just getting stronger because it is already past midnight and everyone is partying more than ever.

"Then what's wrong with me touching you?"

Ang bulong mula sa tenga niya ay naging isang halik patungo sa panga niya.

I can hear his breathing getting rugged and his hold on my waist tightened a bit.

"You know what's wrong," he slowly said and looked down.

Sinundan ko ang mata niya at 'saka ko lang napagtanto ang epekto ng mga pinanggagawa ko sa kanya.

My half-closed eyes because of the dizzyness widened and I stared at his bulge that almost tore up his fly. It's so big and noticeable, I bet the dim lights won't even help in concealing it.

Dali-dali kong kinuha ang isang throw pillow at itinakip agad iyon sa kanya.

He laughed so loud with what I did that his head fell on my shoulders.

Despite the loud music, I can clearly hear his heavenly laugh. Or is it even heavenly? It has always been heaven and hell combined. Oddly relaxing but sinfully sexy at the same time.

"Delikado ka palang malasing." Umiling-iling siya sa akin, para bang hindi na talaga kami mauulit pa rito.

"I'm just a bit tipsy, Gon. I'm not yet drunk."

I know that he's trying to change the topic pero hindi ko pa rin maalis-alis ang tingin sa unang itinakip ko sa kanya. I'm suddenly having this urge to lift up the pillow to see if he's okay now.

Napailing ako dahil sa sariling iniisip at sumimsim ulit sa alak para i-distract ang sarili sa mga biglaang pinag-iisip.

"Alright. You're just a bit tipsy, as you say. You can at least stop drinking now, so you won't get drunk."

"Sabi mo hahayaan mo akong maglasing?"

Iniwas ko pa sa kanya ang hawak kong baso ng alak kahit wala naman yata siyang balak na kunin 'to mula sa akin ng sapilitan.

He let out a sigh and a lazy smile touched his red lips. I noticed he didn't drink even one glass of alcohol and yet his lips are moist.

I swallowed the lump that suddenly formed on my throat and downed the remaining alcohol on my glass.

"Yes. I said I'll let you get drunk, and I'll take you home safe. But how will I take you home safe, now that you're distracting me?" His forehead creased as he tried his best not to give me a smile.

He's trying so hard just to look stern and intimidating. And I only smirked at him.

"We can just stay in a nearby hotel for the night. May pera pa naman yata ako." I shrugged my shoulders and leaned more closer into his chest.

My body now feels light but for some reason, I can't seem to sit straight. I needed to lean in to him.

"God, Tequila," he hoarsely said and wiped a hand over his face, as if trying to wipe away all the stress that I'm giving him.

"Yeah? You think it's a good suggestion?" I laughed at him and he only clutched the throw pillow that's on his thighs tighter.

To be honest, I am already drunk right now. But I'm still sane. Sane to the point of planning to distract him even more on our way home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 542 55
Sloth is the lack of any feeling about self or other, a mind-state that gives rise to boredom, rancor, apathy, and a passive inert or sluggish mentat...
5.2K 79 64
[Celebrity Series #4] Spark, even when only twinkles, is still a light. Iyan ang pinaniniwalaan ni Shiana Erry sa pag-asang magkikita silang muli ng...
174K 4.2K 46
Envy is when one lacks another's superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it. | Seven Deadl...
16.1K 561 53
Carmina Rosalia Herrera is a girl who finds the myth of love cliche. Electric sparks shooting inside the system, butterflies fluttering inside the st...